** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

bigprice selections

Is it possible i can keep this thread open for my own selections, just so i can monitor my progress? After selecting a 25/1 place on sunday (and a 25/1 unplace :cry), id like to keep a record of my results. as i say in my profile i wont be making any selections under 12/1. And i am 100% sure i can get some big priced winners/places. I have a selection in mind for monday. 6.10 southwell TAURUS TWINS 20/1+e/w trainer has a good record around here and is very underestimated. The selection was due to run last week in a much more easier race. I believe this horse is ready to run a cracker and has also done c.d.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: bigprice selections

Is it possible i can keep this thread open for my own selections, just so i can monitor my progress? After selecting a 25/1 place on sunday (and a 25/1 unplace :cry), id like to keep a record of my results. as i say in my profile i wont be making any selections under 12/1. And i am 100% sure i can get some big priced winners/places. I have a selection in mind for monday. 6.10 southwell TAURUS TWINS 20/1+e/w trainer has a good record around here and is very underestimated. The selection was due to run last week in a much more easier race. I believe this horse is ready to run a cracker and has also done c.d.
Am going to take your word on this one BP.:hope

the 20/1 was the suspected price i got from racingpost. It is actually 18.1 on betfair' date=' either way still juicy.[/quote'] Thats ok BP i will take a wee look in the morning and see whats what, but am taking a wee chance on it, if it doesn't come in whats a house i can always do the big issue. lol

Is it possible i can keep this thread open for my own selections, just so i can monitor my progress? After selecting a 25/1 place on sunday (and a 25/1 unplace :cry), id like to keep a record of my results. as i say in my profile i wont be making any selections under 12/1. And i am 100% sure i can get some big priced winners/places.
Of course it is mate :ok If possible, could you maybe keep a running P/L so others can see how well you are doing. Cheers and good luck :ok

6.55 windsor- WESTWOOD 16/1 e/w A good effort last december when second over this trip... could build on that. not sure on the ground conditions but has an experienced jockey.
:D:nana Sorry but im keeping this thread for my selections only- just to keep an eye on progress- hope you was on though.

:D:nana Sorry but im keeping this thread for my selections only- just to keep an eye on progress- hope you was on though.
GReat win well done many of us keep a thread of our own, using the points system on how strong we feel about selections then post our profits n losses!!

Re: bigprice selections Nice but i missed it fella, went down this morning and cant do online betting, but my eyes are on your work BP, very good start. lets get paid lol. Ps as my old Grandad used to say, ''if you go to bed at night with more money than you woke up with and you done sweet FA for it thats a good day. R.I.P that man, he knew his stuff with horses.

GReat win well done many of us keep a thread of our own' date=' using the points system on how strong we feel about selections then post our profits n losses!![/quote'] Could you /anyone explain how you work a points system out. Basically what i used do is, give every tip a virtual stake of £10 or £5 e/w. then work out costs and losses.... but that didnt help me out as it was virtual....actual would have been a profit nonetheless. But what i could do is rate a tip out of 5 for example, to show strenght in a selection.

6.55 windsor- WESTWOOD 16/1 e/w A good effort last december when second over this trip... could build on that. not sure on the ground conditions but has an experienced jockey.
Great way to announce your arrival on the scene, top stuff :clap:welcome

Re: bigprice selections Great pick on Westwood BIGPRICE :) I think, to rate your selections on a 1 to 5 scale is a good idea, how would you have rated Westwood using it? You have Taurus Twins (non runner) and Westwood as E/W, would they have been fairly low on this scale?

Great pick on Westwood BIGPRICE :) I think, to rate your selections on a 1 to 5 scale is a good idea, how would you have rated Westwood using it? You have Taurus Twins (non runner) and Westwood as E/W, would they have been fairly low on this scale?
i posted medieval maiden yesterday e/w...that came 2nd 25/1..i would have rated that 4, westwood i would have rated 4. taurus twins would have been 3.5. Sometimes though i make selections who have a rediculous price and that does put me off, ( you have to remember a horse doesnt know what price it is) thats the way to think in backing big price winners. but if i rate something 3+ id be tempted to go eachway depending on price/field size.... but il include all opinions and advice in write ups.

Re: bigprice selections 2.30 Lingfield commandingpresence 16/1 e/w a strenth rating of 3.5/5 (to place) If you looked at his form you would be put off straight away. But form doesnt necessarily tell a story. He has been unlucky in a few of his trips and was much improved last time when he was wearing headgear. Headgear is back on today so that will help. Again i think the jockey booking is eye catching and has a first run for the trainer. Other horse ahead in the market dont have excuses for their poor form so its hard to side with them. Backing this e/w is the best bet, but wouldnt suprise me if he won as calibre of the field is poor.

Could you /anyone explain how you work a points system out. Basically what i used do is, give every tip a virtual stake of £10 or £5 e/w. then work out costs and losses.... but that didnt help me out as it was virtual....actual would have been a profit nonetheless. But what i could do is rate a tip out of 5 for example, to show strenght in a selection.
So keep a record to the stakes you actually bet? Something similar to this: Selections 2 Non-runners 1 Winners 1 Placed (inc winners) 1 Stakes 10 Returns 110 (Based on 16/1 winner @ 5 e/w @ 1/4odds for place in 12 runner handicap) Profit 100 Yield 1000% (this will drop :D )

By BP' date= how very true, (( you have to remember a horse doesnt know what price it is) as my DAD says horses dont read the sporting life. BP your a wise man...
thank you, i try to be.:lol Iv been reading a few posts and can see there are some good tipsters on here......by end of next month hopefully i can fall into that category.:tongue2:hope

2.30 Lingfield commandingpresence 16/1 e/w a strenth rating of 3.5/5 (to place) If you looked at his form you would be put off straight away. But form doesnt necessarily tell a story. He has been unlucky in a few of his trips and was much improved last time when he was wearing headgear. Headgear is back on today so that will help. Again i think the jockey booking is eye catching and has a first run for the trainer. Other horse ahead in the market dont have excuses for their poor form so its hard to side with them. Backing this e/w is the best bet, but wouldnt suprise me if he won as calibre of the field is poor.
is now touching 9/1 with some firms......interesting.

Re: bigprice selections looked through cards... dont think the next big price selection will be til friday. il keep you posted though... like the 2 sucesses , i wont post until i have a strong belief in the selections....that way i can hopefully produce i profitable strike rate, without wasting money on 'maybe' selections.