** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Cricket: West Indies vs England ODI Series & Twenty20 International

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs England ODI Series & Twenty20 International :lol Yep that pretty much covers it, for me the most worrying aspect is that in the first 2 games we have been beaten (In hindsight you should still count the first as a loss given away) Chris Gayle hasnt performed and the West Indies havnt really bowled well at all yet I cant really ever remember us being of top of the match apart from maybe the first 6-7 overs of the Windies 1st match innings. Our bowling looks at if they are just trying to stall runs instead of taking wickets and we have so many batsman out of form that unless one man makes a big score aka Strauss you just dont see us posting a total anywhere near 300. Also the faffing around with the opening partnership has just became ridiculous now. We have a test match player there and a guy who has always shown his best form in this formatting coming in around 6-7 to finish off the game. The problems here just go so much further than the team. Enough about that anyway as this is a betting thread :loon I'll be on the Windies at anything above 1.9 which I'll get, also temped yet again by Windies most sixes as they seem to beat us in this market every single time and still you can get close to evens on it.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs England ODI Series & Twenty20 International 3 for me again. I'm going to be boring and take the same 3 as the last ODI. 4pts West Indies to win 3rd ODI Evs Bet365 West Indies levelled up the series with a win which was a lot more comfortable than the score suggested. I'm pretty certain in my mind that they are the better ODI side of the two even with Andrew Flintoff back in the England side. I would imagine the Windies will be unchanged in this match after such a solid all round performance. England have to decide who Flintoff comes back in for. Early rumours were Gareth Batty will be the man but if England are going to play a spinner anywhere it has to be here so I'd imagine it will be Steve Harmison who goes although it wouldn't totally surprise me if it was Mascarenhas. West Indies are better in the two main departments and their all rounders have a massive impact in this side. Chris Gayle's options with the ball are excellent in these conditions and once again I think they'll win this game. 4pts P.Collingwood's Performance Pts 41&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. This line is getting a bit closer to where it's touch and go for a bet but it's not there yet. Collingwood has covered this in the 1st two ODI's, one via the bat and one via the ball so if he clicks the two together he'll cover this completely. He's in good form, the conditions suit him perfectly so once again it's the overs for me. 3pts West Indies Most 6's 5/6 Stan James After 3 limited overs matches on the tour, West Indies lead the 6's count 9-1 having won all 3 matches when it comes to clearing the ropes. All this is with Chris Gayle doing nothing in terms of batting which is the worrying thing for any England fans. If he gets going then this won't be much of a contest but with England finding the WI bowlers tough to get away and seemingly reluctant to try any big shots you have to think West Indies will win the 6's match yet again.

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs England ODI Series & Twenty20 International Im not going to play in this game. I still like the WI generally but England surely have to improve for Flintoff's return and also the pitch in Barbados whilst I dont know for sure, maybe slightly more favourable than Guyana for eng. Generally in Barbados there is more pace in the wicket which should allow shots to be played more cleanly and its almost as if Eng need such circumstances to peform with the bat in ODI, otherwise they rarely knock the ball off the square. I do find it a bit strange though that Flintoff comes back and the price is the same, possibly suggesting WI should have been started a shorter prcie earlier in the series. Anyway Im just going to hope Sarwan and KP can get some runs here.

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs England ODI Series & Twenty20 International Perhaps when the conditions of the game was altered i.e. the reduction to 45 overs and the small adjustment to the powerplays your bookie might have had a rule which voided bets, I don't know. Which bookie did you use? The Windies might not bother with sixes anyway, just drift leisurely along to this measly total, who knows?

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs England ODI Series & Twenty20 International

Some void and some don't. As it stands on Stan James' date=' my bet is still open so I'm hoping it's a winner given that the Windies are 3-0 up :lol.[/quote'] Did you get paid or void afterwards? Just wondering in case i do a similar bet, i wont use paddy power. I rang customer services and they said its because of the games innings being restricted its void.

