Best Bet of the Day 9/2

RussP

1.40 Wolverhampton A pretty low grade affair, a Class 6 0-52 handicap, with 12 runners competing over 7f. Any one of 5 horses here could start favourite and I strongly believe the winner will come from these 5. I'm opposing Aggbag as it seems an inconsistent type, Mr Rev is still a maiden whilst Stargazy has it to prove from outside draw and a very inexperienced 7lb claimer. Just Jimmy has solid claims but always seems to find 1 or 2 too good even when conditions suit. Therefore, the one I'm on is: Inka Dancer (RPF 7/1) - I really think this horse has a good chance today. Draw on the inside in stall 1, it will be able to obtain a nice early position and that could be crucial early doors. Raced off much higher marks and ran well of them too. Very little recent form to go on and was lightly raced in 2008 but I'm sweet on this horses chances based on its last run. Was dropped to todays mark for that race, and raced over just 6f (seems better at 7f). Had Catherine Gannon in the saddle that day, the horse broke well and settled in 2nd/3rd but got shuffled back through the pack as it seemed a little outpaced. However, made a strong run on the inside off the home turn and looked a real danger until snatched up just inside the final furlong. In the end, finished 3L 6th but would surely have finished much closer with a clear run. Also looked to stay on well so I'm confident the extra furlong will play to its strengths too. That was its first run for over 100 days so extra fitness today also a plus. Add to that a very positive jockey booking who is 5 from 15 in the last 14 days, including winners at 20/1, 14/1 & 12/1, I'm pretty happy to play EW on this horse. Unsure on what the price will be but anything around 7/1 should be taken. EW

Re: Best Bet of the Day 9/2 4.30 Wolverhampton Keepsgettingbetter ran encouraginly on his debut in a course and distance seller when he led but was headed 1f out. For his next run he raced over a mile at Great Leighs when again leading before fading 1f out. His last run came in a maiden over course and distance and he was disappointing, but I think he is worth another chance here for a couple of reasons. Firstly, he now qualifies for a handicap mark, and I think he has a chance off 62 bearing in mind the form of his debut when he finished a neck behind Barkass (a handicap winner off 63 in October) and two and a half lengths infront of Kingsholm, who franked the form with a next time out win off 63 at Southwell. Those bits of form suggest he could be well handicapped, and the second important factor for me is the application of first time blinkers. Headgear could focus his attention a little better and enable him to see out his races right to the end. He isn't ideally drawn in stall 9, but racing over 1m 1f 103y he should still have time to find his ideal racing position and with Chris Catlin on top he should be given every chance. 10/1 seems a fair price to me (Bet 365) so I'm on. 1 pt win

Re: Best Bet of the Day 9/2 hope meetig goes ahead- Officials at Wolverhampton have announced a precautionary inspection for 7.30am ahead of Monday afternoon's all-weather meeting. Clerk of the course Fergus Cameron said on Sunday afternoon: "Having got a revised weather forecast they are talking about heavy snow late this afternoon and into this evening, with a frost followed by a plus two tomorrow. "With that in mind we will have to have a look in the morning."

Re: Best Bet of the Day 9/2 2.15 Wolves: Desert Light Best form over 6f but run over 5f here LTO was better than bare form as after being held up a long way off pace met a lot of trouble in running when staying on from an unpromising position - arguably deserved to finish a lot closer on that occasion although wouldn't have won. Has a decent stall today and has slipped down to quite an attractive mark. In-form Derek Shaw's only runner on the cards today and well worth another crack at 5f. E/W

Re: Best Bet of the Day 9/2 235 Plumpton: Millenium Royal This looks fairly straight forward for the fav and looks the most solid bet on the card. Did unseat at Kempton last time but before that had jumped well in heavy ground. A class act running in grade 1's and 2's and his target is the cheltenham festival. The obvious danger is Wind Instrument but has a poor run at Haydock to put right and was rated miles behind the selection over hurdles. 8/11 at the moment which is a fair price.

Re: Best Bet of the Day 9/2 3:10 Plumpton - Balthazar King 1pt WIN Improved significantly LTO over 2m4f staying on fairly stronglywhen seeming not to stay 2m 5f two starts ago. Taken to show enough improvement again today to land what seems to be a fairly average handicap race. Taken to follow on from the decent day stable had on saturday with a 1st, 3 3nds and a 3d.

