** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Bbotd 8/1/09

2.20 Southwell Chocolicious Clear form pick on run behind Hellbender over this course last time out. Step up in trip should suit if held up and it settles better. Racing post confirms this one should come on for its previous run and nothing as good as Hellbender in this race.

Re: Bbotd 8/1/09 1.55 Great Leighs Silvanus was a horse I put up for his last run when I hedged with Dvinsky at Wolverhampton. Unfortunately, he didn't get the race run at a true pace due to a lack of pacesetters in the line up and Dvinsky, despite starting from a poor draw, was allowed to dictate the tempo and went on to score after leading them along in his own time. Silvanus did ever to well to finish a neck second to the 79-rated winner under the circumstances. Ian Semple's charge is let in off 72 here and in my opinion that makes him well handicapped. He's been running consistently of late and the form of his fourth over course and distance in November has been franked by the second, Doutful Sound (twice so infact, last win off 79) and by the winner, Ivory Silk, who also won next time out off 80. For me, the key factor tomorrow is that he is likely to get the race run to suit (through Godfrey Street) and I think that will bring out the best in this son of Danehill Dancer. 1 pt win

Re: Bbotd 8/1/09

Why why why is there no jumps racing! Well' date=' I know why, but it is getting on my nerves now! I have no clue about AW form etc, so am not wishing to place any BBOTDs, gutted. I am adament I will wait till the gold old NH comes back![/quote'] It Is frustrating Mate i know how you feel even an AW jumps meeting would do for me the frost is supposed to be easing by this week end so fingers crossed we get jumps soon :hope

Re: Bbotd 8/1/09 Well, Kempton have already abandoned their card on Saturday, and swithced to a fooking AW meet instead. I think they have done this far too early, I don't live too far from Kempton, and I can tell you, it isn't nearly as cold today as it has been, and the forecast is improving.... Fin, don't worry mate... I am doing plenty of research!!!! :)

Re: Bbotd 8/1/09 Southwell 2:20 Jacks House (IRE) Hard to oppose S A Callaghan's record here - 4 wins from 9, 7 placed. But Jacks House should be able to do well here. He is dropped in Class after a career best effort in a maiden lto. Faced rivals trained by Channon, two from E A L Dunlop, and R Harris lto. ew

Re: Bbotd 8/1/09 SOUTHWELL: 12.50 - GRIMES FAITH - Reliable sort who looks to have a solid chance in a competitive event & should be a fair price 1.50 - HALAAK - Ran well on sunday when looking like winning until being beaten by La Capriosa who again lines up but I would expect HALAAK to reverse placing this time around. 2.50 - UNITED NATIONS - Loves this course & showed real guts & determination to just get up & win on sunday so looks primed to go very well again 3.50 - HAMAASY - Another one who loves Southwell & looks in prime form, looks certain to give his best running & that could be good enough in this event. GL Guys :ok

Re: Bbotd 8/1/09 1.20 Southwell: Wing Diva Encouraging debut at Nottingham in heavy ground maiden in October followed by decent looking run LTO on first attempt at fibresand here over C&D 3 weeks ago when finishing 2nd (first 3 well clear). Stable in great form and my idea of winner of this maiden. WIN

Re: Bbotd 8/1/09 1:55 GL - Silvanus Been running very consistently of late and was well backed to win last time out at Wolverhampton, He was beating a neck into 2nd by Dvinsky but it was still a good run. The mob he ran against last time out where slightly better than these bunch. Stepping down 1f in trip where he is a distance winner. Should take the beating in the first. 1pt win

Re: Bbotd 8/1/09 Southwell 13.20 Augustus John 1 pt Win He is the most experienced from the entire field. The extra weight will not be such a big problem for him, cos he is permanent 9st carrier. The other horses on the field are noting special. After some experiments at 7 and 8 furlongs, he is back to his natural distance, where he has some success last year with better field.

Re: Bbotd 8/1/09 15.25 Great Leighs - Came Back (each way) Runs off its last winning mark today and has also won off a higher mark in a class 3 race so there's no reason why it can't win today. Looks like it might go off at a decent price as well. Didn't like the slow ground last time out at Southwell apparently so should go better here.

Re: Bbotd 8/1/09 my best bet of the day would be yellow river 220 south. im ignoring his last run and going the hope that he finds that little bit of improvement thats expected of him, and if he does then he should be very tough to beat in this weak race. trip and surface shouldnt be a worry and looks a decent bet.

Re: Bbotd 8/1/09 3.25 Great Leighs - Came Back - win Gonna take a chance on this one in a race where every other horse has to put up a career best to win. Came Back runs off 85 today and won a handicap off 90 over CD back in May last year - that was his last run in a handicap before he ran a couple of days ago. Since then he's been running in conditions races, sellers and claimers - connections obviously felt he was incapable of winning handicaps from marks in the 90s His first handicap run since his win off 90 was a couple of days ago and he was well beaten at Southwell. However the trainer put up a decent excuse - he didn't handle the 'soft' ground on the fibresand. Should be OK at Great Leighs on the firmer surface. Trainer in decent form with a winner and a second from 4 runners in the last week. Should be an EW price but now the field is down to 7, might as well go for the win.

Re: Bbotd 8/1/09 CERTAIN JUSTICE 3.20 Southwell. Not as good as he was, but recent form picking up a bit and has dropped to an attractive looking mark of 64. The trip and surface are of no concerns and trainer in decent enough form, and so given that several others have more questions to answer and us having every chance on the figures, he looks well worth a bet at double figure odds. 1 point each way NAP.

Re: Bbotd 8/1/09 EVERYTHING 3.50 Southwell. 0.5 points each way. Did OK last time, considering it was her first run on this surface and with getting in off a mark of 57 does give her every chance of a win on the bare form and weights combined. She's also open to finding a little improvement on this surface and with Frankie McDonald taking the ride today and being a 'little' more astute (my own opinion) than previous riders of her, I think she's the bet in this race.

Re: Bbotd 8/1/09 2.25 G Leighs (Delayed 10 mins, so 2.35) LA ESTRELLA ( LAY) Without doubt, Don Cantillon's horse has been a start on the All weather this winter, but I dont think this race is set up for her. She didnt run that well in her only race at Great Leighs last time and that makes the price look short despite that being a better race. Her best form is at Southwell, and Great leighs is a completely different track. She also likes to finish off a fast pace and probably wont get that today. Like Bridgewater Boys to give her a good race. LAY