Mileni Over The Sticks 2011/2012

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 Jewson Novices Chase Robinson Collonges 1pt EW - 14/1 (antepost) Blazing Tempo 0.75pt EW - 33/1 (antepost) Noble Prince 1pt win - 6/1 (antepost) Loosen My Load 0.5pt win - 7/1 I think I have the beathing of Wishful Thinking with Robinson Collonges, who traveled like the winner at Wincanton before falling. I thought the same for Captain Chris and Ghizao though, so you never know. Ruby on him should give him every chance and I liked the way he traveled in a 2m5f handicap here before he met a fence wrong. Despite the worry that Blazing Tempo won't stay, better ground might help her and she gets weight from the field. Have to have Noble Prince on my side ridden by AP and being backed steadily in the last two weeks. 5th in the County and I think this is his trip - 012112 over 2m4f. Might be an irish plot. Very classy horse on the flat, who'll love the better ground and might have a bit of toe for all of them. Usually a very good jumper. Loosen My Load a saver, because he gave Captain Chris and Ghizao weight in November and ran pretty good race in 3rd. 5pts overall stake. Pertemps Final Chartreux 1.5pt EW - 7/1 (5 places) I was very keen on this horse lto when he traveled like a dream only to blow up the hill and finish 3rd. Few of Pipe's needed their run at the time and I think this fella just wasn't fit rather than not staying. I think he will love the better ground tomorrow and has just sneaked off low weight today. Gives the impression he's a lot better than his current mark and could be another Gran Crus on the cards. Few dark horses in there, but the David Pipe runner is really well handicapped and I expect a big run from him off just 10-3. Over 3 miles the low weight tells in the end and it might be the difference between winning and losing. Hoping for a good run and Pipe deserves a winner after the fall of Great Endeavour. Ryanair J'y Vole 1pt EW - 14/1 (antepost) Rubi Light 0.75pt EW - 33/1 (antepost) Still think the Willie Mullins mare is underrated, because she didn't run very well lto in Ireland, but previously she chased Tranquil Sea and could have easily beaten him if jockey had made his move earlier. On last year's form she is just a nose behind Poquelin and with a better ride one could say, she'd have gone real close to beating Albertas Run. Hampered on the turn and never able to pick up after that. Good ground brings out massive improvement in her and I think she's still on the big side at 9/1. Rubi Light is a dark horse from Ireland, who ran really well behind Golden Silver over 2 miles and then went on to win a Grade 2 last month defeating the solid Roberto Goldback. On that form I think he is a horse, who can get involved tomorrow, because Roberto Goldback is a solid 150 marker, who always runs his race and was just a length behind Tranqul Sea and Jy Vole at Fairyhouse. At the same time my selection trashed him by 10L. Has won on g/s last year and I don't expect any problems handling the spring Cheltenham surface. Only 6 and improving all the time. Andrew Lynch rides Cheltenham as good as Ruby and Geraghty for me. World Hurdle Mourad 1pt EW - 14/1 (antepost) Mourad 1pt EW w/o BB - 6/1 (antepost) Fiveforthree 1pt EW - 16/1 (antepost) Fiveforthree 1pt EW w/o BB - 8/1 (antepost) Surprised that Paul Townend is on Mourad. I've always thought Fiveforthree is an extremely talented horse, who was unlucky to be injured all the time and just unable to show it. Came back as good as ever and won a Grade 1 at Punchestown then got injured again. Had some time off since and came back just few weeks ago to win over 2 miles. Never off the bridle and looked as good as ever. Still happy with the prices I got on him and basically hoping to get Gran Crus beaten on this faster surface. Mourad will really love this quicker ground. He's improving all the time and I still regret last year when I had 16/1 for the Coral Cup for him to cut his leg just few days before the festival. He was going to run off 148 and most certainly would have gone really close. 3rd in the Triumph 2 years ago staying on up the hill. Not sure he's quite good enough to beat Big Bucks, but I just count on him and Five beating Gran Crus. Have big doubts about the Pipe horse on quick ground. He seems to be a pretty big scopy sort, who's a galloper and who might get unsettled on good ground. He's also very keen and it might cost him in a World Hurdle. I know he looked impressive lto, but I'm pretty certain the Mullins two should be able to beat that field pretty comfortably too. Festival Plate Beautiful Sound 1.5pt EW - 8/1 Think this race is full of exposed horses and my main worries are the 2 market leaders. My selection gets a lot of weight from them though and rider and jockey had a wonderful day on Wednesday. Very unexposed horse, has a win on good as well. One from one in pointers and 3 from 4 over fences. A bit unlucky when 9th behind Majestic Concorde. I think this is a very well handicapped horse and has a typical progressive profile. I'm not so sure Aigle D'Or should be that short and Quartz De Thaix is yet to convince me in the jumping department, plus Aiden Coleman is starting to be a liability. Used to like him as a conditional, but he's been going backwards since. Kim Muir Junior 1.5pt EW - 10/1 (antepost) Dance Island 0.5pt EW - 40/1 (5 places) Mostly Bob 1pt win - 16/1 I really enjoy the Kim Muir as a race. Think it's probably my favorite handicap during the four days. I was very worried, who'll ride my selection, but now I'm very happy with the booking of Jamie Codd. He rode an absolute cracker on Character Building two years ago in this race. Very good conditional from Ireland, who'll give this fella every chance. The ground is perfect for Junior and on form he's quite well handicapped. 3rd behind Midnight Chase, who has franked the form since. Then 2nd over hurdles over C&D behind Ashkazar. Rated 5lbs higher over hurdles than over fences. A very genuine galloper, who wins on flat, over hurdles and over fences. From 30 career runs he's won 7 and placed 14. Dance Island ran well for a long way in the Welsh National, but I don't think the heavy ground suited him. His best run so far has been on good ground splitting Burton Port and Take The Breeze. Finished 2nd to King Fontaine at Haydock as well and I think he'll enjoy the conditionas and outrun his price. Miss Gina Andrews great value for her claim. And also staking 1pt. on the Phillp Hobbs horse, who I backed in the Racing Post chase, but who fell after 2 jumps. Bolted up off 11lbs lower at Doncaster (good ground) and carried top weight that day. Most of the rise is offset by a 7lb claimer and it might be an advantage here, because almost every rider in the race is unable to claim.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 Pertemps Final Barafundle 1pt EW - 9/1 (5 palces) Tarablaze 0.5pt EW - 20/1 (5 places) Should've tipped Barafundle last night. Into single figures after Pricewise this morning. Comes here with a great chance and his form is rock solid. Tarablaze is overpriced and might prefer softer, but has form on good and g/s and the 20/1 is big.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011

