** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Cup ( 18-19 02 2009 )

Bagzi

Re: UEFA Cup ( 18-19 02 2009 ) Aalborg 0C/-3C with chance of snow Another Spanish side that has to travel across Europe for their game in Denmark. Depo are everything but impressive in their travels even in the Primera. They had to travel to Norway and Russia earlier this season and lost both games not scoring a single goal, but at their own ground they are still unbeatable. Aalborg shew they aren't afraid of the big names, although the time of Super Depo has passed long time ago. The Danish side managed to beat Celtic in the most important game in their group and deserved their place in the UEFA Cup. They finished 3rd with a very decent amount of points - 6 and I fancy the HW here as I think there are too many factors that prevent Depo from taking the 3 pts, although a low scoring draw is still very possible.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Cup ( 18-19 02 2009 ) Im not doubting Aalborg have done well to get there, but in the champions league they were very lucky. The Celtic game in Denmark should have been done and dusted by half time, if celtic had any sort of finisher. Every time i have seen them they have made mistakes that a team in the same competition as AC Milan just cant afford to do. I dont know enough about Depo, but if they are any sort of team they will qualify if not tomo then over the two legs.

Re: UEFA Cup ( 18-19 02 2009 ) As I don't consider the UEFA Cup as the best competition to put my cash on, I'll make only one more bet in here and that would be the overs in Birmingham. Villa's 5 out of last 6 home games were over ,while CSKA are with 5 out of 6 overs in their games in Europe this season. Think that if CSKA score first or even a 1-1 equalizer the game will go over 2.5 and the Russians just seam unstoppable atm. Zico made some miracles last year with Fenerbahce and I think the players here are capable enough for reaching the high stages in the competion and imo they should be rated as one of the favorites in the tourney. P.S. The underdog role that Stuttgart play in Peterburg could happen to be profitable for them. I fancy the Russians here but will stay away as I saw some of their CL games and they were really struggling to score.. of course that was Juve, but anyway.. no bet for me GL

Re: UEFA Cup ( 18-19 02 2009 ) Hello, i'm from Saint-Etienne... Like I did when Les Verts played in Copenagen (1-3) or against Rosenborg (3-0), i just advice you that Saint-Etienne is a French team with great players which have european level... Latest results against best French teams : - Bordeaux -ASSE 0-1 (cup) - Lyon - ASSE 1-1 - PSG - ASSE 2-1 I swear you that Saint-Etienne can take the draw or the win in Athens tonight... That is not sure, of course, but this team is plenty of great players : Gomis, Mirallas, Payet, Ilan, Talvaridis... My call : 1-1 cause oly (and greek team in general) is always hard to break at home... But I think Saint-Etienne will pass this round. So..... enormous value bet for me ! Saint-Etienne +0.5 @ 2,49 Pinnacle 4/10 PS :Return leg : ASSE 3 - Oly 1 PPS : DON'T FOLLOW ME...... I'm a Saint-Etienne fan, but, this year I have made some greats profits on UEFA Cup with Saint-Etienne... Imagine the odds if it was Marseille or Bordeaux against Oly... Saint-Etienne, Marseille and Bordeaux are likely the same level... So... Value bet ! Goooood luck to all tipsters and again............ Allez les Verts !!!!!

Re: UEFA Cup ( 18-19 02 2009 ) Villa vs CSK Complex conundrum:unsure Villa are depleted at the back with injuries. Heskey is out (Martin may have a few sharp words for Fabio on that score:@). Barry is back which is a plus. CSK have not played for over a month. However, they have a new manager and a rather good one - teams are out to impress a new manager. Added to that is the rather impeccable form of CSK in the qualifying rounds. I do not see any value in the evens for Villa and I think Martin will send out his boys to keep a clean sheet if possible and then hit them on the break in the away tie This is a game to bet in running. Wait to see how CSK play and evaluate how match fit they are. If CSK play to their potential then Villa will need to be patient and it will be a likely - Draw

Re: UEFA Cup ( 18-19 02 2009 )

