UEFA Europa League 4/6 August 2009/2010

Tuesday 4 August 2009 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif AC Omonia v FC Vaslui (17:00 BST) 1.85 3.7 5.4 99.60 %
Thursday 6 August 2009 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Krylia Sovetov Samara v St Patrick's Athletic (15:00 BST) 1.25 5.5 12 106.52 %
maximize.gif FK Karabakh v FC Honka (16:00 BST) 1.9 3.5 4.25 104.73 %
maximize.gif MFK Košice v Slavija Istocno Sarajevo (16:00 BST) 1.57 3.75 6 106.97 %
maximize.gif FC Slovan Liberec v FC Vaduz (17:00 BST) 1.2 6.5 15 105.38 %
maximize.gif Lech Poznan v Fredrikstad (17:30 BST) 1.28 5.5 13 103.65 %
maximize.gif Cherno More Varna v PSV Eindhoven (18:00 BST) 4.5 3.4 1.83 106.18 %
maximize.gif FC Lahti v Club Brugge (18:00 BST) 3.7 3.3 2 107.33 %
maximize.gif Hapoel Tel Aviv v IFK Göteborg (18:00 BST) 1.83 3.5 4.33 106.19 %
maximize.gif Lille OSC v FK Sevojno (18:00 BST) 1.15 7 17 106.83 %
maximize.gif NK Slaven Koprivnica v Tromsø (18:00 BST) 1.9 3.4 3.85 107.77 %
maximize.gif APOP Kinyras Peyias v SK Rapid Wien (18:15 BST) 4.5 3.55 1.8 105.95 %
maximize.gif FK Austria Wien v Vojvodina (18:15 BST) 1.54 3.8 6.25 107.25 %
maximize.gif SK Puntigamer Sturm Graz v OFK Petrovac (18:15 BST) 1.26 5.1 11 108.06 %
maximize.gif BSC Young Boys v Athletic Bilbao (18:30 BST) 2.75 3.4 2.37 107.88 %
maximize.gif FC Basel v KR Reykjavik (18:30 BST) 1.19 6.5 13 107.11 %
maximize.gif Budapest Honvéd v Fenerbahçe SK (19:00 BST) 4.75 3.6 1.75 105.97 %
maximize.gif Derry City v CSKA Sofia (19:00 BST) 4 3.3 2.05 104.08 %
maximize.gif Galatasaray SK v Maccabi Netanya (19:00 BST) 1.26 5.5 15 104.21 %
maximize.gif IF Elfsborg v Sporting de Braga (19:00 BST) 2.1 3.35 3.25 108.24 %
maximize.gif Legia Warszawa v Brøndbyernes IF (19:00 BST) 2.2 3.4 3.6 102.64 %
maximize.gif Metalist Kharkiv v HNK Rijeka (19:00 BST) 1.3 4.6 10 108.66 %
maximize.gif NAC Breda v Polonia Warszawa (19:00 BST) 1.7 3.6 5 106.60 %
maximize.gif NK Interblock Ljubljana v Metalurh Donetsk (19:00 BST) 3.1 3.4 2.2 107.12 %
maximize.gif SK Sigma Olomouc v Aberdeen (19:00 BST) 1.57 4.2 6.5 102.83 %
maximize.gif Odense BK v Rabotnicki Kometal (19:05 BST) 1.36 4.5 10 105.56 %
maximize.gif FK Sarajevo v Helsingborgs IF (19:15 BST) 2.55 3.3 2.6 107.98 %
maximize.gif Hajduk Split v MŠK Žilina (19:15 BST) 1.66 3.5 5.25 107.62 %
maximize.gif Crvena Zvezda v FC Dinamo Tbilisi (19:30 BST) 1.57 3.75 7 104.59 %
maximize.gif Hamburger SV v Randers FC (19:30 BST) 1.11 8.25 19 107.38 %
maximize.gif KAA Gent v AS Roma (19:30 BST) 4 3.5 1.83 108.12 %
maximize.gif Motherwell v Steaua Bucuresti (19:45 BST) 3.4 3.25 2.2 105.64 %
maximize.gif PAOK v VÃ¥lerenga (19:45 BST) 1.44 4.2 7.25 106.83 %
maximize.gif Fulham v FK Vetra (20:00 BST) 1.14 7.5 21 105.60 %
maximize.gif Paços de Ferreira v Bnei Yehuda (21:00 BST) 1.8 3.5 5 104.13 %

