** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

English Greyhound Derby 2009

Re: English Greyhound Derby 2009 Heat 5 : Selection 1-6-4 The token 'Nobody gives a damn apart from the connections' heat. Headford Honcho is taken as a value option to pip Barnfield Slippy for the honours here which will be running on like a demon, but could find one too good.Baran Pedro is a bit of a fossilt, but can qualify at a decent price as its well housed Heat 6 : Selection 6-1-5 Im going for a bit of a shocker here, and tipping young superstar Bandicoot Tipoki to get caught napping here and find itself crashing out in round 2.There are three strong runners in this heat that could give it a shock, and Droopys Maestro impressed enough in round 1 to take this. Its plotted up next to Westmead Ace that will have to remove its slippers before crawling out of the traps and will win from Head Iton Ellis who proved last week it is an intelligent runner that can weave through the field.Westmead Ace has enough to chase down the other runners. Lenson Flash will have to clean up its act to finish on the podium here Heat 7: Selection 4-6-5 Fatboyz Nodrog ran up to its name - or atleast its first syllabel - in the opening heats and looked like it needed a run and sneaked through in fourth. I anticipate a much improved run from the rated performer here but will find one too good in Wise Thought who is still a top contender in my eyes. Droopys Taffy surprised me in the action last week and a repeat performance can see it through. Malbay Fletcher will very much like his namesake see red when its left at the back by the last bend and find itself missing out on the next round. Heat 8 : Selection 3-5-1 Farloe Reason showed it hasnt lost any of its lust for the action last week and impressed me no end to make a statement that it is very much in top contenders this year. It could have too much out of the boxes for Boherna Best, who lacked his usual zip after coming together with a neighbour in its opener.Boherna is still a class act though and I foresee a great tussle down the back for the honours.Directors Fire can take third in a difficult heat for the other three.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: English Greyhound Derby 2009 My selections for tomorrow nights opening half of second round action Heat 1 20.00 Greenwell River @ 3/1 Heat 2 20.15 Southern Sunset @ 5/1 Heat 3 20.30 Tyrur Hestor @ 15/8 Heat 4 20.45 Cash Dream @ 11/10 Heat 5 21.00 Drumna Willow @ 3/1 Heat 6 21.15 Bandicoot Tipoki @ evs Heat 7 21.30 Wise Thought @ 4/6 (5/6 was available when Bluesq opened up but unsurprisingly this has been hoovered up rapidly) Heat 8 21.45 Boherna Best @ 11/8

Re: English Greyhound Derby 2009 Heat 9 : Marbeck Wonder 8/1 Paddy Power - Massive Price will go off much shorter Heat 10 : Coolavanny Dart 11/2 William Hill Heat 11 : Windy Millar 6/4 Sky Bet - Nap Heat 12 : Shelbourne Aston 1/2 Blue Square Heat 13 : Ja Mann 5/2 William Hill Heat 14 : Droopys Noel 6/1 Sky Bet - Superb Value Heat 15 : Barnfield On Air 8/1 Stan James - Ludicrous price if back to best Heat 16 : Eye Eye Pickle 4/1 William Hill

Re: English Greyhound Derby 2009

Friday Heat Results
8:00 Greenwell River 3/1 4 x 1 x 3 13.63 45.07 P Flaherty 28.61
8:15 Cabra Boss 5/4F 6 x 2 x 1 10.18 18.83 E McNair 28.88
8:30 Toosey Blue 10/1 6 x 2 x 3 86.20 187.48 A W Dean 28.89
8:45 Kindred Sparky NR:Droopys Nicola (T4 vacant) 6/1 6 x 1 x 2 44.03 — M Wallis 29.13
9:00 Drumna Willow 7/4J 3 x 6 x 5 5.12 11.94 M Locke 29.09
9:15 Bandicoot Tipoki EvsF 2 x 1 x 6 4.04 8.40 C Lister 28.77
9:30 Wise Thought 8/11F 4 x 1 x 2 12.51 30.45 M White 29.22
9:45 Boherna Best NR:Directors Fire (T1 vacant) 6/4 5 x 4 x 3 44.35 — B Draper 28.59
There were some almighty upsets last night, including the loss of Fatboyz Nodrog and Tyrur Hestor

