** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

English Greyhound Derby 2009

Re: English Greyhound Derby 2009 Following on from Kev's predictions for the first six heats I will post prices for each of the races. I have priced each heat up to a 100% book, each price is therefore a true reflection of each dogs chances and in theory anything bigger offered by the bookmakers represents a value bet.

Heat 1 Heat 2 Heat 3 Heat 4 Heat 5 Heat 6
Droopys Noel21/20Masterful6/1Outandgoodnight20/1Ballymac UnderevsCabra Cool3/1Ninja Jamie8/15
Ja Mann5/6Fear Zafonic4/6Pat Mustard16/1Mill Pinpoint8/1Blonde Dino10/1
Melodys Pat21/10Tristar Dean25/1Jesters Nap4/1Fabulous Quest9/1Fatboyz Nodrog2/1Drumna Willow14/1
Mistley Colonel12/1Lazerus6/1Glynnscross Mal66/1Barnfield Slippy9/1Droopys Quinta14/1Lenson Joker10/1
Romeo Out West40/1Droopys Taffy12/1Greenwell River7/1Droopys Maestro5/1Westmead Ace5/1Rocky Rocket28/1
Droopys Nicola40/1Greenwell Post12/1Kellsboro Reject20/1Spot The Man11/1Southern Sunset14/1King Edward10/1

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: English Greyhound Derby 2009 The rest of Fridays card heats 7-12

Heat 7 Heat 8 Heat 9 Heat 10 Heat 11 Heat 12
Kryptonite5/1Kengyelfuto Snow9/1 Headford Honcho50/1Droopys Lee3-1Centaur Allstar11/4
Romeo Del Piero11/1Ballymac Ruso4/6Royal Hunter11/4Windy Millar6/1Farloe Can Do17-2Ballinska Woods11/2
Love Mac15/2Goldcrest King11/2Tonduff Turmoil21/10Wise Thought7/4Glenard Sunrise3-1Ravello Drive17/2
Westmead Osprey8/11Baron Pedro33/1Leave Me25/1Tasty Rambler50/1Ballymac Bull3-1Go Gucci Go7/2
Hillcross Hobbs20/1Alfie Sparra14/1Penn Razle12/1Eye On The Pulse50/1Fire For Effect11-1Toosey Blue7/2
Swift N Smart40/1Kylegrove Cougar14/1Cabra Boss21/10Boherna Best5/4Kindred Sparky18-1Sky Bound14/1

Re: English Greyhound Derby 2009 Heat 7: Selection 1-4-3 Kryptonite.I backed it last year, it duly got to the final,it duly fell out.While Westmead Osprey will be clear favourite and has an outstanding chance, on value terms alone I am tipping Kryptonite to cannon from trap 1,rail tightly and just have enough in hand around the final bend to hold off Osprey.Whats worrying about Kryptonite is that it doesnt seem to be lasting the 480 like it was last year but odds of 5/1 plus would be enough to tempt me into a small wager.Third place is well and truly up for grabs but I will opt for Love Mac, although this is an enforced selection rather than one of merit.Romeo Del Piero, like his namesake,doesnt have the pace to trouble at the top level. Heat 8: 3-1-4 Ballymac Ruso did well in getting to the Irish Derby final last year, but so far this season has flattered to deceive and to be honest has been downright disappointing.One of two things could happen.It could prove me wrong and win this heat with plenty in hand as its price will no doubt suggest, or it will run a shocker and find itself the biggest casualty of the night.Im going to take a chance and go for the latter as it could find itself behind Goldcrest King after the initial dash, and be shuffled to the back from which it would never recover. Kengyefluto Snow is taken to make the frame and make the selection work and Im going for a rag in Baran Pedro to nip through in third at what will be a massive price.Ballymac Ruso is my lay of the night. Heat 9:Selection 6-2-3 Cabra Boss has enough here to nick this race from Royal Hunter who could lead after running over 400 meters recently at Romford to sharpen its trapping boots.While it may go clear,Cabra Boss will be thereabouts after the first bend and thanks to its outside birth will out pace Royal Hunter at the final bend.Tonduff Turmoil is the best of the rest.Leave me will live up to its billing and be left firmly at the back by the 480 marker - theres a reason why skybet are offering 2000/1 ante post Heat 10:Selection 6-2-3 Boherna Best is many peoples ante post favourite this year and deserved a nomination for 480 greyhound of the year last year after a string of incredible efforts.Well housed to avoid possible carnage with three wide seeds on its inner,it could lead at the first and has pace to burn the others away from that point.Windy Millar has been impressive in recent weeks though and will give the selection a battle to the line, with Wise Thought close behind in third.Headford Honcho has a great draw so could qualify in fourth whilst Eye on the Pulse will be so far off it, he will be declared dead by the half way point. Heat 11:Selection 1-4-6 Droopys Lee is lightly raced, consistent - has been in the top 2 every time its ran - and has been targeted for an explosive Derby campaign.It should leave most of this motley crew for dust,with only Ballymac Bull capable of mixing it up at the business end.This is my next best of the night and can me best use of the draw to win cosily in my view.In fact,as Im writing this I dont know why I havent backed it at 100/1 ante post. Kindred Sparky can make the tricast and has been a credit over the years for its trainer and owner.Farloe Can Do on this occasion wont. Heat 12: Selection 4-5-6 Outside traps are taken to dominate the final heat with marginal preference given to Go Gucci Go to beat old timer Toosey Blue who has struggled to maintain its form which got him to last years semi finals. It really is a close run thing and its only the doubt that the latter still has the hunger that prevents him from being the selection.Sky Bound is good enough to compete in this heat, but should just find the two a bit too classy on this occasion

