Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2009

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2009 Couple for me: Sussex to beat Surrey Siding with Kevshat here as I feel Sussex are now the value at odds against. Surrey were impressive yesterday, but as said earlier it was against a very depleted Middlesex team. Played out as we expected in that the bowling was also very light and they were unable to take any wickets throughout. Sussex were smashed by a Hampshire squad, but make no mistake about it - they are the form team of the competition. Only 3 batsmen of theirs managed to score over double figures, and I reckon they will amend that today. Durham to beat Derbyshire Bet of the day right here in my opinion. Durham are not at full yet, but showed yesterday just how devastating their batting lineup is/can be. From a position of 27/4 they were still able to chase 163. That too was with only 3 batsmen getting into double figures. Once again I fancy them to rectify this today and get the job done against a Derbyshire side not cut out for this format in my opinion. The other match I'd be leaning towards Yorkshire, but won't be betting on it.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2009

Nice to see Russ getting involved on here but I can't say I'm surprised. If my experience has told me anything on here in the last two years it is that if there is any kind of argument between anyone and Kevshat, it wont be long before one of his mates has to have his say too and inevitably in his favour. Another thing that my experience on here in the last two years has told me is that if any kind of argument develops between Kevshat and anyone, it is an odds odd certainty he will get the last word in. So Im drawing a line under this from my perspective straight away and from now on I will ensure I have no direct contact with him on this forum ever again whatsoever. Now if Im allowed to continue to be here I have one for tomorrow:
The only one making an arguement out of it is you. I made a simple request, which I didn't realise you were incapable of. This may stagger you but this forum isn't all about you, it's a friendly place where people help and congratulate others and putting prices up is just a small way of doing so. You'll find all over this forum that prices are put up in threads so I simply asked you to do the same if you are 1st to post. The majority of us put where we are betting in our posts in full too, again to benefit PL financially but you seem to find it difficult or reluctant to write in full even though in some cases it's only 2 more characters. I just assumed that given you potentially benefit financially from PL you might like to give something back to it but if not that's fine. Stick to your pathetic comments and seemingly selfish persona and "doing what you like" :eyes. As for tonight's bets, Lancashire have just about beaten Yorkshire and Sussex are well in control against Surrey having begun their bowling innings with 2 maidens defending 184 which was made without Murray Goodwin. Not overly sure why Goodwin isn't playing but if it's an injury I hope it lasts beyond Friday :lol. As it stands it looks like being a good night personally.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2009 Lancashire did win and Sussex have got their game in the bag with Surrey needing 38 off 12 balls as I type. +6.63 for the day for me so up to +16.83 which represents a very healthy start to the competition for me. Well done with the Sussex pick, Notorious7, unlucky with Durham. Speaking to Mdivenuto on here, he says they are their bogey team which I never realised and would have looked to back Durham myself if my recent experiences in the IPL hadn't put me off short prices in this format. Good work with Sussex though :ok.

Wednesday 27 May 2009HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifSomerset v Warwickshire (17:40 BST) 1.8 2.22 100.60 %
maximize.gifSurrey v Hampshire (18:30 BST) 1.83 2 104.55 %
maximize.gifMiddlesex v Kent (18:45 BST) 2.2 1.83 100.00 %
maximize.gifGlamorgan v Gloucestershire (19:00 BST) 2.25 1.67 104.32 %
Taking one quickly before Surrey's loss tonight changes bet365's price. I was going to bet in this anyway as I'm off to The Oval for this game and looking forward to a cracker. 3pts Hampshire to beat Surrey Evs Bet365 Hampshire won their opening game with ease and in fine style beating a good Sussex side by 9 wickets with almost 4 overs to spare. That same Sussex side have just beaten Surrey by 21 runs. Surrey thrashed Middlesex in their opener but as I said yesterday that was a weak Middlesex side and the conditions seemed to change in the Brown Caps favour. Sussex showed last night their attack can go round the park and Hampshire showed last year they can chase down a massive total here when Surrey's 175 was chased down with an over to spare. Usually at The Oval they tend to play 2 matches per wicket so I would expect this wicket to be the same one which Surrey played Sussex on. That means it will be slightly worn and that should benefit the Hawks who have Imran Tahir loaded up and ready for wickets. Liam Dawson can also bowl spin too. Michael Lumb and Jimmy Adams are in the form of their lives and Sean Ervine is very handy at 3. Surrey have a great top 3 but the batting soon falls away after that although Benning and Walters can provide good cameos. Their bowling, possibly Schofield apart though could go for plenty, especially with the form Hampshire's top order are in. I think Hampshire are the better side, I understand we'll have Dimitri Mascarenhas available too which can only help the Hawks so even though I'm biased it's an away win for me here.

