UEFA Europa League 4/6 August 2009/2010

Re: UEFA Europa League 4/6 August 2009/2010 Going with three high priced (risky) odds. Taking teams that are playing at home and have realistic odds of qualification given the results of the first matches. Lahti - Club Brugge: Lahti Win @ 3.75 (Bet365) 10/10 Given the 3-2 result of the first match, in Belgium, Lahti has a realistic chance to qualify for the next round and they do have home advantage. Furthermore, Lahti's season is in full swing while Club Brugge has only started their season. The odds for Lahti's win are generous, I think. Young Boys - Atletico Bilbao: Young Boys Win @ 2.75 (Centrebet) 10/10 Young Boys snatched a 0-1 win in Spain in the first match. They are leading the Swiss Ist division and haven't lost since 14 June (6-2-0). Bilbao has just started their season and could be a bit rusty. Furthermore, their away record of 3-6-10 in the primera league, last year, was quite poor. So why are Bilbao favourites? I really don't know. The only thing I can think of is that the bookies, and punters for that matter, are thinking Spain vs Switzerland leagues. Yes, the Spanish league is light years better, but in this match we find Bilbao who isn't Barca or Real. Good odds for the home win. Gent - Roma: Gent Win @ 4.00 (Skybet) 10/10 The odds for the home win are too high imo. Gent has a realistic chance of qualifying given the 3-1 lost match in Rome. Both teams have just started to play "real" matches so neither can be judged to be especially in gear. Furthermore, Roma had an unimpressive 5-5-9 away record last year in Serie A and I'm sceptical about Roma's serioussness in this competition. The odds for the home win are worth the risk.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League 4/6 August 2009/2010 Hi guys sorry to be a pain again. Can't find any team news on Bilbao vs Bern. Anyone with news would be really helpful to me. Bern won 1-0 away so i'm expecting a Bilbao to go flat out today for that away goal as well. ---------------- Just as i posted that dak put some info up! cheers mate. :)

Re: UEFA Europa League 4/6 August 2009/2010

Thanks for the info. I still think Cherno can cause an upset here. They almost held PSV away and conceded right into added time. I know the pitch is going to make a difference but i'm hoping the home support of 10,000 Bulgarians to 60 PSV fans that have travelled will make the ultimate difference. It could even be one of those 1-0 for Cherno in first 90 and then PSV will clinch it in extra-time. I'm going to stick with +1 Cherno purely for the fact that PSV have a new coach and still taking time to adapt. Any ideas on the Hapoel Tel Aviv - IFK Gotheborg anyone? I'm very tempted by the odds for IFK. Tel Aviv leading 3-1 so IFK have to go all out to stand any chance of winning. It could be a insurmountable task for the Swedes but again a +1 or a outright win is tempting.
May I give you some info ... I'm from Bulgaria and I know the team of Cherno More very well. It's really discent team , playing well against ours big capital teams. BUT!!! The missing Aleksandyr Aleksandrov - Alex is not just important midfielder , he is the PLAYMAKER for Cherno More ... with all the meaniнg of this word. Every Attack is getting through him . Every free kick is perform only by him. The man orchestra! And something more imporтant . Cherno More will not host PSV at their home stadium " Ticha" The match will be played at another coast town called Burgas on the stadium of the local team Chernomoretz because they have a license for Uefa. And for that reason I'm not very sure that they'll be supported by too many fans. :) I hope this info will be useful for you. For me this match is Away win . Maybe 0-2 ; 0-3 Good luck for everyone today. And i hope we'll make some money :);):cheers

May I give you some info ... I'm from Bulgaria and I know the team of Cherno More very well. It's really discent team , playing well against ours big capital teams. BUT!!! The missing Aleksandyr Aleksandrov - Alex is not just important midfielder , he is the PLAYMAKER for Cherno More ... with all the meaniнg of this word. Every Attack is getting through him . Every free kick is perform only by him. The man orchestra! And something more imporтant . Cherno More will not host PSV at their home stadium " Ticha" The match will be played at another coast town called Burgas on the stadium of the local team Chernomoretz because they have a license for Uefa. And for that reason I'm not very sure that they'll be supported by too many fans. :) I hope this info will be useful for you. For me this match is Away win . Maybe 0-2 ; 0-3 Good luck for everyone today. And i hope we'll make some money :);):cheers
Thanks for the info Gimbo. Really makes the difference when a local gives us info rather than relying on sites and tabloids. I read about the stadium and it's apparently artificial grass. I don't think there will many goals because PSV should get a goal and shut out. The info came a bit late for me as i bet a cheeky one on Cherno +1 :hope Nothing that will dent my account though :drums