Did you get paid or void afterwards? Just wondering in case i do a similar bet' date=' i wont use paddy power. I rang customer services and they said its because of the games innings being restricted its void.[/quote'] Me too:ok

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs England ODI Series & Twenty20 International Going to do 2 early bets for Sunday's game as I'm out most of tomorrow at Morecambe and I'm not sure if I'll get logged on. Plus I can't see the price lasting. +2.50 for today's game and +13.40 for the series now. 6pts West Indies to win 4th ODI 4/5 Stan James I still can't work out how the Windies are such a good price. They've completely dominated us in this series and but for an idiot who can't read they'd have had the series well and truly wrapped up already. This ground looks spot on for the Windies, especially their captain who it seems the faster it's bowled at him the quicker it leaves his bat. It's hard to see where England can go from their complete mauling on Friday. They brought back their talisman for that game and got completely thumped. There's certainly nobody in the squad who isn't playing who can make a significant improvement in the side. So it all comes down to England's attitude. Well that's sucked for a long time and Kevin Pietersen's words in the papers could well be a signal of how the whole side are feeling. England are all over the shop while the Windies are getting better and better and stronger and stronger. They're playing some good cricket under an inspired captaincy performance from Gayle and I'm confident they'll win the series here. 5pts West Indies Most 6's 8/11 Stan James 4 games into the limited over series and West Indies now lead the 6's match 17-1 after Chris Gayle came to the party in a big way on Friday. England don't seem to want to play an aggressive shot in anger and when they play anything half aggressive it seems to be ending up in a fielders hands. Big hitting comes naturally to most of these WI players and I'm pretty confident having won all 4 matches so far they'll make it 5-0 here.

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs England ODI Series & Twenty20 International One for me for this match: Shah match runs 27 or over 5/6 bet3 10 pts Trying to get an England player to score runs isnt easy atm but its possible that there will be some kind of fightback today and Shah who will probably come in at 4 could benefit and get at least 27 runs here. Shah averages around 30 in ODI's which isnt special but he has played much better in ODIs in the last 18 months and hasnt been terrible here in this series with a 50 in the first game and a couple of starts after that when he hasnt gone on. In the last game he was one of the few England players who looked at least half confident in the middle and played a few good shots before getting out. The quicker nature of this pitch could suit Shah who actually plays wickets with pace better than some might think, perhaps best shown by his good record at a wicket like the Oval where he has got his only odi ton and a couple of half centuries as well.

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs England ODI Series & Twenty20 International 2 more for today's ODI. 3pts D.Bravo's Performance Pts 45&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Dwayne Bravo had covered this line in all 3 matches in this series so far and he's yet to score above 19 runs in any of the matches. His bowling and his fielding have contributed to a lot of points and I can see that being the case again today. Bravo has a devilish slower ball which can be really effective on a fast pitch such as this. He's too good with the bat to have a top score of 19 through the series so there's every chance he can knock off a substantial total with the bat and all things considered I think he'll cover this total. 3pts Over 17.5 wides 5/6 Blue Square This number has been covered in both full matches so far in this series and was well on it's way to being covered at half time on Friday until Gayle decided there didn't need to be more than 15 overs in the 2nd innings. On this faster pitch the ball could get trickier to control and anything wide could scoot away for 5 wides. England are looking to recall Steve Harmison to their side here and he's never completely straight at the best of times. There were 37 and 19 in games 1 and 2 and I'd expect more here and enough to cover this line.

Kev' date=' any idea what happens if the 5th ODI is boycotted. Does the win go to England or is it counted as a non-game?[/quote'] It will still be played mate, they'll just have to stick out their A team or whoever wants to play :ok.

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs England ODI Series & Twenty20 International Frustrating game that. Would've been interested to see England chase down 240 to stay in the series but 135 off 20 was never likely to be an issue. Bravo performance was a winner, 6's bet was voided, annoyingly because it was an 8-2 win. Other 2 were losers so -6.5pts for the match but stil +6.90 for the series. Not quite sure how England are still in this series but it sets up a decent game on Friday.