Re: English Greyhound Derby 2009 Heat 13:Selection 1-2-4 Cash Dream is an interesting unexposed sort that is isnt without ante post support.He seems to have the perfect draw here to take full advantage - next to two middle seeds then three wide runners so should have more than enough space to take it up by the back straight.Ebony Court could slip around behind from trap 6 to chase the selection home with Lenson Flash good enough to take the tricast place.Stelligs Risk would nead to grow wings in order to come close to qualifying Heat 14:Selection 1-3-5 Im taking a chance with Lenson Smoothie here, who has enough early dash to make the bend in front and should have enough to rebel all challengers.Theres not much to write home about in this heat to be honest, but Forest Master is an interesting runner who has a habit of finding trouble from a less than ideal trap 3 berth.However he can hopefully overcome this issue to qualify in second with Side bet following close up in third Heat 15:Selection 2-4-5 Bubbly Totti Has been a class dog for connections, and had a brave Derby campaign in 2008.He should have no difficulty qualifying here, however I think he may find the pace too quick in the form of Cabra Fly and the under-rated Mothball.Preference is given to Cabra Fly who should clear Directors Fire and lead up marginally and kick clear giving Totti too much to claw back.I toyed with tipping up Mothball at what will be a massive heat price and if he is available at a rudiculous price eg 50/1 I would recommend a small wager.Shelbourne Denny can qualify in 4th but has no realistic ante post claims Heat 16:Selection 5-4-1 Blonde Fern has been a class performer in recent weeks, especially at Hall Green where he overcame Derby Finalist Lenson Express to claim a victory in front of the Sky cameras.I just dont feel he has the overall pace or early to merit realistic support to reach the latter stages, so for this reason I reckon Plasser is the value pick.He beat non other than hot pot Bandicoot Tipoki last time out and that was a much harder scalp to take than Blonde Fern.It can lead from the run uo and hold off Blonde Fern by a couple of lengths at a decent price with Seanis Lad taken to nick third. Heat 17: Selection 1-5-4 A penalty kick for Shelbourn Aston who will be too strong for all its rivals here.Whilst Roswell Startrek or even Side Leg could lead it up, it shows fantastic pace around the final couple of bends and will win this going away.Next Best of the night.Romeo Turbo wont be the quickest away but is a strong runner who may appreciate a lay off prior to the start of the Derby and should pip Roswell Startrek for second. Side Leg lives and breathes Plough Lane and all the locals will hope it can sneak through in 4th. Heat 18: Selection 3-4-2 Lenson Express is in my opinion what greyhound racing is all about. 750/1 Ante Post last year, it got through to the final and was ppossibly unlucky in running and has since reached countless finals including winning the Classic to my dismay, after backing Me Buddy ante post which fell out in the final when strong favourite.Its now 250/1 this year which is possibly still a tad generous as has a tendency to qualify consistenly when the chips are down.Im going to go for Head Iton Ellis to win hear though, which I have backed ante post, ahead of Marbeck Wonder who is seriously underated as a competitior in my opinion. Lenson can do whats expected and finish third. Deanbridge Ammo will fire blanks and spiral out of the competition.

