APT Macau

Washman

Re: APT Macau Cheers all :ok Forgot to say that I'm playing day 1a of the main event, which is next Thursday, the 20th. Play starts at noon local time, so 5am here :loon The bwin host who was in Oz last year is not coming, but they are sending 3 hosts and 4 bloggers. I assume there will be a blog on the bwin website - they did some good updates in Oz, so may be worth a look if you want to know what I'm up to :lol:lol

Re: APT Macau Finally arrived on Macau at 4pm local time (9am UK) after a 12 hour flight, 25 min train, 5 min taxi, 1 hour ferry and a courtesy bus! Walked into the lobby to see what I thought was a hooker giving me the eye, only to find two more of them advising me which lift to take - I'm in bellhop heaven:loon Hotel is very plush with only one problem - I can only get wifi in the whiskey bar :nana :nana

Re: APT Macau

Walked into the lobby to see what I thought was a hooker giving me the eye' date= only to find two more of them advising me which lift to take - I'm in bellhop heaven:loon
Keep it friendly mate, you need your mind on the poker game, not the sexy Chinese girls in tight silk dresses :lol:lol:lol

Re: APT Macau Had a bit of a look round macau last night, before playing a couple of hours of $10/20 cash (in usd $1/2!!). Then thought I'd have a quick beer before hitting the sack. Walked into the bar and bumped into a guy who was at pokernews cup last year - ended up in a bar with dancing girls till the early hours - last thing I remember is being sick in a roadside flowerbed :loon

Then thought I'd have a quick beer before hitting the sack. Walked into the bar and bumped into a guy who was at pokernews cup last year - ended up in a bar with dancing girls till the early hours - last thing I remember is being sick in a roadside flowerbed :loon
Thats the problem right there, you can never go to a bar and just have a 'quick' beer! :rollin Couple of quick questions that interest me if you get the time to answer mate. With there being a fair few 'name' pro's playing in an event like this, do you hope to get drawn on their table for the experience/to test yourself against them or would you rather avoid them early on? (Obviously it would be nice to see any of them at the final table either way :ok) Also, do you get the time to research any known or unkonwn players you could come up against or is to much time and effort to look players up that you might not even see at any stage in the tourney? Best of luck in the ME Washy. :hope

Re: APT Macau Didn't make day 2 unfortunately Unlucky Rich - not clear how many chips were in front of you at the time ? PLWashy’s Spincycle came just too soon… 16:30 Europe/London August 20, 2009 by Daniel Willis The bwin team veteran PLWashy won’t be returning to Day 2 here in Macau unfortuantly. And it’s all thanks to David Steicke again… With AxQx and re-raising PLWashy goes All-In preflop, and so Steicke calls with him with a pair of Nines. The blow comes at the flop, when Stecike gets quads. PLWashy cheerful waved goodbye to his table and told us he was looking forward to attempting to qualify for the next major event from bwin. Good luck buddy we hope to see you soon! 3839177093_0063cde249.jpg

:lol Washy's deal for that "Tee-total Pokering" book has been taken off the table :rollin
:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin
Thats the problem right there, you can never go to a bar and just have a 'quick' beer! :rollin Couple of quick questions that interest me if you get the time to answer mate. With there being a fair few 'name' pro's playing in an event like this, do you hope to get drawn on their table for the experience/to test yourself against them or would you rather avoid them early on? (Obviously it would be nice to see any of them at the final table either way :ok) Also, do you get the time to research any known or unkonwn players you could come up against or is to much time and effort to look players up that you might not even see at any stage in the tourney? Best of luck in the ME Washy. :hope
Wasn't really concerned whether I got drawn with any big names or not tbh, and researching others is not something I've ever done. In the end most of the bigger names played day 1b, so I was stuck with Ian Frazer on my table :ok
Didn't make day 2 unfortunately Unlucky Rich - not clear how many chips were in front of you at the time ?
Those yellow chips are 1k ones - looks like thats all I've got left, so about 10k in that picture (about 8 hours in I think)

Re: APT Macau Ok, time for a bit of a report now I've recovered from the jetlag/hangover :\ Left blighty about 5.30pm on Sunday, on a crappy Virgin Airbus, but was lucky enough to get moved to the emergency exit row as one of the few English speakers on the flight :ok Unfortunately, no video on demand on the flight, and kept missing start of the films, so journey not great. After the 12 hour flight, landed in Hong Kong, and following a friends directions, made the simple journey to the main ferry terminal, and booked myself Superclass (about £20) on the next ferry. Finally arrived in Macau to 35 degree heat and massive humidity at about 4pm local time on Monday: goa098q.jpg

Re: APT Macau After a quick scrub up, fund my way to the hotel bar, known as the whiskey bar for having the best collection of proper whiskey in Macau :ok Had a few drinks before meeting up with the bwin staff to pick up my shirts and caps. Then went for a quick walk around the block to get my bearings (and find out where the bars were :ok), before heading back to the whiskey bar for a few more drinks and some grub. The APT was taking place in the 8th floor ballroom, but cash games were in a small room on the 2nd floor, so action was very quiet. Played for a couple of hours and got lucky to break even after rivering trips against a flopped 2 pair. Then it was time for that one last drink, which was the start of the end :cry:cry Had just sat at the bar when a bwin player from pokernews cup last year came over for a chat, and then asked me to join him and his mates. Two of them also qualified the same night as me, so we had a good chat and a few cocktails, before they called time at 2am. Where else can we go they said - then my earlier research came up trumps as I walked them down the road to the mp3 bar, which by this time had girls pole-dancing :clap:clap:clap Bar was not bad - but obviously full of good time girls, who were in there every night with different guys. Don't remember much after that, other than throwing up on the way home :puke