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League 4/6 August 2009/2010 Omonia Nicosia v FC Vaslui Home support was the main reason behind the 2-0 home win Vaslui registered last Thursday, and now the Cypriots are counting on their fans to do the same for them. Mainly, Cyprus is underrated still both on the International scene and on the clubs as well. They have gone way past their traditional image of amateur footballers and are now capable of giving the biggest of names a good run for their money. Last Thursday though there was not much between the two sides when they met in Romania, an the rain made it even harder for both to show much skill. Both were clearly not yet completely ready for the new season, and it was the Romanians that enjoyed the victory as they made use of their opponents silly mistakes. Although Vaslui are in a bit of financial turmoil they still managed to keep their main squad intact, while adding 2 more “experienced” players as well. Omonia -on the other hand- not only kept their squad from last season, but added TEN more players with some experience added from Greece. The heat wave is the main key here. I reckon the Cypriots (whether natives or foreigners living/playing in Cyprus) would adapt far more easily to playing under 35-40 degrees than the Romanians ever will, and thus I would expect Vaslui to dink from the same kettle Nicosia did 5 days ago when they played under heavy rain. My pick: Omonia win @ 1.80 w/ Totesport

Re: UEFA Europa League 4/6 August 2009/2010 I think this would be my bet of the round. FC Karabakh v FC Honka Under 2.5 @ 1.73 Karabakh are the real surprise of the Europa league and despite everyone suggesting that Honka would hammer them in the last round, and that Rosenborg would learn from their mistake and easily see them off in their away leg, they defied all logic and proved their doubters wrong. I think Honka are a decent Finnish side but lack any cutting edge in front of goal. They would struggle to score in a brothel. I can see this game finnishing 0-0, or possibly 1-0 to either side.

Re: UEFA Europa League 4/6 August 2009/2010 I wonder how many will dare take Derry to beat CSKA? I quite fancy it! Trips to Ireland are nobody's favourite, especially not after a difficult first leg and little competitive games thus far. An early home goal will open the tie up. I think a home win here could be a bargain, risky though it is.

Re: UEFA Europa League 4/6 August 2009/2010

I wonder how many will dare take Derry to beat CSKA? I quite fancy it! Trips to Ireland are nobody's favourite' date=' especially not after a difficult first leg and little competitive games thus far. An early home goal will open the tie up. I think a home win here could be a bargain, risky though it is.[/quote'] im might take the handicap for Derry...in the first leg i took Derry +1.75 and won it...i think it was you, Mozzi, that answered me when i asked if Derry was that bad to have odds at 10.00. any news on this match?

Re: UEFA Europa League 4/6 August 2009/2010 Know there are a fair few German's who use the site, any indication what kind of side Hamburg will be putting out tonight? Handicap is only 1.5 but could be easy money if they put a sensible side out, but then they kick off in the league on sun..

Honved - Fenerbahce
Today, 20:00 Soccer - uefa.gifEuropa League
Pick: Fenerbahce Result: Pending Stake: 4/10 Odds: 1.70 Bookmaker: >Bet365 Posted: Today, 10:59 Fenerbahce is some class above Honved. Honved is quite demoralized after big 5:1 defeat in Istanbul. Coach of Honved says that everyone knows that they wont win this match too, but that he expects his guys to play strong and see a close defeat at least. Fenerbahce coach Christoph underlined that it is not enough for him to pass the round. He wants his players to win this match. Only missing players are Emre, who stayed in Istanbul and Roberto Carlos who needs three weeks to be fit again. Only 4/10 stacked because this weekend season starts, but this match could end with a high Fenerbahce win again or better it should end in one. Good luck everyone :ok

Re: UEFA Europa League 4/6 August 2009/2010 Lech - Fredrikstad Over 2.5 @1.66 bet365 I have happily taken this over at that price. No Polish TV station has aired the game in Norway but I have listen to the broadcast on the radio and Lech have been in control of almost whole match. Fredrikstad have had huge problems with Lech's passing game and have conceded 4 goals from corners! There will be some changes in Lech's starting 11 but it will still be a very strong group of players and it shouldn't be that difficult to score a couple of goals past the poor Fredrikstad defence.