Re: English Greyhound Derby 2009 Round 3: Saturday 16th May 3 qualify from each heat Heat 1 : 6-1-2 Deanridge Fury Heat 2 : 6-2-3 Cabra Boss nap Heat 3 : 4-1-3 Drumna Willow Heat 4 : 5-1-6 Boherna Best Heat 5 : 4-3-2 Melodys Pat Heat 6 : 2-1-4 Glenard Sunrise Heat 7 : 6-4-1 Dotland Hitman Heat 8 : 1-4-6 Cash Dream nb

Re: English Greyhound Derby 2009 Congratulations on your 0 out of 8 tipping performance last night Hickie. :lol Only kidding mate that's the way it goes sometimes ;). The 3rd quarter final is an unbelivably strong race, heat of death dosen't begin to do it justice. There is so much early pace in the race I feel Shelbourne Aston may be left with too much to do off the penultimate bend and could be going home. The other three heats look fairly open and shut cases although nothing can be taken for granted at the dreaded first bend. I've still got four of my antepost selections going strong and await Tuesday nights action with excitement and plenty of hope if not quite expectation.

Congratulations on your 0 out of 8 tipping performance last night Hickie. :lol Only kidding mate that's the way it goes sometimes ;). The 3rd quarter final is an unbelivably strong race, heat of death dosen't begin to do it justice. There is so much early pace in the race I feel Shelbourne Aston may be left with too much to do off the penultimate bend and could be going home. The other three heats look fairly open and shut cases although nothing can be taken for granted at the dreaded first bend. I've still got four of my antepost selections going strong and await Tuesday nights action with excitement and plenty of hope if not quite expectation.
Indeed it wasnt the best night of tipping I have ever had. Im getting my bad night out of the way early this year, so I can clean up on the terraces on Derby Final night.Heat 3 is indeed of the upmost quality, and I reckon the Derby final itself wont be as classy as this race. This will allow a couple of sly outsiders to sneak through unnoticed to the semi-final stages and I reckon Cabra Fly at 33/1 and Glenard Surprise at 20/1 have got a better set-up than they could possibly have hoped for at this stage. The latter looks still to be receiving less credit than its runs suggest, and I will be lumping on before the quarter finals as I fully expect this dog to reach the final and be a threat to any of the three protagonists that will survive the heat of death, which will be tighter than a nuns arse

Re: English Greyhound Derby 2009 My radar is slightly off dogwise in the last few weeks and therefore I have avoided posting. Let us see if my luck changes this evening As always I back two dogs - one as a saver Heat 1 20.45 My main bet this evening is for the new AP favourite Wise thought. Loves the striped jacket and is flying in the heats. My only concern is from Trap 5 - if it moves right at the lids and bumps WT. Will back the Fury as a saver if the price for WT moves out a little but I doubt it! Main bet came up trumps - Wise Thought left it till the final stretch:nana Heat 2 21.05 Difficult one to call here - all of a much of a muchness about this heat. I like Droopys Quinta but my head says Cabra Boss. Therefore if the odds are right I will back both Oh dear:$ Heat 3 21.20 Looks like a final rather than a heat. All of Listers big names in one race...Charlie does not always have the rub of the green at Wimbledon but I think the winner will be one of Listers dogs. If I were brave I would have traps 1,2,3 in a tricast. I tipped Fear and Shelbourne ante post Traps 2 and 3 for me - Fear and Tipoki but I may swerve this, still unsure The swerve was the right choice Ballymac romped home;) Heat 4 21.40 Glenard and Windy for me here. Forecast perhaps? On form and the clock and the draw one of these should win it and that reminds me of the famous Motto commentary...."and Smith must score":$ Glenard ...whooosh :nana Well that's put the kybers on a few dogs for this evening! I like the 20.30 race on the Wimbledon card this evening. Trap 4 the young White Blaze is trading at 12/1 and could be in with a shout. Going up in distance and maybe worth an each way nibble...but just a nibble mind you, no need to unbutton the shirt or look for the house deeds Still running apparently:$ Good luck with all your choices tonight and remember that these are the ramblings of a rank amateur:gimme A little bit of profit on the night courtesy of Wise Thought and I have only one AP dog left in the competition - Fear Zafonic - the dog is still looking for a favourable draw