Re: Best Bet of the Day 9/2

13-30 Plumpton - Pour Change - Win

A hard race to judge as quite few making there debut.

Excape is one of those, has Tony McCoy on board and I just cant see even him steering this one home on this ground. Good form on the flat with him winning 3 of his 4 races, but he comes into this after a pretty long break and with the ground as testing as it is he will have to prove that he is capable of performing on it. Henderson is bound to get a winner today from one of his 4 entries but I don’t think this will be the one.

First Avenue
is the other interesting debut who has good flat form. A consistent type with his last 6 runs reading 322316. I would be more confident backing First Avenue above Excape based on the ground as First Avenue has proven soft ground form which could be crucial in this event, but it may just be too testing for him and probably isn’t ideal conditions for his debut as this will be hard work.

Pour Changer has just the 1 run over hurdles in the UK which came at Newbury on Good to Soft ground. He ran quite well and looked dangerous and managed to finish a good 3rd. Before that race he had 2 hurdling outings in France where he managed a 2nd and 5th, both runs came in very testing conditions and with him sure to come on for his run lto he will be selection as he has the most experience and has hurdling form on soft/heavy ground. Could be a very nice day for trainer Douman who has 3 runners, and I will be backing 2 of them.

Currently 5/2 Available.

Re: Best Bet of the Day 9/2 3.55 Kempton - Magic Amigo - e/w: Plenty negatives - yet to win on AW, and no win anywhere since Nov 05, tends to be a hard puller - but I like its chances based on his lto effort over further at this course. Again pulled his way to front, he then fly jumped the path, but really turned the screw to have most in trouble with a couple furlongs to go, before being outstayed over the last 250 yards. He is well drawn if he is going to set the pace again, and if he can set a similarly modest pace as lto without too much aggro, then, over this shorter trip, he has to have a chance :hope

Re: Best Bet of the Day 9/2 1.30 Plumpton With the favourite from hendersons yard not confirmed on this very heavy ground, I am vouching for the other debutante FIRST AVENUE to beat it. Won off 86 on the flat for Michael Jarvis, this horse could develop into a reasonable hurdler, stays 1m 4f fine on the flat & a good 3rd to Conduit at Epsom last June. Gary Moore is top trainer round here in terms of wins but cant match Hendersons strike rate.

Re: Best Bet of the Day 9/2 2.00 Plumpton - She's No Muppet e/w Showed she can be a muppet last time when running a stinker. Has won a bumper early in her career and ran out an impressive winner at Folkestone last month though. That was over 2m2f on soft, so the heavy ground today will definitely suite despite 2f shorter trip. She drops down in class and with 5lbs claimer the mark of 78 could still be lenient. I am going to excuse last run and give her a chance at 20/1.

Re: Best Bet of the Day 9/2 Plumpton 15:10 - Spider Boy Getting on a bit nowand recent form hasen't been great but I give him a better chance than the bookies suggest, c&d winner and has won here off a higher mark previously....has previous good form on this heavy ground, will run ok today I feel and the price looks massive or am I missing something. 0.5pts e/w

Re: Best Bet of the Day 9/2 2:00 Plumpton. No Supper. 1 point LAY The only reason that this one will be going off at such a short price is that he is now under the training of Tim Vaughan, who has built such a reputation for bringing the best out of new charges. He may well work the oracle again, but I can't see how such a low price is justified. No Supper is a moderate horse. In fairness, so are all the others in the race. But he is going to have to cart top weight around in heavy going, and I think he might well run out of puff before the end. The only two occasions when he has been placed have not been on going as tacky as this will be. Whilst the other horses are doubtless poor, there are a few who have run a decent race at some stage in their lives, and we only need just one of them to do that again today.

Re: Best Bet of the Day 9/2 Plumpton 3:10 Hello Moscow (IRE) 7-2 RPF This is the course where trainer Jim Best has the most wins over the past 5 seasons with 11. 10 wins came over hurdles. A P McCoy is booked and he has a 44% strike rate this season for Best. Hello Moscow has questions to answer wether the ground will suit. His only run on Soft came with McCoy on board so I think he will handle it well. They finished 3rd of 12 by 21 lengths on soft for his British debut last year. WIN

Re: Best Bet of the Day 9/2 GEOGRAPHY 3.10 Plumpton. 0.5 points each way. Has to buck his ideas up, but the weight is there on this ground to take him close if on his game. Trip's fine and so I just hope he can raise his game a little and then we should get a big run at big odds.

