Mileni's Best Bet Of The Day - 2009

Re: Mileni's Best Bet Of The Day - 2009 3.00 Wincanton - Bowleaze e/w I like these staying handicaps a lot. Tend to back unexposed types, who are potentially well in the weights and stay the trip. Sometimes it's good to back a more exposed type though. Someone sure to run his race and be thereabouts when few others are not that ready yet with season just starting. Monet's Garden proved yesterday that when the track suits and the horse is fit and ready, then he can win even if handicapped to his best. Same could be said for my selection. Always runs well this time of the year. 1st, 2nd in 2006. 2nd, 1st in 2007. Needed a prep run last year, but won his next race. And comes here today after a prep race at Chepstow. Was 2nd in the race 2 years ago just 4lbs lower. Won at Sandown 4lbs lower. I would have liked usual claimer to ride taking 7lbs off, but maybe it's for the better. He hit the front too early at Cheltenham and the horse was headed afterwards. Still ran a brilliant race to finish 4th. I think right handed galloping tracks suit him better though. Most of his good runs are at Sandown. Also has two 2nds and a win here at Wincanton from 5 attempts. Should run his race and Daryl Jackob is the right man not to go too early or too late for the post if his mount is travelling and has a chance. 16/1 bog 4/1 to place

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Mileni's Best Bet Of The Day - 2009 2.55 Haydock - Master D'Or Won off 110 over hurdles few starts ago, so 106 over fences looks good. Most his good runs are on softer, but has won and finished 2nd on good before, so ground shouldn't be a problem. Has 1st, 4th and a 2nd on seasonal reappearances and maybe the time to catch him exactly on his first run of the season. Question marks on all runners here and 9/1 is worth a chance. 9/1 bog 3.85 to place

Re: Mileni's Best Bet Of The Day - 2009 3.00 Newcastle - Jballingall At first sight the two top weights are contenders here, but Jballingall is a strong fav in this race and for me 2/1 is worth a shot. Since he switched yards he has run a decent 4th in a handicap and then 3rd just beaten a neck by Reckless Venture. Now this was off level weights and today he receives a stone from him. Will this form be the same? Probably no. A stone is a stone in horse racing nomatter how you see it. From the same race in 1st place was Onthegoagain, who also beat Seek The Truth in his previous run. Again 1lgt from Onthegoagain for my selection and a almost a stone better in the weights against the Bradburne runner. The horses in the low end of the handicap don't appeal at all, so I think 2/1 is a nice price for a very likely winner, who I also expect to improve. From the few horses he sends on the tack, trainer has impressive 25% strike rate in chases. 2/1 bog 1.84 place

Re: Mileni's Best Bet Of The Day - 2009 2.40 Wetherby - Nelson's Spice e/w Improved for a step up in trip last time to beat Maljimar at Cheltenham. Back to 2m4f where he has plenty of wins. A very prolific horse, who has achieved remarkable 7 wins from 19 starts. 4lbs higher mark might not be enough to stop him and looks a cracking e/w bet at the price with 8 runners. 11/2 Boyle bog 2.30 Betfair 3 places

Re: Mileni's Best Bet Of The Day - 2009 2.55 Wetherby - Tamarinbleu Here comes my first banker of the jumps season. I wasn't sure if Pipe will choose this race with the horse declared for the Ascot handicap as well. Missed the bigger price, but couldn't risk him not lining up here. From the five runners I think Church Island has no chance. Snoopy Loopy had a break and might come good, but is 11 now and looked on the downgrade last season. Needs a bit of cut as well and quick ground won't suit. He's a battler though, so I may have a saver tomorrow depending on what mood I am in and if price has gone up a bit. From the 3 market leaders I think Ollie Magern will run his usual nice race, but is old now and I am not sure he can make all to win. And if they try to hold him up then he is litteraly fuckked. 3/1 is no value. I would have liked at least 5s against two classy types as Tamarinbleu and Deep Purple. Now the latter mentioned is a horse I absolutely adore. Good ground and fast pace is essential for him being with a chance of winning any race. I am just not sure he'll stay. Most of his winning has been done over 2m and last year at 2m4f. All his pedigree suggest he won't stay. 10/3? No thank you. Trainer has been in bad form as well. Sent some decent horses on the track lately and they did absolutely nothing. Cappa Bleu was awful last weekend. Finally Tamarinbleu. Ideal trip would probably be just like Deep Purple's 2m4f, but I think the Pipe runner is unexposed over 3 miles. Ran a fantasitc race last year to just be piped on the line by Snoopy Loopy when they both had Kauto Star under trouble. The main reason I am backing him is that he won't need to lead with Ollie Magern in the race and this will help him get home. There's noone better than Pipe getting them ready first time out and Tamarinbleu's record on seasonal reappearance is pretty good. Price is starting to shorten and has gone from 5/2 to almost 2/1 on Betfair. I think 9/4 could be a very decent value in the morning. We may see him start at 7/4 or thereabouts if my thoughts on the race are right. All in all the best horse in the race and gets weight from his rivals too. I have to be on him. 9/4 bog 1.82 to place

Re: Mileni's Best Bet Of The Day - 2009 3.05 Kempton - Sir Harry Ormesher This horse runs so well fresh. 2 times raced aftear a long summer break and 2 times won. The last time he beat Pasco off level weights as well. Gets 3lbs today. How is the Nicholls horse half the price I just have no idea. My selection ran also in two grade 2's. Over hurdles finishing very close 4th to Deep Purple at Ascot. Big mistake by the jockey that day to go infront so early. And not everything went for the Alan King fella on his grade 2 try over fences. Hasn't been seen since, but he'll be spot on for today and will definitely run a big race here. As I already said, Pasco concedes weight all around and was already beat by the selection. Nicholls is yet to fire as well. Battlecry is disappointing and I am not sure about him over this trip either. Wil probably be outpaced and plug on late, but not sure it will be enough. And the favorite deserves to be favorite, but was doing his good runs over hurdles over much further. When a chaser 2 seasons ago he was very very disappointing. The value lies with the Alan King horse. Yard is starting to fire as well. 3 winners in the last few days. 6/1 Totesport bog 2.62 Betfair 2 places

Re: Mileni's Best Bet Of The Day - 2009 1.30 Chepstow - Fair Shake e/w An outsider for me in this race. There are a few reasons I think this horse can run a race today. His record is hardly inspiring with just one win from 24 over hurdles, but this win did come on heavy at Stratford last year. And the last time we saw him on soft it was at Exeter where he had every chance and fell two out. I am surprised the connections don't run him more often on soft, because the horse clearly enjoys it. I think few of these won't handle the cut today and the fav L'eau Du Nil is top weight and coming from a break might just not be spot on. The other market leader Gracechurch ran some respectable races over hurdles recently, but was very disappointing on the all weather after that. Olivino's all good efforts have come on fast ground. So it's a quite open race and the places are up for grabs imo. I wouldn't have been on such a disapointing sort and would have required a bit more form to back him, but I watched his last race at Stratford, where he was badly outpaced in the back straight and relegated to second last. Then suddenly the next time I saw him was in the home straight where he had overtaken all the other beten horses and finished like a train in 4th. I just think a testing stiff Chepstow will suit him and under the strong hands of Aiden Coleman for the first time today, he can run into a place at a big price. And why not win, anything could happen in a claimer. As I tend to say in these poor affairs, sometimes is better just to be on the best jockey, because he can ask some serious questions and wake an out of form horse up. 20/1 bog 4.8 to place

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...