Best bet of the day 16th Aug

5.00 bath swinbrook showed a nice attitude when winning a claimer round here under this jockey just 10 days ago, and could be well capable off this mark last won a handicap off a mark 70 (65 if taking jockeys claimer into account) runs off 74 today (67 if taking jockeys claimer into account) seeking hatrick sure for a good ride on this ground 0.5pt e/w swinbrook

Re: Best bet of the day 16th Aug 3.10 Pontefract The excellent record of Neil Callan over marathon trips is something I have highlighted recently and he extended that record with a win on Saga de Tercey. His record over trips of thirteen furlongs or more in the last five years (GB flat) now stands at 38-175, 22 % S/R, LSP +55.13, so his booking on Ameeq looks significant here. Pace shouldn't be an issue here with Casual Garcia and Secret Ploy in opposition and he shaped as if in need of a more thorough test of stamina was needed when second at Haydock last time out, off only 2 lb lower. EW

Re: Best bet of the day 16th Aug 350 Southwell: Pelennor Just the one race today and the three market leaders are the ones to concentrate on. Fav Vacario has questions to answer, has looked a bit temperamental in the past and last time out just didnt want to know, has the ability but wont carry my cash. Penyfan Dawn was ridden from the front last time over a longer trip, he seemed to travel ok but maybe just didnt stay as he's quickly put back to this trip, held up in the past but will be interesting to see forcing tactics here. Pelennor is an ineteresting runner with AP on board, used to be with Tim Vaughan but switched stables for his last run when second to Sacrilege, it was a very poor contest but set a strong pace until collared at the last. Maybe AP will be able to save a bit this time but the Vaughan stable should know where they are with this one. Of the rags Attrapeur looks a fair price on his 6th behind Mission Control and could improve enough to reach the frame if one of the main rivals throws in a bad one.

Re: Best bet of the day 16th Aug 16.30 Bath - Please Sing. This could finally be Please Sing's big day. She has been running well of late finishing 3rd in her last three runs and producing very eyecatching late challenges. She shaped last time out as if she is coming into top form in a race that saw Golden Stream way down the field and with Golden Stream 5lbs higher in the weights today I don't think she will be a threat to Mick Channon's Filly. Her main danger is Balaagha who came 2nd last time out to the impressive Strawberrydaquiri and has been in good form of late. Please Sing is stepping back up in trip today which won't be a problem at all and neither will the ground. This is her best chance of the season so far and she should go very close today. I just hope there is enough early pace in this one to set it up nicely for the selection.

Re: Best bet of the day 16th Aug 4:30 Bath I feel that Whispered Dreams has a really good chance in this Fillies' listed race. This German horse, formerly owned by Goldolphin in 2007/2008 has done nearly all of its' racing in France and Germany, with only one race over 7f at Lingfield, a maiden where it won by 2 lengths it's solitary effort in the UK. LTO finished 2nd, by 3/4 l in listed company over 1m. The time in that race was quite decent so it wasn't a bad effort. Previous to that was a second in Group 3 company, where it came 2nd by neck in another decent time. I don't know the worth of that German form but I'm willing to take a chance at the prices given. The trainer hasn't had that much success when bringing horses over here, but that has been mainly jumps events and I'm willing to put that aside. Ted Durcan booking is eyecatching and I'm hoping this one can get it's nose in front, not sure on the ground front, has won twice at good to soft and it's previous efforts were on "good", so it can act on most surfaces. 1pt Win

Re: Best bet of the day 16th Aug 5.00 Bath Fyelehk win Trainer and jockey both appear out of form at the moment but conditions could fall right today and Fyelehk has a chance to return the Millmans to the winners enclosure. If the last run is forgiven you can make a good case for Fyelehk having a great chance here. The form of the Epsom race on 30th of July over todays distance on good ground is working out well producing 3 winners. Fyelehk runs off the same mark today and will be prominent and up with pace from the start. Main dangers for me are Swinbrook and Bateleur.

Re: Best bet of the day 16th Aug 4.00 Bath - Halcyon Princess E/W Could just be me but seems massively over priced for such a unexposed horse who has shown promise in her 2 starts this year over in Ireland. Is raced in Engalnd today for the first time after coming 6/16 and 5/20 in maidens at this trip. 'Kept on same pace' was the description in the closing stages of those 2 races on a softer surface. Could be more at home on a firmer surface and being her first handicap run anything could happen. 69/1 at Betfair!