PSG are flying in their native league. They've got a good mixture of talented players and experienced players. They're hosting a side that isn't very good, doesn't have a great deal of experience and doesn't appear to do very well in Europe. Zenit St Petersburg are a great side with a great manager and they're playing at their fortress. Losing Arshavin will hurt them, but Zenit are a great team, not a great one-man band. They've got more than enough firewpower in a forward line of Dominguez & Tekke/Pognebrayak to overcome a lacklustre and out-of-form VFB Stuttgart. Better sides than Stuttgart have been felled at Petrovsky. The only drawback I envision for Zenit is not playing in their league for a couple of months but even so, I still think they'll breeze this. Bordeaux are absolutely flying in their league. They've got a great manager who is very experienced. They've got a good set of players who are well-organised. They have a good combination up front with the likes of Cavenaghi being supported by the pacey David Bellion or Marouane Chamakh. They're on their own turf where they've already proven to be hard to beat this season, especially when Gourcuff is on form. They're entertaining a side with injury problems to some of their main players and a side in poor league form.
Did you now that Zenit change almost 7 players ?

Some weather forecasts for tomorrow: St Peterburg -1C/-3C with chance of snow Aalborg 0C/-3C with chance of snow Kyiv -2C/-3C with chance of snow Will start with the last one.. As a rule the Spanish teams don't feel very comfortable playing under such conditions. We saw that this year with Barca in Donetsk and Villareal in Aalborg. Last year Valencia were in a very similar situation as they experienced problems in the Primera and had to travel to Norway, where the weather was the same. They lost that game with 2-0 although they won with 4-0 at this very same stadium this year. Which shows that the crisis was the only thing that stopped them from taking the 3 pts last year. I red somewhere that the players haven't received their salaries and is almost a fact the Silva and Villa are leaving in the summer. The team has to pay the squad something like 14M euro, money they don't have and nobody knows when the pour guys are getting their money. So the players are unmotivated and distracted and everything in the team as general is unstable. Great opportunity for Dynamo to take the 3 pts. Don't think it would be such a huge problem they haven't played in a official game since December as they have played 5 friendlies from the start of February. So my first pick is.. HW in Kyiv
I like this selection..After some stat research,I've found that Valencia can't keep clean sheet(in Primera)whole 2009 by now,on the last 7 matches they've conceded 14 what is average of two goals conceded per game. Scoring one goal(or two)today is something that can ensure far better position in the 2nd leg for the Valencia's squad.Attacking force in Valenicia is great,expect them to try scoring in Kiev. There is value to back the home team,but I think,it's safer to bet on Dinamo K. to score two or more @ 3(local),what is even more valuable. Good luck,with your bets:cheers

Re: UEFA Cup ( 18-19 02 2009 ) Hi guys, I'm from Ukraine and i'm new here:D From now i'll try to give you as more info about ukrainians clubs as possible.Also i may start ukraine premier league topic :drums For now few words about Dynamo Kiev in today's match. Injured Diakate and Bangura will be big miss for Dynamo. New striker Gil'erme will help Milevsky in attack.According to coach Semin it will be big surprise for Valencia. Chairman Surkis also admited that draw will be big disappointment for him and players will be rewarded(cash) for good game. All tickets for this match sold out so stadium will be full. Plus cold weather and long trip to Kyiv should do the job. My bet Dynamo Kyiv +0.5 AH or DNB :hope GL Sorry for my english lads,i'm learning ;)

Re: UEFA Cup ( 18-19 02 2009 ) There is one bet in every game in the 1st legs of knock-out rounds, Under 2.5 Goals. The way I see it is neither team wants to give much away on the 1st leg, The home side would of course like to grab a goal or two but it is important that they don't concede. The same can be said about the away side, They would like to get that away goal but it is also important that they do not give themselves to much do at home. I don't know what the recent stats are like for this kind of thing? To me though it makes sense and I hope will bring profit. 1pt staked on under 2.5 goals in every match. Will update when the games are over to see how much profit/loss it brought.