Omonia Nicosia v FC Vaslui Home support was the main reason behind the 2-0 home win Vaslui registered last Thursday, and now the Cypriots are counting on their fans to do the same for them. Mainly, Cyprus is underrated still both on the International scene and on the clubs as well. They have gone way past their traditional image of amateur footballers and are now capable of giving the biggest of names a good run for their money. Last Thursday though there was not much between the two sides when they met in Romania, an the rain made it even harder for both to show much skill. Both were clearly not yet completely ready for the new season, and it was the Romanians that enjoyed the victory as they made use of their opponents silly mistakes. Although Vaslui are in a bit of financial turmoil they still managed to keep their main squad intact, while adding 2 more “experienced” players as well. Omonia -on the other hand- not only kept their squad from last season, but added TEN more players with some experience added from Greece. The heat wave is the main key here. I reckon the Cypriots (whether natives or foreigners living/playing in Cyprus) would adapt far more easily to playing under 35-40 degrees than the Romanians ever will, and thus I would expect Vaslui to dink from the same kettle Nicosia did 5 days ago when they played under heavy rain. My pick: Omonia win @ 1.80 w/ Totesport
Good post, well written. I might have some of that as for me, I don't know enough about at least 1 team from most fixtures:)

Lech - Fredrikstad Over 2.5 @1.66 bet365 I have happily taken this over at that price. No Polish TV station has aired the game in Norway but I have listen to the broadcast on the radio and Lech have been in control of almost whole match. Fredrikstad have had huge problems with Lech's passing game and have conceded 4 goals from corners! There will be some changes in Lech's starting 11 but it will still be a very strong group of players and it shouldn't be that difficult to score a couple of goals past the poor Fredrikstad defence.
Why listen when you can watch?;) http://atdhe.net/index.html

Good post, well written. I might have some of that as for me, I don't know enough about at least 1 team from most fixtures:)
You could have done mate but it has already been played on tues!! Finished 1-1 by the way so at least you saved some money!

Re: UEFA Europa League 4/6 August 2009/2010 Anybody got opinions on Motherwell - Steau game? I'm thinking Motherwell 13/5 Bet365! Motherwell lost the first leg 3-0 and will be looking to restore some pride with a win (but progressing to the next stage may be too much for them). I'm a firm believer of backing home teams in European fixtures and even though Motherwell won't set the world alight, I think the home crowd can help them get a victory. Steau are nothing special (finished 6th i think last season) and won't relish a trip to Scotland. Also the fact that they can afford to lose by 2 goals and still go through may mean that Steau don't need to go all out. I think the 13/5 on offer is very good!

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventMetallist vs Rijeka
SelectionMetallist (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date06/08/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.34 (Lay)
ReasoningTaking a chance here by laying Metallist for the 2nd week in a row. I feel they were lucky to beat Rijeka last week and despite being a much stronger side at home, 1.34 is on the short side in my opinion. This is a risky bet as Metallist are the team to beat but I feel 8/15 or such would be a more reasonable price judged on last weeks game.

Re: UEFA Europa League 4/6 August 2009/2010 Cherno More vs PSV Eindhoven The odds for Cherno at my local is very very tempting at 4.5. PSV had a shocker of a start to the season when they were held 3-3 at home to newly promoted side VVV Venlo. PSV were 2-0 up then conceded 2 very sloppy goals. They scored a 3rd and instead of shutting shop they got cocky and conceded again. Going away to Bulgaria is not going to be easy for them. Altough they are 1-0 up they will not sit back. I can personally see PSV trying to get a away goal and then seeing the game off. I'm going for a Cherno +1 Handicap. If anyone can post some team news that would be really great. Thanks guys.

Anybody got opinions on Motherwell - Steau game? I'm thinking Motherwell 13/5 Bet365! Motherwell lost the first leg 3-0 and will be looking to restore some pride with a win (but progressing to the next stage may be too much for them). I'm a firm believer of backing home teams in European fixtures and even though Motherwell won't set the world alight, I think the home crowd can help them get a victory. Steau are nothing special (finished 6th i think last season) and won't relish a trip to Scotland. Also the fact that they can afford to lose by 2 goals and still go through may mean that Steau don't need to go all out. I think the 13/5 on offer is very good!
I wouldn't bet on this match. Motherwell had only a single shoot on goal in the first leg and they can't even pass the ball right. However Steaua will fill in a team with lots of reserves tonight as they'll have an important match in Romanian League this coming weekend. I reckon this match can go either way so it's not a good bet from my point of view Hope this helps Dan