If you're the 1st to post match bets up can you copy the prices into your post :ok.
I will do what I want to thank you very much.
Didn't seem like an unreasonable request but definitely an unreasonable response..

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2009 No more in the way of match bets for me tomorrow, I looked at Middlesex to beat Kent but Kent have McLaren and Stevens back so that puts me off even with Shah and Morgan back for Middlesex. Equally I want to see a performance from Kent before I back them at odds on. The odds on Warwickshire and Glamorgan are nice but again, I'd like to see a performance and a win behind them before I get stuck into them too. However I will have a top bat in the TV game tomorrow which is Somerset vs Warwickshire. 1pt ew Z.de Bruyn Top Somerset Batsman 5/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) When catching up with the Somerset vs Sussex match on sky plus at the weekend I was staggered to see Zander de Bruyn has a one day average of over 50 in this country. Let's not forget that he hasn't just played for Somerset. His overall twenty20 average is 26.73 with a strike rate of 104 which isn't too shabby. He's a man in form too. In 6 Friends Provident Trophy innings this summer he made 4 70's and a 96 and in Somerset's opening twenty20 match he top scored by a landslide with a solid 70 to win the game for the Sabres. He's also got a couple of half centuries in the Championship too. Although there's plenty of each way alternatives, namely Peter Trego who is massively overpriced in the win only markets at 16/1, Langer, Suppiah and Phillips, with the consistency de Bruyn has shown he's my call knowing we get our stake back if he's 2nd or 3rd.

I will do what I want to thank you very much.
This just caught my eye, fairly unnaceptable response IMO and I think most people would agree. Woody, you clearly have plenty to offer but the coldness of your attitude does baffle me at times........

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2009 1/2 for me yesterday with the Durham collapse. Great day again for you kevshat with a clean sweep! Keep it up mate! For me today: Kent to beat Middlesex. Pretty much the same reason why I went against them last time out to be honest. I feel they are being priced up too short just due to the tag of being champions. Shah and Morgan are back today, but Kartik still isn't. I said last game that in my opinion he was the biggest loss of all as he can take wickets and create pressure. His inclusion also helps Udal. Without him last game, Udal went around the park and the Middlesex bowlers just couldn't build any pressure at all. It's all well and good having Shah and Morgan back, but the bowling has not changed from that day. They managed only to take 1 wicket in 20 overs, and Surrey score 180+. I watched the game and it was't just a brilliant knock from Ramps or Afzaal - the bowling was just there to be put away. If anything, Surrey should really have scored above 200. Today sees the visit of a Kent team who got saved by bad light against Essex. They gave up 187 runs against Essex, but today will have Mclaren and Stevens back. With the bowling attack strengthened, and one of the best batting lineups in the tournament I have to back Kent here. Also a revenge spot from last year's final. Somerset to beat Warwickshire. Simply put - Somerset at Taunton, off the back of scoring only 113 in their last match. They managed to win that game which is a good sign for the bowling as they defended such a small total. Their batting lineup on the other hand is just too good to fail like that again, particularly at home. If Trescothick gets going the game will beyond Warwickshire early, and I don't fancy him to be getting 2 ducks in a row. Odds are slightly short but value is still there. Also thinking of backing Hampshire but have not as of yet decided. Will probably wait and see if Dimi plays or not.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2009 Gagged. Not been a good start for me as I’m currently -30.9. One for later if it survives any weather: Somerset to beat Warwickshire 8/11 sj 10 pts I spoke in my outright post a lot about Somerset. They are potentially a devastating batting line up who at this pitch will be determined to score lots of runs and will need too. Somerset’s batting had a rare failure at Glamorgan but a lot of that was down to the pitch and I wouldn’t back on the likes of trescothick, kieswetter, langer, hildreth etc failing too many times and one batsman did find form on mon and that was the impressive de bruyn who played well on a dodgy surface. However the positive has to be that despite a ‘weak’ attack, somerset still defended a low total and thats an attack that could be boosted today with Willoughby potentially back. Thomas remains a class act at the death. Warwickshire were not at their best at northants. Northants are a similar team batting wise in comparison to Somerset in that they have a lot of potentially big hitters and on mon, the bears couldn’t restrict them even though on paper at least their attack seems decent enough. Thats a bit of a concern for me going into a match against Somerset and Im going that the sabres batting power gets them through this game.

