Darts: PDC World Championship

I'm the first of what will be many on this event so hope to start with a bang Round one ties. WAYNE JONES V BOB THORNTON Bob is the favourite here and i would expect him to win, however the wolverhampton widower is priced at 5/2 and he has been semi finalist in both codes world championships. if your looking for some value it could be here, this will be close and not much seperates these to in the rankings, and both are similar players can score heavily whilst also enduring slumps. ANDY JENKINS V CO STOMPE the bookies have PDC newcomer Stompe as favourite mainly i expect througfh his victory over Taylor at the weekend where Stopme avgd 106, this was a one off, and i would be very surprised to see him repeat this form over two events, Jenks beat Taylor in grand slam and played well he has been semi finalist here before, and at 11/10 i think the bookies have it wrong on this one. KEVIN PAINTER V MATT CLARK Painter the seed is favourite though since his run to final in this event a few years back, he has failed to consolodate on that and for me pricks about too much standing back . licking fingers, going to throw stepping back again, all this affects his play and Clark is starting to get results on the PDC tour, Spiderman at 13/ 8 is far too generous this will be a close game and Clark is way over priced. DENIS OVENS V STEVE MAISH There are two denis ovens the floor player who will hammer in 180s, average well into three figures, and a opponent every other player wants to avoid. thene there is the TV stage Ovens missing doubles, inconsistent scoring, struggling when playing top players Maish will be happy with this draw and will fancy his chances at 13/8 for me that is the potential shocks for round one, hope to add more after watching preliminary round, as i know there is a player who is suffering from an elbow injury and he is due to meet a qualifier, i want to wait and see who he faces in round one.;)

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Darts: PDC World Championship cheers gaz as usaual an excellent post from yourself, TO WIN ANDY HAMILTON @50/1 E-W. as gaz said anyone in Taylors half is goin to get thumped by the wounded animal taylor and i pity them! so that narrows down our potential prfits to the bottom half and thats where the hammer comes into it, this man on form is a 180s machine, and he is to be seriously considered at the above odds and indeed he is vary overpriced he is far better than a 40 or 50s shot, his draw is favourable to the last 8 when is seeded to meet barney. but i don't think barneys on it this year and i have heard murmurs of a move back to BDO. So get some cash on Hamilton pronto. other first round ties to look at. SHOLTON V RODRIGUEZ, i keep hearing good reports on the Spaniard, and Roland has been lower than a snakes belly of late, and is tumbling down the rankings. ROY V McDINE, the mouth of the south will talk up his chances as he does best! but he has been very anonymous this year and McDine seems to lift his game against better opposition would not count a win for the Geordie as a shock, GRAY V NICHOLSON, no doubt who side the crowd will be on after nicholsons antics at the grand slam but he's like Manley seems to thrive on it! Gray has been on the fringes of thigs for too long now that questions have to be asked over his temperamnet, but i'm going to stick my neck out this lad nicholson could do some damage at this event, if he overcomes Gray then Lewis is next and if he is on off day he could be in serious trouble, watch the aussie, he could go as far as last 8 and it would not surprise me and he's my tip for the next player to make the breakthrough.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championship Hopefully your deep insight will continue as the tournament approaches, rossom! Anyway.. there was alot of interest in Anastasia when the Grand Slam was on, she is 2/1 to beat Remco van Eijden but I can't find much info on him, does anyone know anything about him?.. if he is unknown as I think then as she pushed Mardle, Part and McDine earlier in the year she might be worth a bet.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championship

The other one I like in the first round is John Magowan to beat Chris Mason. (11/8 Stan James). Mason still has a bad arm, and I don't think he's got too much confidence at the moment. Mr Magoo is playing well at the moment. He's hit a 9 darter this year, and I saw first hand how well he's playing at the qualifiers.
I wondered if you'd tip him after the Qualifiers;) Unlucky there Gaz,I'd been following the results all day and it was a monstrous achievement to get that far:notworthy.Though the £1000 prize money would have drowned a few sorrows.;) As for the darts bets,well i'm waiting for the handicaps as there really isn't much that looks like an upset.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championship Taylor unbeatable? He's lost a match in both his last two tournaments :loon BARNEVELD looks good value around 8/1, must have a good chance of reaching the semis at least looking at the draw. Unlucky against Jenkins in the Grand Slam in quarter finals If Taylor loses before final which I think is possible you got to go for reighning champ PART @ 50/1 seemed to be showing good form in german reaching sems finals. Am goind twice, next sunday & Jan 1st, plently of beer :nana:lol Will make our fellow member Tripod Sam behave himself when he goes with me on the 1st :loon:loon Anyone else going?

