** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2009

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2009

I like Hampshire in the 1st 6 overs at what I consider to be a decent enough value price. Hampshire have England's most in form one day batsman in Michael Lumb opening their innings and he's been on fire in this hitting a blistering 124 against Essex and picking up with a very quick 59 against Kent last night.
I love ya Kev but you might be forgetting another English qualified player down here who is the leading 20/20 scorer so far this season. ;)

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2009 Have not posted on here for a while and just as well as not having the greatest run at the moment but reckon I have unearthed some value for todays live game: M WALLACE 2 pts Top Glamorgan Bat 8/1 Totesport & Stan James Glamorgan are out and have a pretty flimsy batting line up with no overseas player. However, Wallace batted at 3 yesterday and am sure will do the same tonight. He has delivered down the order at a not much bigger price in the past, but batting at 3 is a huge advantage in a top bat market in a 20 over game. Dalrymple is rightly jolly but apart from him I think Wallace has as much chance as any and is overpriced at 8s Ashley NOFFKE 1 pt win Top Worcs Bat 33/1 Bet 365 Worcester seem 2 batsmen light, and if they get off to a poor start then this bet has a real chance. He came in at 6 yesterday, even if he is only in at 7 or 8 Noffke can hold a bat having scored 89 in the championship earlier this month. If Worcs have an off day he wont need to get anywhere near that. I know Worcs are right in the qualification mix and could end up running out easy winners, but this price just seems way too big for such a potentially flimsy batting line up and I will take a chance at double carpet 33/1

Going with 3 initially but waiting for team news on one other so I could come back with a 4

th later. One match bet for now and 2 bets for the TV game which as mdivenuto says is Worcestershire vs Glamorgan.

3pts Leicestershire to beat Nottinghamshire 6/5 Blue Square

Leicestershire are surprising a few people in this competition this season and have every chance of progressing to the knockout stages with just 3 matches left to play in the group stages. Nottinghamshire can mathematically qualify but it’s unlikely, as is qualifying for division 1 of next season’s P20. However they have their last 3 at home but it’s not in their hands. Leicestershire will probably go with an unchanged side from the one which handed Lancashire their 1

st defeat last time out although HD Ackerman could come in. Jim Allenby is on fire opening the innings while the batting has good twenty20 players like Paul Nixon and Boeta Dippenaar in it with Jacques du Toit and Wayne White pulling the long handle out at the end of the innings. It’s with the ball that Leicestershire have surprised the most. Not Henderson, everyone knows about him and Iain O’Brien will be a fine bowler at this level but Harry Gurney has been a real find and Wayne White has been very economical too. Nottinghamshire have struggled this season and that’s in part to the loss of their England players, particularly Graeme Swann who has played a key role in recent seasons. Ryan Sidebottom is in the squad tonight but this is still a bowling attack which went for over 200 at Grace Rd in the reverse fixture. David Hussey makes his eagerly anticipated return for the Outlaws tonight and the batting found some form on Monday against Yorkshire. Their bowling still has a cannon fodder look about it even with Sidebottom around. Leicestershire won the reverse fixture between the two very easily and although Notts have improved a bit since then, Leicestershire showed no signs of slowing down when beating Lancashire on Monday night. There’s always a bit of extra spice about this match after the 2006 final but Leicestershire look a decent price to beat their local rivals again here so it’s the Foxes for me.

4pts Worcestershire to hit Most 6’s Evs Stan James

If we take Mark Cosgrove out of the equation because he’s no longer registered with Glamorgan then the Dragons have hit just 7 6’s in the tournament so far. Admittedly a lot of those matches have been on iffy pitches in Cardiff but even so, an average of 1 6 a match isn’t very good. Worcestershire have hit 21 in their 7 matches. Again, I admit that they play on a better batting wicket but they have the naturally bigger hitters in their side. Steven Davies, who as scored as many 6’s on his own as Glamorgan have in the entire tournament without Cosgrove, isn’t afraid to go over the top and neither is Vikram Solanki. With the likes of Kabir Ali and Ashley Noffke able to come in at the end and wield the long handle Worcestershire have plenty of 6 hitting options. Glamorgan don’t really. Their only natural power hitter is Mark Wallace so Glamorgan could struggle to clear the ropes. Judging on the competition so far, Worcestershire should well win this with a few in hand so it’s the Royals for most 6’s for me.