Re: English Greyhound Derby 2009 So we are 1 step away from final night. One night away from the connections having the best buzz in racing. One colossal Droopys Lomasi like start from clinching a final birth. One brave swoop at the first bend to challenge down the back straight to fight for a place in the final.Alot have come and gone, favourites have scraped through, and even a couple of rags are still in with a chance and here are the details for the semi-finals: First 1 Jogadusc Ace - has done well to make it this far, in the opening round looked like it was running out of gas, yet thanks to its early dash has been able to sneak through this far and even gave current favourite Wise Thought plenty to think about in the previous round.Currently available at 33/1 ante post and 14s for the heat, this could give Zafonic and Ruso cause for concern at the first.I reckon this will be a shock qualifier for the final and possibly the race 2 Fear Zafonic - has been the ante post jolly for the majority of the action, but after a couple of problematic draws finds itself vying for favouritism with Ruso and Wise Thought. There is no doubt if this was a race in a straight line this would be difficult to beat, but I see it getting stuck behind trap 1 and the bend and will be all out to qualify. 3 Ballymac Ruso - Has been much more consistent than I thought it would be, after warming up for the competition in worse form than any of the others.It has been almost faultless in the heats, but I really do feel that if it doesnt ping out and by all form its due a shocker, I feel its run could come to an end. 4 Shelbourne Denny (m) : Looked at backing it at massive odds ante post but left it.The Irish love to win this competition, and if this dog can sneak through the green hats will be on display at Plough Lane a week on Saturday.It will be at the back at the first bend and hope come through up the inner, and try and catch the likes of trap 1 of the final bend. Surely cant cope with the pace of the inside railers though, as it would need mass carnage to be close enough to win 5 Wise Thought (w): New ante post jolly, and has a better draw than it could have asked for at this stage. It will blitz awat from rag trap 6 in the first few metres and have too much for most of these of the second bend. 6 Stop The Show (w): Done well to make the final but at 66/1 ante post still, I cant see it competing here.The final curtain awaits. Selection 1-5-2 Second 1 Glenard Sunrise. Rewarded backers against Windy Millar in the last round, I am flabbergasted to see that the bookies have woken up and priced it at 7/2 for the heat.It should be favourite! If it can get away from Reason at the start it wont look back and duly land a place in the final. 2Farloe Reason. If this wins the final, it would get a reaction akin to Westmead Hawk.Almost an old timer now, this is the last chance of glory. Imagine Bruno against Tyson.Bad Example.Anyway, this is heat jolly and will be up there at the first bend and no dog deservies its final spot more. 3 Kinda Ready Hasnt exactly been electric at the lids, but at 100/1 ante post could reward punters by landing the trophy next week. It will have to come from clouds off the final bend. 4 Love Mac.Another who will stay on around the 4th bend, and has exceeded last years quarter final berth here.Will it find a couple too good though once again.I think so. 5 Cabra Boss (w) Still a tasty 25/1 ante post, this has to clear the outside pair at the traps or frankly its fcked. 6 Bubbly Maestro (w). Great performance in the quarters, but if it breaks like that again, I will to a naked moonwalk down the run up. Owned by the champagne syndicate. Selection 1-2-3 This would make Wise Thought absolutely plotted up for the final

Re: English Greyhound Derby 2009 Semi Final One Jogadusc Ace - The dog formally known as Mountjoy gold has done tremendously well to get this far and if it traps like it did Tuesday night every chance of making it to the showpiece finale. Its a big ask to rocket out in back to back races, only the very elite tend to do this. Fear Zafonic is a certainty to dive for the rail and I see the ace hitting a brick wall at the first bend and being left with an insummountable task to make the frame. Fear Zafonic - Probably the fastest dog in the competition and has overcome a shocking run of draws to still be well and truely at the forefront of the contenders. Plenty of early pace to win the race to the bend with the red jacket, a top three place should be there for the taking if he tracks Ruso into the back straight. Ballymac Ruso - An exceptionally talented greyhound who has flattered to deceive so far before getting a hall of fame start in its quarter final. According to the rp stats his sectional was the fastest ever for a Wimbledon derby heat. Difficult to imagine him quite hitting in the same fashion again Saturday but trap 2 will give him room on the inner and trap 4 will barely have woken up before Ruso is away and gone. I'll take it to lead up, 2 or 5 may beat it to the line but nothing else will nailed on for the final. Shelbourne Denny - Going to face a similar route to qualification that his namesake Aston tackled on Tuesday, the far superior dog couldn't manage it this one won't either, get the ferry booked. Wise Thought - Antepost jolly and not difficult to see why, baring accidents which are potentially hard to see should enjoy an unchallenged romp around the outside and can take the spoils before carrying the hopes of the big hitters in the final. Stop The Show - Showed surprising early on Tuesday before checking badly and almost taking Windy Millars back legs clean off at the second bend. Will need big trouble inside to qualify and I don't see, I for one won't be sad to see it bow out after my 66s on Windy Millar was cruelly taken from me in such tragic circumstances :wall. Verdict 5-3-2