EventMetallist vs Rijeka
SelectionMetallist (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date06/08/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.34 (Lay)
ReasoningTaking a chance here by laying Metallist for the 2nd week in a row. I feel they were lucky to beat Rijeka last week and despite being a much stronger side at home' date= 1.34 is on the short side in my opinion. This is a risky bet as Metallist are the team to beat but I feel 8/15 or such would be a more reasonable price judged on last weeks game.
Looks like you and I are going different ways on this one. Rijeka have several important first team players out for this one (only one striker in the squad I think) and the coach recently stated in an interview that his team would play patiently and wisely. Metallist on the other hand have a full squad, feel this could be a risky one for you mate but I'll be hoping for a draw for us :ok

EventFC Lahti vs Club Brugge
SelectionFC Lahti
Strength7/10
Date06/08/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 4.00 (Back)
ReasoningBrugge won this tie 3-2 last week at home and their blushes were saved by a last minute goal. I think Lahti have proved they can compete with Brugge and they offer plenty of value at home tonight. Brugge won't be up for this long haul to Finland. Lahti will know they have 2 away goals and I'm sure they will be out to try and nick a goal on the counter attack before sitting back. In front of an enthusiastic home crowd, they look a good bet at 3/1.
EventGent vs Roma
SelectionGent
Strength10/10
Date06/08/2009
Bookmaker/PriceBlue Square @ 4.00 (Back)
ReasoningRoma won this tie 3-1 last week at home but I fancy Gent at 3/1 now back on home turf. The Belgians took the lead last week and were a little unlucky to lose by 2 goals in the end. Domestically Gent have a really strong home record whereas Roma have always been vulnerable on the road. We all know Italian clubs are not the force of old and I believe Gent still have to fancy their chances here despite trailing by two. 3/1 is fantastic value and I fancy a home win strongly here.

Anybody got opinions on Motherwell - Steau game? I'm thinking Motherwell 13/5 Bet365! Motherwell lost the first leg 3-0 and will be looking to restore some pride with a win (but progressing to the next stage may be too much for them). I'm a firm believer of backing home teams in European fixtures and even though Motherwell won't set the world alight, I think the home crowd can help them get a victory. Steau are nothing special (finished 6th i think last season) and won't relish a trip to Scotland. Also the fact that they can afford to lose by 2 goals and still go through may mean that Steau don't need to go all out. I think the 13/5 on offer is very good!
Motherwell are a poor side mate and have a few injury problems of their own for this match. A 2nd rate Bucharest side would still get my call here.

Cherno More vs PSV Eindhoven The odds for Cherno at my local is very very tempting at 4.5. PSV had a shocker of a start to the season when they were held 3-3 at home to newly promoted side VVV Venlo. PSV were 2-0 up then conceded 2 very sloppy goals. They scored a 3rd and instead of shutting shop they got cocky and conceded again. Going away to Bulgaria is not going to be easy for them. Altough they are 1-0 up they will not sit back. I can personally see PSV trying to get a away goal and then seeing the game off. I'm going for a Cherno +1 Handicap. If anyone can post some team news that would be really great. Thanks guys.
PSV have a full squad and Cherno More are missing important midfielder Alex and centre back Tanko Dyakov.

Looks like you and I are going different ways on this one. Rijeka have several important first team players out for this one (only one striker in the squad I think) and the coach recently stated in an interview that his team would play patiently and wisely. Metallist on the other hand have a full squad, feel this could be a risky one for you mate but I'll be hoping for a draw for us :ok
Fair enough mate, at the price though I am not risking alot and I feel its worth a small lay. :ok

Re: UEFA Europa League 4/6 August 2009/2010 just few words about croatian teams: metalist- rijeka metalurg -1,5 metalistis much better team and rijeka will definattly lose this one. two best players , brothers, sharbini stayed home as well as fernandinho, so 3 best players didnt even travel i ukrain.also 2 good players are injured and wont definnatly play. only 16 players arrived in ukr. with this team rijeka cant beat nobody. easy home win. hajduk - zilina 2 hajduk can win , but u have to be simlpy mad to bet on them in this situation. club is in seroius internal problems, coach left on sunday, new one came on monday and had only 2 trainings before this match. best striker went to blackburn, gabric will go in turky. all are out of form an will. also seems that there is a fight between players. zilina is a good team and they can make serious problems. only home support cant help hajduk to win.in local odd is 5,75 on zilina and i will gamble for sure with medium stake. worth of try slaven- tromso 1 slaven is definattly the best croatian home team. only one problem for them, the best striker vrucina is injured but i belive that he will play. slaven always plays good matches in koprivnica and cant see any reason not to repeat that. dont know much about tromso but it seems that they are not in good form. slaven is worth of try, really good footballers. gl all