1pt ew M.Wallace Top Glamorgan Batsman 13/2 Coral (1/5 1,2,3)

Mark Wallace is a player I rate fairly highly. He’s gone in for me in top bats plenty of times in the past and I think he’s worth going with again here as Glamorgan seem to have given him the up the order role which Robert Croft has had in recent seasons. He batted at 3 against Warwickshire last night and it took a stunning Ian Bell catch to dismiss him. What I like about Wallace is he’s equally adept at hitting the pace bowlers and the spinners which will come in handy if he’s in when Gareth Batty bowls. In a poor Glamorgan line up which is a lot worse for the absence of Mark Cosgrove, Wallace offers excellent each way value despite him not really getting going in this tournament yet, even more so with his elevated position in the batting lineup and so I’ll have an ew bet on the big hitting keeper-batsman.

Nice choke by Surrey 75-2 off 6.4 and lose. Trouble in the crowd, a 6 run penalty against Surrey. McLaren having a go at Nel for obscruction. That should have been the SKY game!! Nice effort by Yorkshire :@
Tell me about it. Was a big Surrey fan tonight and thought they were going to do the business. Not to be though so it makes Friday night must win for Hampshire.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2009 Not been the best couple of nights for me with the top bats producing nothing but a loss on each night. Back to +16.96 going into tonight which is a tricky looking night on the face of it.

Thursday 25 June 2009HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifSomerset v Northamptonshire (17:30 BST) 1.72 2.42 99.22 %
maximize.gifSurrey v Essex (17:30 BST) 2.46 1.67 100.53 %
maximize.gifDerbyshire v Lancashire (19:10 BST) 2.62 1.57 101.73 %
I'll decide if I'm going to bet tonight and come back with anything a bit later.

Friday 26 June 2009HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifLeicestershire v Yorkshire (17:30 BST) 2.1 1.9 100.00 %
maximize.gifMiddlesex v Essex (17:30 BST) 2.51 1.61 101.75 %
maximize.gifNottinghamshire v Derbyshire (17:30 BST) 1.66 2.4 101.67 %
maximize.gifWorcestershire v Warwickshire (17:30 BST) 1.9 2.1 100.00 %
maximize.gifGloucestershire v Somerset (17:40 BST) 2.5 1.64 100.98 %
maximize.gifDurham v Lancashire (18:00 BST) 1.95 2 101.28 %
maximize.gifGlamorgan v Northamptonshire (19:00 BST) 2.94 1.53 99.23 %
maximize.gifHampshire v Kent (19:00 BST) 2 1.91 102.36 %

Off to Southampton shortly for what is a massive match. Make or break night in all 3 divisions this and there will be some excellent cricket played up and down the country. Rain is around too to make it even more interesting. I’m going with 4 bets which consist of 3 match bets and a top bat in the TV game, which is due to hit a bit of rain.

4pts Lancashire to beat Durham Evs Ladbrokes

I’m very surprised to see Lancashire at even money in this match. They are enjoying a fantastic one day season having made the semi finals in the FP Trophy and now securing qualification in this competition with 2 matches to go. Durham have struggled for consistency all season but it’s to their credit that they can still qualify in this event although England call up’s aren’t helping them.

Lancashire will be without Andrew Flintoff now as the England players have been called into a get together but Malachy Loye is no mean replacement and if anything he’s more consistent with the bat. Obviously Flintoff’s 4 overs need filling but a combination of Croft and Hogg can cover those. Sajid Mahmood is bowling well this season and the spin of Parry and Keedy have strangled most sides.

