UEFA Cup ( 18-19 02 2009 )

Bagzi

Wednesday 18 February 2009 Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on event. however they do not take account commissions that may be charged.>BPP
Dynamo Kyiv v Valencia (17:00GMT) 2.63 3.35 3.00 101.21 % Details »
Hide « Dynamo Kyiv v Valencia
Zenit v Stuttgart (17:15GMT) 2.10 3.40 4.33 100.11 % Details »
Hide « Zenit v Stuttgart
Olympiakos v Saint-Étienne (17:30GMT) 1.72 3.90 6.50 98.92 % Details »
Hide « Olympiakos v Saint-Étienne
Aston Villa v CSKA Moscow (19:00GMT) 2.06 3.45 4.50 99.75 % Details »
Hide « Aston Villa v CSKA Moscow
Werder Bremen v Milan (19:30GMT) 2.75 3.45 2.87 100.13 % Details »
Hide « Werder Bremen v Milan
Bordeaux v Galatasaray (19:45GMT) 1.97 3.55 4.60 100.67 % Details »
Hide « Bordeaux v Galatasaray
NEC v Hamburger SV (19:45GMT) 3.75 3.45 2.20 101.11 % Details »
Hide « NEC v Hamburger SV
PSG v Wolfsburg (19:45GMT) 2.31 3.40 3.60 100.48 % Details »
Hide « PSG v Wolfsburg
Sampdoria v Metalist Kharkiv (19:45GMT) 1.82 3.60 5.30 101.59 % Details »
Hide « Sampdoria v Metalist Kharkiv
AaB v Deportivo (20:00GMT) 3.35 3.40 2.40 100.93 % Details »
Hide « AaB v Deportivo
Braga v Standard Liège (20:45GMT) 2.62 3.40 3.00 100.84 % Details »
Hide « Braga v Standard Liège
Thursday 19 February 2009 Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on event. however they do not take account commissions that may be charged.>BPP
Lech Poznan v Udinese (17:00GMT) 3.40 3.40 2.40 100.49 % Details »
Hide « Lech Poznan v Udinese
Shakhtar v Tottenham (18:45GMT) 2.25 3.50 3.50 101.59 % Details »
Hide « Shakhtar v Tottenham
FCK v Manchester City (19:05GMT) 3.10 3.45 2.52 100.93 % Details »
Hide « FCK v Manchester City
Fiorentina v Ajax (19:45GMT) 1.66 3.95 6.75 100.13 % Details »
Hide « Fiorentina v Ajax
Marseille v Twente (19:45GMT) 1.73 3.80 6.00 100.79 % Details »

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Cup ( 18-19 02 2009 )

Any reasoning mate?
PSG are flying in their native league. They've got a good mixture of talented players and experienced players. They're hosting a side that isn't very good, doesn't have a great deal of experience and doesn't appear to do very well in Europe. Zenit St Petersburg are a great side with a great manager and they're playing at their fortress. Losing Arshavin will hurt them, but Zenit are a great team, not a great one-man band. They've got more than enough firewpower in a forward line of Dominguez & Tekke/Pognebrayak to overcome a lacklustre and out-of-form VFB Stuttgart. Better sides than Stuttgart have been felled at Petrovsky. The only drawback I envision for Zenit is not playing in their league for a couple of months but even so, I still think they'll breeze this. Bordeaux are absolutely flying in their league. They've got a great manager who is very experienced. They've got a good set of players who are well-organised. They have a good combination up front with the likes of Cavenaghi being supported by the pacey David Bellion or Marouane Chamakh. They're on their own turf where they've already proven to be hard to beat this season, especially when Gourcuff is on form. They're entertaining a side with injury problems to some of their main players and a side in poor league form.

Re: UEFA Cup ( 18-19 02 2009 ) Backing any Russian and Ukrainian teams is a bit tricky as they are still in preparations for the start of the new season which is atill in about a month. I would be tempted by opposing Valencia myself, but not sure what the Kiev side looks like atm. Moreover, Dick Advocaat seems uneasy about Dominguez who, like some other South Americans failed to return in time from home for their training camp in Dubai. Zenit also lost their playmaker Arshavin to Arsenal.