Cherno More vs PSV Eindhoven The odds for Cherno at my local is very very tempting at 4.5. PSV had a shocker of a start to the season when they were held 3-3 at home to newly promoted side VVV Venlo. PSV were 2-0 up then conceded 2 very sloppy goals. They scored a 3rd and instead of shutting shop they got cocky and conceded again. Going away to Bulgaria is not going to be easy for them. Altough they are 1-0 up they will not sit back. I can personally see PSV trying to get a away goal and then seeing the game off. I'm going for a Cherno +1 Handicap. If anyone can post some team news that would be really great. Thanks guys.
Playmaker Alex and defender Diakov will miss the match for Cherno More due to injuries. Alex is a huge loss as he has great skills and experience. The match will be played on artificial grass - as far as I know both teams are not used to playing on it.

Playmaker Alex and defender Diakov will miss the match for Cherno More due to injuries. Alex is a huge loss as he has great skills and experience. The match will be played on artificial grass - as far as I know both teams are not used to playing on it.
Thanks for the info. I still think Cherno can cause an upset here. They almost held PSV away and conceded right into added time. I know the pitch is going to make a difference but i'm hoping the home support of 10,000 Bulgarians to 60 PSV fans that have travelled will make the ultimate difference. It could even be one of those 1-0 for Cherno in first 90 and then PSV will clinch it in extra-time. I'm going to stick with +1 Cherno purely for the fact that PSV have a new coach and still taking time to adapt. Any ideas on the Hapoel Tel Aviv - IFK Gotheborg anyone? I'm very tempted by the odds for IFK. Tel Aviv leading 3-1 so IFK have to go all out to stand any chance of winning. It could be a insurmountable task for the Swedes but again a +1 or a outright win is tempting.

Re: UEFA Europa League 4/6 August 2009/2010 Slaven Belupo - Tromsø Tromsø won the first leg at Alfheim 2-1. A match Tromsø should have won more. Tromsø has in no way intended to secure the 2-1 win in Croatia. For coach Per Mathias Høgmo think Slaven Belupo going to invest aggressively. It is to exploit to their advantage. Tromsø has this year been a good away side in Tippeligaen, Slaven will have to come forward to score goals. They must be bolder, and are forced to leave rooms. Slaven Belupo have won four of their last five home matches in European Cup. Thursday victorious on their own grass . There were also results when the team took the preliminary round of last season's UEFA-cup. In the preliminary round, which corresponds to play-off in Europe League, was, however, CSKA Moscow to strong and consequential Slaven Belupo 1-2-loss on the Gradski stadium. Confirmed Trosmø Squad: Sead Ramovic - Marcus Sahlman, Tom Høgli - Martin Knudsen - Kevin Larsen - Hans Åge Charm City - Tore Reginiussen - Miika Koppinen - Douglas Sequeira, Joel Lindpere-Tommy Knarvik - Ruben Yttergård Jenssen - Helge Haugen - Lars Iver Strand - Mads Reginiussen, Sigurd Felde Rush - Morten Moldskred Norwegian teams have been very poor this year in uefa Competitions, and i think Tromsø can be the team to survive the Norwegian pride. This is an open battle, where I think there are chances for a draw if not tromsø allowed an early goal. The value on this match is definetivt on a draw. I would take that with small stake. Since the Norwegian coach has confirmed they would counter attack today, would it be a good chance for few goals. I would also go for an small stake on under 2,5 goals. My Bet: Draw 3.58, @ Pinnacle 2 \ 10 Under 2,5 goals 1.90 @pinnacle 2\10

Re: UEFA Europa League 4/6 August 2009/2010 Derry City v CSKA Sofia @1.90 sofia hold a 1-0 advantage and I doubt derry can perform that well again. Derry were ordinary on the weekend against shamrock and I can't see them scoring against such a technicaly sound side.