the happygooner, kevsul and aliando joint charity thread

aliando

off the back of HG's idea for http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/f25/looking-after-our-own-78718/ we have decided to have a joint thread and see what happens. at this stage, there is no pre-determined target as yet - first and foremost, we'll just try and make a profit. If we can put this profit to good use, then that is the overall aim :ok we're gonna start small - £10 each - and see how we go. We havent set rigid criteria for bets, but staking limits will be applied to minimise risk of bankruptcy. we'll keep a record of our own banks as well as a joint bank, and if we actually get to the stage of doing something with the money then we'll put the % of the overall bank that we have towards the total (ie if we have equal banks then it'll be a 50/50 split and if one has double the other's bank, then a 33/66 split) the thread will begin on the 25th march when we can both say we actually have £10 :lol feel free to wish us luck, ask questions, make suggestions, give criticisms along the way - the idea is to make enough profit to be put to good use :hope

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: the happygooner and aliando joint charity thread Certainly wish you both Good Luck, I read the thread, So many complications that could possibly occur:sad Well Staffy's thread here is interesting,to gain some funds and start to get a bit of a bank roll, Also I like the idea of 1+ in running for you but not risk the allin at any stage. I may possibly jump in with you both here if it is OK. I will leave you 2 to work out % or whatever you decide Good Luck Kev :ok

Re: the happygooner and aliando joint charity thread Yeah we've already dicussed what to do if anybody joins in so not a problem. We all keep our seperate banks and depending on how successful/despairing each persons betting activity goes depends on the amount % they donate when target is met. Seeing as I've not once managed to come away with a longterm profit from any thread started I will in all likelihood fail spectacularly here:lol

• 4 weeks later...

Re: the happygooner and aliando joint charity thread Here we go, Here we Go, Here we go.

Bet Status: The following bets have been successfully placed.
2 Selections Chosen
1France v Lithuania (Backing France @ 1.15)
2Netherlands v FYR Macedonia (Backing Netherlands @ 1.15)
Doubles
SelectionsOddsStakePotential win
1 and 21.33£5.00
Bet references: 6864622

Re: the happygooner, kevsul and aliando joint charity thread Cheers Guys, Let see where we are in 6mths, With Ali been CEO, Me been the worker, Ali should be deciding what we doing with the profits, Whilst on Holiday. In Antartica, As you know that would be his kind of Holiday :ok

Re: the happygooner, kevsul and aliando joint charity thread

I know we agreed on a 10% liability limit but I may deviate from this slightly while stakes are so low. Undecided at present. Now come on France don't let us down on the first day:unsure
Sorry did not know about 10%bit Well 50% will be OK if the French can turn on the style. :hope I need them badly in my other thread for a treble and a 6 timer :eek

Sorry did not know about 10%bit Well 50% will be OK if the French can turn on the style. :hope I need them badly in my other thread for a treble and a 6 timer :eek
Ah no problem. I think we need to leave it up to the individual within reason. Damned French, what on earth are they playing at:@

england score and i'm happy - that dont happen often! :lol
:hopeAll stays as it is, my other thread will be buzzing :hope 2 x trebles up :hope, 1 already won. Plus I done all 6 in an Accy, which is very unusual for me

Re: the happygooner, kevsul and aliando joint charity thread :$:$ :sad:sad just noticed that ireland got an equaliser in the 87th minute against 10 man Italy, who had a man sent of on 5 minutes,score a goal not long after. And concede with 3 minutes to go :eyes Never Mind at least its a winner in here :clap:clap:clap

Re: the happygooner and aliando joint charity thread

looks like my memory is the best - which is really worrying! :lol Start bank - £10 1st bet croatia switzerland holland england france brazil all to win plus lay wales 2.90 @ betfair multiples - £1
we start with 2 winners, thanks to france's late goal! well done kev :clap returns £1.80 profit bets - 1 won - 1 lost - 0 profit/loss - +1.80 bank - £11.80

we start with 2 winners, thanks to france's late goal! well done kev :clap returns £1.80 profit bets - 1 won - 1 lost - 0 profit/loss - +1.80 bank - £11.80
I was more concerned about England in the end:unsure Still, results are all that matters here:ok

Here we go, Here we Go, Here we go.
Bet Status: The following bets have been successfully placed.
2 Selections Chosen
1:interface_getMarketData("mi=100455422", "MCL", "896")'>France v Lithuania (Backing France @ 1.15)
2:interface_getMarketData("mi=100455509", "MCL", "896")'>Netherlands v FYR Macedonia (Backing Netherlands @ 1.15)
Doubles
SelectionsOddsStakePotential win
1 and 21.33£5.00
Bet references: 6864622
Returns after commission is £1.57 bets - 1 won - 1 lost - 0 profit/loss - +1.57 bank - £11.57

Re: the happygooner, kevsul and aliando joint charity thread Said I'd start on Saturday and officially it is. 1st Selection is Backing Kashima vs Kyoto in the early hours of the morning. I'm laying Kyoto anyway as part of a system I'm working on but the home win probability seems pretty good also. They won their last 2 home games while Kyoto lost their last. Overall Kyoto lose or draw most away games and the reverse can be said for Kashima at home. They've also won their last 3 respective h2h encounters. Kashima vs Kyoto @ 1.52 staking £5.00 (madness I know but with such a small starting bank I feel trying to hit the ground running is not necessarily a bad thing.