Durham are still without Steve Harmison and Graham Onions is with the England set up now. Dave Warner and Phil Mustard continue to form a partnership at the top of the Durham innings while Kyle Coetzer and Ian Blackwell look to feed off momentum. With the ball, Durham have looked weak on paper but keep getting the job done despite Ben Harmison having to be a 3

rd seamer.

Just because Lancashire have qualified I see no reason why they’ll take their foot off the gas. Durham slaughtered Yorkshire earlier in the week but this Lancashire side are a different proposition even with a few rested. Durham look at least one bowler light and maybe even a batsman too so I’ll take the Red Rose side to continue the momentum they’ve built with a win here.

3pts Leicestershire to beat Yorkshire 11/10 Stan James

Leicestershire suffered a defeat in their last match against Notts but that can happen when Ali Brown goes ballistic. Before then, their form had been pretty good. Yorkshire are level on points with the Foxes and both sides know this is pretty much a quarter final fixture. However it could be less important for Yorkshire to win with them playing Derbyshire last. The winners here are definitely in the box seat for qualification though.

Leicestershire have the competition’s top run scorer this season in their midst in Jim Allenby. He’s played great cricket in this competition and is very much the danger man for the Foxes. James Taylor is a very good youngster mixed in with twenty20 veterans in Nixon and Dippenaar. With the ball, Claude Henderson will be a handful if it turns while Iain O’Brien is a wicket taker and Wayne White continues to be hard to get away.

Yorkshire continue to be a batsman light at least and that’s even further emphasised with Anthony McGrath missing the last few matches. Jacques Rudolph doesn’t do much to inspire me as a replacement captain and while Yorkshire have a solid bowling attack, it’s no good if you can’t score runs – as they found out at Durham earlier in the week. Saying that, the bowling attack will be without Adil Rashid now although I like the look of David Wainwright, his replacement.

With home advantage on a Friday night at Grace Rd and Yorkshire looking very weak with their batting, the ex champions look a solid bet at odds against so I’ll take the Foxes to stick one foot in the quarter finals with a win in this one.

3pts Hampshire to beat Kent Evs Boylesports

This is a massive game with the riches that are on offer in the P20 1

st division next season. If Hampshire lose here it’s going to be very tough to qualify, a win here sets up a huge showdown with Essex live on Sky on Sunday. Kent know that a win here will pretty much sew up a quarter final spot with Surrey visiting them on Sunday.

Hampshire will probably go in unchanged although there is the potential for them to bring Billy Taylor in for Dominic Cork. Michael Lumb is in sublime form at the top of the innings and the likes of Carberry, Ervine and Benham are solid players and quick scorers in the middle order. Dimi Mascarenhas continues to be hard to get away at this level and on a worn wicket, Imran Tahir and Liam Dawson could be very tough to face.

Kent will probably go with the same side which edged past Surrey earlier in the week. Robert Key has found some form with the bat and as I’ve said all season Darren Stevens makes Kent look a much better side. With the ball Ryan McLaren is a very good player and Azhar Mahmood can still do it at this level. Robbie Joseph went for plenty against Surrey but Rob Key has confirmed he’ll play tonight, much to the relief of Hampshire fans!

Hampshire beat Kent by 44 runs here last season and but for a stunning knock from Darren Stevens in the reverse fixture on Monday they’d have won that too. The Hawks however are a different proposition on their own patch. Kent have sneaked through matches without looking a complete side yet like they did last year and while they are struggling for consistency from everyone I think Hampshire can take advantage and pull off a huge win for them in this match.

1pt ew C.Kieswetter Top Somerset Batsman 5/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3)

Craig Kieswetter is a hard hitting batsman who has been having a fantastic season with the bat. He’s been batting down the order in the last couple of matches but with rain around in the Bristol area he should be moved back up the order to let his big hitting take advantage of the powerplay. There’s very few batsmen in county cricket that hit the ball as hard as he does and with multiple limited overs centuries to his name this summer already we know he’s in good form. It’s either less than 10 or plenty with Kieswetter such is his attacking style but at 5/1 with a strong chance he’ll open the innings I’ll take a chance that it’s plenty tonight in another big game in this competition.