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs England ODI Series & Twenty20 International Final ODI tomorrow afternoon. I'm going with 4 bets. 4pts West Indies to win 5th ODI 10/11 Sportingbet All series long I've thought the Windies will win the series and I still think that so I'm not going to desert them here. I just think they are the better one day side and although the series is 2-2 England still haven't won a full 50 over match yet. There were talks of Chris Gayle leading a boycott of this match but that won't happen. West Indies are likely to make just the one change and it could be a very good one. Nikita Miller is injured so Suliemann Benn comes back into the side. I was amazed he was left out anyway so I see this as a very good change. England could also make one change with Steve Harmison possibly being replaced by Gareth Batty but we could be unchanged as the quicks have done a decent job here in the past. As I said in the 1st paragraph, for me the Windies are the better side, they've certainly played the better cricket in this series and I think they'll wrap it up here in St Lucia. 3pts D.Mascarenhas' Performance Pts 36&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. I couldn't go a whole series without backing the great one :lol. Like Collingwood at the start of this series, this line is just too low. Dimi's a 3D cricketer who can easily cover this total with bat or ball as he's shown in the series to date. He's another who will definitely bat given his explosive hitting and his 10 overs usually provide a breakthrough or two. These current West Indian conditions suit Dimi down to the ground and I expect him to gather 36pts over the course of this match. 4pts Over 6.5 6's Evs Blue Square This is usually a pretty high scoring ground and with Chris Gayle in menacing form at the minute this line could be made mincemeat out of. In fact if the Windies bat 1st they could easily cover this line on their own. However in the last game, England showed they have attacking qualities so they could come to the party. Let's face it, they are due to :lol. At some point England will hit some 6's and there's no reason why it can't be here. Even Canada have hit 6 6's in the two games they played here against England and New Zealand respectively so 6's are hittable on this ground and with the big hitters on show in this game I'll take the overs here. 1pt ew D.Bravo Top West Indies Batsman 15/2 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Dwayne Bravo top scored in stylish fashion in the last ODI and there's no reason why he can't repeat that success in this match. In that last ODI, only Sarwan of the top batsmen in this lineup didn't get in so Bravo's top scoring effort was very much a genuine one. Given that he top scored in the last game this 15/2 is a very big price. I'd imagine his 60 odd will see him come in ahead of Denesh Ramdin in the lineup, meaning he'd come in at number 5 and that makes the 15/2 even bigger. Bravo is an excellent one day cricketer and a fine batsman and with him finding some form with the bat in Barbados I'll go with him to continue that here in St Lucia.

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs England ODI Series & Twenty20 International Just the one here: Shah match runs - 27 or over 5/6 bet3 10 pts. Did this in the last game but was never a runner but doing the selection again. Basically what I said there applies here. Shah is a good player but also a good ODI player who has generally been good in the last 18 months or so. He scored well enough in the first game with a half century before just a couple of starts only thereafter. However at no.4 most likely today he could go well. This pitch from memory is pretty flat, they beat us in a couple of ODIs out there last time chasing down decent scores quite well in the end. Therefore it should enable runs to be scored with reasonable comfort and I feel Shah, in what is a big innings for him here, can get at least 27 runs.

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs England ODI Series & Twenty20 International Kev, There is a bet available for number of wides on William Hill for over or under 15.5. What are your thoughts of over 15.5? In their previous matches at this ground, England have conceded over 10 wides. And with Edwards, the 'wide' bowler, I reckon this looks like a safe bet.

Kev' date=' There is a bet available for number of wides on William Hill for over or under 15.5. What are your thoughts of over 15.5? In their previous matches at this ground, England have conceded over 10 wides. And with Edwards, the 'wide' bowler, I reckon this looks like a safe bet.[/quote'] Over 50 overs I wouldn't have disagreed mate. 29 overs could be iffy.

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs England ODI Series & Twenty20 International England look in a good position, they must make the most of this and set a decent target, good chance of winning the series from here. ...KP out, big wicket....and once again England at the wrong time, fcuk up.

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs England ODI Series & Twenty20 International Ok day today. 6's bet winning cancelled out the Windies losing. Mascarenhas' performance was voided but Bravo top scored with a modest 33. +9 for the day so +15.90 for the match bets over the series. -3 for the outrights though so +12.90 in total at the end of a series which has frustrated me betting wise but has been fairly good cricket wise.

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs England ODI Series & Twenty20 International Good work on the series and particularly that Bravo bet yesterday. I took your advice on the over 6.5 sixes bet and was rather surprised it was allowed to run but it all ended well with the seven sixes so cheers for that one, and I really must remember to read the rules in future for the different bookies. Ironic in the end that England should lose the test series and win the one day series when in terms of quality of performance it should have been the other way around.

Ok day today. 6's bet winning cancelled out the Windies losing. Mascarenhas' performance was voided but Bravo top scored with a modest 33. +9 for the day so +15.90 for the match bets over the series. -3 for the outrights though so +12.90 in total at the end of a series which has frustrated me betting wise but has been fairly good cricket wise.
Great stats, Kev. Frustrating it may be, but you can't sniff at +12.90 for the series. Could have been more with just a little bit of luck too:ok