I like this selection..After some stat research,I've found that Valencia can't keep clean sheet(in Primera)whole 2009 by now,on the last 7 matches they've conceded 14 what is average of two goals conceded per game. Scoring one goal(or two)today is something that can ensure far better position in the 2nd leg for the Valencia's squad.Attacking force in Valenicia is great,expect them to try scoring in Kiev. There is value to back the home team,but I think,it's safer to bet on Dinamo K. to score two or more @ 3(local),what is even more valuable. Good luck,with your bets:cheers
Will be good if they could score 1 goal m8.Remember matches against Arsenal,Porto and Fenerbahce?I don't think there will be loads of goals in this match.I'm thinking about draw 1-1 :unsure But anyway undrer 2.5 goals probably.GL

I hope not, in my eyes Zenith are going fairly strong forward with 3 + 1 - Pogrebniak, Fayzulin, Semshov and Hutzsi behind them, while Stuttgart are having both Marica and Gomez forward. Zyrianov, as well as The Hammer and Simak for Stuttgart are also more attacking - minded. Yet you could be right, as on the scheme I see clearly 5 people in defence for the guests - Babbel is looking for safety and breaks. I must admit though - true , Stuttgart scored 7 in the last 2, but they also conceded 10 in the last 3, with the Cup game vs Bayern. I do give a slight advantage to Zenith, but still NO BET, if Stuttgart score first anything could happen. Plus who could certainly confirm Dominguez is out tomorrow....Subs are not listed yet, any info? @ zico - Eurosport show no Cacau and Khedira in the first 11, maybe I am wrong, but in UEFA they are usually very reliable? Please advice...
Well Cacau did play a bit at weekend, bot seeing him in first lineup yet. Situation of Khedira will be decided short before match starts! As I said, if Zenit will fire up some very good performance, they are capable of scoring a few! Difficult to bet on this finally..

Villa vs CSK Complex conundrum:unsure Villa are depleted at the back with injuries. Heskey is out (Martin may have a few sharp words for Fabio on that score:@). Barry is back which is a plus. CSK have not played for over a month. However, they have a new manager and a rather good one - teams are out to impress a new manager. Added to that is the rather impeccable form of CSK in the qualifying rounds. I do not see any value in the evens for Villa and I think Martin will send out his boys to keep a clean sheet if possible and then hit them on the break in the away tie This is a game to bet in running. Wait to see how CSK play and evaluate how match fit they are. If CSK play to their potential then Villa will need to be patient and it will be a likely - Draw
As cup games are always full of unexpected results, I'd expect this one to be the easiest one; add to all above mentioned that Villa hosts Chelsea in Saturday in their fight to secure place for next Champions League, so they will take care not to suffer injury this evening; that CSKA has 5 brazilian players, who will probably feel more comfortable under their new coach Zico, and in winter break they did not sell any player, so it's still the same team, who has excellent run of 4 wins in friendly matches recently, and 18 wins and only two defeats in last 20 matches (insluding Russian champ., UEFA cup and friendlies): http://data1.7m.cn/Team_Data/215/en/index.shtml Therefore, I consider this match as clear draw or away win at 1.85, or away win draw no bet at 2.35. Good luck! :ok

Re: UEFA Cup ( 18-19 02 2009 ) Aston Villa -1 (EH) Villa are riding high in the EPL and have been in very good form of late. They should be too strong for a CSKA side that is still in pre season since they haven't played a competitive match since december 4th so they will lack the sharpness and fitness that Englsh teams pride on and look for Villa to comfortably win this game. Milan Expect Milan to dominate this game as while they will be disappointed in their loss to their rivals Inter n the weekend they know now that this competition gives them the only chance to get a trophy this year so they will be ready to play. With the likes of Inzaghi and Ronaldinho leading the forward line and supported by Pirlo and Seedorf, they should be able to overcome a Bremen side that ahs been struggling in the Bundesliga and will find it very hard to defend against a motivated Milan side Hamburg -1.5 Hamburg have been impressive in this competition as manager Jol has built a very good side who have won their last 3 away games in the cup and scored 2 goals in each game. NEC were fortunate to sneak into the next stage with two wins in their last 2 games but they will face a very good side who have Petric and Olic scoring goals for them