Re: English Greyhound Derby 2009 Semi Final Two Glenard Sunrise - Well I agree this dog has gone under the radar somewhat there is now a danger of making too much of it. His time on Tuesday was decent but not spectacular and I'm confident the Millar would have done him for back straight pace. In any case I see a big struggle to the first bend with Farloe Reason, every chance these too could cause some big bother for each other and if they turned off the pace you'd have to fancy the allround abilities of the Lister hound to win the scrap for qualification. Farloe Reason - Still retains all his ability and was gaining on Ruso towards the line on Tuesday and all this after being squeezed on the run up by the tussle between 2 & 3. As I have mentioned above I think trouble with the 1 is an odds on shot but should recover to make the final. Kinda Ready - An intersting dog, Mark Wallis rates it as potentially the best he has put a lead on and that has to count for something. Looked well and truely cooked on Tuesday after flopping at the boxes and being baulked at the third arc before unleasing a mighty finishing kick to claim the final qualification berth. I can see him tucking in behind 1 & 2 and with luck in running has enough to claim at least a third place finish. Love Mac - Another dog who can finish strongly and is no kipper from the boxes. More of a jack of all trades rather than a master of one and with possibly 2 and 3 finishing quickly in all probability the coffin will see the death of his campaign. Cabra Boss - This is the value dog of the race for me. Been in good form throughout and posted consistently fast times. Will turn handy and with 1 & 2 getting in each others way I can see the boss getting on top into the back straight, strong enough to repel late challenges this hound can give those North of the border something to shout about come final night. Bubbly Maestro - Produced the shock of the competition so far with his performance in the quarters. I'll be praying he doesn't reproduce it on Saturday as the sight of a naked Hickie is enough to spoil anyones evening. Seriuosly though I do not envisage a repeat and well the dog does finish strongly, so do plenty others in this heat the Bollie will stay in the chiller for another year Verdict 5-3-2

6 Bubbly Maestro (w). Great performance in the quarters, but if it breaks like that again, I will to a naked moonwalk down the run up. Owned by the champagne syndicate.
Take care Kev - the nights are still nippy;)

Re: English Greyhound Derby 2009 Well its been great reading your views over the last 3weeks or more on this years DERBY, Went on saturday for the semis and loved it, but found it hard to get really stuck in, so difficult to really fancy anything that strongly? The final seems just the same for me...has ZAFONIC finally got he's REDBOX and will burst out and turn left??...Im not so sure, to me he looks like a dog who is struggling to recapture his trapping boots, maybe with all the bumping and barging he's taken through the comp has taking its toll..over the years ive witnessed many dogs who have for whatever reason, lost their EARLY PACE..and then started to stay on better, which i think ZAFONIC, confirmed by making the final?, but the way my luck is at the moment he will pop out and its good night, but i think its a hard call. As for serious punting props....i think ive found one for final night..and wont be put off, really lumping on this! There is probably 2 or 3 dogs infront of my fancy, for the CHAMPION HURDLE, BUT IF YOU WATCHED THE 3 QUALIFIERS, THE RUN OF THE NIGHT WAS BY.....FOREST TYSON......Yes, i know he jumped like a novice and lost ground over at least 2 of the obstacles, but with more track craft in my book, get on!, from four he could pop out and lead all the way, i dont care about track record holders or champion jumpers, with normal improvement, to me 6/1 odds with blue sq, is MASSIVE, i'am BUZZING over this one, and hopefully will be celebrating like the good old days come this saturday night, be lucky, would love to hear your views on FOREST TYSON?. regards....

Re: English Greyhound Derby 2009 Sorry mate but I disagree. Platinumlancelot is the best hurdler in the country by a mile and the 9/4 has to be taken. It will be clear off the first and win by a few lengths. The SP is going to be 5/4, 6/4 tops and ranks as a banker.

