Tennis: US Open

Re: Tennis: US Open

Tip Detail
Sport Tennis
Event Serena Williams v Daniela Hantuchova
Selection Daniela Hantuchova +4.5 games
Strength 10/10
Date 06/09/2009
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.40 (Back)
Reasoning Like this situation, Hantuchova is playing well and can keep the match close. Also think playing first up will be tough for Serena. She is used to bigger crowd and better atmosphere and used to night matches. Serena played well so far but like so many matches in women draw so far this one could be interesting!

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sport Tennis
Event US Open Womens outright
Selection Gisela Dulko E/W (1/3, 1-2) (Each-Way)
Strength 2/10
Date 12/09/2009
Bookmaker/Price VCBet @ 101.00 (Back)
Reasoning Just look at the way the draw has opened up, in particular the 1st quarter. One from Wickmayer, Kvitova, Dulko and K Bondarenko will be in the semi final! Then that semi final will be against one of Wozniacki, Kuznetsova, Petrova or Oudin. That is possible, definately Q2 looking tough and who comes from that could have had 2 very tough matches. I'll take Dulko, who is playing really well. I think she'll beat Bondarenko who physically doesn't look in great shape and I think will fade after big 1st round win. Dulko I also think likes the big occasion and definately has a chance, this price too big.

Sport Tennis
Selection Yanina Wickmayer E/W (1/3, 1-2) (Each-Way)
Strength 2/10
Date 12/09/2009
Bookmaker/Price Coral @ 81.00 (Back)
Reasoning Just look at the way the draw has opened up, in particular the 1st quarter. One from Wickmayer, Kvitova, Dulko and K Bondarenko will be in the semi final! Then that semi final will be against one of Wozniacki, Kuznetsova, Petrova or Oudin. That is possible, definately Q2 looking tough and who comes from that could have had 2 very tough matches. Wickmayer is a good player, showed promise last year and maybe coming of age. I think she'll beat Kvitova, who is coming off the really tough match against Safina but let's be fair Safina was poor. Next match after big win always tough and I think she'll make too many errors against Wickmayer.

Re: Tennis: US Open hope some of ye took on my first 5 star tip on dolgopolov to beat lorenzi at 5-6!! he won 6-4,6-2! and kvitova,oudin, robredo and isner all did the business for me so a great day overall!!black thursday is long forgotten!!though i've finally copme to my sense and realised that betting on any match to be over 40 games is an absolute mugs game!!! anyway,i honestly dont see any tips worth talkin about 4 today!though monfils and tsonga will both win if u want to put them in a shorty price accumulator!

Re: Tennis: US Open Yeah Smeg nothing much today.Like Gonzalez but could lose this one to Berdych and his price is falling it seems.Thought the Clijsters/Venus match was a chance to make money but Kim is fave and something doesn't seem right with Venus as underdog even if she's struggling a bit.Wait til tomorrow. What you think of Petrova/Oudin?? Think Petrova is the bet of tomorrow at Evens.Oudin won me money last night and is talented but Petrova won't serve as poorly as Maria did and certainly not nearly as many doubles.Most service games were going to deuce or a break of serve.Think bookies are getting caught up in Oudin's run so far.

Re: Tennis: US Open Alrite, already placed one for tomorrow.My biggest bet of the tournament so far, could be a mistake but have a gut feeling for Petrova. Petrova over Oudin @ Evens Was as impressed as everyone else by Oudin's display against Maria,but when you look into it Maria was also a major factor in her defeat.Oudin can rally well, hit winners, covers the court well and can change pace with the slice...good to see in a young player, makes a change from the huge ball-bashers dominating the game now.But Maria had many chances on Oudin's service games and also served an incredible amount of double-faults and weak second serves in her own games.Petrova served well when convincingly beating Zheng and has done most of the tournament....also can hit hard and deep when her game is on.An unreliable player but she must be boosted by Sharapova going out who owns her pretty much.Crowd will be with Oudin but I feel this could be anti-climax with Petrova winning in 2 or possibly 3 if Oudin starts well. Kuznetsova over Wozniacki @ 5/6 Really fancy Sveta here. 2-1 h2h with her two wins coming on hard-court.Not having her best year but showed at Rolland Garros that she shows up for the slams, also 1/4s at Aus Open.Watched parts of her match with Peer and she was very good in a tough match with Peer playing well.She has won here before and came runner up too so knows what it takes.Wozniacki is of course very talented but also quite passive at times defending well and waiting for mistake from opponent.I think that's dangerous against Kuznetsova ina GS.Could go to 3 but think Kuznetsova takes this one. GL!

