Best Bet Of The Day Sun 10/05/2009

Killarney 17:05 LUCKY WILLIAM 0.5pt e/w bet I need some faith put back into this gambling lark and cant find a better person to do it than the one and only Miss Nina Carberry, 5th last time out at punchestown and was up there a very long way, it was a very good run for 1st time out but today Nina takes the ride, the ground was heavy that day and might just have found him out, todays better ground should suit and nobody rides these nat/hunt flat races IMO than Miss Nina Carberry. Give us a little taste of gravy Nina. :hope

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Sun 10/05/2009 240 Plumpton Wade Farm Billy Wade Farm Billy stands out here and should be a short price to open his account after some decent placed efforts (7/4 in RP??). Doubts about his stamina have been raised but in this class on this ground he will get away with it. Plenty of unknowns in the race but will have to be smart first time out to upset the fav. Rampant Ronnie disappointed last time but ran well the time before and could bounce back and is the only danger on form.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Sun 10/05/2009 Long 2.25 Westphalia 1pt win Open looking classic here and I like O’Brien’s first string. He has another runner in here that could not be totally ruled out but looks here to ensure this isn’t a crawl and that should suit Westphalia. Westphalia had some good form last season including a group 2 at don over the highly regarded zacinto and a fine effort in the breeders cup when just losing to donativum. His reappearance this term was behind one of these in silver frost but given that run surely would have been needed like so many of o’brien’s, it was not a bad effort at all and he could overturn that form and go close here.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Sun 10/05/2009 430 Uttoxeter NOTANOTHERDONKEY e/w Had been out for a year and left M Scud for the astute M Keighley yard when running a promising 2nd recently over distance (26f) just over a month ago. This horse has won over distance off this mark in past and, importantly in this race I hope, has won over distance on g,gf unlike most of his rivals here. There are a few here with shouts, I expect Deep Pockets will continue to improve though it's rising up the ratings to an unknown mark, and Freeline Fury is similarly hurtling high in the weights too, due to carry a lot more weight around this long trip. I'm going for Notanother donkey to continue Keighley's good from (3wins and 3places from 9 runs in the last month) and go e/w as it's trading at 8/1 this morning (b365)

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Sun 10/05/2009 2.25 Longchamp Le Havre 0.5 E/W He beat Naaqoos and Diableside LTO and just seemed to find that little bit extra when battling with Naaqoos for the line in that race (Naaqoos wants longer), so at level weights again, that form looks good and could hold out for today. The big danger as I see it will be Vocalised, He would have been my first choice but hasn't run beyond 7F yet (if this race is run at a crawl, then that could play into the hands of Vocalised), A.P. O'Brien's runners could also prove a danger and should be respected. The odds for Le Havre are currently around the 7/1, 8/1 mark so I'll go E/W.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Sun 10/05/2009 Uttoxeter 2:30. Wolf Moon. 1 point LAY. He has one his only novice hurdle, but I'm not sure how good that form is. The quality seemed pretty poor to me, and only four horses managed to even finish. But because of that win, he now gives at least 7lb to every horse in the field today. Overall, today's field seems pretty poor again, but there are three or four in there who, arguably, have shown form of equal or better quality than the selection, and will all receive weight from him. That only win was over 2 miles. They have stepped him straight up to 3 miles today. Based on his point to point form in Ireland, he should stay the extra distance, although that type of evidence is not always reliable. More significantly, like a lot of these ex-Irish point to pointers, it would appear he would appreciate a bit of good underfoot. It's officially G-G/F at Uttoxeter today. They've had a dry night, and the weather forecast seems good for today too. It's a bit if a risky one as he is so unexposed, and it could just be that the extra mile suits him so much he'll progress significantly. But with the variety of factors I've mentioned, and at the current price, laying seems decent value.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Sun 10/05/2009 4.30 Uttox - Native City Keep an eye on Bertie May and Notanotherdonkey because they are the most likely to cause problms but Native city will take this. Mccoy back on and with the drop down to 101 should run a good race. O'Neil would have kept this horse fit in the break so fitness I don't think will be too much of a problem. Price is fluctuating alot on Betfair but you can get him at around 8's at the right time. Fantastic value and one for the win.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Sun 10/05/2009

4pm Uttoxeter Bailey France 14/1 totesport This horse has an excellent chance and is going to be a steamer.It could go off about half the price so wade in early!!
Based on what mate? A 7th of 7 and a 12th of 14 followed by a four month void, it isn't obvious what you base your optimism on. Any chance you could elaborate?

