Best bet of the day 31/3/09

Best of luck to the leading pack with something to play for tomorrow...may the best man win :drums 4.35 Folkestone Manere Bay - John Dunlop's filly was unraced as a two year old but made pleasing progress last term and starts handicapping off what I feel is a realistic mark. Sired by Olden Times, a dual 9f Group winner, it is unsuprising she started out racing over a mile in her maiden runs. An encouraging 4th of 13 on her debut at Windsor last September she took time to find her stride but made good ground in the home straight and built on that promise with another encouraging effort when 4th to Lease of Life over that same course and distance next time out. She finished three and a quarter lengths ahead of Chris Wall's filly Antillia, who won on her handicap debut off 62 and looks open to significant improvement, and against that benchmark, I think Mahere Bay has been allocated a fair mark here by the handicapper. She was last seen on heavy ground at Nottingham in October and again didn't see out a mile, so the step down to 7f tomorrow seems logical, especially since her breeding hints at speed more than stamina - she is a half sister to Maconachie, placed over 5-6f at 2-3 and Maesterstinger, a 6f winner at 2. I've taken 5.3 and personally think anything around 4/1 is fair for this 67-rated handicap debutante. 1 pt win

Re: Best bet of the day 31/3/09 4.25 Southall. Mister Incredible. Last time it ran which was over todays c/d it travelled well and ran into the lead in the final furlong but was headed in the final strides by Convince.This horse has it's ideal conditions today and M.C.Geran rides.His record when riding Miser Incredible is 4 2nds from 7 rides.The horses record at Southall reads 22 runs,3 wins,10 places.Over 6 furlongs he has run 21 times winning twice and placing 8times.Taking a chance that it can go one better today and win. 1 pt win.

Re: Best bet of the day 31/3/09 200 Wetherby : Trafalgar Man Been a long month and one last try at finishing in profit. The first race at Wetherby looks interesting with quite a few exposed horses and the one that caught my eye last time out was Trafalgar Man, travelled very well that day and his effort just petered out but many do at Sedgefield, this track will suit better and the handicapper has given him a chance by dropping him a couple of pounds so he gets in this 0-95 race. Expect a very good run, will probably trade quite short in running but needs to finish his races off.

Re: Best bet of the day 31/3/09 4-25 southwell ORANGE SQUARE not entirely straightforward but enough ability to win a race of this nature none the less , competatively weighted and gives the impression 5 furlongs here will suit and odds of around 15/2 will do for me 2points win

Re: Best bet of the day 31/3/09 W2.00 Sybellius D'Artaix 0.5pt E/W This one has won off a much higher rating than this in the past but that was a couple of years ago. Was running a better race last time out when blundering away his chance. I also think it's significant that the horse is being dropped back to the trip at which it had the best pieces of form in the past. The horses recent runs have been when weakening over longer distances. Has also shown a liking for good ground so worth an e/w bet at a decent price if returning to form.

Re: Best bet of the day 31/3/09 2.00 Wetherby Masterofceremonies WIN Ran 3 times over hurdles in maiden and novice company but showed very little in all three despite them not being the weakest looking affairs. However, those runs were all on ground that looks far softer than ideal, therefore could have been let in lightly on handicap bow today. Ran fair enough last couple of outings on the all weather from best mark 69 at Wolves but previous Irish maiden win looks the best flat form to it's name and that was achieved on fast ground. Stable has had a first and second from last 4 national hunt runners and from a modest mark on ground that should be appreciated would be no surprise to see this one leave previous novice & maiden hurdle form well behind. Good luck to everybody today.

Re: Best bet of the day 31/3/09 2.40 - Cheveton - Win decent little class 2 sprint handicap over 5 furlongs Cheveton was a progressive sprinter last year, winning 5 on the bounce and moving up from class 5, class 4, class 3 He ended the season with 3 runs in big class 2 sprint handicaps, the Portland, the York Sprint Cup and the Coral........and was beaten 3L, a neck and 4L Should find this a lot easier if he's ready for his seasonal bow. All his wins have been at 5 furlongs and he goes on good to soft, so should handle the track as long as doesn't have an aversion to kick-back Rebel Duke is the favourite and is also fairly lightly raced and perhaps still on the upgrade. He's provan over CD and has a good draw and is a worthy favourite. But because it's his seasonal and Southwell debut my fellow is at much bigger odds than he should be............I'm hoping he's a class above these. Good luck to the guys fighting out the competition !