Re: Tennis: US Open Pennetta v Zvonareva, Pennetta @1.59 Betfair Pennetta has very successful season on hard courts so far. She won LA, played semis in New Haven and Cincinatti, and looks very promising here in USO. She lost only six games in three rounds vs Gallovits, Mirza and Wozniak what looks quite impressive. Zvonareva not in best form atm, but beat Llagostera, Chakva and Vesnina so far what doesn't look bad. However, Pennetta is in much better form, she's very confident and already beat Zvonareva this season, in LA few weeks ago with 6-4 6-2. Maybe it's generally to risky go for such odds in WTA but i'm very confident about this.

Re: Tennis: US Open yeah,i backed gonzalez myself! actually really fancied him at first and backed him straight away but i noticed a lot of guys on other forums and d racing post tipped up berdych, which puts doubt in my mind so thats why i didnt post d tip!!just like 2 days ago with d cuevas-koellerer match!everyone was tipping up cuevas and i kinda fancied koellerer but just got caught up in d cuevas hype so didnt end up backin koellerer!for some strange reason koellerer is still treated like a joke by d bookies because he's so liable to have a horror show in any given match but he's actually a decent player and his consistency has improved a lot this year!! well anyway, as 4 the petrova-oudin match, i think ur probably right about the petrova bet! but i just have this feeling about oudin that she is in no mood for stopping this run now,she has incredible self belief and big match temperment and will get d same adrenalin rush from the screaming us support!!petrova could well beat her but if it goes to a third set id fancy oudin!!i mean oudin followed up her dementieva win by beating sharapova, both better players than petrova in my opinion, so it was no fluke!and she has a pretty solid game, cant see it falling apart that easily! if i had to pick a winner id say petrova but oudin if it goes 2 three sets!! mayb petrova would be good bet 4 first set, i dunno!

Re: Tennis: US Open the bet that i really like 4 tomorro is SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA to beat wozniacki!!im tellin ya all wozniacki is over-rated!! fair enough she is in great form right now, hitting the ball better than ever, and she deserves to be a top ten player but kuzie is a class ahead!!wozniacki is possibly the most consistent performer on tour but her reasonably one dimensional game and suspect movement is regularly exposed by the big guns and kuzie is certainly a member of that elite group!! wozniacki has flattered to decieve in the grand slams!she lost to dokic in oz,cirstea in french and lisicki in wimby!!none of these r top ten players!! and she has went into those matches on the back of givimg inferior opponents hidings!kuzie has a 2-1 winning record against her!! she is a grand slam player and in my opinion serenas greatest threat this year!!! she was so close to beating serena in aus open!she then beat her in french, she'll have plenty of confidence as she is french open champion so in my opinio she is a class above and will play the big occasion! 4 star bet!!10-11 with bet365!!

Sport Tennis
Event Andy Murray v Taylor Dent
Selection Taylor Dent +8.5 games
Strength 10/10
Date 06/09/2009
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 1.83 (Back)
Reasoning This just seems like giving too many games. Night match, big crowd, Dent will be pumped up and I think he'll perform well. It's a good match up for Murray, he loves this type of player, but he will have to play well. So far, serving not so well and Dent has the aggression to punish him. Murray to come through, but Dent keep it close enough to cover +8.5.
Sport Tennis
Event Flavia Pennetta v Vera Zvonareva
Selection Flavia Pennetta -1.5 sets
Strength 10/10
Date 06/09/2009
Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 2.50 (Back)
Reasoning Cannot see problems for Pennetta in this match. She is playing beautiful tennis, and is so pumped up for this tournament. So far she's just given up 6 games in 3 matches and is full of belief. Zvonareva is slowly finding her form after injury layoff but still does not appear to be at top level. Should be comfortable win.

Re: Tennis: US Open Oudin - Petrova Petrova has better serves than sharapova and dementieva right now , but she is not moving well on the court.Oudin is faster than Petrova. Also in the long rallies Petrova is not patient. Crowd will support oudin. Although serves of oudin is poor right now , she can beat Petrova. I don't think Petrova has more mental power than dementieva and sharapova. Oudin @1.90

Re: Tennis: US Open alright gooner!glad to see u agree on the kuzie bet!i feel pretty co9nfident on it!!and ur biggest bet of tourney is petrova!!i think she'll probably do it and it could be an anti climax, she might just win in straight sets but im afraid of oudin as i stated already!!if it gets 2 3 all in d third id be very nervous 4 petrova!!but good luck wit it anyway!!