4pm Uttoxeter Bailey France 14/1 totesport This horse has an excellent chance and is going to be a steamer.It could go off about half the price so wade in early!!
There's certainly a big gamble going on. Down to 6 and 7's now. Interesting to see how it goes. What was your bet based on?

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Sun 10/05/2009 DOMENICO 2.10 Plumpton. 0.5 points each way. An interesting runner, as usually runs around Huntingdon. However, he should be handling this track well enough and with being in reasonable form recently, in context with this race today, and with dropping to a likeable mark of 89, I think Richard Johnson can get the race run to suit on ground he enjoys and go close. It's a race full of ifs and buts, but at around 8/1 we do stand out a little bit.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Sun 10/05/2009 To be honest horse racing isnt normally my speciality but I noticed it was attracting large amounts of money with other firms at 12s and 10s so new the 14s wouldnt last.When well established firms cut a horse from 12s straight into 8s it takes a reasonable degree of money and on value terms alone I had to take the price.Will see how it runs anyway a bit later :hope

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Sun 10/05/2009 rio de janeiro 330 utt. 2 pt win s/nap. i think today is the day that connections see the back of this horse. should be able to race to suit himself and is god enough to win this well. i personally think anything above evens is a good bet.

To be honest horse racing isnt normally my speciality but I noticed it was attracting large amounts of money with other firms at 12s and 10s so new the 14s wouldnt last.When well established firms cut a horse from 12s straight into 8s it takes a reasonable degree of money and on value terms alone I had to take the price.Will see how it runs anyway a bit later :hope
It has been tipped on another site but the comments suggest it's just a punt! "In Uttoxeter's 4.10 today, he saddles Bailey France , who showed nothing in two starts for Kahlil Burke, having won low-grade events over hurdles and fences in France. Vaughan almost managed to work the oracle with To Arms, who had made the same switch to his yard from Burke's, a couple of months ago and although Bailey France might simply be not much good any more, it might be worth chancing that Vaughan can work his magic again."

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Sun 10/05/2009 BEVERLEY HILL BILLY 3.40 PLumpton. 1 point win. Can burst blood vessels, but his form is there to see and although nothing spectacular, it's good enough to make the favourite work very hard under his penalties. The trip and gound's suitable and so if running to his ability, then he should be able to go close.

430 Uttoxeter NOTANOTHERDONKEY e/w Had been out for a year and left M Scud for the astute M Keighley yard when running a promising 2nd recently over distance (26f) just over a month ago. This horse has won over distance off this mark in past and, importantly in this race I hope, has won over distance on g,gf unlike most of his rivals here. There are a few here with shouts, I expect Deep Pockets will continue to improve though it's rising up the ratings to an unknown mark, and Freeline Fury is similarly hurtling high in the weights too, due to carry a lot more weight around this long trip. I'm going for Notanother donkey to continue Keighley's good from (3wins and 3places from 9 runs in the last month) and go e/w as it's trading at 8/1 this morning (b365)
BH, sorry to be a pain, the price has gone along with a couple of n/rs, is it too late to change to WIN??

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Sun 10/05/2009 I've almost given up with this BBOD lark! So I'm going with a real outsider today. Looking at the form, and the sort of trend that sometimes, a horse which is decent on the flat can make a good hurdler. I've gone for 14:00 Uttoxer - Dream in Blue - EW Has been in the top 3 in all it's 3 previous flat, all-weather races at Grade 5, so find it slightly strange that it's been now changed to hurdles. Strange in fact that it's caught my eye. New trainer who hasn't been in the greatest of form but they must see some ability away from the flat. The price I got was around 26/1 so it was worth the risk. Perhaps one to look out for in the future if it gets round well today. 0.5pt EW

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Sun 10/05/2009 3:00 Longchamp - Fantasia - Back We all know what this girl did in the Nell Gwyn. I wonder if connections are now rueing the decision not to send her to Newmarket for the 1000 guineas. We will never know. But what is for sure is that this is one hell of a high class filly. She simply destroyed a decent opposition in the Nell Gwyn, and sent antepost markets crazy. Think she will be way too good for these today, and looks a good price at 5/6 1pt win