1/2 for me yesterday with the Durham collapse. Great day again for you kevshat with a clean sweep! Keep it up mate! For me today: Kent to beat Middlesex. Pretty much the same reason why I went against them last time out to be honest. I feel they are being priced up too short just due to the tag of being champions. Shah and Morgan are back today, but Kartik still isn't. I said last game that in my opinion he was the biggest loss of all as he can take wickets and create pressure. His inclusion also helps Udal. Without him last game, Udal went around the park and the Middlesex bowlers just couldn't build any pressure at all. It's all well and good having Shah and Morgan back, but the bowling has not changed from that day. They managed only to take 1 wicket in 20 overs, and Surrey score 180+. I watched the game and it was't just a brilliant knock from Ramps or Afzaal - the bowling was just there to be put away. If anything, Surrey should really have scored above 200. Today sees the visit of a Kent team who got saved by bad light against Essex. They gave up 187 runs against Essex, but today will have Mclaren and Stevens back. With the bowling attack strengthened, and one of the best batting lineups in the tournament I have to back Kent here. Also a revenge spot from last year's final. Somerset to beat Warwickshire. Simply put - Somerset at Taunton, off the back of scoring only 113 in their last match. They managed to win that game which is a good sign for the bowling as they defended such a small total. Their batting lineup on the other hand is just too good to fail like that again, particularly at home. If Trescothick gets going the game will beyond Warwickshire early, and I don't fancy him to be getting 2 ducks in a row. Odds are slightly short but value is still there. Also thinking of backing Hampshire but have not as of yet decided. Will probably wait and see if Dimi plays or not.
Good luck with those mate. Quick word on Dimi as I'm off to The Oval in a sec, he is in the squad for tonight. I would imagine he'll replace either Taylor or Dawson depending on the wicket.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2009 Zander de Bruyn did top score but I'm a bit annoyed Hampshire didn't make it 2/2 for the night. A complete braindead batting performance. It wasn't particularly great bowling, was a poor batting show with too many experienced players getting themselves out. Still, thanks to de Bruyn I was +3 for the night which puts me up to +19.83. Good work Notorious7. 2 out of 2, excellent going mate :ok.

Thursday 28 May 2009HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifLancashire v Nottinghamshire (17:30 BST) 1.86 2.05 102.54 %
maximize.gifLeicestershire v Derbyshire (17:30 BST) 2.1 1.86 101.38 %
maximize.gifSussex v Essex (19:10 BST) 2.1 1.97 98.38 %
Just the one for me tomorrow. 3pts Essex to beat Sussex 10/11 Blue Square Essex were unlucky not to begin their twenty20 campaign with a win on Monday when the rain came just too soon to deny them beating Kent. Sussex were thrashed by Hampshire on Monday but responded well to beat Surrey on Tuesday and they should be confident coming in here having made the FP semis too. Murray Goodwin didn't play on Tuesday but he is in the squad for Sussex here and you would think he'll play in this one in front of the TV cameras. In fact, Sussex are at full strength apart from Matt Prior who England haven't released to play in this game. Luke Wright looks set to play another game after missing a couple of FP games. Essex not only have Alastair Cook back from England duty but Ravi Bopara is back too. He'll be a huge player for Essex at the top of the order and comes into the game bang in form. The strong middle order of Flower, Foster, Napier and ten Doeschate are all available too while Masters and Kaneria continue to bowl well and will be tough to get away. This should be a great game of cricket. Generally the day night aspect doesn't have much effect here with the lights so good. Essex had every chance of winning this tournament last year but I think overall they are the stronger side of the two and I think they'll win this with their international stars all available.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2009 Thanks WoodyTHFC. 2 for me today: Nottinghamshire to beat Lancashire Better team imo - Swann and Sidebottom back. Essex to beat Sussex Apologies for no write up, but the game is about to start - will hopefully put up a small write up for the Essex game in a while. Good luck to you both today, and well done yesterday!