Re: Darts: PDC World Championship cosmeticbob, i'm afraid Taylor is going to be almsot unstoppable this year he is playing better now than ever before, and his draw is decent.yes he has van gerwen in round two, but the dutchman will feel the full force of the power and over 7 sets taylor will win 4-2 at worst, in the 3rd round, it should be Painter, and these two have previous,my money would be on taylor again. for me his closest calls will be qtr final and semis where i reckon it will be tabern and King, both those two will push taylor but hw will be smelling the winning post by then and those two will make it tough for taylor, i am willing to tip King for final from Taylors half should the power fall. King has beeen improving all year and in the last two months his form has been superb he has the confidence, (arrogance) and expreience to go all the way that would be my tip for a saver in Taylors half.

Hopefully your deep insight will continue as the tournament approaches, rossom! Anyway.. there was alot of interest in Anastasia when the Grand Slam was on, she is 2/1 to beat Remco van Eijden but I can't find much info on him, does anyone know anything about him?.. if he is unknown as I think then as she pushed Mardle, Part and McDine earlier in the year she might be worth a bet.
:rollinremco van eijden ! ho ho ho ! i saw him in the bdo/lakeside last year, dont hold your breath, he is one of the poorest throwers in the game and if anastasia throws anything like she did v mardle she will win .... but if she throws like she threw v hoensalaar at the masters she will lose , save your money and expect to here a lot of ... 26 , 45 , 60 , 59 , 26, 58... etc !

Re: Darts: PDC World Championship Whats going on with roland scholten lately? as a big fan of the dutchman i find it a shame that he is lacking confidence and has done for a long time now. We all know that he can mix it with the best of them but the past few tournaments he has played in have been disappointoing to watch, i hope he can start to turn things around and theres no bigger stage than the world championship, or is that me dreaming? :loon Another man i would like to see go the distance is john part, i can't believe that some bookies are offering odds of 50/1 for him to retain his title - yes he may not be as consistant as the likes of taylor but he is'nt gonna give up his championship easily. Obviously the power is the man to beat and he is beatable as the past 2 tournaments in which he has played in have proved, my prediction is that he will reach the last 8 for sure but im not so sure beyond that.:unsure Cosmetic bob hahaha:rollin, you know im well behaved when i have had a few drinks - you have nothing to worry about come jan 1st:gimme

