** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

English Greyhound Derby 2009

Re: English Greyhound Derby 2009 I thought fear zafonic was home down the back and was counting my money! Great nights racing. Had a couple winners throughout the card so not all that bad. Ninja jamie not winning was a bummer though. Bring on next weeks derby now!!!!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: English Greyhound Derby 2009 Great work in this thread guys proved a very interesting read although dont spend as much time on the dogs these days do still enjoy them I was on ninja jamie for derby so i was well out bloody dog just cant run consistently can it!! lol!!! Well done fintron lady luck was on your side tonight lol!!!

Re: English Greyhound Derby 2009

Good luck tonight lads. Don't have a clue when it comes to the dogs and not a form studier for the bags as I never bet on them normally, made an exception tonight and used up some loose change on trap five to win by under a length at 28/1 with Coral. No idea what the horse has achieved or whatever its name is, but in a six dog race thought it was more likely to come off than getting three numbers on the lotto :D
These guys have put soooooo much work and time into this thread, and then you saunter in and do THAT :rollin :spank :spank Well done on the thread guys :clap and well done Fintron :lol :ok

These guys have put soooooo much work and time into this thread, and then you saunter in and do THAT :rollin :spank :spank Well done on the thread guys :clap and well done Fintron :lol :ok
Yeah :lol didn't mean my post with any disrespect to the others guys though. A lot of time has been spent on this thread going through the preliminaries and stuff and those lads would have been more deserving winners. Oh well, swings and roundabouts this betting game.

...every dog has his day;)

...every dog has his day;)
And even some horses :lol .....
Good luck tonight lads. Don't have a clue when it comes to the dogs and not a form studier for the bags as I never bet on them normally, made an exception tonight and used up some loose change on trap five to win by under a length at 28/1 with Coral. No idea what the horse has achieved or whatever its name is, but in a six dog race thought it was more likely to come off than getting three numbers on the lotto :D

Ive started another thread under the horse racing section but I'll add my selections to this thread as well. All bets 1pt e/w 1/4 odds 6 places (a place in the final and the each way money is in the bag - this offer with most likely be reduced to 4 places once the competition gets underway so get on now!)
Tyrur Hestor skybet66-1
Bandicoot Tipoki skybet40-1
Windy Millar skybet66-1
Farloe Merlin skybet100-1
Farloe Reason totes40-1
Kinda Ready boyles100-1
Thurlsbeg Joker skybet50-1
Now that im sober enough to type I can revel in my antepost glory. As i initially stated I was over the moon with Honcho last year at 50s but to land the big one with Kinda Ready at 100/1 was amazing. Screamed it home up the the run in and celebrated with the connections who were stood over my shoulder on the terraces. Simply unreal buzz when it collared Zafonic, where do I go from here find a 200/1 winner next year!! :cheers:nana:nana:cheers:beer:beer

Re: English Greyhound Derby 2009 Truly great selection that Jimbo :clap:clap:clap. I thought Zafonic was going to defy the 1 dog curse but got caught in the home straight. Hope you made yourself plenty of wedge with that mate :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy. Well done all who contributed to a truly great thread with plenty of winners, not excluding of course, the winner outright at 100/1 :nana:nana. PS, Jimmy, I look forward to the 200/1 shot next year ;).

Re: English Greyhound Derby 2009 Cheers Kev :clap its nice to get some recognition when you manage to get it right, god knows there are enough times when it goes tits up. Hope everyone enjoyed the thread and if I helped anyone make a few quid with my selections then great. Shelbourne Park for the next big one and i'm sure myself and Mr Hickie will do our best to dig out the best bets for you all over in the emerald isle. One last :cheers for Mark Wallis and Kinda Ready and im off for some much needed kip.

Cheers Kev :clap its nice to get some recognition when you manage to get it right, god knows there are enough times when it goes tits up. Hope everyone enjoyed the thread and if I helped anyone make a few quid with my selections then great. Shelbourne Park for the next big one and i'm sure myself and Mr Hickie will do our best to dig out the best bets for you all over in the emerald isle. One last :cheers for Mark Wallis and Kinda Ready and im off for some much needed kip.
well done Jimmy, superb price on the five dog :clap:clap