Re: English Greyhound Derby 2009

Anyone have trial data? Be interesting to see - especially in light of the Irish runners Fancy traps 1 and 2 for Heat 5....nice prices
I will see what I can obtain with regards to posting trial data.I agree that trap 2 in heat 5 at 8/1 would be worth a cheeky punt! Also see my comments above regarding Lenson Smoothie who could be a snippet of value

Re: English Greyhound Derby 2009 Bear in mind fellas that the prices I have posted are calculated to 100%. The majority of the bookmakers will naturally be shorter once they have factored in their over-rounds. Betfair is usually the best bet for outsiders in greyhound racing, dogs can often be at least twice the price they are with the bookies. Having said that liquidity may be an issue with this being the first round, especially on the heats with the less fancied runners. I'll knock up some prices for Saturdays first rounders and post them in a bit.

Re: English Greyhound Derby 2009 Heat 19: Selection 3-1-6 Im going for my ante post wager Coolavany Dart to hit the bullseye here.November was the last time its finished outside the top 3, and I reckon this is being seriously overlooked on the ante post front.Its going to battle with Eye onthe Brave on the run up, but will clear it by the second bend at the latest and romp to victory.Tyrur Kenny is going to be the sp favourite but feel it could struggle to match the early dash of the aforementioned two. Franks Lad has abolutely no chance of winning either a heat or the event. Heat 20 Selection 3-5-6 Charlie Lister is the master.Farloe Reason is top class.But Im not tipping it.Why? Kinda Ready is going to beat it:Its form reads well against Bandicoot Tipoki last two runs,its capable of starting early or coming from off the pace, and its going to love the course. With Farloe Reason everyone knows what to expect, but I reckon Kinda Ready could explode into the competition and am confident it can win here. Wise Option is the intelligent punters crumpet for third. Heat 21:Selection 5-6-2 Nap of the night.Tyrur Hestor is an absoulte monster.It flies from the traps,it shows relentless pace and doesnt tie up at the end.This could give any dog in the event a sound beating on its day, and put simply the others wont see it for dust.And that includes Dotland Hitman who would be favourite in alot of the other heats, but is going to find Hestor too good.If Hestor gets out, clears the rest and the track is running quick it could come close to the track record in my opinion.Raving Black will run on for third as has been running strongly over 515 at Hove.By the time Drink Up Zorro finishes, Hestor will be on the nightbus home. Heat 22:Selection 2-1-4-5 Barnfield on Air.I backed it ante post for 2008 almost a year in advance at 33/1 and it was so so unlucky in the semi-final where Scottish Derby 08 winner Tyrur Keiran cost it a place in the final that a greyhound of this sheer speed deserves. This would be the most popular winner of the hole event if it went on to win on May 30th. If it wins the first couple of rounds expect its price to be 20/1 tops.The only issue is that there is still some debate whether it really likes the Plough Lane circuit and has serious competition in Eye Eye Pickle who has won 3 out of 4 starts and could be anything.London Walter is capable of mixing it with the best on its day and could surprise many and Manic Miner if back to his best will dig out a qualifying birth or even better. Heat 23 Selection 4-3-6 Great battle for supremacy looms between Slip the Lark and Bandicoot Tipoki who has been steadily supported all winter by many. I will just give the edge for lark to give Tipoki the slip at the first been and hold off the young pretender to grab the spoils.Futuristic Geeza will live to fight another day and Kinda Easy will find it anything but. Heat 24: Selection 2-5-1 Bomber Blue could be a decent price.Out of its last 23 starts, its finished out of the top three once which means it could go far, albeit alot of its runs have been over marginally longer distances.Also the time it didnt finish in the top three was last time out when it ran over course and distance so a repeat would not be good enough. Jogadusc Ace is taken to upset the applecart of Deanridge Fury who will go off odds on and no doubt have track goers lumping on in the lucky last.

