Mileni's Best Bet Of The Day - 2009

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Mileni's Best Bet Of The Day - 2009 1.40 Cheltenham - Kick For Free Cheltenham suits his style and trainer has Ruby on board, who can win this race. Last time he had a chance against The Market Man but he was conceding 7lbs and it was a tough task. Should win today. 6/4

Re: Mileni's Best Bet Of The Day - 2009

Its a real shame that its not feasible to have early prices in the BBOTD thread.
It is, but the admin will be nightmare. Checking if there are NR's and deductions will take much time. After all it's just a bit of fun. :ok Otherwise I make my profit around +50 if best price and best odds guaranteed is played. Maybe +60. For 230 bets it's yield of 20-25%, which is not bad. We'll see in one year how this one will fare :)

Re: Mileni's Best Bet Of The Day - 2009 12.30 Folkestone - Hello My Lovely e/w I like her chances on a poor racing day. Showed promise in her chasing debut lto over a sharp trip and the return to a stamina test will suit. I hope the money since last night are not because Aiden Coleman is on board. Trainer had a winner couple of days ago. This one should be in the places and with a bit more luck she could win. 9/1 William Hill - bog

Good pick. Mr Big was too strong to beat in this one. I am doing most of your picks "To Be Placed" and you are quite on profit. Keep it up :clap
Cheers mate. Yea, Mr Big looked like a good win bet at 7/2, but shortened and the price was no value for me, so I went e/w on this one. She ran a good race and if there were no jumping errors she could have been closer. But that's just 2nd start over fences now and I like her look, she clearly stays. Could pick a poor class 5 event soon, added her in my notebook for next time.

1.40 Cheltenham - Kicks For Free Cheltenham suits his style and trainer has Ruby on board, who can win this race. Last time he had a chance against The Market Man but he was conceding 7lbs and it was a tough task. Should win today.
A quick review on this one too. I thought he ran well and jumped well, but looks short of top class in the novice chaser's division at this point. That said, the winner was impressive and looks like he has been crying out for the step up in trip. It could turn out that actually 4lbs was the difference and there isn't much between them, but Calgary Bay could be a real gem over fences and was probably going to win even on level weights. Chasing was always going to be his game.

Re: Mileni's Best Bet Of The Day - 2009 A mate always asks me how is the betting going and I occasionally say: "Oh, almost a big winner today, but only placed". And then he asks me: "Why don't you play only for the place then?". So let's have some fun in 2009. The second row will be all my bets on the place only market. Kicks For Free was around 1.5 yesterday and Hello My Lovely was between 3.0 and 3.5, I'll have her at 3.0 and from now on I'll always quote the prices. Should be fun and who knows, the profit could be bigger at the end of the year :)

NameBetsWLS/RFormS/NapP/L
Mileni4uk - BBoTD 2 1 150.00%1W ~-£0.37
Mileni4uk - Places 220 100.00%2W ~+£2.50

A mate always asks me how is the betting going and I occasionally say: "Oh, almost a big winner today, but only placed". And then he asks me: "Why don't you play only for the place then?". So let's have some fun in 2009. The second row will be all my bets on the place only market. Kicks For Free was around 1.5 yesterday and Hello My Lovely was between 3.0 and 3.5, I'll have her at 3.0 and from now on I'll always quote the prices. Should be fun and who knows. The profit could be bigger at the end of the year :)
Mileni4uk - BBoTD 2 1 150.00%1W ~-£0.37
Mileni4uk - Places 101100.00%2W ~+£2.50
Very good idea. I took both selections "To Be Placed" on betfair at SP and they were: Kicks For Free - 1.46 Hello My Lovely - 3.57 :ok

Re: Mileni's Best Bet Of The Day - 2009 2.15 Lingfield - Blue Charm e/w Rare one from me on the all weather, but saw this one yesterday finishing 2nd and is due to run again today in a weaker race. Looking at his form he always runs well when turned out quickly. 8th at kempton and then 2nd on the next day. 3rd at Southwell and 2nd on the next day at Lingfield. He was 2nd yesterday at Southwell, so maybe now's the time to do one better. From three starts at Lingfield he has two 2nds and one 3rd. 7f is his distance and trainer and jockey had some winners recently. Definitely has a lot going for him today and looks a cracking e/w bet to nothing. E/W 9/2 @ Bet365 - bog Place only - 1.87 @ Betfair

Re: Mileni's Best Bet Of The Day - 2009 Ran as expected. Broke well and prominent just behind the leader, but he's too exposed now. Always runs well, but finds one or two too good.