4pts Lancashire to beat Durham Evs Ladbrokes

3pts Leicestershire to beat Yorkshire 11/10 Stan James

3pts Hampshire to beat Kent Evs Boylesports 1pt ew C.Kieswetter Top Somerset Batsman 5/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3)

With the full house in the ODI (WI v India), you've had a pretty awesome day Kev. With 1 NR, a return of 6 from 7 is damn good and 2 top bats to boot. 6.3pts profit in here, excellent stuff mate:notworthy

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2009 Didnt have that much time yesterday to post otherwise I reckon I might have just done my team I have done below to provide a shock but I will do them now, knowing they are playing a weakened Surrey line up. As for the outrights I will update at the end of the group stage but notts went out yesterday despite another win, Hampshire lost but still can go through and Somerset are through and hopefully in an attempt for a home q/f, will be looking to still win their last game and the group. Kieswetter played a wonder knock yesterday but still a long way off the top run scorers in this comp. Anyway one for later: Middlesex to beat Surrey 13/10 bet3 10 pts I just wonder how much longer this price might last. I dont have confirmation about Middlesex's side but I still expect it to be pretty strong. It was yesterday when they beat Essex to end their shocking run in this of 7 defeats on the spin and they were full strength then. What I do know is that Surrey's team should be much changed. The squad the have put out for the game sees the likes of Ramps, Newman, Benning all missing. The still have Afzaal who captains but after that their batting looks nowhere near as strong as normal. Middlesex should be looking to seize on that presuming their big names play and I can see them winning this game and making it two wins on the trot.

With the full house in the ODI (WI v India)' date=' you've had a pretty awesome day Kev. With 1 NR, a return of 6 from 7 is damn good and 2 top bats to boot. 6.3pts profit in here, excellent stuff mate:notworthy[/left']
Cheers mate. Was a good day but I'd have preferred Hampshire to win, although we didn't actually lose anything because by hunch on Middlesex winning a game at some point rang true. It sets up a helluva game on Sky tomorrow between us and Essex. I'll be watching from behind the sofa I think :lol. Just the one for me today. 4pts Middlesex to beat Surrey 5/4 Stan James I've said all week that Middlesex would win a game at some point in this tournament and I fancied it to be against a good side, and it was as they beat Essex. Surrey have played Kent and Essex this week, they know they should have beaten Kent but they were never in the game against Essex and as a resuly Chris Adams has rung the changes here. Surrey will be without Scott Newman, James Benning and Mark Ramprakash, with a couple of the 2nd team players in the squad. Andre Nel retains his place in the side and he's been pretty hard to get away and very economical for a bowler on this ground. Chris Jordan could partner him with the new ball while Matthew Spriegel and Chris Schofield will provide the spin. Without the 3 from the batting lineup, even with Afzaal who may well open the batting looks light. Middlesex haven't announced their side but I see no reason why they would make too many changes from last night in which they were close to full strength. Owais Shah has played a couple of solid innings this week and Neil Dexter hit form last night. With Henderson, Udal and Kartik in the bowling attack and Steve Finn with bags of ability, the Panthers could well restrict Surrey to a total worth chasing. Middlesex won here last season in their quarter final with Lancashire thanks to Dawid Malan's superb century and their spirits should be lifted after last night's win which at least shows they're going out with a fight. It's always risky betting on dead rubbers but Middlesex are the better side here and are much better than their record this season suggests. They are overpriced so I'll take last season's champions to pick up back to back wins in this match.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2009 Yeah that was really nice. Never in doubt which is how you want a 4pt bet to be really. Easy 5pts made there to go along with last night's 6.3pt profit so it's been a decent weekend so far. 11.3pts picked up in the last two days to take me to +28.26pts for the tournament ahead of the last day of group games tomorrow. And what a day it is with 2 of my outrights needing wins to make it into the quarter finals. I'll come back with bets later this evening.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2009 Leaving matches like the Hampshire, Somerset and Northants games along and hoping for the right results to help various outrights. Nearly went for Glamorgan as I have a feeling Gloucester might be resting a few players but not 100% sure so leaving that alone.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2009 Two Winner goes through matches. Leicestershire v Durham - Lay Durham around 4/6 Betfair. Durham I would say are the 2nd best team in the north division, but 4/6 away at Leics is too short. I can see value in laying Durham, and should get matched at around 4/6 on Betfair. Durham have a powerful batting line up with the likes of Warner, Mustard, Blackwell, but so have Leics in Allenby, Dippenaar & Du Toit. Leics beat Yorkshire in their last outing & Lancs at the start of the week. Essex V Hampshire - Hampshire 11/10 Ladbrokes I would favour Hants. Essex will be missing Cook & Kaniera. Hants full strength. They have a powerful batting line up, and an expereinced bowling line up with the likes of Cork, Tremlett, plus Mascarenhas. Hants batting failed last time out, but they have been scoring plenty of runs in the other group games. Hants thrashed Essex when the sides met in the reverse fixture. views on other games: Kent v Surrey Surrey are putting out a virtual reserve team. Kent are 1/2 with Ladbrokes. Could be worth doubling up with Hampshire. Notts V Lancs - Notts 10/11 general. (matched higher on betfair) Notts need to win for 3rd spot. Lancs already topped group and are resting Chapple. Flintoff away with England, as are Sidebottom, Swann and Broad. Notts have had two convincing wins against Leicester & Derby, with Wood who has come in after being out injured being in fine form, and Brown opening who has found some form now. Got Jefferson, Hussey & Patel to come in after that, and the likes of Read & Ealham lower down. Lancashire are a good one day unit this season, but having topped the group might not be so up for the game. I will be off to Trent Bridge today hoping for a Notts win. :hope

