Best Bet Of The Day - Sun 11/1/09

Leop 2.20 Dancing Tornado 0.5 pts e.w A very frustrating horse this one but a talented one. His recent win record says quite a bit about him in that his victory lto was his first win in over 10 starts, far too often he seems to find trouble for himself in running. However he is the sort of horse who may well find the nature of the race suiting. The end to end gallop will sort horses who can travel well on the back of that and dancing tornado fits that bill along with the likely fav. it has to be said. Dancing Tornado won lto despite finding trouble in running and proved the drop back to 2m is no problem and that doesnt surprise me for a horse who can travel like this one. He has a 4 pound penalty for that win. Undoubtedly he will need some luck in running but as I said earlier, he should be able to travel well today, his recent form is good and at the worst he should be in contention for a place at least.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Sun 11/1/09 Great Leighs 4.05pm 1pt lay Samson Quest 6lb penalty and not a great race but for me Samson Quest is no great shakes and should be taken on today,hard to find something but up this popped and in my book looks like a nice lay. Good Luck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Sun 11/1/09 13:45 Leop - Sky's The Limit Fingeronthepulse for me is plenty short enough at 2/1 in a tight race so I will go for one each-way and that horse is Sky's The Limit, These two met last time out at Down Royal and Fingeronthepulse beat him by 7 lengths, However he is 8lbs better off today so he can turn that form around. Runs well at this track and has 2 wins in 4 runs here, Jockey McNamara is 3 wins out of 6 rides on him which is also a decent record and I think he will go close today. 0.5pts e/w

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Sun 11/1/09 2.30 Great Leighs Dvinsky is dangerous when allowed to dominate and with Epic Odyssey now withdrawn and a lack of pace amongst the remaining runners, Paul Howling’s gelding should be able to dicate the tempo here. He won at the end of December when he overcame a poor draw to soon lead, and I think a lack of pace could again be an issue here. Although he is 5 lb higher than his last winning mark, he is at least a proven winner in the grade and his second to Princess Valerina last time out was a decent enough effort under a penalty (had Count Ceprano behind) considering he was taken on for the lead by Distinctly Game. Trainer Howling registered his first winner of 2009 yesterday with Resplendent Nova so is now up and running this year and Dvinsky was a decent second to 90-rated Matsunosuke on his last start over course and distance to suggest the track isn’t a problem. 1 pt win

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Sun 11/1/09 Bohemian Lass 1.15 Leopardstown There only looks to be 3 runners with any serious chance of winning this. Merchent Paddy won a handicap chase last time out but is inconsistent. Financial Reward won a decent Grade 2 race last time out and has a 5lb penalty for that and the selection Bohemian Lass has won its last 2 races, including a listed chase last time out. Bohemian Lass also gets an extra 5lbs from the field due to a mares allowance so races off 11-0 while Financial Reward has to carry 11-10. It travels well, jumps well and won the listed race comfortably by 8 lengths. It had been beaten by Oscar Rebel twice in Grade 3 hurdle races but over jumps reversed form and that one was 3rd, 12 lengths away. Has won on yielding to soft, jockey has 3 wins from 9 races and no horse has carried 11-10 to victory in this race in the last 10 years, going against Financial Reward. Currently 7-2 with most bookmakers.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Sun 11/1/09

Geoffdaw-e/w(Great Leighs 14:30 ) Dvinsky is a solid choice here but i am going with Geoffdaw because his 3 win with E Ahern and last 2 time he run well in his 3 outing after return' date= so for me he is a very good e/w value bet.
I'll delete your other post for you, it just said E Ahern, thought you had posted in error. :ok

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Sun 11/1/09 3.35 Great Leighs - Takamaara This horse was in my vast notebook to win again over this distance. Of course i had to look at the oposition. I did have lady Aspen as the danger which is now a non runner. I've seen Very Well Read a few times and don't beleive this is it's best trip. Safebreaker is the fav. I'dl ay that all day. (lol prob win now.) I got 4.8 on Takamaara. I'm def on at those odds.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Sun 11/1/09 LEOPARDSTOWN 3:55 NH Flat 2m ------------------------------------ With only one FAV winning and NO Fillies winning in the past 9 runnings the most eye-catching stats , but along with those are the 3 wins from the E HALES yard and 2 wins from T TAFFE's yard . HALE'S won this 2 seasons ago [ 12/1] when i first highlighted this fact and last season had the 2nd [ btn only a half length ] We have to assume that the trainer targets this race and so a bet on RAGTIME is the call .

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Sun 11/1/09 AULD ARTY 1.55 Great Leighs. 1 point win. Hardly an original choice, but I think he can bounce out and make all today. Has the form in the bag for the others to meet and with being open to further improvement and the drop down to 6f looking fine, I think he can win this race.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Sun 11/1/09 my best bet of the day would be psycho 220 leop. open looking race but i think we can get the race run to suit and certainly be involved in th finish. has the form, trip and ground in favour and so appeals as a olid each way bet. 0.5 pts ew.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Sun 11/1/09 KASIMALI 2.55 Leopardstown. I'd be lying if I said I'd sat there and picked this one out myself, as I haven't. Had a word about him this morning and was told "expected to go well and certain people have had their money on". So make of that what you will (probably finish taild off like most tips!!) - I've had a little each way (not too pleased about the price to be honest), but I'll stick him in for my bet of the day today. 0.5 points each way.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Sun 11/1/09 2.30 Great Leighs - First Order - win Only CD winner in the field and is in good form. His second last time to Rebel Duke was a cracking run as that one had previously finished 2nd in a Class 2 on New Year Day That last run was over 5 furlongs at Southwell and he was beaten half a length off todays mark. I think he should improve by at least half a length by returning to six furlongs here

2.20 LEOPARDSTOWN~DEUTCHLAND 0.5 E/W Looks to have a good chance of winning this big prize now back over hurdles having fell last twice over chases when going well. Walsh on board for mullins. Can improve on last years placing at the weights. Being well backed but 9's will have to do.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Sun 11/1/09 2.55 Leopardstown: Mr Muji 2m NHF and maiden hurdle winner at Navan who finished 4th LTO over 2m round this course last month (first run back from a break). Didn't quicken as expected that day so interesting stepped up in trip today. Versatile with regards ground conditions and stable amongst winners over last 14 days so could be decent each way value at current 12/1. Each way

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Sun 11/1/09 Great Leighs 15:05 Climate Going to be a slow race. There really isn't a front runner here. I think Climate will be sent to the front early and make all the running. The rest likes to stay back and throw it down late in the race. He raced 3rd at 6f out lto and that is the closest to a fron runner based on lto's style. ew

2.30 Great Leighs Dvinsky is dangerous when allowed to dominate and with Epic Odyssey now withdrawn and a lack of pace amongst the remaining runners, Paul Howling’s gelding should be able to dicate the tempo here. He won at the end of December when he overcame a poor draw to soon lead, and I think a lack of pace could again be an issue here. Although he is 5 lb higher than his last winning mark, he is at least a proven winner in the grade and his second to Princess Valerina last time out was a decent enough effort under a penalty (had Count Ceprano behind) considering he was taken on for the lead by Distinctly Game. Trainer Howling registered his first winner of 2009 yesterday with Resplendent Nova so is now up and running this year and Dvinsky was a decent second to 90-rated Matsunosuke on his last start over course and distance to suggest the track isn’t a problem. 1 pt win
Superb 4/1 winner Fintron :notworthy:notworthy