Spox.com (german source) says following: St. Germain with 2nd team "St. Germain will again probably rest their good players. Already in latest matches coach Paul Le Guen used young players, in order to rest his players for the league matches. In group match against Schalke 04, Paris was defeated 1:3 when playing with a "B-team". Expected lineups! Paris St. Germain: Landreau - Ceara, Camara, Sakho, Armand - Chantome, Sessegnon, Pancrate, Rothen - Luyindula, Hoarau. - Coach: Le Guen Wolfsburg: Benaglio - Riether, Simunek, Barzagli, Schäfer - Josue, Schindzielorz - Hasebe, Gentner - Misimovic - Dzeko. - Coach: Magath. Maybe some value in Wolfsburg even! :unsure
Hmmm... Is this true for PSG players? :unsure And I think Dzeko & Misimovic will destroy PSG :loon

Re: UEFA Cup ( 18-19 02 2009 ) Well they have a very important match at weekend against Hertha! But so far there are no signs that they want rest any player (speaking for Wolfsburg) or dont want to give 100% of their possible performance. Would be nice to see fixed lineup of PSG though!

Hi guys, I'm from Ukraine and i'm new here:D From now i'll try to give you as more info about ukrainians clubs as possible.Also i may start ukraine premier league topic :drums For now few words about Dynamo Kiev in today's match. Injured Diakate and Bangura will be big miss for Dynamo. New striker Gil'erme will help Milevsky in attack.According to coach Semin it will be big surprise for Valencia. Chairman Surkis also admited that draw will be big disappointment for him and players will be rewarded(cash) for good game. All tickets for this match sold out so stadium will be full. Plus cold weather and long trip to Kyiv should do the job. My bet Dynamo Kyiv +0.5 AH or DNB :hope GL Sorry for my english lads,i'm learning ;)
:welcome to the PL mate, all contributions are more than welcome, good write up here, dont worry about your English it's better than you think it is :ok Keep the information coming :clap

Re: UEFA Cup ( 18-19 02 2009 ) Aston Villa -0.25 1.73 @ Betfair I really dont think Cska will handle the high rithm of the Villians...english sides are very strong, the english football is very tough..Cska is in pre-season, they dont play an official match for the last 2 months...MON played the final a few years ago with Celtic, he is very experienced will now how to take lead today. Valencia +0.25 1.91 @ Betfair After winning in Istambul Arsene Wenger said he will be happy to get two points out the games against Kiev and Porto...the ucranians took that advantage and almost won the game...then they won to a really poor Fenerbahce...but when Porto went there they taught them a lesson of how to counter attack...and they won the match. Today Dinamo will face two of the most brilliant wingers in Europe: Vicente and David Silva...with Villa or Morientes upfront, i predict Valencia can score at least one goal to get a draw and take the decision to Mestalla. Dinamo is missing the totalist in Europe matches, Diakahte and also the key midfielder Alyiev.. Let´s face it: Valencia is not an average team...they might have some problems but they still are a top team with top class players...that´s why i dont understand such a gap in the odds Braga DNB 1.85 @ Betfair Braga has been really impressive...at home they are very strong and conceed very few goals...Boloni know well the portuguese side, so i think he will play very cautious trying to avoid goals and take the decision to Belgium. I predict a very balanced match but im going for the home victory as Braga uses to play really well at their stadium. Bremen - Milan Over 2.5 1.9 @ Betfair Like i expected Bremen is now favourite...they are playng bad in bundesliga but in Europe against top sides they always over-perform...they caused a lot of troubles to Barcelona and Chelsea in the past years, and this year they won to Inter... Milan is missing Kaka and probably Pato and Beckham, also Maldini is not playing today so Senderos might be in...Ancelotti will now focus on this competition, but Milan´s defense is kinda poor...so with Pizarro, Almeida and Diego, they will have a hard time as Bremen plays a very attacking style at home. Inzaghi is only striker available for Milan and thata guy is also amazing, one the topscorers in European Cups I think both teams will score and maybe a 2-1 or 2-2 result.

Re: UEFA Cup ( 18-19 02 2009 ) Im also with: Inzaghi to score anytime 2.68 @ Betfair When that guy plays is always a huge threat...facing a weak defense that barely keeps a clean sheet i believe he can score..Milan will try the counter attack and the amazing passing of Ronaldinho. Olympiakos to win 1.67 Alain Perrin said in the press conference that his team is already planning the game next saturday against Bordeaux at home...he said that avoiding relegation is their biggest concern. Olympiakos has an amazing record this season of 16 victories in 16 matches at their stadium. I think they will take the lead and win this match...i wont risk the -1 though because last 4 matches they won all 2-1. But i can´t see them not winning today...even with these small odds ill take the shot.