I've almost given up with this BBOD lark! So I'm going with a real outsider today. Looking at the form, and the sort of trend that sometimes, a horse which is decent on the flat can make a good hurdler. I've gone for 14:00 Uttoxer - Dream in Blue - EW Has been in the top 3 in all it's 3 previous flat, all-weather races at Grade 5, so find it slightly strange that it's been now changed to hurdles. Strange in fact that it's caught my eye. New trainer who hasn't been in the greatest of form but they must see some ability away from the flat. The price I got was around 26/1 so it was worth the risk. Perhaps one to look out for in the future if it gets round well today. 0.5pt EW
Stick with it lars, have some faith, its not how you start its how you finish, Please keep with it, whats the harm ? ;)

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Sun 10/05/2009 Longchamp 2.25 - Le Havre - Win Won one of the trials, the Djebel, beating Naaqoos. That was over 7 furlongs and both of them should improve over the mile but there doesn't appear to be any reason why Le Havre won't improve as much as Naaqoos and still beat him. I've been looking at the 'trends' for this race and there isn't much worth noting, apart from the fact that 5 of the last 10 winners have come from a run in the Prix Fontainbleu. The first 3 home in that trial, Silver Frost, Westphalia and Oiseau De Feu all run today As far as 'trends' go, Silver Frost would probably be the selection - but the Le Havre - Naaqoos trial just looked more impressive. Oiseau's jockey has chosen to ride Le Havre, maybe an indication that they think that was the stronger trial. Vocalised is in cracking form and has shown good acceleration at 7 furlongs. If the race is a dawdlw with a sprint finish he could have a great chance But i reckon Le Havre's boat will come in..............

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Sun 10/05/2009 Uttoxeter 2.30pm 1pt lay Wolf Moon Hi Palaceman i think we have a few selection factors in place that are the same,no harm there :ok,horse has run 3m in Ireland and came 2nd but really cant say what how good that race was. Today the field is full of a few that will give this race a go and one of them will win this,odds are nice to lay for me and looking to collect today,laying. Goodluck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Sun 10/05/2009 Plumpton 4.40 0.5 Point E/W Corrib Drift Has a good record over G&D where he has only failed once out of 4 attempts to make the frame which he still managed a 3rd but in a 7 runner race and has won carrying 11-7 at Startford and does have one of the best form on offer in this competitive Chase

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Sun 10/05/2009 4.55 Leopzardstown Espartano EW Despite recent form not being fantastic is twice a winner over todays distance at Leopardstown. Ground and field size will also suit and is running off a light weight with claimer taking off a further 5 lbs.

Longchamp 2.25 - Le Havre - Win Won one of the trials, the Djebel, beating Naaqoos. That was over 7 furlongs and both of them should improve over the mile but there doesn't appear to be any reason why Le Havre won't improve as much as Naaqoos and still beat him. I've been looking at the 'trends' for this race and there isn't much worth noting, apart from the fact that 5 of the last 10 winners have come from a run in the Prix Fontainbleu. The first 3 home in that trial, Silver Frost, Westphalia and Oiseau De Feu all run today As far as 'trends' go, Silver Frost would probably be the selection - but the Le Havre - Naaqoos trial just looked more impressive. Oiseau's jockey has chosen to ride Le Havre, maybe an indication that they think that was the stronger trial. Vocalised is in cracking form and has shown good acceleration at 7 furlongs. If the race is a dawdlw with a sprint finish he could have a great chance But i reckon Le Havre's boat will come in..............
This is pretty much how I summed up the race, (have gone E/W though), Trotter - best of luck to you and to all for today. :hope

Uttoxeter 2:30. Wolf Moon. 1 point LAY. He has one his only novice hurdle, but I'm not sure how good that form is. The quality seemed pretty poor to me, and only four horses managed to even finish. But because of that win, he now gives at least 7lb to every horse in the field today. Overall, today's field seems pretty poor again, but there are three or four in there who, arguably, have shown form of equal or better quality than the selection, and will all receive weight from him. That only win was over 2 miles. They have stepped him straight up to 3 miles today. Based on his point to point form in Ireland, he should stay the extra distance, although that type of evidence is not always reliable. More significantly, like a lot of these ex-Irish point to pointers, it would appear he would appreciate a bit of good underfoot. It's officially G-G/F at Uttoxeter today. They've had a dry night, and the weather forecast seems good for today too. It's a bit if a risky one as he is so unexposed, and it could just be that the extra mile suits him so much he'll progress significantly. But with the variety of factors I've mentioned, and at the current price, laying seems decent value.
Won well, stayed on strongly to win by 2 lenghts :ok Cheers

Yeah that write up did post a lot of positives up for the selection.
Well if you read it and then looked at atr & sporting life..lets be honest there was fuckall better really in the race so fack off :moon