Mileni4uk - BBoTD 3 1 233.33%1L ~-£0.42
Mileni4uk - Places 330 100.00%3W ~+£3.33

Re: Mileni's Best Bet Of The Day - 2009 1.45 Naas - Mikael D'haguenet Beat Pandorama last time and showed great turn of foot. Has a penalty today, but nothing comes close to his class and should win easily. Ruby takes the ride as well. Poor price, but nothing else worth a bet after we lost the Plumpton card. 1.36 @ Paddy Power - bog 1.14 @ Betfair to place

Re: Mileni's Best Bet Of The Day - 2009 2.45 Lingfield - Hellbender The weather continues to be bad and we lose every jump meeting. We even lost Wolverhampton today. I need to play on the AW, where I'm not that good, but I think this one is a fair price. 15/8 can be taken. I'm going for 7/4 with bog. Has a fair chance to reverse the form with My Best Bet and Romantic Queen will be with a penalty after winning a poor race. 7/4 @ Boyle, b365, SJ - bog 1.62 @ Betfair - place only

Re: Mileni's Best Bet Of The Day - 2009 1st @ 3.75 for the win and 1.59 after commission for the place :ok Can't believe it drifted to 11/4. He was by far the best handicapped horse in the race and won well. Best Odds Guaranteed is not a bad thing, is it? ;)

Mileni4uk - BBoTD 5 3 260.0%2W ~+£2.69
Mileni4uk - Places 5 5 0 100.0%5W ~+£4.05

Re: Mileni's Best Bet Of The Day - 2009 5.50 Wolve - Aypeeyes Very interesting runner from Alan King. Won 2 starts ago on turf off 77 and is perfectly capable doing the same off 81. The other King horse makes no appeal to me and I think it's there just to insure there's strong enough pace. Aypeeyes has to be the stable's first string and can win here. The fav won a poor race and is worth taking on. Even if there's no jump meeting I can still find a jump trainer to back ;) 6/1 @ Paddy, Willies - bog 2.04 to place, 3 palces

Re: Mileni's Best Bet Of The Day - 2009 Race was run at a slow pace and he stayed one-paced for 4th. Didn't have a chance to catch the front trio.

Mileni4uk - BBoTD 6 3 350.0%1L ~+£1.69
Mileni4uk - Places 6 5 1 83.3%1L ~+£3.05

Re: Mileni's Best Bet Of The Day - 2009 2.30 Ayr - Theatre Belle e/w Jump meeting at last!! I fancy this mare for a big run today. Has been in my notebook since her last 2nd when only beaten a neck. Goes 4lbs up in the weights, but has a 3rd behind My Petra in Class 1 Listed Hurdle, which some of these can only dream about. I expect a big run from her today. 14/1 e/w @ Sporting Bet 3.75 to place @ Betfair

Re: Mileni's Best Bet Of The Day - 2009 How close can you get. Done by a nose, but such a game performance from this mare. After a sloppy jump at the last kept on and almost won it.

Mileni4uk - BBoTD 7 4 357.1%1W ~+£2.59
Mileni4uk - Places 7 6 1 85.7%1W ~+£5.66

2.30 Ayr - Theatre Belle e/w Jump meeting at last!! I fancy this mare for a big run today. Has been in my notebook since her last 2nd when only beaten a neck. Goes 4lbs up in the weights, but has a 3rd behind My Petra in Class 1 Listed Hurdle, which some of these can only dream about. I expect a big run from her today. 14/1 e/w @ Sporting Bet 3.75 to place @ Betfair
Unlucky there mate! Was certainly close though. Doing well here, as per ;)

Re: Mileni's Best Bet Of The Day - 2009 1.20 Fakenham - Carrickboy A Fakenham card on a Monday after so many abandoned racing looks like the Cheltenham Festival to me :lol I don't like the fav here and something which has improved can beat him. I'll take my chance with this Venetia Williams runner, who has run just once in a bumper, but a very hot one. Winner, fourth, fifth and sixth all went on to win next time out and actually Diablo is now rated in the 130s. I prefer to be on a 3/1 improving sort from an inform yard rather than the exposed fav, who can also run below par with the stable struggling this winter after a very good autumn. 3/1 @ B365 - bog 1.62 @ Betfair to place

Re: Mileni's Best Bet Of The Day - 2009 Surprised he drifted so much. 7/1 was available at Betfair. Every time I back Sam Thomas he is 2nd and every time I back something against A Thornton he's 1st. Nothing new for me :)

Mileni4uk - BBoTD 8 4 450.0%1L ~+£1.59
Mileni4uk - Places 8 7 1 87.5%2W ~+£6.25

Re: Mileni's Best Bet Of The Day - 2009 2.50 Folke - Royal Hilarity Blueberry Ice is a low price finishing 2nd to the progressive Little Shilling, but this was over hurdles and I am going to take him on over fences. My selection changed stables and could do well for Peter Bowen today. He finished a decent 4th lto in a race, where the gallop was really strong and Tom Messanger decided to be up with the pace, which gave the horse no chance. Seamus Durrack is a better booking and the horse should go close with conditions to suit. 9/2 @ William Hill - bog 1.80 @ Paddy to place