Plumpton 3:10 Hello Moscow (IRE) 7-2 RPF This is the course where trainer Jim Best has the most wins over the past 5 seasons with 11. 10 wins came over hurdles. A P McCoy is booked and he has a 44% strike rate this season for Best. Hello Moscow has questions to answer wether the ground will suit. His only run on Soft came with McCoy on board so I think he will handle it well. They finished 3rd of 12 by 21 lengths on soft for his British debut last year. WIN
:clap:clap

1.40 Wolverhampton A pretty low grade affair, a Class 6 0-52 handicap, with 12 runners competing over 7f. Any one of 5 horses here could start favourite and I strongly believe the winner will come from these 5. I'm opposing Aggbag as it seems an inconsistent type, Mr Rev is still a maiden whilst Stargazy has it to prove from outside draw and a very inexperienced 7lb claimer. Just Jimmy has solid claims but always seems to find 1 or 2 too good even when conditions suit. Therefore, the one I'm on is: Inka Dancer (RPF 7/1) - I really think this horse has a good chance today. Draw on the inside in stall 1, it will be able to obtain a nice early position and that could be crucial early doors. Raced off much higher marks and ran well of them too. Very little recent form to go on and was lightly raced in 2008 but I'm sweet on this horses chances based on its last run. Was dropped to todays mark for that race, and raced over just 6f (seems better at 7f). Had Catherine Gannon in the saddle that day, the horse broke well and settled in 2nd/3rd but got shuffled back through the pack as it seemed a little outpaced. However, made a strong run on the inside off the home turn and looked a real danger until snatched up just inside the final furlong. In the end, finished 3L 6th but would surely have finished much closer with a clear run. Also looked to stay on well so I'm confident the extra furlong will play to its strengths too. That was its first run for over 100 days so extra fitness today also a plus. Add to that a very positive jockey booking who is 5 from 15 in the last 14 days, including winners at 20/1, 14/1 & 12/1, I'm pretty happy to play EW on this horse. Unsure on what the price will be but anything around 7/1 should be taken. EW
235 Plumpton: Millenium Royal This looks fairly straight forward for the fav and looks the most solid bet on the card. Did unseat at Kempton last time but before that had jumped well in heavy ground. A class act running in grade 1's and 2's and his target is the cheltenham festival. The obvious danger is Wind Instrument but has a poor run at Haydock to put right and was rated miles behind the selection over hurdles. 8/11 at the moment which is a fair price.
Wolverhampton 2.50/3.00pm 1pt lay One More Round Horse for me need things to fall right in running and cant for me be 100% it will today v a few that look good. Good Luck Whatever You Bet Today
Plumpton 15:10 - Spider Boy Getting on a bit nowand recent form hasen't been great but I give him a better chance than the bookies suggest, c&d winner and has won here off a higher mark previously....has previous good form on this heavy ground, will run ok today I feel and the price looks massive or am I missing something. 0.5pts e/w
2:00 Plumpton. No Supper. 1 point LAY The only reason that this one will be going off at such a short price is that he is now under the training of Tim Vaughan, who has built such a reputation for bringing the best out of new charges. He may well work the oracle again, but I can't see how such a low price is justified. No Supper is a moderate horse. In fairness, so are all the others in the race. But he is going to have to cart top weight around in heavy going, and I think he might well run out of puff before the end. The only two occasions when he has been placed have not been on going as tacky as this will be. Whilst the other horses are doubtless poor, there are a few who have run a decent race at some stage in their lives, and we only need just one of them to do that again today.
Plumpton 3:10 Hello Moscow (IRE) 7-2 RPF This is the course where trainer Jim Best has the most wins over the past 5 seasons with 11. 10 wins came over hurdles. A P McCoy is booked and he has a 44% strike rate this season for Best. Hello Moscow has questions to answer wether the ground will suit. His only run on Soft came with McCoy on board so I think he will handle it well. They finished 3rd of 12 by 21 lengths on soft for his British debut last year. WIN
STONECRABSTOMORROW 2.50 Wolverhampton. 1 point win. I think a win's due today, as pretty consistent, likes the trip and surface and should get the race run to suit. The odds are there to take the chance, so fingers crossed.
Great stuff so far :notworthy