Re: UEFA Cup ( 18-19 02 2009 ) Metalist is the most underrated team in whole competition. Every match, every round we hear Matalist weak here, Metalist will lose there, and each time they play destructive defense, physically very strong and get their points, they were capable of winning their group without even conceding a goal in 4 matches, qualified to next round as table leader in a group with Galatasaray or Olympiakos... Same scenario will be before this match, we'll probably hear from our italian friends how big quality difference between teams are, Samp will win easily etc, and at the end like every round Metalist will get their result. Doesn't matter which players will be rested for Samp cos they concentrate for Seria A. They are totally out of form, could even field best possible team and it would not be capable to win. For me clearest bet of this round: Metallist Kharkiv +0,5 @ 2,13 >10Bet

Backing any Russian and Ukrainian teams is a bit tricky as they are still in preparations for the start of the new season which is atill in about a month. I would be tempted by opposing Valencia myself' date=' but not sure what the Kiev side looks like atm. Moreover, Dick Advocaat seems uneasy about Dominguez who, like some other South Americans failed to return in time from home for their training camp in Dubai. Zenit also lost their playmaker Arshavin to Arsenal.[/quote'] Dynamo were flying before Christmas. Semin has them playing proper Kiev football again. The forward line of Milevskiy and Bangoura is frightening at times and they're facing a weak Valencia, seemingly unable to win. I like the idea of backing Dynamo. As you said, sometimes Eastern European sides don't turn up, but I think now is the perfect time for them to strike. Besides, 2 Russian sides have won the tournament out of the last 4 years, no? ;)

Metalist is the most underrated team in whole competition. Every match, every round we hear Matalist weak here, Metalist will lose there, and each time they play destructive defense, physically very strong and get their points, they were capable of winning their group without even conceding a goal in 4 matches, qualified to next round as table leader in a group with Galatasaray or Olympiakos... Same scenario will be before this match, we'll probably hear from our italian friends how big quality difference between teams are, Samp will win easily etc, and at the end like every round Metalist will get their result. Doesn't matter which players will be rested for Samp cos they concentrate for Seria A. They are totally out of form, could even field best possible team and it would not be capable to win. For me clearest bet of this round: Metallist Kharkiv X2 @ 1,97 Centrebet
I thoroughly agree - I've loved backing them so far. They're such a gritty, resilient side. I would not waste any money backing Sampdoria to beat them tomorrow, although I am tempted by the goalless draw. Sampdoria will not fancy Ukraine at this time of year in a couple of weeks time and a narrow home win could see Metalist progress.

Metalist is the most underrated team in whole competition. Every match, every round we hear Matalist weak here, Metalist will lose there, and each time they play destructive defense, physically very strong and get their points, they were capable of winning their group without even conceding a goal in 4 matches, qualified to next round as table leader in a group with Galatasaray or Olympiakos... Same scenario will be before this match, we'll probably hear from our italian friends how big quality difference between teams are, Samp will win easily etc, and at the end like every round Metalist will get their result. Doesn't matter which players will be rested for Samp cos they concentrate for Seria A. They are totally out of form, could even field best possible team and it would not be capable to win. For me clearest bet of this round: Metallist Kharkiv X2 @ 1,97 Centrebet
See this is tricky, Samp put themselves in such a tough hole that now they have to figure out their priorities. They have a must win game vs Atalanta this weekend so pending their performance and injuries involved in this match I'll have to back them there. However the price you are getting with Metallist is ridiculous, I would take it myself considering this is the UEFA Cup and really at this stage of the draw, many people will wager on teams with names they are familiar. The UEFA Cup was something on Sampdoria's priorities, but now I'm not too sure. I don't think they have seen enough of Metallist to really get a grasp of them therefore they could be in a disadvantage, Sampdoria's attack is a hit or miss so I would avoid the total for now. BOL

Re: UEFA Cup ( 18-19 02 2009 ) Since my Villans got knocked out of the FA Cup now it becomes tricky. Playing in the UEFA Cup means more money, but with already such a tiny squad it can also mean more fatigued players. They are in an interesting situation trying to gain the CL passage through the league. But to be honest, playing 2 competitive matches per week is ideal at this level of football. Keeps the players on their toes and the competition level will increase. If Villa had won vs Everton I would of second guessed their credentials this match but now MON has to realize they are in only 2 competitions and need some form of income for bolstering the squad. I am not too sure about CSKA Moscow and the fact they haven't played a competitive match in awhile. I could be wrong so if anyone has some valid info, I'd love to hear.

Re: UEFA Cup ( 18-19 02 2009 ) Some news about Wolfsburg match. Coach Magath underlined that he is aware of PSG's strength and that PSG is a team which could soon head Champions League again. Key for him will be to be careful in defense and work good in midfield, but additionally not hide, which means they gonna probably set some dangerous counterattacks again. So far Uefa Cup stats are 4 wins 2 draws for Wolfsburg (including 2:2 draw against Milan away). Will be a though match, draw has some value!