Re: Tennis: US Open Soderling v Davydenko, Davydenko @2.42 Pinnacle I believe odds are a bit too high on Soderling this time. He defeated Querrey in the last round but this should be a completely different story. Denko is in solid form, so far he didn't lost a set although his opponents were Kindlman, Hernych and Chiudinelli, so not exactly a top class players. Denko can cope with Soderling's serves well, he's better baseliner and a bit weaker on the net, so i can agree with odds favouring Soderling but difference between the odds shouldn't be that big. Federer v Robredo, Robredo(+8) @1.82 Pinnacle Line is a bit too high IMO. Fedex surely a big favourite and most likely a winner in this match but he didn't covered this line against Greul and Hewitt, also in their last 2 h2h matches it was "only" 6 games difference in Federer's favour. I must admitt i was lucky with my bet on Tommy in the last round against Blake, JB renewed his ankle injury and it was holding him down throughout the whole match. I expect a 3-0 win for the suiss, Robredo maybe can take one set like Lleyton, but basically he should win his 10 games at least to secure a void bet.

Re: Tennis: US Open Yeah had a bad feeling the second I placed the Petrova bet but think this is the type of match she can win.Probably would have been intimidated as usual against Maria.But if she serves well and gets some free points doing that, she has a chance.Hopefully not a 3-setter as I think Oudin has an incredible 3 set record....:hope

Re: Tennis: US Open Awful day yesterday, need some winners....

Sport Tennis
Event Nadia Petrova v Melanie Oudin
Selection Over 22 games
Strength 10/10
Date 07/09/2009
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.94 (Back)
Reasoning I like the chance of over here. Oudin is excellent, getting big wins and showing a lot of fight. Not sure if she can do it again but will surely have a good period in the match and I see 3 sets again. Petrova has been impressive but with big crowd really against her I can see her having problems. Really tough match to call, so say over, and if I had to choose Petrova in 3.
Sport Tennis
Event Kateryna Bondarenko v Gisela Dulko
Selection Gisela Dulko
Strength 10/10
Date 07/09/2009
Bookmaker/Price Betfred @ 2.10 (Back)
Reasoning I like Dulko at these prices. Bondarenko started the tournament very well beating Ivanovic but performance in the last round not so good. I've been really impressed with Dulko after average start she's got 2 good wins. I also think she likes the big occasion, has already beaten Alona Bondarenko and is more ready to step up here.

Sport Tennis
Event Robin Soderling v Nicolay Davydenko
Selection Under 40.5 games
Strength 10/10
Date 07/09/2009
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.99 (Back)
Reasoning Looking at head 2 head, can sometimes have shock easy results between these two and also seem to have some easy sets. I expect 3 or 4 sets, with at least 1 very easy. Not sure which way it will go, maybe a little value in Davydenko, but whatever I think it goes under.
Sport Tennis
Event Robin Soderling v Nicolay Davydenko
Selection Under 40.5 games
Strength 10/10
Date 07/09/2009
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.99 (Back)
Reasoning Looking at head 2 head, can sometimes have shock easy results between these two and also seem to have some easy sets. I expect 3 or 4 sets, with at least 1 very easy. Not sure which way it will go, maybe a little value in Davydenko, but whatever I think it goes under.

Sport Tennis
Selection Gisela Dulko E/W (1/3' date=' 1-2) (Each-Way)
Strength 2/10
Date 12/09/2009
Bookmaker/Price VCBet @ 101.00 (Back)
Reasoning Just look at the way the draw has opened up, in particular the 1st quarter. One from Wickmayer, Kvitova, Dulko and K Bondarenko will be in the semi final! Then that semi final will be against one of Wozniacki, Kuznetsova, Petrova or Oudin. That is possible, definately Q2 looking tough and who comes from that could have had 2 very tough matches. I'll take Dulko, who is playing really well. I think she'll beat Bondarenko who physically doesn't look in great shape and I think will fade after big 1st round win. Dulko I also think likes the big occasion and definately has a chance, this price too big.
I totally agree with your bet, many favourites are out, so why not? I always said Dulko has bigger potential on hard than on clay, same as Del Potro. She has nice service and she can lead the play with her forehand. Kateryna has big potential on fast surface too, but not now and not here. She is quite not mature yet and for the Argie will be the perfect situation to advance in a very high round at this Grand Slam! I see this game: Dulko plays consistent and good forehands and Kateryna will do a lot of mistakes in this match! This is my only bet of today from singles and another argument is that Dulko could have been the favourite here some weeks ago with a value lets say of 1.50... She will probably not win the tournament, Cramer, but you might sell your bet at Betfair! I am just saying that Dulko to win K Bondarenko 2.16 is pure value!!! :hope I also like Nestor/Zimonjic at 1.20 banker... Bupathi/Knowles is more dangerous, but they should win it too! :hope