Re: English Greyhound Derby 2009 I'm a bit out of touch Kev with the dogs, which sometimes can be a help, or an embarrasement, going on what i witnessed the other night, i thought FOREST TYSON was really unlucky in running, perhaps i will fcst him up with the LANCELOT, or even back him E.W with BLUESQUARE at 6's, pays 6/4 a place 1,2, but he wont be far away with a clear!, anyway you'll hear me, if he's on LANCELOTS bottle, going round the second.......EYE! EYE!..regards mate....

Sorry mate but I disagree. Platinumlancelot is the best hurdler in the country by a mile and the 9/4 has to be taken. It will be clear off the first and win by a few lengths. The SP is going to be 5/4' date= 6/4 tops and ranks as a banker.
i dissagree....watched PLANTINUMLANCELOT on bags at sittingbourne,he was far from impressive in just beating a bunch of 2nd rate hurdlers,his run in CH heats did little to dispell those thoughts..... the draw in T3 could be hazordous for this early paced railer,a far better dog from T1,he will need to bullet out of the traps as i,m sure he will head for the rails on the run up....the game will be up if he not at least a length in front off the second bend.

BLUE SQUARE-- ENGLISH DERBY FINAL 2009--WimbledonUK30 MAY 2009Race 11OR 480 mDetailed Card
NameSexDobColorSireDamDateTrackDistGradeDogsPostsFinETime
1 Fear ZafonicmOCT 2006BKPremier FantasyFarloe Oyster23 MAY 09Wimbledon480 / 525 FOR6D329.16
2 Ballymac RusomMAY 2006FBallymac MaeveBallymac Lark23 MAY 09Wimbledon480 / 525 FOR6D128.57*
3 Farloe ReasonmMAR 2006BKDroopys MaldiniFarloe Oyster23 MAY 09Wimbledon480 / 525 FOR6D329.07
4 Glenard SunrisemAPR 2007BKHades Rocket *Mossley Jo23 MAY 09Wimbledon480 / 525 FOR6D128.87*
5 Kinda ReadymAPR 2007BEJust the BestKinda Sleepy23 MAY 09Wimbledon480 / 525 FOR6D229.00
6 Wise ThoughtmJUN 2006BKClimate ControlSierra Mist23 MAY 09Wimbledon480 / 525 FOR6D228.69
Fear has its favoured red jacket but no dog has won the Derby from Trap One. Fear keeps missing the break and getting bumped on the first corner. Wise Thought has its favoured stripes. On form Ballymac is the dog to beat and Glenard is off to some flyers. Therefore quite a conundrum. It could be that Fear has lost the early pace but just needs the rail but the flyers of Glenard and Ballymac could leave them standing. If there is any bumping, I guess Wise Thought might profit from that scenario I am going with Ballymac 11/4 and and a saver with Wise Thought 11/4

Re: English Greyhound Derby 2009 Well its going to be a cracking night with a cracking final. Following on from the FA Cup final in the afternoon, I reckon the supporting card is truly worthy of the occasion. Alot of the best dogs of the year will be in attendance including a tasty meeting between Midway Skipper and Flying Winner, the latter owned by gambling guru Harry Findlay.As for final itself its a difficult one to call. Even Kinda Ready has a chance, although it hasnt been trapping in the competition it has shown decent early in other traps and who knows this could end up being the time when it gets itself handy to challenge.Favourite will surely be Ballymac Ruso who has been providing sectionals that the others could only dream of, and if it breaks like in the quarter finals it will win. Fear Zafonic finally has its trap 1, and is sure to be a threat against the rail even if it doesnt lead, if its handy could over power its early speed rivals during the back straight.The roar when the draw was made and it received trap a said it all.Wise Thought is plotted to the hills, and should secure the smoothest path to ensure atleast a top 3 finish.Farloe Reason has been great over the last couple of years and has posted the second best time of the finalists behind Ruso.Glenard Sunrise is the youngest in the race, and is capable of ruffling a few feathers at the first bend and is a tasty price of 10/1.Its great to see a final with alot of the top dog entrees present, and the bookies will take a hammering if its anything but a Kinda Ready win.Overall though I have to make a selection, and am doing so based on the prices at the moment and my pick will be 4-3-6