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2009 Essex missing Bopara too, but then he has only appeared once or twice for them in 20/20. Yep a bit of value for Glamorgan 6/4 general price. They will put out about their strongest team, while Gloucs will be rotating/resting players. Would want to know Gloucs line up first though.

Sunday 28 June 2009HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifGloucestershire v Glamorgan (14:30 BST) 1.57 2.64 101.52 %
maximize.gifKent v Surrey (14:30 BST) 1.5 3 100.00 %
maximize.gifLeicestershire v Durham (14:30 BST) 2.4 1.68 101.19 %
maximize.gifMiddlesex v Sussex (14:30 BST) 2.3 1.72 101.37 %
maximize.gifNorthamptonshire v Worcestershire (14:30 BST) 1.67 2.58 98.64 %
maximize.gifNottinghamshire v Lancashire (14:30 BST) 1.9 2.21 97.63 %
maximize.gifWarwickshire v Somerset (14:30 BST) 2.1 1.85 101.67 %
maximize.gifYorkshire v Derbyshire (14:30 BST) 1.72 2.37 100.00 %
maximize.gifEssex v Hampshire (14:40 BST) 1.93 2.1 99.43 %
Just the one for me today. 3pts Nottinghamshire to beat Lancashire 10/11 Coral Lancashire have enjoyed an excellent competition having suffered only 1 defeat in their 9 matches so far winning 7 with one no result. They've already qualified from this North group with something in hand. Nottinghamshire were pretty late starters in this competition, a lot of which was due to playing games away from Trent Bridge. Now they are back home, they've come with a real run and there's still an outside chance that they can make the 1st division of the P20 next season. Nottinghamshire will be without their England trio of Ryan Sidebottom, Graeme Swann and Stuart Broad but they are at full strength apart from those and you could argue they are at their strongest now David Hussey is back. Alastair Brown has hit form and Matthew Wood has taken his chance with the bat. Mark Ealham and Luke Fletcher will lead the attack. Lancashire have decided to rest a few players as they are through. Captain Glen Chapple has been rested as has Francois du Plessis. Jimmy Anderson and Andrew Flintoff are away with England. Mark Chilton will captain the side which should include Mal Loye but will include VVS Laxman. Kyle Hogg should come into the bowling attack while Parry and Keedy will continue with the spin. This game means more to Notts than Lancs and Notts should be full of confidence coming in. They've named the stronger side and I think they'll do their bit towards their P20 place by winning here.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2009 Notts lost but Coral can have that as Hampshire qualified. Chuffed to bits with how we played there and to knock out a very dangerous side is a great result. Was confident we could go there and win but we played well and got a nice draw to show for it. Quarter final draw is: Northants vs Hampshire Kent vs Durham Lancashire vs Somerset Sussex vs Warwickshire Matches are on the 27th, 28th and 29th July and are all on Sky Sports.