Re: UEFA Cup ( 18-19 02 2009 ) I cant believe Aalborg are even in this competition and unless Deportivo are awful then they will get through over the two legs. Aalborg are no better than average at the most. I fancy them to probably to win both legs. I wont be touching Villa as i think Cska are a decent outfit and have done well last couple of years in this competition. I wonder if Villa will have 1 eye on weekend.

See this is tricky, Samp put themselves in such a tough hole that now they have to figure out their priorities. They have a must win game vs Atalanta this weekend so pending their performance and injuries involved in this match I'll have to back them there. However the price you are getting with Metallist is ridiculous, I would take it myself considering this is the UEFA Cup and really at this stage of the draw, many people will wager on teams with names they are familiar. The UEFA Cup was something on Sampdoria's priorities, but now I'm not too sure. I don't think they have seen enough of Metallist to really get a grasp of them therefore they could be in a disadvantage, Sampdoria's attack is a hit or miss so I would avoid the total for now. BOL
agree Samp will probably concentrate on domestic league to avoid the worst. Somehow I have the gut feeling we'll perhaps see here a boring 0:0 ;)

Re: UEFA Cup ( 18-19 02 2009 ) Spox.com (german source) says following: St. Germain with 2nd team "St. Germain will again probably rest their good players. Already in latest matches coach Paul Le Guen used young players, in order to rest his players for the league matches. In group match against Schalke 04, Paris was defeated 1:3 when playing with a "B-team". Expected lineups! Paris St. Germain: Landreau - Ceara, Camara, Sakho, Armand - Chantome, Sessegnon, Pancrate, Rothen - Luyindula, Hoarau. - Coach: Le Guen Wolfsburg: Benaglio - Riether, Simunek, Barzagli, Schäfer - Josue, Schindzielorz - Hasebe, Gentner - Misimovic - Dzeko. - Coach: Magath. Maybe some value in Wolfsburg even! :unsure

I cant believe Aalborg are even in this competition and unless Deportivo are awful then they will get through over the two legs. Aalborg are no better than average at the most. I fancy them to probably to win both legs. I wont be touching Villa as i think Cska are a decent outfit and have done well last couple of years in this competition. I wonder if Villa will have 1 eye on weekend.
Haha are you serious? Aalborg are a tenacious side that nobody has destroyed in the Champions League this year. There have been wins against them, yes, but no drubbings. Aalborg are more than capable of dealing out what they receive as has been indicated by the number of goals they've scored in the campaign. They're facing a Depor side that isn't in good form and doesn't travel well - don't count this as a game already won!

I will bet Valencia to qualify to the next phase. They have very easy opponent. Dynamo is not so strength as few years ago. They have only one advantage - Ukrainian very cold weather in present time.
Dynamo are the strongest they have been in the last 4-5 years with their current side. Valencia are the weakest they have been in the last 4-5 years. Be careful!

Since my Villans got knocked out of the FA Cup now it becomes tricky. Playing in the UEFA Cup means more money, but with already such a tiny squad it can also mean more fatigued players. They are in an interesting situation trying to gain the CL passage through the league. But to be honest, playing 2 competitive matches per week is ideal at this level of football. Keeps the players on their toes and the competition level will increase. If Villa had won vs Everton I would of second guessed their credentials this match but now MON has to realize they are in only 2 competitions and need some form of income for bolstering the squad. I am not too sure about CSKA Moscow and the fact they haven't played a competitive match in awhile. I could be wrong so if anyone has some valid info, I'd love to hear.
New manager with CSKA is Zico. The team will try to impress. CSKA already play good football. If he is fit, watch out for prodigy Alan Dzagoev. Again, if they're fit, watch out for Vagner Love, who is clinical on his day, and the pace of Yury Zhirkov down the left. Milos Krasic has tremendous pace and energy for a central midfielder and lastly, watch out for the Berzeutskiy brothers from set pieces. I don't think Tomas Necid is eligible to play, which is good because he is a good goalscorer, although not proven in Russia yet.