I will see what I can obtain with regards to posting trial data.I agree that trap 2 in heat 5 at 8/1 would be worth a cheeky punt! Also see my comments above regarding Lenson Smoothie who could be a snippet of value
I think it might be worth taking on the favourite Sidebet here Kev - fancy Forest Master but will have a nibble on your recommendation also Forest Master and Lenson Smoothie - Heat 14 :hope

Good effort gentlemen. I applaud your shrewd judgement' date=' I love it when a value bet comes in gives you hope that the bookies can be beaten after all.[/quote'] Thanks Jimmy. :ok Let's hope between us, we can get some winners in the Derby heats:clap

Re: English Greyhound Derby 2009 Now Blue Sq and Corals have published prices for the first round action I'll post my selections for tomorrow nights first batch of heats. Heat 1 - 19.45 Droopys Noel @ 6/4 Heat 2 - 20.00 Lazerus @ 7/1 Heat 3 - 20.15 Fear Zafonic @ 10/11 Heat 4 - 20.30 No bet at current prices Heat 5 - 20.45 Fatboyz Nodrog @ 9/4 Heat 6 - 21.00 Ninja Jamie @ 4/7 Heat 7 - 21.15 Westmead Osprey @ 10/11 Heat 8 - 21.30 Ballymac Ruso @ 4/6 Heat 9 - 21.45 Tonduff Turmoil @ 11/4 Heat 10 -22.00 Boherna Best @ 6/4 Heat 11 - 22.15 Droopys Lee @ 3/1 Heat 12 - 22.30 Ballinska Woods @ 7/2

Re: English Greyhound Derby 2009 Ive beat looking at the specials market so am prepared to make a tip based on the 'How far will fear Zafonic get' market offered by blue square.Although Jonathan Hobbs thinks that if Fear Zafonic can maintain a trap 1 draw through to the final it should be a 4/1 shot, the likelihood of that happenins is remote.However it has only finished outside the top 3 once in its career and that was at Hall Green in July 08, suggesting that it can perform when drawn further from the rail.I firmly believe that the long run up to the bend will allow the dog to progress in each round and has the raw speed to overcome any trouble as long as it isnt too sever.Once in the final though you dont know how a dog will react to the famous Derby roar, and that combined with the trap 1 hoodoo that hovers over trap 1 in the Derby Final, if it draws its favourite trap its far from a good thing. 1pt Fear Zafonic to be a losing finalist at 7/2 Blue Square Also Blue Square have a market on the media tipping contest every year, where around thirty of the sports pundits make a prediction in every heat, with the pundit with most wins receiving the accolade.John McCrirck has a great record over the last couple of years in this competition and knows his greyhound racing inside out. 0.5pts ew John McCirick to win the media tipping contest at 25/1 (1/4 1-4) Blue Sq.

Re: English Greyhound Derby 2009 Heat 1:Selection 3-1-4 Melodys Pat is the clear choice for me here.It ran well in last years competition and was favourite when getting knocked out behind eventual champion Loyal Honcho.It should have ample room in maintaining a position at the first bemd thanks to a vacant trap next door, and willl be too strong for Droopys Noel who was well beaten by Fear Zafonic in a recent outing,this years ante post favourite.Mistley Colonel is worth a punt to qualify in third as stays longer than the mother in law and could sneak through.Romeo out west should be renamed after the race, as its chances will head south as soon as the lids rise. Off to a flyer lads with a tricast in the first heat!

Re: English Greyhound Derby 2009 Heat 4:Selection 1-4-5 Ballymac Under was ante post favourite before early elimination last year,and went on to run creditably in the Irish equivalent.Perfectly housed against the rail, it should avoid any trouble and hold on to beat Barnfield Slippy who can run over further distances.Fabulous Quest can qualify in third and if you scratch its most recent performance has been incredibly consistent.Pat mustards chances must be taken with a pinch of salt. Another tricast in the bag!!