Re: Best bet of the day 16th Aug 5.00 Bath 2 NR's now so 12 left for this Class 5 handicap over just short of 6f. Open heat currently going 9/2 the field so plenty of EW opportunity. Bath is a track where I oppose both prominent types and those drawn in the very low stalls. With plenty of pace on here, it only enhances that fact for me and I will oppose the following due to a combination of those factors; Swinbrook, Bateleur, Triple Dream (all draw), Finnegan McCool, Don Pele, Fyelehk, Mandhooma, Miss Firefly and Wooden King (prominent types). That leaves us with just 3 but I will take out Caustic Wit due to current form and Kyllachy Storm, who can often race prominently but is equally effective being held up, as I think the price is no value whatsoever whilst it is still 4lb above its highest winning mark and is probably better on softer ground. The one, therefore, is: Bold Argument (10/1 Corals BOG) - Comes here in ok form and drawn in 6, but with a racing style and conditions that will suit today. In this apprentice heat, has one of the best on top and his tactical nouse may just prove key. Actually has a good strike rate on turf, winning 5 of its 27 starts, 4 with this jockey on board. Definitely overpriced here on its form so far this term, 5 turf runs with 1 win in 2009. Ran well at Salisbury off 65, finishing 3rd of 13 before winning at Windsor off the same mark. Is just 2lb higher today. No show in its last 3 runs but has definite excuses, the first 2 in Class 4, off 70 & 71 over an inadequate 5f, whilst lto, different jockey on top, new track, and again in Class 4. Eased in mark, dropped in grade, best jock back on top, best trip and going just about perfect makes this a nice EW bet. Ran well last time here when finishing really well to finish 5th of 14, just 1L behind the winner. With doubts over many of its rivals, I'll take this one to land the spoils. EW

Re: Best bet of the day 16th Aug AMEEQ 3.10 Pontefract. 0.5 points each way. I think he can improve today and that can see him go close. The trip and ground isn't a concern and although the race may be run at a slower pace than ideal, I just get the feeling the pace will suit on this ground over this trip and so he looks a decent each way bet.

Re: Best bet of the day 16th Aug ROSE BIEN 3.10 Pontefract. 0.5 points each way. Drops back to a mark of 55 for today and that's enough for me to be interested. The trip and ground shouldn't be a concern and so no reason to feel we shouldn't be in the mix for the line. The price is there to take advantage of.

Re: Best bet of the day 16th Aug Curragh 4.15pm 1pt lay Doncaster Rover Great recent form with 2,1,3,1 from last 4 races ,todays race will be hard for this horse with at least 4 others that imv will win this race today. Odds are around 5.50 which i will take gladly,dont often lay horses from across the sea as lack of form info is the brickwall as dont watch enough of Irish racing to get a feel for it but i know enough about the field today in this race that the lay will not win,laying. Goodluck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: Best bet of the day 16th Aug Bath 4.30: Golden Stream WIN SUPERNAP Can't see beyond the Stoute horse in this race. Think fave and Channon horses will go well but this one has already won at this level; can be forgiven LTO run on a track that doesn't suit all horses and with today's ground ideal and step back up to 1m no problem, think it's overpriced at current 4/1.

Re: Best bet of the day 16th Aug 5.00 Bath 'Triple Dream' Popular race today and several differences of opinion. I like the looks of the consistent Bradley horse. Given a poor ride last time when fell out and stayed on very well, if jumps out can go close today in what doesn't look as strong a race as that last one. Finished close-up behind Guto 2 runs ago and that horse has since won a very competitive handicap impressively. I think this horse is showing the best form in the race and will win if out on terms.

Re: Best bet of the day 16th Aug 5.00 Bath Triple Dream has been a little unlucky not to have won a handicap recently. Poorly drawn with 5th at Folkstone four runs ago. Winner got first run when 2nd three runs back. Going change against him well 5th at Yarmouth on penultimate start. Unlucky in-running when a close 4th LTO. I was on him at a big price LTO and he was extremely unlucky not to get placed at least. Current mark well within his capabilities and on the book must be thereabouts. I'm worried about the draw though, a hold up horse from the one box here far from ideal. Triple Dream - E/W