Re: UEFA Europa League 4/6 August 2009/2010 Some really exciting odds all around the Europe League tonight but the results of the previous are such that the outright winners such as Hamburg, Fulham, PAOK and Lille are at below 1.15 odds in most bookies. The game i'm really looking forward to is Cherno vs PSV, then Young Boys vs Bilbao and the AA Gent vs Roma. My heart tells me there's going to be atleast 1 upset in one of the 3 games mentioned.

Slaven Belupo - Tromsø Tromsø won the first leg at Alfheim 2-1. A match Tromsø should have won more. Tromsø has in no way intended to secure the 2-1 win in Croatia. For coach Per Mathias Høgmo think Slaven Belupo going to invest aggressively. It is to exploit to their advantage. Tromsø has this year been a good away side in Tippeligaen, Slaven will have to come forward to score goals. They must be bolder, and are forced to leave rooms. Slaven Belupo have won four of their last five home matches in European Cup. Thursday victorious on their own grass . There were also results when the team took the preliminary round of last season's UEFA-cup. In the preliminary round, which corresponds to play-off in Europe League, was, however, CSKA Moscow to strong and consequential Slaven Belupo 1-2-loss on the Gradski stadium. Confirmed Trosmø Squad: Sead Ramovic - Marcus Sahlman, Tom Høgli - Martin Knudsen - Kevin Larsen - Hans Åge Charm City - Tore Reginiussen - Miika Koppinen - Douglas Sequeira, Joel Lindpere-Tommy Knarvik - Ruben Yttergård Jenssen - Helge Haugen - Lars Iver Strand - Mads Reginiussen, Sigurd Felde Rush - Morten Moldskred Norwegian teams have been very poor this year in uefa Competitions, and i think Tromsø can be the team to survive the Norwegian pride. This is an open battle, where I think there are chances for a draw if not tromsø allowed an early goal. The value on this match is definetivt on a draw. I would take that with small stake. Since the Norwegian coach has confirmed they would counter attack today, would it be a good chance for few goals. I would also go for an small stake on under 2,5 goals. My Bet: Draw 3.58, @ Pinnacle 2 \ 10 Under 2,5 goals 1.90 @pinnacle 2\10
Tromso on away are 2-3-4, 14-18 goals. The last five away have been losses at Fredrikstad, Stabaek and Stromgodset, and draws at Lillestrom and Molde. They're a midtable team with middling results on away...maybe 8th or 9th best away team out of 16.

Re: UEFA Europa League 4/6 August 2009/2010 Lahti are playing their 11th game in 5 weeks and their 3rd away in a row. The heavy schedule must be taking a toll on the legs. Brugge performed well against the likes of Valencia and St.Etienne last season and need a goal to be safe so this looks like an away win to me. I'd certainly expect Brugge to be a lot fresher in the last 15-20 minutes.

Anybody got opinions on Motherwell - Steau game? I'm thinking Motherwell 13/5 Bet365! Motherwell lost the first leg 3-0 and will be looking to restore some pride with a win (but progressing to the next stage may be too much for them). I'm a firm believer of backing home teams in European fixtures and even though Motherwell won't set the world alight, I think the home crowd can help them get a victory. Steau are nothing special (finished 6th i think last season) and won't relish a trip to Scotland. Also the fact that they can afford to lose by 2 goals and still go through may mean that Steau don't need to go all out. I think the 13/5 on offer is very good!
Hi mate, First post here, been an observer of the football and poker sections of this site for a while but with the new season away to kick off I thought I'd get involved and offer my thoughts, opinions and facts.... I'll start with this game your asking about.. Motherwell go into this second leg 3-0 down after being comfortably beaten in the first leg. They have had a new manager appointed this seaosn after Mark McGhee headed north to the Aberdeen position....my opinion is that the new Well manager may still be coming to terms with his team and this tie/game has come a little to early for his team (never mind being against a decent experienced outfit in Steaua).... Tonight the new Well manager (Jim Gannon) has injury doubt over Chris Humphreys and midfeilder Keith Lasley....two fairly important players in this Motherwell side.....having lost a few key players during the transfer window; most notably David Clarskon their striker. I do not know what line up Steaua will send how tonight however I predict there will be a few kew players rested with their manager probably knowing the job in this tie is already done, having said that I still find it to difficult a game to predict and I'd advise a no bet on this tie. GL with whatever you go for though :ok

Re: UEFA Europa League 4/6 August 2009/2010 Cheers for the info lads!:ok Still undecided wheter i'll back Motherwell or not! I know there missing a few players and up against it really, but 2 things are still drawing me to have a punt: Home team and Steau are already 3-0 up!!! I'll decide for defo shortly!