Re: English Greyhound Derby 2009 Ive got a strong fancy for Droopys Director in the 9.00 heat tonight at 3/1 with Blue Square.Its been attracting money and I anticipate that it will go off at a price of 2/1.Sure to run wide, it should steer clear of any trouble and a repeat performance of its latest run only a length behind Fear Zafonic will be enough to win this with plenty in hand :) 2 points Droopys Director 3/1 Blue Square

Ive got a strong fancy for Droopys Director in the 9.00 heat tonight at 3/1 with Blue Square.Its been attracting money and I anticipate that it will go off at a price of 2/1.Sure to run wide, it should steer clear of any trouble and a repeat performance of its latest run only a length behind Fear Zafonic will be enough to win this with plenty in hand :) 2 points Droopys Director 3/1 Blue Square
Heat 18 Your selection may hold its price. I fancy trap 3 myself - will go with a reverse forecast 3-6 Trap 2 won - racing post choice:$ Heat 13 Traps 1 and 2 (I always back 2 dogs to win) Trap 1 won:nana Heat 14 Traps 5 and 1 Trap 5 won - plus forecast 5-1:nana:nana Heat 15 Traps 2 and 5 2nd and 3rd:$ Heat 16 Traps 4 and 2 still running....:@ Heat 17 Trap 1 Trap 1 won:nana Heat 19 6 and 2 Trap 6 won:nana Last night went pretty much to form - second night usually throws up a few curve balls - good luck with all your selections:hope 4 out of 7...just a bit of profit on the night

Re: English Greyhound Derby 2009 Here are the full place results for the first nights heats Heat 1 Melodys Pat Droopys Noel Mistley Colonel Droopys Nicola Heat 2 Lazerus Ja Mann Greenfield Post Droopys Taffy Heat 3 Fear Zafonic...28.66secs - fastest dog on the night....Whoooosh Jesters Nap Greenwell River Glynnscross Mal Heat4 Ballymac Under....28.79 Barnfield Slippy Droopys Maestro Fabulous Quest Heat 5 Southern Sunset Droopys Quinta Westmead Ace Fatboyz Nodrog Heat 6 Ninja Jamie - whooooosh.... King Edward Drumna Willow Rocky Rocket Heat 7 Love Mac Kryptonite Swift N Smart Romeo Del Piero Heat 8 Ballymac Ruso...28.68 Kylegrove Cougar Goldcrest King Baran Pedro Heat 9 Cabra Boss...28.79 Tonduff Turmoil Royal Hunter Penn Razle Heat 10 Windy Millar..28.70. Wise Thought Headford Honcho Boherna Best Heat 11 Glenard Sunrise Kindred Sparky Droopys Lee Fire For Effect Heat 12 Centour Allstar Ravello Drive Toosey Blue Sky Bound

Re: English Greyhound Derby 2009 Here are Saturday's first round derby results.Looking forward to the next round already!!:cheers Blue Square Derby 1st Rnd Heat 13

POSITION

DOG

SP

SEC

TIME

DIST

TRAINER 1st Cash Dream 4/5F 4.89 28.81 G Holian 2nd Stop The Show 12/1 5.05 29.13 4 E McNair 3rd Lenson Flash 6/1 4.86 29.31 2¼ A Collett 4th Starlight Shiraz 5/2 5.05 29.31 shd G Holian 5th Skelligs Risk 12/1 5.14 29.41 1¼ P Marchant 6th Ebony Court 12/1 5.08 29.51 1¼ C Wray

Blue Square Derby 1st Rnd Heat 14

POSITION

DOG

SP

SEC

TIME

DIST

TRAINER 1st Side Bet 5/2 5.02 29.03 O McKenna 2nd Lenson Smoothie 3/1 4.91 29.17 1¾ A Collett 3rd Farney King 16/1 5.04 29.27 1¼ K Tester 4th Tyrur Kerril 12/1 5.08 29.71 5½ B Clemenson 5th Superhods Lady 10/1 5.09 29.75 ½ D Childs 6th Forest Master 5/4F 5.11 32.15 Dist F Black

Blue Square Derby 1st Rnd Heat 15

POSITION

DOG

SP

SEC

TIME

DIST

TRAINER 1st Shelbourne Denny 4/1 4.97 28.96 P Curtin 2nd Cabra Fly 9/4 4.97 29.00 ½ C Allsopp 3rd Bubbly Totti EvsF 5.11 29.10 1¼ T Soppitt 4th Directors Fire 8/1 5.10 29.28 2¼ M Wallis 5th Secretariat 14/1 4.91 29.44 2 S Cahill 6th Mothball 20/1 5.16 29.48 ½ L Burford