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2009 Time to bump this thread up as it's quarter final week. I'm +25.26 coming in to this round. I'll sort out the outrights at the end of the week as I usually try and hit a couple for finals day.

Monday 27 July 2009HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifKent v Durham (17:30 BST) 1.75 2.32 100.25 %
maximize.gifSussex v Warwickshire (19:10 BST) 1.8 2.26 99.80 %
Tuesday 28 July 2009HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifLancashire v Somerset (17:40 BST) 1.83 2.2 100.10 %
Wednesday 29 July 2009HomeAwayBPP
maximize.gifNorthamptonshire v Hampshire (17:40 BST) 2.1 1.93 99.43 %
As we can see there's 2 quarter finals on Monday. They are both on Sky, the start of the Sussex game (which is 7.30 not 7.10) is on the red button but the 2nd innings is live on Sky. I'm going to town on both matches so I'll do a post on each QF.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2009 Ok 1st QF is Kent vs Durham. I'm going with 4 but only because the price of one of these top bats is ridiculous. 3pts Durham to beat Kent 6/5 Blue Square This 1st quarter final looks like being a very good tussle between two good one day sides. It's fair to say that Kent have performed better in the one day formats of the game this season but Durham are very dangerous in a one off game. Kent won the tough South Group though so will be very confident coming into this one. Kent are close to full strength and their form in all competitions recently has been very sound. Rob Key came back to form with a bang while the likes of Kemp and van Jaarsveld have been in great touch with the bat. They've got Wayne Parnell back in their squad now after he went away for the world twenty20 and Ryan McLaren is also back. Durham have Dave Warner in their side in this game. He'll open up with Phil Mustard while Scottish world twenty20 eyecatcher Kyle Coetzer will also play. Ian Blackwell and Dale Benkenstein make up a very powerful batting lineup. With the ball the Dynamoes have the competitions leading wicket taker in Mitch Claydon but they'll be without Graham Onions and Steve Harmison who are with England, as is Paul Collingwood. They only have 4 wickets between them in the competition so far though. Durham have a really powerful batting lineup and with both sides having good bowling attacks it could come down to Durham's extra power. This is a 50/50 match in my eyes so the 6/5 is value for an away win. 3pts Durham Most 6's 5/4 Blue Square As I said above, Durham have some very big hitters of a cricket ball and they come into bat straight away. Warner is as big a hitter of a cricket ball as there is going around and Mustard, Coetzer, Blackwell and Benkenstein can all clear any ropes with consumate ease. That's Durham's top 5. Kent have a few decent hitters in Stevens, Kemp, McLaren and Mahmood but they don't start coming in until number 5. Both sides have hit 28 6's in the competition to date but Durham have played on bigger grounds and Stevens hit 8 of Kent's in 2 freaky innings against Hampshire. I think Durham are the better hitting side and would expect them to clear the ropes more than Kent here. 1pt ew I.Blackwell Top Durham Batsman 6/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Ian Blackwell has been opening for Durham in the Pro40 recently and even though he'll drop down the order he'll still be in the top 5. He didn't do too much in those two innings but he scored ok and will have got his eye in for this match. Kent's strength with the ball is probably 1st up anyway so dropping down the order might not be a bad thing. Either way, when he does get in the ball will be travelling pretty quickly and although not being in sublime batting form it's not bad and 6/1 is a very backable ew price on a guy who hits it like Blackwell does. 1pt ew W.Parnell Top Kent Batsman 100/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Ian Blackwell was going to be my only top bat bet but then I saw this price. I might be wasting 2pts here but Wayne Parnell can bat and earlier in the season Kent were sending him in at number 3 in the FP Trophy. They may not do that here but he'll be batting at 7 or 8 regardless I would imagine and he can give the ball a big crack when he gets in too as he's shown in a couple of 1st class innings this season. Durham's bowling attack is a good one and can restrict sides to low totals so even coming in down the innings a place won't be beyond him even if the top score is. He's 20/1 to place here which is more than enough to lure me in each way.