Re: UEFA Cup ( 18-19 02 2009 ) Sampdoria v Metalist half time draw @2.2 :hope Last 4 matches in UEFA cup Metalist finished half time in draw 0-0.I've done it before and i'm doing it again - half time draw 0-0 A.Villa v CSKA both to score @1.83 :hope GL

Re: UEFA Cup ( 18-19 02 2009 ) For me it just has to be Standard Leige! They have proved time and time again in Europe that they have the quality as a team with their strong pressing game. Even without Fellani they still beat a good Everton side and looking at Braga's recent form it is up and down with the last two of the 'big two' Porto and Sporting they got beat on both occasions whereas Standard have won their last four games keeping clean sheets in all these games! ( won their last 7 overall) Shaktar Donetsk have won their last 7 games after a poor start to the season and are now starting to play to their potential with them having a very talented/expensive squad! I wouldn't go near them though at their price as looking at their champions league results they didn't prove much having been beating home and away by SPorting Lisbon! They beat the minnows of the group, Basel and Zagreb but this was to be expected whilst the win against Barcelona was against a much weakened team which had already qualified Think Spurs are seriously underestimated for this tie and 8/11 for them to qualify looks pretty big but i'll leave it alone due to their inconsistency!

I hope not, in my eyes Zenith are going fairly strong forward with 3 + 1 - Pogrebniak, Fayzulin, Semshov and Hutzsi behind them, while Stuttgart are having both Marica and Gomez forward. Zyrianov, as well as The Hammer and Simak for Stuttgart are also more attacking - minded. Yet you could be right, as on the scheme I see clearly 5 people in defence for the guests - Babbel is looking for safety and breaks. I must admit though - true , Stuttgart scored 7 in the last 2, but they also conceded 10 in the last 3, with the Cup game vs Bayern. I do give a slight advantage to Zenith, but still NO BET, if Stuttgart score first anything could happen. Plus who could certainly confirm Dominguez is out tomorrow....Subs are not listed yet, any info? @ zico - Eurosport show no Cacau and Khedira in the first 11, maybe I am wrong, but in UEFA they are usually very reliable? Please advice...
2:1 FT, I saw only last 4 minutes (came back from playing myself) and Gomez had a very good chance to equalise. Additionally Tymoschuk will be out in 2nd match due to yellow card.. big miss for Zenit!

Hello, i'm from Saint-Etienne... Like I did when Les Verts played in Copenagen (1-3) or against Rosenborg (3-0), i just advice you that Saint-Etienne is a French team with great players which have european level... Latest results against best French teams : - Bordeaux -ASSE 0-1 (cup) - Lyon - ASSE 1-1 - PSG - ASSE 2-1 I swear you that Saint-Etienne can take the draw or the win in Athens tonight... That is not sure, of course, but this team is plenty of great players : Gomis, Mirallas, Payet, Ilan, Talvaridis... My call : 1-1 cause oly (and greek team in general) is always hard to break at home... But I think Saint-Etienne will pass this round. So..... enormous value bet for me ! Saint-Etienne +0.5 @ 2,49 Pinnacle 4/10 PS :Return leg : ASSE 3 - Oly 1 PPS : DON'T FOLLOW ME...... I'm a Saint-Etienne fan, but, this year I have made some greats profits on UEFA Cup with Saint-Etienne... Imagine the odds if it was Marseille or Bordeaux against Oly... Saint-Etienne, Marseille and Bordeaux are likely the same level... So... Value bet ! Goooood luck to all tipsters and again............ Allez les Verts !!!!!
Well Done Alex!! :clap:clap

2:1 FT, I saw only last 4 minutes (came back from playing myself) and Gomez had a very good chance to equalise. Additionally Tymoschuk will be out in 2nd match due to yellow card.. big miss for Zenit!
Missed the game myself, but like I said it was no bet to me. Looking at the first leg results, I will be busy for the second games. Watched Werder though, and Man U ( terrible picture ) - Bremen out of curiosity, United being my main bet today. Oh, I need another one there badly...;)