I cant believe Aalborg are even in this competition and unless Deportivo are awful then they will get through over the two legs. Aalborg are no better than average at the most. I fancy them to probably to win both legs. I wont be touching Villa as i think Cska are a decent outfit and have done well last couple of years in this competition. I wonder if Villa will have 1 eye on weekend.
Aab has a poor defense, d'accord, but they scored as many goals as Manu or Villareal, 9 in 6 matches and this is a quite good rate for CL. IMO they deserve the UEFA Cup and also will get at least one point against Depor, my play will be lay Deportivo

PSG' date=' Zenit and Bordeaux to win - cracking treble![/quote'] Cracking odds indeed, but as posted with other guys trusting a Russian team fully after the break is a bit brave. Stuttgart in fact started well in the league - a win in L'kusen and a credible draw in Hannover isn't bad at all. This particular German team as a rule does better in the second half of the season, they're familiar with Euro Cups as well. Zenith record last season against German teams is great, but I was lucky to see all 5 games and truth is they gained their advantage away - in St Petersburg they were strange. At home to Nurnberg they were 2-0 down at some point, true, Charisteas scored from a lucky deflection, but both Russian goals to level the score were more a result of chaotic push than a good football. Vs Leverkusen Zenith gave the Germans a counter-attacking lesson away, just to drop the game home having a great advantage from the first leg. Vs Bayern it was a different story, the 1-1 draw away pushed Bayern to open up from the start, Zenith were clinical enough to score 2 relatively early goals on the break ( mind you, without Arshavin ) and Bayern forgot completely about defending, finishing the game with 4 forwards and dirty nervous play, being destroyed on counters. Truth is though Advocaat played both games vs Bayern as if he plays away, tight defending and limited attacking with fast breaks. Advocaat is top Manager, but pushing forward from the start vs a German team that scored 7 in the last 2 games, hmmm... Zenith won the Cup with great counter-attacking football, but everyone is now aware, incl. Stuttgart, a possible swap of roles might have the opposite effect. Fingers crossed for your bet, but I would go for singles, with this game I think no team has any advantage, it could simply go either way. Don't want to start another topic here again, but after losing to Leverkusen at home voices were heard the game was dropped on purpose( bookies?). More salt was added to the wound with the mob in Russia claiming they ''bought'' the game vs Bayern. What has to be remembered is that they knocked out Villareal, Marseille, Bayer, Bayern and Rangers and scalped Man U for the Super Cup. Yet no one has any idea how well are they prepared now. NO BET

Re: UEFA Cup ( 18-19 02 2009 ) Information about Stuttgart: The injured Khedira, who played quite a key part in last matches is fit again and gonna start from the beginning. Striker Gomez on very good form and Cacau will get more time playing too after his longtime injury. Expect quite a low score match at the end, if Zenit wont play under their level or 100% perfectly (either concede too much, or score too many). Could be a really boring match! :ok

Re: UEFA Cup ( 18-19 02 2009 ) Dunno why but gut feeling says me not to bet against St. Liege, match could end draw, both teams are quite same quality. Standard made their way through last stage in a absolutely minimalistic way, scoring 5 and conceding 3 goals in 4 matches. Braga was kind of a goal mashine, scored and conceded many goals, untypical for this portugese side. But they posses a solid defense, difficult to play against, especially at home. Best bet IMO will be under 2,5 goals, but bookies know this fact either and offer only odds around 1,65. Only GoldVictory offers more value with nice 1,75.

Information about Stuttgart: The injured Khedira, who played quite a key part in last matches is fit again and gonna start from the beginning. Striker Gomez on very good form and Cacau will get more time playing too after his longtime injury. Expect quite a low score match at the end, if Zenit wont play under their level or 100% perfectly (either concede too much, or score too many). Could be a really boring match! :ok
I hope not, in my eyes Zenith are going fairly strong forward with 3 + 1 - Pogrebniak, Fayzulin, Semshov and Hutzsi behind them, while Stuttgart are having both Marica and Gomez forward. Zyrianov, as well as The Hammer and Simak for Stuttgart are also more attacking - minded. Yet you could be right, as on the scheme I see clearly 5 people in defence for the guests - Babbel is looking for safety and breaks. I must admit though - true , Stuttgart scored 7 in the last 2, but they also conceded 10 in the last 3, with the Cup game vs Bayern. I do give a slight advantage to Zenith, but still NO BET, if Stuttgart score first anything could happen. Plus who could certainly confirm Dominguez is out tomorrow....Subs are not listed yet, any info? @ zico - Eurosport show no Cacau and Khedira in the first 11, maybe I am wrong, but in UEFA they are usually very reliable? Please advice...