Re: Tennis: US Open I'm not sure if you guys have seen this already, but... There are specials on when Murray will get knocked out on SkyBet, Round 4, Quarters, Semi's, Runner-up or Winner. Now I'm not particularly keen on Murray but his best surface is the one at the US Open and he's looking good to at least make the semi's. So with that, you can make money by betting even stakes on his elimanation at: Semi's, Runner-up and Winner. The odds are better on SportingBet for him to win it though so would say put your money on his elimination at Semi's and Runner-up with you putting money on him winning with whoever is offering better odds of 11/4 The draw doesn't look too bad for Murray. He's got Cilic in round 4, then either Del Potro or Ferrero in the quarters. All of them will be beat if Murray plays well. So then all your after is the semi's and have guaranteed profit. £5 on semi final (7/2 - skybet) = £22.50 £5 on runner-up (10/3 - skybet) = £21.66 £5 on winner (3/1 - sportingbet) = £20.00 minimum £5.00 profit - maximum £7.50 profit. Depending on how much you want to put on, your profit will vary. Just thought I'd put it out there if it hasn't already been done.

I'm not sure if you guys have seen this already, but... There are specials on when Murray will get knocked out on SkyBet, Round 4, Quarters, Semi's, Runner-up or Winner. Now I'm not particularly keen on Murray but his best surface is the one at the US Open and he's looking good to at least make the semi's. So with that, you can make money by betting even stakes on his elimanation at: Semi's, Runner-up and Winner. The odds are better on SportingBet for him to win it though so would say put your money on his elimination at Semi's and Runner-up with you putting money on him winning with whoever is offering better odds of 11/4 The draw doesn't look too bad for Murray. He's got Cilic in round 4, then either Del Potro or Ferrero in the quarters. All of them will be beat if Murray plays well. So then all your after is the semi's and have guaranteed profit. £5 on semi final (7/2 - skybet) = £22.50 £5 on runner-up (10/3 - skybet) = £21.66 £5 on winner (3/1 - sportingbet) = £20.00 minimum £5.00 profit - maximum £7.50 profit. Depending on how much you want to put on, your profit will vary. Just thought I'd put it out there if it hasn't already been done.
hmm.... murray currently 1.10 to beat cilic in the next round i should think murray will be around 1.28 ish to be del potro (fair guess) so im not sure your bet is value unless ferrero comes through ( in my opinion)

Re: Tennis: US Open Wozniacki v Kuznetsova, Wozniacki @1.99 Pinnacle Wozniacki has impressive streak of 8 games without lost set, and four times she won 6-0. Really impressive fact for a 19-years old danish girl. Kuznetsova on the other hand had lost to the likes of Stosur and Mauresmo in the last few weeks. Wozniacki is in much better form, she's playing great atm and deserves to be a slight favourite, 1.80 would be closer to my expectations.

Re: Tennis: US Open Retirements and injuries killing me lately.

Sport Tennis
Event Fernando Verdasco v John Isner
Selection John Isner
Strength 10/10
Date 07/09/2009
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 3.00 (Back)
Reasoning Got to have a go with Isner at this price. Tough match against Roddick and if he's recovered great chance You'd have to favour him in tie breaks where he is so strong. Verdasco also had 5 sets with Haas, at times looking good and at times too many errors. Errors wil be key as if Verdasco is sloppy Isner can break. This match reminds me of Verdasco v Karlovic at Wimbledon where Karlovic was outsider but mentally Verdasco struggled. Same thing I think today.

Re: Tennis: US Open Verdasco v Isner, Over 41.5 @1.85 Pinnacle I predict a very close match with at least one TB. Isner is a very poweful server, eliminated Roddick in the last round and most importantly it seems that he improved his baseline play. Dasco is a great returner and baseliner, tough matchup for american guy. I expect Isner to take at least one, maybe even two sets but Dasco should be a winner in the end, despite he's a bit overrated looking at the odds. GL.

Sport Tennis
Event Svetlana Kuznetsova v Caroline Wozniacki
Selection Svetlana Kuznetsova -4.5
Strength 10/10
Date 07/09/2009
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.40 (Back)
Reasoning Both have been comfortable so far recording easy straight sets wins. But this is the part of a grand slam where Kuznetsova steps up and Wozniacki tends to struggle. I know Wozniacki is improving but still not convinced. I take this handicap at a good price as I think Kuznetsova will turn up comfortable winner.