Re: English Greyhound Derby 2009 Good supporting card for Wimbledon - lots of major players on show:nana Here is my twopenneth ;) 8.05 480M Traps 4 and 6 Windy will be hard to catch and Cabra, just edged out of a final place will be right on the heels on the last bend Trap 4 Windy - non runner - left with the 6 dog Cabra Whoooooosh......Trap 6 9/4:nana 8.25 668M Traps 1 and 3 Trap 1 loves the red jacket, good early toe and trap 3 is an excellent local runner 2nd :wall 8.45 480M Plate Final Trap 4 Ninja is a difficult dog to fathom. It posted under 28.50 in the heats - quicker than any of the derby finalists! With a decent break it should win this contest but because it is Ninja - going with a saver if the odds on Ninja are out with trap 3 The saver on 3....Whooooosh:notworthy Ninja second - that dog infuriates me at times 9.05 480M Trap 1 and 6 Elite is going into this contest on a good winning streak and can add to that. See the main danger from the wide runner in 6 in Kindred Sparky 2nd and 3rd beaten by Lenson Ex,,,close but no cigar;) 9.25 460M Hurdles Cracking race in prospect - the race on current form seems to be between Traps 3 and 4 a race to watch and enjoy:ok Whooosh...Trap 3 - Kev's nap comes home:nana 9.45 872M Traps 6 and 2 Trap 5 will probably line up favourite but it seems out of form, therefore going to take on the favourite Trap 5 falters but Bubbly Eagle in Trap 1 takes the prize:unsure 10.12 480M DERBY FINAL Trap3 (Nap) Saver with trap 6 Trap 5 wins :$ and makes mugs out of most of us - form book out of the window but as my signature says...every dog has his day Well done to Fintron:ok Remember these?

Good luck if you are off to Wimbledon Saturday night:hope

GREYHOUNDS LATEST NEWS
spacer.gif
greyhounds.jpg
TALK OF THE TRACKS Irish-trained horses swamp the entry for the Investec Derby at Epsom next week but for once they are not represented in the greyhound version at Wimbledon on Saturday night. Only Shelbourne Denny made it to the semi-finals but he trailed in fifth behind the big three of Ballymac Ruso, Wise Thought and Fear Zafonic. "The big disappointment of the final is there's no Irish in there," said Channel 4's racing pundit John McCririck. "They have nearly always had one in the final and they do light it up. "The Derby at Epsom is full of Irish runners, but there's none in the Derby at Wimbledon. They had nothing outstanding and never put in an effective challenge." Even so, the stage is set for a vintage renewal of the Blue Square Derby final - worth £100,000 to the winner - and the ebullient McCririck is convinced it is all down to him. He made the draw after the semi-finals last weekend and picked out ante-post favourite Fear Zafonic for trap one. In all the previous five rounds Charlie Lister's had failed to bag his preferred box. "I made the final. If Fear Zafonic had been anywhere else the whole thing would have been a shambles," he went on. "It's given him an absolute plum draw and it's a fantastic final. "He's been running badly from awful traps. I thought he looked very tired last week and he did very well to get through. "They have been racing on the Saturday, the Tuesday and the Saturday. It is tough for greyhounds, it's something they don't normally do, and Charlie Lister has had a week to get him back. "There are ifs and buts about him but on his best form, he's a real class dog. It's a tremendous final anyway, one of the best I can ever remember. Five railers and one wide runner, it's absolutely perfect. "Ballymac Ruso (trap two) has produced the best splits ever seen at Wimbledon, but if there's carnage on the inside, the six dog (Wise Thought) could go clear and three, four, and five aren't out of it either on their best form." However, no dog wearing the red jacket has won the top prize in greyhound racing since it moved from White City in 1985. "I am a stats man and that is the most absurd stat - 24 Derbies at Wimbledon and no trap one has won it, yet in races all the year round it's the second best trap," remarked McCririck. "On all other stats for races over 460 and 480 metres, it's where you want to be if you're a railer." That is why McCririck plumped for one being the successful trap in a charity bet with the sponsors. "Blue Square were offering 6-1 at the hacks' lunch so while everyone else was picking their dogs I thought I would go for trap one. Whatever the stat it's a pretty good price for a railer and Fear Zafonic was ante-post favourite at the time," he added. McCririck's Channel 4 colleague Tanya Stevenson is looking forward to the premier Classic, both professionally and personally. She is an owner with Coventry trainer Matt Dartnall responsible for Ballymac Ruso and Glenard Sunrise, and will be at the final as a floor manager for Sky Sports. "This will be the 13th year I'll be leading the dogs out on parade and I've got some interest owning a dog with Matt, who has a couple in the final which is incredible for him at his tender age of training," she said. "When I look at the draw, because of the Derby roar I oppose trap six, Wise Thought, and I was disappointed with him last time. "Charlie Lister is a genius trainer. He's brought Zafonic and (Farloe) Reason through slowly and they haven't shown their true worth yet, but both are in the final. "I think it's a year too early for Mark Wallis' dog Kinda Ready, but he deserves a lot of credit for being in the final so quickly. "Ballymac Ruso looks like Loyal Honcho a year ago when he won it the way he has trapped, but with Reason and Zafonic sandwiching him up I have to go for Glenard Sunrise. "People will underestimate him, the times may not be there but he's the quiet dog of the competition. There's no flashiness with him, no fussiness whatsoever. "I know I'm leaving myself wide open as the whole world will be on either Ballymac Ruso or Wise Thought. "I think it's a fantastic draw because there were no complications of anything crashing into anything else. "It's an awesome card tomorrow and whatever happens in the final, Charlie Lister can win the Derby Plate with Ninja Jamie. I don't like Chris Lund's Flying Winner in the Marathon. He seemed to hate Wimbledon last time." The sponsors fear McCririck's handy work could cost them dear. Blue Square's Alan Alger said: "Having offered six places on our ante-post prices we are already suffering from a number of fancied dogs making the final. "The advantage is that it makes for a fantastic race. With trap one Fear Zafonic getting the draw he wants, the 25-year jinx from the red jacket could be over come Sunday morning."