Re: UEFA Cup ( 18-19 02 2009 ) Just a little experiment for me . Will try paly all the matches on AH . Just to test my knowledge. Interesting how many will go through Valencia (+0.25) @ 1.74 I know that Valenica is in very difficult situation right now with a lot of financial problems. Dynamo is playing their best football in some years. But i do think a lack of match fitness will hurt Dynamo here as Valencia has some top class finishers Zenit (-0.25) @ 1.79 I think it will a tough match for both sides with a lot of tackles in midfield .No team will want to risk too much .I do think Zenit will get an edge in this one with all the home crowd support + i think that Stuttgart is very unstable side now and lack mental strenght Olympiakos (-0.5) @ 1.73 Olympiakos has and outsdanding home record and i'm pretty sure they will be very motivated in this one. St Etienne have some problems in Ligue 1 and i don't think UEFA cup is their top priority right now Aston Villa (-0.5) @ 2.04 This one is very difficult to predict. I think the outcome of this game will be decided by what lineup will MON field for this game and how will he get players' minds of that defeat to Everton. If MON fields his top guns i think Villa is more than capale hurting unfit CKSA Milan (+0.25) @ 1.71 Arguably Milan have lost a race for Scudetto to Inter, so they should be motivated enough now to try and win the UEFA cup . Werder have some problems at the moment ,they are under-performing , and the team is under pressure. I don't think Milan will lose this match Metalist (+0.75) @ 1.82 Metalist is a pretty good side. They play very well in defence and do create some chances. I think they will be very tough nutt to crack + Sampa don't convince me at all at the moment PSG (+0) @ 1.65 PSG is flying at the moment and are very confident plus the home crowd support should help them. I do rate Wolfsburg too and think they are top class side. But since the match is played in Paris i do give slight advantage to PSG . This is one of the toughest bets in this round for me, very difficult to predict Hamburg (+0) @ 1.43 Hamburg should take advantage of NEC's poor run of form and i think they have quality to do so. Don't think Hamburg will lose this one Galatasaray (+0.75) @ 1.75 Galatasaray have a good team this term and have a new good striker (Baros) that scores consistenly plus the final of the UEFA cup will be played in Istambul so all the players should be motivated to through, Bordeaux is very good team and i like them very much , but i don't trust them enough because of their recent slipups in Ligue 1 Deportivo (+0) @ 1.69 This is very tough to call too. Depor is very poor recently after a very promising rise in the ranks in La Liga + Lotina has a lot of injury worries. Aab will lack match fitness, but they actually did OK in Champions League group stage. However i think Depor wo't lose this game Standard (+0.25) @ 1.82 This one bet i really like. I was backing Standard right from the begining of the UEFA cup and made some profit. This side really impressed me this year ,they are playing absolutely top class football especially at home. So i think they will be up for it and will not lose to average Braga side Good luck whatever your bets are :hope Cheers :cheers

Re: UEFA Cup ( 18-19 02 2009 ) The reason I am paying so much attention to Zenith is not because I like writting a mile-long previews. Winning the Cup last season was against most odds and against most rules I follow when I am picking a game here. Among the most important are : - experience in Euro Cups; - domestic league ambitions/problems; - Manager and club budget; - bench... Surely there are others to consider in each particular game, but based on this I decided a NO BET in many, it is worth seeing the teams in UEFA at least in one round/leg before risking much. What I got left is a very short list to hopefully choose from - NEC, Olympiakos, PSG, Aalborg, FC Copenhagen :lol Not much, huh....

Re: UEFA Cup ( 18-19 02 2009 ) Some weather forecasts for tomorrow: St Peterburg -1C/-3C with chance of snow Aalborg 0C/-3C with chance of snow Kyiv -2C/-3C with chance of snow Will start with the last one.. As a rule the Spanish teams don't feel very comfortable playing under such conditions. We saw that this year with Barca in Donetsk and Villareal in Aalborg. Last year Valencia were in a very similar situation as they experienced problems in the Primera and had to travel to Norway, where the weather was the same. They lost that game with 2-0 although they won with 4-0 at this very same stadium this year. Which shows that the crisis was the only thing that stopped them from taking the 3 pts last year. I red somewhere that the players haven't received their salaries and is almost a fact the Silva and Villa are leaving in the summer. The team has to pay the squad something like 14M euro, money they don't have and nobody knows when the pour guys are getting their money. So the players are unmotivated and distracted and everything in the team as general is unstable. Great opportunity for Dynamo to take the 3 pts. Don't think it would be such a huge problem they haven't played in a official game since December as they have played 5 friendlies from the start of February. So my first pick is.. HW in Kyiv