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2009 2nd QF is Sussex vs Warwickshire. 3 for me in this one. 4pts Sussex to beat Warwickshire 8/11 Bet365 Sussex have been pretty impressive in this competition so far, coming so close to winning the tough South Group while Warwickshire who were excellent in the group stages last year haven't quite hit those heights this season. Sussex have been having an excellent season in one day cricket and will hope to bounce back from Saturday FP final defeat pretty quickly. Sussex will be wthout Matt Prior who is on England duty now but they probably wish they were without him on Saturday as well :lol. They're at full strength other than that though which means Murray Goodwin will play, unlike all the group games. Their only selection decision is whether to play Will Beer or the seamer Martin-Jenkins. Michael Yardy and Rory Hamilton-Brown will provide spin while Yasir Arafat is the key seamer in a side with plenty of batting and bowling options. Warwickshire will be without Ian Bell for this game which weakens their batting somewhat. However the competition's top scorer Jon Trott will play and partner Neil Carter at the top of the innings. Trott comes in here off the back of a huge ton against Hampshire in the Championship last week. Troughton is having a good season and Westwood and Clarke are useful down the order. There's no Jeetan Patel for Warwickshire anymore and I didn't see Sree Sreesanth in the Bears squad so I guess he hasn't arrived yet. Chris Woakes will lead the attack which has Ant Botha as a sole spinner. Warwickshire look a touch light with the bat while Sussex bat down to 9, 10 if Martin-Jenkins plays. They'll have to bounce back from Saturday quickly but I think they are the stronger side here so I'll take the Sharks to make their 2nd finals day of the season with a win here. 3pts Over 6.5 6's 5/6 William Hill There some pretty decent hitters on display here in the likes of Neil Carter, Luke Wright and Dwayne Smith. Chris Nash isn't the worst hitter of a ball either. Then down both orders Arafat and Woakes can tonk it around a bit. This Hove ground isn't the biggest in the world and although it's not the smallest either I do still expect to see a few 6's hit in this match. It should be a good wicket for such a big match so I'll take over 6 6.5 6's in this one. 1pt ew D.Smith Top Sussex Batsman 6/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) We've already seen Dwayne Smith top score on Sky in this competition this season against Kent and I think we could see it again here. Smith will bat at either 3 or 4 and he was one of very few Sussex batsmen who looked in good nick on Saturday before he played a stupid shot and got out. However he's experienced in twenty20 this year having played for the IPL winning Deccan Chargers and that experience along with the explosive hitting he possesses can lead to him being Sussex's top scorer here at a very nice ew price.

Re: Cricket: Twenty20 Cup 2009 Am laying Lancs to win the 20/20 they are priced up due to their name and not their ability, not even a vintage lancs team. There are a lot better sides there at bigger odds, wouldnt surprise me if they lost v Somerset who have much more batting power than them, and even if they do get to finals day they will choke, they always choke and I will lay them on finals day too as they will be really short.