Blue Square Derby 1st Rnd Heat 16

POSITION

DOG

SP

SEC

TIME

DIST

TRAINER 1st Castlehill Pat 11/4 5.02 29.28 P Curtin 2nd Slick Ace 4/1 4.88 29.29 hd P Buckley 3rd Green Mentor 14/1 4.99 29.37 1 J Lambe 4th Blonde Fern 2/1F 5.08 29.38 hd A W Dean 5th Seanis Lad 7/1 5.03 29.42 ½ N Jones 6th Plassey 7/2 5.00 29.48 ¾ S Mavrias

Blue Square Derby 1st Rnd Heat 17

POSITION

DOG

SP

SEC

TIME

DIST

TRAINER 1st Shelbourne Aston 4/9F 5.13 29.05 P Curtin 2nd Bonville Brett 14/1 4.97 29.29 3 M Locke 3rd Romeo Turbo 5/1 5.04 29.31 nk D Firmager 4th Lord Karl 14/1 5.08 29.41 1¼ P Gordon 5th Side Leg 12/1 5.05 29.71 3¾ R Rees 6th Roswell Startrek 5/1 5.10 29.93 2¾ M Wallis

Blue Square Derby 1st Rnd Heat 18

POSITION

DOG

SP

SEC

TIME

DIST

TRAINER 1st Lenson Express 7/2 5.06 29.07 A Collett 2nd Head Iton Ellis 3/1 5.11 29.09 nk S Race 3rd Droopys Director 2/1F 4.94 29.15 ¾ C Duggan 4th Marbeck Wonder 6/1 5.03 29.18 nk K Turner 5th Carrowkeal Babs 25/1 5.07 29.22 ½ C Weatherall 6th Deanridge Ammo 7/2 5.14 29.36 1¾ P Young

Blue Square Derby 1st Rnd Heat 19

POSITION

DOG

SP

SEC

TIME

DIST

TRAINER 1st Tyrur Kenny 2/1F 4.95 28.92 C Lister 2nd Coolavanny Dart 10/1 4.97 28.98 ¾ E Parker 3rd Franks Lad 10/1 5.05 29.04 ¾ P Young 4th Glenard Rocket 5/1 5.09 29.14 1¼ M Dartnall 5th Eye Onthe Brave 3/1 5.02 29.20 ¾ M Wallis 6th Soviet Maldini 7/2 4.99 29.52 4 P Curtin

Blue Square Derby 1st Rnd Heat 20

POSITION

DOG

SP

SEC

TIME

DIST

TRAINER 1st Farloe Reason 4/6F 4.91 28.84 C Lister 2nd Wise Opinion 7/1 5.01 29.00 2 S Cahill 3rd Kinda Ready 5/2 5.07 29.14 1¾ M Wallis 4th Malbay Fletcher 7/1 5.07 29.28 1¾ S Mavrias 5th Live Money 14/1 5.18 29.58 3¾ S Cahill 6th Tobys Back 14/1 5.20 29.70 1½ M Dartnall

Blue Square Derby 1st Rnd Heat 21

POSITION

DOG

SP

SEC

TIME

DIST

TRAINER 1st Dotland Hit Man 5/2 5.01 29.04 A Bell 2nd Tyrur Hestor 4/5F 4.93 29.28 3 C Lister 3rd Raving Black 7/1 5.18 29.52 3 S Cahill 4th Iceman Vader 20/1 5.11 29.68 2 L Burford 5th Drink Up Zorro 6/1 5.01 29.72 ½ P Sallis 6th Deanridge Zeus 10/1 5.06 29.88 2 D Childs

Blue Square Derby 1st Rnd Heat 22

POSITION

DOG

SP

SEC

TIME

DIST

TRAINER 1st London Walter 7/1 4.95 28.92 D Childs 2nd Eye Eye Pickle 5/2 5.02 29.16 3 M Wallis 3rd Mountjoy Ruby 6/1 4.99 29.20 ½ M Wallis 4th Barnfield On Air 5/4F 5.07 29.30 1¼ S Poots 5th Manic Miner 8/1 5.15 29.58 3½ R Jones 6th Drumna Classic 4/1 5.04 29.58 DNF P Buckley