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2009 I'm going for Dwayne Smith to top score for Sussex at 5/1 with Ladbrokes. Destructive in the IPL, top scored for Sussex with 63 against Hampshire on Monday and won't be chuffed with his duck against Surrey on Tuesday. No idea how this boy didn't get into the West Indies squad for the World T20.

I'm going for Dwayne Smith to top score for Sussex at 5/1 with Ladbrokes. Destructive in the IPL, top scored for Sussex with 63 against Hampshire on Monday and won't be chuffed with his duck against Surrey on Tuesday. No idea how this boy didn't get into the West Indies squad for the World T20.
He quit international cricket to be allowed to play for Sussex as a kolpak. He's not playing tonight but Corey Collymore did the same :ok.
Just backed Sussex IR at 6/5. Cant believe they have opened with Cook, I wouldnt put him in a 40 over team let alone a 20 over one.
To be fair mate, Cook smacked 80 off 50 odd balls the other day :ok.

I'm going for Dwayne Smith to top score for Sussex at 5/1 with Ladbrokes. Destructive in the IPL, top scored for Sussex with 63 against Hampshire on Monday and won't be chuffed with his duck against Surrey on Tuesday. No idea how this boy didn't get into the West Indies squad for the World T20.
Top shout mate. They got Joyce out at a perfect time for both of us :lol. :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap. +2.73 for me today. Up to +22.56 now. Full fixture list tomorrow. I'll be back shortly with bets because I'm toying with the idea of hopping on the train to Hove for the Hampshire game so won't be around tomorrow if I do.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2009 Turning into a bloody super thread with yet another great evening:clap:clap Top bats & match bets flying in on a daily basis, well done:ok. And a couple of decent new posters to welcome to the cricket threads:welcome

Top shout mate. They got Joyce out at a perfect time for both of us :lol. :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap. +2.73 for me today. Up to +22.56 now. Full fixture list tomorrow. I'll be back shortly with bets because I'm toying with the idea of hopping on the train to Hove for the Hampshire game so won't be around tomorrow if I do.
Cheers dude. Close one with Joyce getting within 1 run, great time for him to go for it :cow. Didn't realise Smith signed as a Kolpak, thought he was the overseas player for T20's. That explains his non inclusion with the Windies. Surely he must regret the Kolpak now as he'd be a cert. Have a good one at Hove tomorrow if you go.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2009 Poor day for me personally with a couple of mediocre run chases of eminently obtainable targets. Two for tomorrow at bigger prices then I thought they would be: Somerset to beat Gloucestershire 4/5 sj 10 pts Somerset are 2/2 in this. They held their nerve to beat glamorgan on a poor wicket and then beat warwickshire with a top run chase. Even though their 'weaker' bowling can go round the park, it has to be said their batting still has the resources to chase down totals other teams wouldnt be able to. Also in their factor today is that they play a gloucester team who having started this season well, have struggled so far in this with their batting in particular failing and that would only benefit Somerset. Somerset are in good form and for me have too much firepower here at a stand out price. Northamptonshire to beat Glamorgan 4/5 sj 10 pts Northants are looking for a record crowd here and will want to put a show on and generally at home they are capable of doing so. They beat Warwickshire well the other day, scoring an impressive total and will look to do the same again. What helps their batting is power they have, guys lIke White, Harvey, Boje, Hall, Wath down the order can score runs very quickly and Glamorgan with the exception of the burly Cosgrave dont quite have such resources imo. Also northants bowling line up is fairly decent especially with Wath back now along with the likes of Hall and spin options like Panesar if they use him and maybe Boje. Arguably one of glamorgan's strengths is their spin options but against Northants they dont even have an advantage in that area. Northants for me.