Re: English Greyhound Derby 2009 Great work above Teabag.Im writing this thread from an internet cafe in Wimbledon, after flying down from my base in Edinburgh at 8am this morning.Picked up an rp in the airport, spent the time studying the form and have now lumped on :cow Im on glenars sunrise at 10/1 in the final, hopefully it will crack out and make all.Im off to Plough Lane this evening, hope everyone who is there enjoys the showpiece, and everyone watching on Sky has a good night. My nap is still Platinumlancelot who I notice has also been napped in the post. Enjoy the proceedings ladies and gents :hope

Re: English Greyhound Derby 2009 I've been to the last 4 derby finals. Always spectacular nights. Can't make it tonight but hope everyone who is going enjoys it and nails plenty of winners on what looks a truly fantastic card :clap

Great work above Teabag.Im writing this thread from an internet cafe in Wimbledon' date=' after flying down from my base in Edinburgh at 8am this morning.Picked up an rp in the airport, spent the time studying the form and have now lumped on :cow Im on [b']glenars sunrise at 10/1 in the final, hopefully it will crack out and make all.Im off to Plough Lane this evening, hope everyone who is there enjoys the showpiece, and everyone watching on Sky has a good night. My nap is still Platinumlancelot who I notice has also been napped in the post. Enjoy the proceedings ladies and gents :hope
Thanks Kev - hope you enjoy the night and come away with a bit of profit Glenars is by no means out of it - the dog has good early toe and is an improving sort - there will be a few surprises tonight - the biggest if Fear Zafonic wins in Trap 1 - which would mark the first 1 box winner since the Derby went to Wimbledon Platinum has an excellent chance but has to be wary of the dog in the next trap - should be a great race Good luck to all tonight:ok

Re: English Greyhound Derby 2009 Good luck tonight lads. Don't have a clue when it comes to the dogs and not a form studier for the bags as I never bet on them normally, made an exception tonight and used up some loose change on trap five to win by under a length at 28/1 with Coral. No idea what the horse has achieved or whatever its name is, but in a six dog race thought it was more likely to come off than getting three numbers on the lotto :D

Good luck tonight lads. No idea what the horse has achieved or whatever its name is,
A horse in a dog race - you really dont have a clue to you ! :tongue2 Seriously though, well done - that bit of luck never goes amiss :clap:clap

Re: English Greyhound Derby 2009 Cheers lads. Wish I could have offered some proper reasoning for the dog and others may have followed, but this was a pure luck bet, good and proper. I used to play Centre half and wear a number 5 jersey, so went for trap five. Didn't know it was 25/1 just to win, would have been safer just backing that rather than 28/1 to win by under a length!!!