Blue Square Derby 1st Rnd Heat 23

POSITION

DOG

SP

SEC

TIME

DIST

TRAINER 1st Kinda Easy 14/1 4.90 28.87 M Wallis 2nd Bandicoot Tipoki EvsF 4.99 29.17 3¾ C Lister 3rd Attykitt Admiral 16/1 4.98 29.39 2¾ S Gresham 4th Nutty Nod 16/1 5.21 29.47 1 J Gammon 5th Slip The Lark 6/4 4.99 29.48 hd P Buckley 6th Futuristic Geeza 12/1 4.96 29.68 2½ D Childs

Blue Square Derby 1st Rnd Heat 24

POSITION

DOG

SP

SEC

TIME

DIST

TRAINER 1st Deanridge Fury 4/6F 5.00 29.03 D Childs 2nd Lavey Vieri 7/1 5.00 29.31 3½ M Lowther 3rd Jogadusc Ace 2/1 4.99 29.45 1¾ M Wallis 4th Greenwell Cool 12/1 5.17 29.45 shd P Flaherty 5th Blue Gent 14/1 5.07 30.21 9½ P Donovan NR Bomber Blue — P Sallis

Re: English Greyhound Derby 2009 Here are the heats for the second round of the Greyhound Derby.Three dogs qualifying from every heat,making it 48 through to round 3. Friday Heat 1 1 Droopys Lee 2 Kinda Easy (m) 3 Shelbourne Denny (m) 4 Greenwell River (m) 5 Royal Hunter (m) 6 Tyrur Kenny (w) Heat 2 1 Jogadusc Ace 2 Glenard Rocket 3 Rocky Rocket (w) 4 Green Mentor (w) 5 Southern Sunset (w) 6 Cabra Boss (w) Heat 3 1 Kryptonite 2 Lenson Express 3 Melodys Pat (m) 4 Mistley Colonel (w) 5 Tyrur Hestor (w) 6 Toosey Blue (w) Heat 4 1 Lenson Smoothie 2 Cash Dream 3 Side Bet (m) 4 Droopys Nicola (w) 5 Greenfield Post (w) 6 Kindred Sparky (w) Heat 5 1 Headford Honcho 2 Nutty Nod 3 Drumna Willow (m) 4 Baran Pedro (m) 5 Swift N Smart (w) 6 Barnfield Slippy (w) Heat 6 1 Head Iton Ellis 2 Bandicoot Tipoki 3 Romeo Del Piero 4 Lenson Flash (w) 5 Westmead Ace (w) 6 Droopys Maestro (w) Heat 7 1 Malbay Fletcher 2 Castlehill Pat (m) 3 Farney King (m) 4 Wise Thought (w) 5 Droopys Taffy (w) 6 Fatboyz Nodrog (w) Heat 8 1 Directors Fire 2 Centaur Allstar 3 Farloe Reason 4 Glynncross Mal (m) 5 Boherna Best (m) 6 Greenwell Cool (w) SATURDAY Heat 9 1 Cabra Fly 2 Jesters Nap (m) 3 Ravello Drive (m) 4 Marbeck Wonder (m) 5 London Walter (m) 6 Franks Lad (w) Heat 10 1 Slick Ace 2 Kinda Ready 3 Droopys Quinta (m) 4 Coolavanny Dart (m) 5 Lavey Vieri (w) 6 Stop The Show (w) Heat 11 1 Love Mac 2 Attykitt Admiral 3 Windy Millar (m) 4 Starlight Shiraz (m) 5 Bubbly Totti (w) 6 Blonde Fern (w) Heat 12 1 Shelbourne Aston 2 Lazerus (m) 3 Tonduff Turmoil (m) 4 Kylegrove Cougar (m) 5 Mountjoy Ruby (w) 6 Sky Bound (w) Heat 13 1 Raving Black 2 Ja Mann 3 King Edward (w) 4 Penn Razle (w) 5 Deanridge Fury (w) 6 Bonville Brett (w) Heat 14 1 Ninja Jamie 2 Ballymac Under 3 Droopys Noel 4 Fire For Effect (w) 5 Droopys Director (w) 6 Romeo Turbo (w) Heat 15 1 Goldcrest King 2Barnfield On Air 3 Fear Zafonic 4 Glenard Sunrise 5 Tyrur Kerril (m) 6 Dotland Hit Man (w) Heat 16 1 Iceman Vader 2 Eye Eye Pickle 3 Ballymac Ruso 4 Lord Karl (m) 5 Fabulous Quest (w) 6 Wise Opinion (w) Heats 3,15,16 stand out in my opinion :dude