Grand National Junior 1pt EW - 25/1 Didn't realize he's in the race. Would have backed at massive prices. He has a lot in hand and will go close. Let's hope he comes out of this race fine.
Well actually I'm not sure he'll get in, so hold your bets.

well done today mate' date=' must have worked out a reasonable profit incl the EW/s[/quote'] Thanks mate. Ye, looking good. About +22 for the festival and Friday to come. I think I had few other winners, who unfortunately made crucial mistakes, but that's part of the game.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 County Hurdle Final Approach 1pt EW - 16/1 (antepost) Alarazi 1pt EW - 9/1 (5 places) I think the Imperial Cup winner had a lot in hand last week and represents value. The Gordon Elliot favorite is overhyped and both should be a lot closer in the market. Final Appoach still has a decent chance despite the latest hike in the weights and Ruby choosing him over Blackstairmountain a boost.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 Foxhunter Chase Dante's Storm 1pt win - 10/1 (antepost) Dante's Storm 1pt EW - 10/1 (4 places) Might lay the win bet and leave it as a 1pt EW at 10s, or just go place only and make it 2pt EW bet. Haven't decided yet. At the moment I'm tipping the 1pt EW - 10/1 and I doubt I'll have anything else in the race. The JP horse has been heavily backed, but is too short now. Baby Run has an outstanding chance, but not for me at 3/1.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 Triumph Zarkandar 1pt EW 10/1 + 0.5pt win 10/1 (antepost) County Final Approach 1pt EW - 16/1 (antepost) Alarazi 1pt EW - 9/1 (5 places) Gold Cup Kauto Star 2pt win - 10/1 (antepost) Kempes 1pt win - 12/1 (antepost) Neptune Collonges 0.75pt free - 145.0 (backed 175.0 and layed 30.0) Foxhunter Chase Dante's Storm 1pt win - 10/1 (antepost) Dante's Storm 1pt EW - 10/1 (4 places) Conditionals Handicap Sir Des Champs 1.5pt EW - 9/1 (antepost) Grand Annual I'msingingtheblues 1pt win - 14/1 (antepost) These are my bets so far, but will probably have an Albert Bartlet fancy in the morning and back few savers in the Grand Annual. Need some sleep now though.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 Gold Cup Kauto Star 2pt win - 10/1 (antepost) Kempes 1pt win - 12/1 (antepost) Kempes 1pt win - 9/1 Neptune Collonges 0.75pt free - 145.0 (backed 175.0 and layed 30.0) With rain missing Cheltenham, I think Kempes is becoming a major player here. Additional 1pt.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 County Hurdle Final Approach 1pt EW - 16/1 (antepost) Alarazi 1pt EW - 9/1 (5 places) Grey Soldied 1pt EW - 16/1 (6 places) Skybet offering 6 places on the race and I think the Gordon Elliot 2nd string is overpriced. Won a listed race on the flat and despite out of form in the last few starts, I think return to better ground will help him a lot. Blinkers introduced as well and Davy Russell on also a positive.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 Triumph Zarkandar 1pt EW 10/1 + 0.5pt win 10/1 (antepost) County Final Approach 1pt EW - 16/1 (antepost) Alarazi 1pt EW - 9/1 (5 places) Grey Soldier 1pt EW - 16/1 (6 places) Albert Bartlett Bobs Worth 1pt win - 3/1 Gold Cup Kauto Star 2pt win - 10/1 (antepost) Kempes 1pt win - 12/1 (antepost) Kempes 1pt win - 9/1 Neptune Collonges 0.75pt free - 145.0 (backed 175.0 and layed 30.0) Foxhunter Chase Dante's Storm 1pt win - 10/1 (antepost) Dante's Storm 1pt EW - 10/1 (4 places) Conditionals Handicap Sir Des Champs 1.5pt EW - 9/1 (antepost) Grand Annual I'msingingtheblues 1pt win - 14/1 (antepost)

