** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

A Lazy System

I've lost a bit of faith for the game at the minute and am hoping to come across a system to get my enthusiasm back. I very much doubt that this 'system' is original, as basically, I am taking pointers from various places to guide me to a bet, rather than making my own judgement. However, I have decided to focus on maiden races because I do know from my own research, and common sense, that maiden races are typically won by horses from the head of the market, with previous racecourse experience. There isn't a great deal of form study you can do in such races, you have to do a bit of guesswork, and the opinion of those in the know may thus be potentially useful. What I will be doing is using several widely available pointers to make my selections. I will identify selections if they meet at least five of the 6 pointers I will be using. I will indicate the number of pointers met using asterisks. e.g. ***** for a pick that meets five. So although it may look as though I have a foul mouth, thats not the case ;) The pointers I will be using are the opinions of the spotlight writers on the Racing Post, Sporting Life and At The Races websites, as they are the three sites I use for form study. I will also use Adrian Massey's excellent ratings, taking his top rated selection as a pointer, as well as using the betting forecasts in the Racing Post and on Sporting Life. Any horse down as a favourite on the tissue gets an asterisk. As I say, this is a lazy system that is relying on others to do the work, but I hope that if plenty of tipsters are in general agreement a certain horse will go well, in a maiden race it will do so more often than not. I'm not sure whether I will ignore runners above or below a certain price yet, but this is a trial to try find out. To start with i'm only gonna back these to level 50p stakes for now, more so to find out any rule 4 deductions than to try make a profit. I aim to trial it on the turf and all-weather circuits and see if there is any mileage in it. Todays selections: Hamilton 2:10 - Rock of Love ***** Lingfield 2:50 - Swilly Ferry ***** Lingfield 3:50 - Flame of Gibraltar ****** Todays bets: Rock of Love - 5/6 Bet 365 Swilly Ferry - 6/4 Bet 365 Flame of Gibraltar - 4/9 Bet 365

Re: A Lazy System Good luck, I think the best way to identify maiden favorites is to check the tipsters in the selections panel in RP. If the horse get the votes of the majority of the newspapers then you back it. I don't think there's any value in maidens, the strike rate is more than 40% but the odds are poor.

Re: A Lazy System

Todays bets: Rock of Love - 5/6 Bet 365 Swilly Ferry - 6/4 Bet 365 Flame of Gibraltar - 4/9 Bet 365
Thanks for the support lads, much appreciated. I'm happy with how this started. As punterbg said, the issue of value may be a sticking point with this long term, but for now, I'm gonna keep it going as the first results I'm happy with. Isn't it meatloaf that says two out of three aint bad :lol Results Update Rock of Love unp - £0.50 Swilly Ferry 1st +£0.75 Flame of Gibraltar 1st +£0.23 Figures so far No. of bets: 3 Staked: £1.5 Profit: +£0.48 ROI: +32 % S/R: 66 %

Re: A Lazy System Not sure whether one counts for tonight as I can't seem to find the Massey. ratings for Sandown 8.25 Sandown - Twisted is the horse in question. Has 4/5 *'s so far from the other pointers, so just needed the nod from the Massey figures, will assume he's picked it. 5/6 Bet 365

Re: A Lazy System Oh bugger. Will have to just use five pointers in those races then. Its a shame because five of the six runners today come from the evening cards. 4.15 Catterick - Act of Kalanisi ***** 6.25 Bath - Below Zero **** (no Massey) 6.35 Doncaster - Count Bertoni **** (no Massey) 6.45 Goodwood - Arabian Pride**** (no Massey) 7.10 Doncaster - Almuktahem **** (no Massey) 8.00 Bath - Tilos Gem ***** (no Massey) Act of Kalanisi 4/5 Bet 365 Below Zero 9/4 Bet 365 Count Bertoni 6/4 Bet 365 Arabian Pride 11/10 Bet 365 Almuktahem 9/4 Bet 365 Tilos Gem 11/10 Bet 365

Re: A Lazy System

Act of Kalanisi 4/5 Bet 365 Below Zero 9/4 Bet 365 Count Bertoni 6/4 Bet 365 Arabian Pride 11/10 Bet 365 Almuktahem 9/4 Bet 365 Tilos Gem 11/10 Bet 365
Few winners today... Act of Kalanisi +£0.40 Below Zero +£1.13 Count Bertoni -£0.50 Arabian Pride -£0.50 Almuktahen -£0.50 Tilos Gen +0.63 = £0.66 profit for the day Figures so far No. of bets: 9 Staked: £4.5 Profit: +£1.14 ROI: +25 % S/R: 56 %

Re: A Lazy System Kinda feeling the same right now Wayne , this should be a positive move as there's nothing better than a winner and it doesn't matter what the odds are. Good luck mate :ok ps- only a suggestion but keep an eye on those selections where the Favs have a better than , say 40%, strike-rate ??

Re: A Lazy System Cheers guys. The prices with this are likely to be very uninspiring but as you say its always nice to have a winner at times, just to convince you you aren't under some gypsy curse or something! I forgot to add Twisted in the last points update though. He slipped through in between updates so I'll add that after the next lot and overall profit should be +64p right now. Four for today... 4.45 Doncaster - Avertor ****** 6.40 Newcastle - Danzoe **** (No Massey) 6.50 Lingfield - Ebiayn ***** (No Massey) 7.40 Newcastle - Matraash **** (No Massey)