Re: UEFA Europa League 4/6 August 2009/2010 Young Boys - Bilbao Over 2.5 1.9 @ bet365 Bilbao will try to recover from the loss in Spain. They are favourites and have to attack...i think they have definitely enough quality to win by more than one goal but Young Boys also has a very offensive style. Last year they scored 2.94!!!! goals per game at home...and in 36 matches only in 4 they failed to score...great record. I can see some goals in this match PAOK - Valerenga PAOK -1.5 1.875 @ Bet365 PAOK will try to prove they should be taken in consideration when it comes to win the Greek League. Last year they were second and only in the Champions playoff they lost the first match at home...during the regular season, in 15 matches at home, they won 11 and drew 4. Great home record. After Olympiakos and Pana european wins, PAOK will try to show they are also a big club in Greece. Average Valerenga are 9th in Tippeligaen and in the last 7 matches lost 6 and only won against a side from the Adeccoligaen. Paços Ferreira - Bnei Yehuda Under 2.5 1.66 @ Betfair I predict a very defensive aproach by Bnei Yehuda today, and the lack of experience from Paços Ferreira will make the game very tight. In the first match the portuguese side lost 1-0 but today they play at home and last year they scored only one goal less than the champion Porto and had a very good home performance. Bnei Yehuda should perfectly be aware of this and i think they will try to keep the advantage and park the bus in front of their area. The portuguese coach said they will try to attack with patience because if they conceed they are definitely out of the next phase. Low score maybe 0-0 or 1-0 for Paços. :hope

Re: UEFA Europa League 4/6 August 2009/2010 Following on from the theme of the last round. I have been looking at the Asian Handicap prices for sides that are far superior to thier opponents and hold a big scoreline from the 1st leg. Fenerbache - 1 @ 1.75 v Budapest Honved Fenerbache won the 1st leg comfortably 5-1, and the line is set at a decent price for them to complete the rout. Fulham -2 @ 1.8 v FK Vetra. Fulham surpassed my expectations in the previous round by beating Vetra 3-0. I had expected a 1 or 2 goal winning margin. Fulham have only Simon Davies out injured. The last time Vetra played a British team in the UEFA cup, they were beaten 4-0 at home and 2-0 away versus Blackburn. I'd expect the same again from Fulham. This next bet is a bit of a gift. Sigma Olomouc -1 @ 1.97 v Aberdeen. Olomouc won the away leg 5-1. Scottish sides are notoriously poor travellers and the whole Scottish game is in a bit of a down trend following the collaps of TV broadcaster, Setanta. The side is a young one, so there won't be many changes made and all they are playing for is pride. I'm going the opposite way to most it would seem with this next one. FC Lahti v Club Brugge -1 @ 2.59 There is a class difference between both sides. I tipped Brugge to win the 1st leg comfortably, but were caught out a couple of times by an average Finnish side. I think here, the Asian handicap market represents a decent price for a side that if they play to their potential will win by at least 2 clear goals. Lahti are in the middle of their season, which isn't always a good thing because their individual player fitness levels may not be as high as Brugge.

Re: UEFA Europa League 4/6 August 2009/2010 hey guy what do you think about Slaven Koprivnica -Tromso match? Tromsø

• 12 Ramovic
  • 3 Reginiussen
  • 4 Moldskred
  • 5 Larsen
  • 7 Koppinen
  • 10 Rushfeldt
  • 11 Jensen
  • 18 Knarvik
  • 19 Knudsen
  • 22 Lindpere
  • 26 Høgli
  • Slaven Koprivnica
  • 12 Rodić
  • 4 Kokalović
  • 6 Rogulj
  • 7 Poldrugac
  • 8 Šafarić
  • 9 Vojnović
  • 10 Posavec
  • 14 Delić
  • 21 Jurić
  • 26 Maraš
  • 30 Csizmadia