Triumph Zarkandar 1pt EW 10/1 + 0.5pt win 10/1 (antepost) County Final Approach 1pt EW - 16/1 (antepost) Alarazi 1pt EW - 9/1 (5 places) Grey Soldier 1pt EW - 16/1 (6 places) Albert Bartlett Bobs Worth 1pt win - 3/1 Gold Cup Kauto Star 2pt win - 10/1 (antepost) Kempes 1pt win - 12/1 (antepost) Kempes 1pt win - 9/1 Neptune Collonges 0.75pt free - 145.0 (backed 175.0 and layed 30.0) Foxhunter Chase Dante's Storm 1pt win - 10/1 (antepost) Dante's Storm 1pt EW - 10/1 (4 places) Conditionals Handicap Sir Des Champs 1.5pt EW - 9/1 (antepost) Grand Annual I'msingingtheblues 1pt win - 14/1 (antepost)
Nice start to the day :clap:clap

Cheltenham Festival - Top Trainer 1 pt win Willie Mullins @ 8/1
You can lay Willie at 1.16 or back Pepe Simo at 25/1 if you fear him. I'm not sure Pepe Simo can win the GA, but I layed the 1.16. Ruby can do anything :)

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 Thanks guys. Appreciated :notworthy

You can lay Willie at 1.16 or back Pepe Simo at 25/1 if you fear him. I'm not sure Pepe Simo can win the GA' date=' but I layed the 1.16. Ruby can do anything :)[/quote'] This was a bad tip. Especially as he went 1.05 2 minutes after I posted :rollin

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 Grand National What A Friend 0.75pt win - 50/1 exchanges Only 25s at bookies, but money available on Betfair at 55, 50 and 44. People would tell you that horses don't win the national carrying so much weight, but I think Midnight Chase (if he runs) and What A Friend (trainer confirmed he runs) can go real close in 3 weeks time.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 Uttoxeter 1.55 Paquet Cadeau 0.5pt EW - 14/1 Speed Dating 1pt win - 9/4 The Henry Daly runner was a C&D winner over fences here after coming from France. Career has gone backwards since, but he was going really nice over 2m latest when unseating 4 out. Bedarra Boy and Baseball Ted were alongside him and both are in top form lately, so I think he was running a big race. 9lb lower over hurdles today and with yard finally finding the winners, I think he's worth a small EW bet. I'm not sure Beau Lake will like the drying ground. Lesanda is an uknown for Fahey, but I think my selection can be thereabouts and is a bet at the price. Fav is unexposed and will definitely improve handicapping. Flat form makes him well in here and AP is on board. Looks a plot.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 Ffos Las 3.45 My Shamwari 1pt win - 15/2 Palace Jester 0.75pt win - 3/1 Gambo 0.25pt win - 10/1 My Shamwari has been crying out for this trip. More galloping track will suit too. Wasn't knocked about lto when heavily backed. Today could be the day dropped few pounds by the handicapper and 15/2 at William Hill is value. Fav is a danger finishing 6L behind the Supreme Novices 2nd on his penultimate start. Lto was a bit disappointing, but switch to handicapping will see him go close here, so a saver is a must. Gambo didn't jump well on soft latest. Also warrents a saver, because he was progressive previously.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 Uttoxeter 3.00 Toby Jug 0.75pt EW - 22/1 Have to oppose the fav giving away so much weight here. The drying ground is going against him and will suit my selection. I think Toby Jug is still on the up and the handicapper has given him a great chance today. Running off 135 after winning over 2lbs higher in 2009. He hasn't been seen for more than a year, but I'm going to gamble. Trainer knows how to get them fit first time out. Also, I like Jack Doyle a lot in staying chases. He is excellent over fences and will give the horse confidence and get him into a rythm.

Grand National What A Friend 0.75pt win - 50/1 exchanges Only 25s at bookies, but money available on Betfair at 55, 50 and 44. People would tell you that horses don't win the national carrying so much weight, but I think Midnight Chase (if he runs) and What A Friend (trainer confirmed he runs) can go real close in 3 weeks time.
Milen, the word is that WaF goes for the Scottish National- where did you see confirmation that he goes for Aintree, as I too would be interested if he runs :ok