Re: Best bet of the day 31/3/09 Wetherby 16:15 Sundae Best (IRE) WIN / BANKER Wetherby is one of the best tracks to follow trainer J Howard Johnson. 40 (20%) wins from 197 overall runs the past 5 seasons here. He's also the only trainer in this field to have won a race the past 14 days. 3 wins from 22 with the other 5 trainers at 0 from 12. 10PTS @ 6-1 Ladbrokes

Re: Best bet of the day 31/3/09 Southwell 4.25pm 1pt lay Handsinthemist Horse will find this race hard i hope with 6lb rise and bad draw and a good field running today,odds on this race are very tight on Betfair at the top of the market. Horses form is up and down but today i see the form line going down as for me this horse is not 100% every race and must frustrate backers,laying. Goodluck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: Best bet of the day 31/3/09

2.40 - Cheveton - Win decent little class 2 sprint handicap over 5 furlongs Cheveton was a progressive sprinter last year, winning 5 on the bounce and moving up from class 5, class 4, class 3 He ended the season with 3 runs in big class 2 sprint handicaps, the Portland, the York Sprint Cup and the Coral........and was beaten 3L, a neck and 4L Should find this a lot easier if he's ready for his seasonal bow. All his wins have been at 5 furlongs and he goes on good to soft, so should handle the track as long as doesn't have an aversion to kick-back Rebel Duke is the favourite and is also fairly lightly raced and perhaps still on the upgrade. He's provan over CD and has a good draw and is a worthy favourite. But because it's his seasonal and Southwell debut my fellow is at much bigger odds than he should be............I'm hoping he's a class above these. Good luck to the guys fighting out the competition !
:clap:clap:clap Brilliant stuff

2.40 - Cheveton - Win decent little class 2 sprint handicap over 5 furlongs Cheveton was a progressive sprinter last year, winning 5 on the bounce and moving up from class 5, class 4, class 3 He ended the season with 3 runs in big class 2 sprint handicaps, the Portland, the York Sprint Cup and the Coral........and was beaten 3L, a neck and 4L Should find this a lot easier if he's ready for his seasonal bow. All his wins have been at 5 furlongs and he goes on good to soft, so should handle the track as long as doesn't have an aversion to kick-back Rebel Duke is the favourite and is also fairly lightly raced and perhaps still on the upgrade. He's provan over CD and has a good draw and is a worthy favourite. But because it's his seasonal and Southwell debut my fellow is at much bigger odds than he should be............I'm hoping he's a class above these. Good luck to the guys fighting out the competition !
Brilliant:nana:nana

2.00 Wetherby 1pt win Simple Jim 11/1 Won over 1m6f at Southwell on flat so stamina not an issue. Has best jumps form on show and is well handicapped on run behind Strobe and Woody Waller. 4th in class 3 at Musselburgh and the form of that race is rock solid with Don't Tell The Wife coming out and winning a decent handicap hurdle since. Trainer without winner since December but only from 15 runners. With the favourite being a non runner I cannot see this being out the frame, most of the other fancied runners have form in sellers and that doesn't compare with this form.
Great price for that winner :clap

Re: Best bet of the day 31/3/09 4-55 southwell-miss christophine-super nap as won her last 2 starts here,hopefully will get a fast run race so she will produced late as she is best comming off a fast pace,on the plus side handles conditions well good luck to the guys at the top of the competion

Re: Best bet of the day 31/3/09 Some fantastic priced winners today guys - superb :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy Welshman - feel gutted for you mate that you didn't even get a run out of Miss Christophene as she was withdrawn :sad Spooner - well done chief; threw everything at you but you were to good :clap:clap:clap:clap Well done everyone who finished in profit for the month and if table ends up in profit then that will be amazing. :ok