** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

bigprice selections

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: bigprice selections

lol lets ave it.....
Im just doing some investigating, think one is going to be a unwise bet though because the price is daft, im going to sleep on it though, and see what the situation is in the morning,

Im just doing some investigating' date=' think one is going to be a unwise bet though because the price is daft, im going to sleep on it though, and see what the situation is in the morning,[/quote'] Though i have to remember- a horse doesnt know what price it is...

Re: bigprice selections 6.50 wolverhampton- NIMMY SPECIAL 18/1+ Lets rewind back till 13th october 08'...... The selection made his last appearance for b.smart over this c/d (wolver 7f) in a seller when 9/4fav. Finishing 4th/12 he was the unlucky runner in the race as he had nowhere to go, couldnt get a clear run throughout but halfway down the homestraight stayed on strongly, by then the race was won. i presumed he was claimed/sold but was no record of a bid after the race, so maybe this was a hush hush deal. So the horse went to m.mullineaux yard and 2 weeks later made his debut at leicester over 7f, again putting in good effort finishing 3rd/17 at 25/1. Now, im going to play detective on this. Knowing that after a good run ,mullineaux knew he isnt going to get a big price for nimmys special any time soon, so he sent her to wolverhampton with a trip of an extra 2f- 3 times in a row she had ran this distance- without much success....I believe mullineaux knew that would be the case. So after 3 poor efforts over a distance that wasnt suitable, runs today BACK TO 7F- with a massive price of 18/1.. The downside is its, mullineaux.........i dont rate him, he only had 1 winner this season and that came 2 days ago with methaly at 16/1.... so will lightening strike twice? maybe........it has to be considered e/w at least. The fact is the horse is a massive price for a distance we know he can perform well at, and a course he does well at.

Not looking good mate has been matched at 95 on BF currently 40's and 25's with the bookies:\
yeah was just looking at the betting......im not a fan of mulineaux but doesnt make sense......is mullineaux that bad a trainer? either mullineaux is very crap or very clever. by race time bookies will be offering 50's

Re: bigprice selections Dont think il be about tomorrow so just posting some selections i think will be e/w value. prices at the moment are as advised by racingpost 6.40 Leicester -SAIF AL FAHAD 20/1 ew This is going to be a good sprinter. A great first run of the year in a class 2 , btn by 3lenghts at chester. This is much easier 3.00 nottingham. THUMBERLINA 25/1 ew Always worth following when christine dunnett takes her horses on a trip. Last 3 runs on turf have been good efforts and sure to be on premises this time around.- if this fails to place, then a small punt on yakama 12/1 in the 5.00 could be value. as its same trainer/jockey combo

• 6 months later...

Re: bigprice selections damn its good to be back !!!!!!!!!!!!! did u miss me :lol 2.05 newbury VERY COOL 25/1 EW A very good ew bet imo. suprised to see david pipe hasnt got many runners at a big meeting. 2nd/3rd string jockey j farrelly steps down and scudamore takes the ride.

Re: bigprice selections thanks mate, good to be back, havent had alot of time to myself past few months, with work & family stuff, anyway another few for today 8.30 dundalk LIBERTY ISLAND 12/1 nap Im going for a straight forward win here. He has had some great runs here, and should be hard to beat. 9.00 dundalk blue ridge lane 16/1 ew Hmmm. Interesting- i actually liked this one on form and abit of money is coming in for it,.....was second on his only attempt over this distance, lower in the weights, has a good e/w chance.