Re: English Greyhound Derby 2009 Some good open races tonight at Peterborough 9.10 Traps 5 and 3 9.25 Traps 5 and 1 Apologies for these tips, none came in. They put something in the water in Peterborough tonight - Trap 4 won the last 7 of the eight races, including 2 14/1 winners and a 16/1 winner...it makes you wonder at times

Re: English Greyhound Derby 2009 Interesting to read all your opinions, from the late70s till late80s, my routine was- HARINGEY mon night, ROMFORD tue night, HACKNEY wed day and WEMBLEY wed night, WALHAMSTOW thur night, HARINGEY fri night and WHITE CITY sat night, then on sunday mornings a trip to DAVE OSWALDS kennels, to see the hand slips! I think i lost more playing cards on the BARKING to HARRINGEY train than i did at the track. In those days if you were a good judge of a race, you could really make a living, seeing one get checked up or crowded, you was on big time next time up at generous ODDS...Then it all went bellie up, the dreaded Video Camera was introduced, then after watching a replay of a race, directly after it had been run, even some old Granny who was over there doing her tote fcsts, spotted the obvious UNLUCKY loser....needless to say next time up the dog was short, or even jolly and if a few got beat, you done your NIAGRAS!!, GONE WAS THE VALUE and the art of seeing something in 30 seconds, which most people even today only cotton onto, after the fourth re-run in the BAR.... My fav greyhound was GO AHEAD GIRL, top stayer and fav DERBY WINNER LARTIGUE NOTE probably coz i was on lumpy, as for sentiment...MUTTS SILVER at White city where i will never ever forget the DERBY ROAR!.....I moved to spain early 90s to become a pro golfer and lost track of the dogs, but after developing osteo arthritis in both hips, im back!...even though a wheel chair beckons...but at least i can give you first class advice on the golf tours, read my bits on this weeks PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP in usa and the ITALIAN OPEN....So thanks for the advice from you all, just reading it has made me want to be there for the next round heats, so i will leave my selection till then...regards.

Re: English Greyhound Derby 2009 Heat 1 Selection 1 -6-3 After my bet was foiled on Droopys Lee in the round, I am prepared to take another chance that he will ping out, beat Tryrur Kenny to the bend and have enough to hold it down the back straight.Its perfectly housed to get a great split with trap 2 Kinda Easy expected to go middle out of the boxes and can grab an extra length as Tryur Kenny is forced out by the hair rail at the bend.Shelbourne Denny impressed in round 1 and will stay on for third place to qualify. Royal Hunter was dissapointing in the opening heats, and will not get a chance to stalk the top 3 Heat 2: Selection 6-5-1 Cabra Boss will be too good for this field and give the others the P45 by the third bend.Southern Sunset refuses however to let himself be eclipsed by stronger contenders on many occasions and is taken to chase home the expected jolly by tracking it around the first bend.Jogadusc Ace will find a couple of jokers in the pack and have to settle for the bronze medal after failing to last the 480 in round 1 while the two rockets -Glenard and Rocky - will fail to reach the speed of light any time soon Heat 3: Selection 5-3-1 Early pace bonanza.Kryptonite, Melody's Pat and Tyrur Hestor all can cannon from the lids and leave the others for dust.Kryptonite will possibly lead up but find the all round pace of the other two a bit much to handle around the back straight and have to settle for third.Slight preference is given to speed machine Tyrur Hestor to pip Melod's Pat at the line although this could be a colossal battle that will shake up the ante post market in my opinion. Toosey Blue has been a credit to connections but is past its best, and I fancy Lenson Express to run out of steam here. Heat 4: Selection 2-3-1 Battle of the inside runners.Cash dream was the market mover of the night after Saturday's eye catcher, and the Irish dog is more than capable of taking this ahead of side bet who also won in the first round. Lenson Smoothie became tighter than a nuns a**e around the final bend last week and will tie up to finish in third. Kindred Sparky lacks the gears to trouble here, and Greenwell Post will fail to deliver