Friday 29 May 2009HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifKent v Middlesex (17:30 BST) 1.72 2.25 102.34 %
maximize.gifNorthamptonshire v Glamorgan (17:30 BST) 1.8 2.2 101.01 %
maximize.gifSomerset v Gloucestershire (17:30 BST) 1.8 2.25 100.00 %
maximize.gifWarwickshire v Worcestershire (17:30 BST) 1.83 2.1 102.16 %
maximize.gifYorkshire v Lancashire (17:40 BST) 2.2 1.8 101.01 %
maximize.gifDurham v Leicestershire (18:00 BST) 1.66 2.37 102.11 %
maximize.gifDerbyshire v Nottinghamshire (19:00 BST) 2.2 1.73 103.26 %
maximize.gifEssex v Surrey (19:00 BST) 1.72 2.2 103.35 %
maximize.gifSussex v Hampshire (19:00 BST) 2 2 100.00 %

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2009 4 for me tomorrow. 3 match bets and a top bat in the TV game which is Yorkshire vs Lancashire. I'll write the bets out in the order the games kick off. 3pts Worcestershire to beat Warwickshire 11/10 Skybet Bit of a local derby takes place at Edgbaston here as Warwickshire Bears try and get their 1st points of the twenty20 cup this season having lost their opening two matches. Worcester pulled off a good win against Gloucestershire in their opening match despite not batting too well. A win here will already open up qualification possibilities with Gloucestershire and Warwickshire having lost both their matches thus far. Warwickshire could welcome Tim Ambrose back to their side for this game. He was aiming to return in this one. Ian Bell is now back and Jeetan Patel is still around too. Ian Westwood skippers the side whose batting is boosted by the form of Trott and Troughton. Chris Woakes has gone round the park recently but he leads the bowling attack. Worcestershire are without Alex Kervezee who is with Holland now but in truth that's no big loss. Being without Kabir Ali is a bigger loss but they didn't miss him on Monday against Gloucestershire. Worcester's openers failed really on Monday but they don't do that too often and then there's a solid middle order with Noffke down the bottom. On paper this Royals bowling attack looks piss weak but Noffke has IPL experience and Chris Whelan is taking wickets. Gareth Batty is quality at this level and hat-trick hero Ian Fisher will be handy too. I don't see a lot between these two sides really. Worcestershire have gained the better one day results though, that Ireland game aside. Warwickshire have conceded a lot of runs and that could just be the difference so I'll go for a Worcester win here. 1pt ew T.Bresnan Top Yorkshire Batsman 20/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) How Tim Bresnan is a 20/1 shot with each way terms about I'll never know. He shouldn't be 20/1 in a good batting lineup let alone a weak one like Yorkshire's whose genuine batting runs out at number 4. In the reverse fixture, only 3 Yorkshire batsmen made double figures which goes to show how poor this lineup is. Another indication is that in 2 matches, the highest individual score has been 36. Ironically, Michael Vaughan has top scored in both Yorkshire matches so far despite him supposedly not being a one day batsman. One concern for this bet would be Bresnan's lack of batting recently, such has been the way England have demolished West Indies but that shouldn't matter as much in twenty20. Bresnan could feasibly bat at number 5 and when he hits a cricket ball it stays hit. Chapple and Smith have shown already they can skittle a top order so Bresnan could come in with a lot of overs to bat and not many to get to take the lead. Only Rana Naved will score quicker than him in behind so Bresnan looks a top ew bet at a frankly unbelievable price. The fact he's 10/1 in places in win only markets show how silly this price is so Bresnan is well worth backing with the ew terms available. 3pts Hampshire to beat Surrey Evs Bet365 I wasn't going to bet in this match after Hampshire's woeful batting display at The Oval on Wednesday but having watched Sussex on TV vs Essex, along with the fact I may well go to this game, I'm going to bet. There was no other wicket being prepared during the Essex game so they'll use the same wicket here and I feel that will play right into Hampshire's hands. Hampshire for me have the bowling attack perfectly suited to this wicket. Mascarenhas will be straight and niggly, as will Taylor while Dawson and Imran Tahir should extract a lot of spin. Michael Lumb will hope to do better than at The Oval but in truth the whole Hampshire line up will. The good thing is with Pothas and Mascarenhas in at 7 and 8 and possibly Cork in at 9 there's enough depth to this batting lineup to suggest 2 poor chases on the trot are unlikely. Sussex haven't played Murray Goodwin in their last two matches which is strange as he's been in the squad both times. Luke Wright plays his last game before heading off with England while Yasir Arafat does the same before he leaves with Pakistan. It's also Mushy's last game as coach so the Sharks will want to go out with a win for him. Hampshire thrashed Sussex at the Rose Bowl on Monday though and I think they have the bowling attack to restrict Sussex on this wicket. If they do that, although Arafat and Kirtley can be tricky to face, I believe Hampshire have the batting talent to win this one. 4pts Essex to beat Surrey 8/11 Stan James Essex didn't bat very well at Sussex last night but they got the job done with their bowlers, something I think we'll be saying a lot when Bopara, Foster, ten Doeschate and Napier all leave after this game. Surrey also did a good job with the ball, against Hampshire on Wednesday but their batting at times was clueless whereas at least Essex batted ok, they just couldn't run well. As I've hinted above, Essex are at full strength for the last time here and it's important those players go away with a win. Ravi Bopara is running hot at the minute and everyone is just waiting for Napier to explode like last season, not least the England management who must be doubting their decision to call him into the twenty20 side as he's looking like a one season wonder at the minute. Danish Kaneria and David Masters are experts in defending any sort of total. Surrey's solid batting ends at number 3 for me. Spriegel, Walters and Benning can hold the bat but aren't in much form with it although all can produce cameos. The bowling looks weak to me though. Pedro Collins or Jade Dernbach are usually hittable and Andre Nel can be hit and miss. The two spinners, Schofield and Spriegel should go well here but Essex are a top side on their own patch under the lights and although the price is fairly restrictive, having seen both sides 1st hand over the last two nights I'm confident Essex will prevail here.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2009 First post so will try and make it a winning one! Warwicks have been poor form so far in this but this is a must win game for them already. Their batting wasnt that bat against Zumerset just their bowling was poor, Worcs struggled to post 140 last time out and if they bat like that again they will lose. I can see Warwickshire posting a big score here and will be shocked if Worcs managed to chase it. Warwickshire 1unit at 5/6 (general)