I think 2.5 Over is good for this match,They dont closed very much

Re: UEFA Europa League 4/6 August 2009/2010 red card for stanislav manulev, unbeliveable, the only bulgarian player playing for psv and he gets a red card, i wonder why and how it happen ???? hope psv keep the lead though :hope

Re: UEFA Europa League 4/6 August 2009/2010 Odense BK -2 @ 1.97 v Rabotnicki. The odds around Rabotnicki have been interesting reading over their participation in the Europa league. The odds for Over 2.5 in this fixture is currently 1.40. Althogh, the first leg finished 3-4 to Odense, I think their is a difference in class and Odense are more than capable of putting a few past this Rabotnicki team. Hamburg - 2 @ 1.9 v Randers. Randers are having a bit of a torrid time in their league and were hammered 4-0 at home by Hamburg. I'd expect a similar scoreline here due to the difference in class and the freedom that playing at home will give the Germans. FC Basel -1.5, -2 @ 1.85 v KR Reykjavik. To say Reykjavik were lucky during their 1st round encouunter at home is a bit of an understatement. Their is a class difference, and Basel are usually very solid against weaker opposition at home. Reykjavik need to score to qualify, so that should open things up for Basel to exploit.

Lahti are playing their 11th game in 5 weeks and their 3rd away in a row. The heavy schedule must be taking a toll on the legs. Brugge performed well against the likes of Valencia and St.Etienne last season and need a goal to be safe so this looks like an away win to me. I'd certainly expect Brugge to be a lot fresher in the last 15-20 minutes.
I'd be very wary of betting on this game. Lahti rested a fair amount of players for their trip to Vaasa at weekend, including Jari Litmanen. They'll be more than up for this game because their Veikkausliiga campaign is virtually over. What's more, they're hosting one of the most unpredictable sides in Belgium. Club Brugge are more than capable of beating Anderlecht 3-0 and then losing to Mons 4-0. One thing is for sure here in my eyes and that's a lot of goals because neither side can defend but both can score. I quite fancy Lahti to shock Brugge here and win, although I'm not sure I'd dare speculate who will actually qualify! Good luck

im might take the handicap for Derry...in the first leg i took Derry +1.75 and won it...i think it was you, Mozzi, that answered me when i asked if Derry was that bad to have odds at 10.00. any news on this match?
I've heard no particular team news although I believe they rested players for the game with Shamrock at weekend. That's from another source though, I've not checked myself. Either way though, this will not be an easy game for CSKA. Derry again will make it hard for them. I honestly feel they're capable of winning this game. There's not much between these two sides nor leagues in my humble opinion. I think a home win or draw here but surely not an away win. The bet you had on the first leg is probably worthwhile again tonight mate. Good luck

Re: UEFA Europa League 4/6 August 2009/2010 Just wondering are any putting on accumulators? Ive got fenerbache, fulham and galatasary in an acc. Pretty safe i know but im just trying to recoup some money. Is there anyone going for derry ? My bet there would be a draw they gave cska a decent game away . I know they lost last weekend but they lost to a side in great form

Re: UEFA Europa League 4/6 August 2009/2010 Theres a Cherno More player called Kakalov. He actually thinks he's Kaka. This is probably the funniest thing i've seen for a while. He's trying to take players on, having shots from 40 yards, and actually failing miserably. How the boy is playing professional football i haven't a clue! ------------------- Having said that i really hope he proves me wrong by scoring! :)

I'd be very wary of betting on this game. Lahti rested a fair amount of players for their trip to Vaasa at weekend, including Jari Litmanen. They'll be more than up for this game because their Veikkausliiga campaign is virtually over. What's more, they're hosting one of the most unpredictable sides in Belgium. Club Brugge are more than capable of beating Anderlecht 3-0 and then losing to Mons 4-0. One thing is for sure here in my eyes and that's a lot of goals because neither side can defend but both can score. I quite fancy Lahti to shock Brugge here and win, although I'm not sure I'd dare speculate who will actually qualify! Good luck
Cheers, I might only do something inplay in the last 15 mins if still 0-0, I'll see how it goes.

Fenerbahce reduced to 10 men on the half hour. :@
If you did play ML on Fenerbahce you should not have any doubts. Fenerbahce handles this handicap very good. They keep playing offensive themselves. Red card was too hard by the way it was still 50 meters to the goal and he did not really touch him at all as last man..