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2009 Good luck to everyone for today. 2 for me: Hampshire to beat Sussex Sussex were beaten yesterday by an Essex team who bowleed reasonably well. The batting was a concern for me as they struggled a lot against the bowling of Bopara and Kaneria in the middle overs. Dimi is a similar bowler to Bopara imo, and Tahir is a decent spinner who takes regular wickets. They struggled against similar bowling yesterday, so I will back them to do the same tonight and pick a Hampshire win here. Derbyshire to beat Nottingham Notts get overrated by the bookies in every game they play. They have been very unconvincing so far with their names not performing. I initially thought Derbyshire would be poor in this format, but they have really got their heads up and are playing well. Big rivalry here and I fancy Derbyshire to take their momentum forward and pick up another win here.

First post so will try and make it a winning one! Warwicks have been poor form so far in this but this is a must win game for them already. Their batting wasnt that bat against Zumerset just their bowling was poor, Worcs struggled to post 140 last time out and if they bat like that again they will lose. I can see Warwickshire posting a big score here and will be shocked if Worcs managed to chase it. Warwickshire 1unit at 5/6 (general)
:welcome to PL mate. Looking good for your bet with Carter smacking them to all parts. How poor was that Yorkshire batting "effort" :eek :unsure.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2009 What a great partnership from Derby to bring them back into the game. Hampshire looking very poor though - may have to rethink backing them in future. Batting doesn't look strong at all. Don't rate Dimi as a batsman at all, and a poor finish here for them.