Whats going on with roland scholten lately? as a big fan of the dutchman i find it a shame that he is lacking confidence and has done for a long time now. We all know that he can mix it with the best of them but the past few tournaments he has played in have been disappointoing to watch, i hope he can start to turn things around and theres no bigger stage than the world championship, or is that me dreaming? :loon Another man i would like to see go the distance is john part, i can't believe that some bookies are offering odds of 50/1 for him to retain his title - yes he may not be as consistant as the likes of taylor but he is'nt gonna give up his championship easily. Obviously the power is the man to beat and he is beatable as the past 2 tournaments in which he has played in have proved, my prediction is that he will reach the last 8 for sure but im not so sure beyond that.:unsure Cosmetic bob hahaha:rollin, you know im well behaved when i have had a few drinks - you have nothing to worry about come jan 1st:gimme
Scholten had been struggling with a shoulder problem for months before having it operated on.He only turned up at the last major event because he was guaranteed prize money just for playing(even though he and they knew he could barely throw a dart). I still don't think he's fit yet as i haven't seen a price for his match at the worlds yet,so he could be turning up just for the prize money again. If so take whatever price you can get on his opponent and pile on it.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championship i have to agree to a point about Part, the man is a three world champ putting him the company of Bristow,Lowe and Taylor so he has earned respect, i remeber having the two biggest wins at the bookies on John, The year he won the title fiver at 15/ 1 and then when he won desrt classic few years back got him at 25s so i may be tempted to go on him again, but as i said he's in Taylors half, so i won't be too confident.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championship Lots of fanices for the big one. Will do match bets as the event goes on but going to do some outrights now. Essentially Taylor should win this year if he plays as he has for the last 9 months or so. However Im not interested in his odds and instead will foucs on a few outrights to do with quarter betting and also the actual championship although they will be e.w orientated. I have staked 29 pts on the outrights and wish the best of luck to everyone through the event:hope Hamilton 50/1 var 3 pts e.w and 4/1 var to win his quarter 8 pts For me a Taylor v Hamilton final is very much a real possibility. Hamilton made his name in the worlds when reaching the q/fs a few years back and two years ago he was in top form for a long time before running into Taylor in the semis, so he has previous in this event which does not surprise me. His consistent style really suits the nature of the worlds and unlike so many other hype players, Hamilton generally reamins ultra solid and does not have the highs and lows within his game as much as some of the other contenders outside the 'big 3.' His scoring is very good, he can be a massive 180 hitter and generally is very consistent with his scoring. His doubles could be said to be a weaker point of his game but normally is efficient enough. His current form also really encourages. He has actually played pretty well all year but recently has appeared to just upped a gear. He showed that with impressive form at the GSOD before losing just to Taylor and also by reaching semis recently on the floor in germany, holland and scotland. I think his draw is also pretty favourable, with Smith/Lloyd/Klaasen all possible blocks before a q/f maybe with Barney but all of whom who are players Hamilton atm would be expected to beat. Indeed I would favour him over Barney if they were to meet given how Barney seems unable to quite put together a really consistent tournament and that has been a problem for 18 months. Lewis/Priestley/Wade/Osborne could be possible semi opponents if that stage were to occur but quite frankly it is not going to easy at all by then and as long as it is not Taylor who he is facing, which it cant be at that stage, then Hamilton can prosper and as I said earlier a Taylor v Hamilton final is a real possibility for me. Dudbridge 150/1 var 1 pt e.w and 20/1 boy to win his quarter 3 pts e.w I almost feel the e.w bet is wasted here with PT a possible in the semis but I have put it there just in case. The bet Im more interested in is the quarter bet. Dudbridge is 20/1 to win the quarter which I believe is too big and also there is even e.w terms on offer on the q/f so effectively he is 10/1 just to get to the q/fs something which I feel is possible given a recent resurgence of form. I wouldnt have been interested in Dudbridge a few months ago as quite frankly he seemed a player dropping down the rankings and a shadow of the player who won a world masters, reached this final and a matchplay final. However reports and results indicated that his game has picked up of late and that he is returning to something of his old form. In recent tour events he has reached two q/fs and a semi before that and all of them were very narrow defeats. He also played pretty well in parts in the championship league of darts, winning one of those heats and playing a lot of matches. I recall both Carter and Perry in the snooker world doing something very similar before their world championships and they both turned out to have very good worlds. Also I dont think his draw is as bad as perhaps at first glance. This certainly is the most open quarter with the likes of Jenkins, King, Part, Manley, Walsh and McDine to name a few of the biggest threats. However Dudbridge has a notably good record against Manley should they meet in the second round and also against Part if they were too meet in the last 16. The quarter could just open up for someone and if Dudbridge can translate his apparently good recent floor form onto the stage, it could be him. Osborne 100/1 var 1 pt e.w and 8/1 lad to win his quarter 5 pts Osborne a former q/f, has had a very good year. He has won three events including the first one in the north east when he did me a favour on here @ 40/1. He also has had a lot of events where he has reached at least the q/fs or better and that reads very well. In tv events he has possibly been a bit unlucky to run into some good performances including Taylor a couple of times and an inspired Walsh in the last tv event he played. What I generally like about Osborne is his composed nature, unlike some high profile players, he remains pretty solid and consistent in his matches and doesnt have the highs and lows that they might. He does have a bit of a tricky draw with voort a possible in round 2 and he is a player he has struggled against in the past at times and Wade another possible before the q/f but Wade whilst still a clear fav. in this section, perhaps isnt playing as consistently well as he was earlier this year. Lewis/Priestley could await in the q/f but quite frankly by then no games will be easy and if Osborne is there, then he will be doing pretty well. It could turn out to be a good worlds for Osborne.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championship the quarter betting is always a good chance of making money and after perusing the prices im going for the following. 1ST QUARTER. obviously we have to remember Taylor is in this section so these prices reflect that. THORNTON @ 12/1, has had a great first 6 months in the professional ranks, and he is a consideration if Taylor goes out, and this is a good price. MARDLE @ 28/1. this is a shocking price the man that ejected Taylor last year is such a long price, on his day he can get to last 4 and is worth a small punt. 2ND QUARTER: KING @4/1, have to go with Merv he is my tip to reach semis, and this is a quarter he is capable of winning no player in this section is any better then King and he has been on fire the last couple of months, he has big tournament experience, i would'nt think twice of backing him. MANLEY 12/1 this tournament always brings out the best (and worst) of Manley, a finalist twice before, and i think 12s is a bit long in a section wer not much seperates the players. WALSH, @ 9/2 having recovered from dartitis walshy is playing better than ever and no one will fancy meeting him he is always composed and calm, and will be tough to beat. QUARTER 3 HAMILTON @ 4/1 just one for me here i'm going to go for Hamilton my tip for final the Hammer is more than capable of thumping anyone he meets while there are others good players in this qtr including Barney i expect andy to beat him in last 8. QUARTER 4 LEWIS @ 4/1 this is the section that contains lewis and wade, only one can reach the last 4 and i'm going for lewis , wade for me has an arroganec that Lewis had a couple of years back and a couple of beatings put jackpot back in his place, i reckon Wade could get the same treatment here, OSBORNE @ 15/2 make no mistake this man is a player of quality good technique, nerves of steel, never bows to pressure he has the game to progress to the latter stages of any event, i think he could be a real contender after taylor quits, gets on with the job though he may have to put out Van der Voort, Wade, and Lewis to mae semis but he is capable. NICHOLSON @28/1 the Aussie geordie, is my tip for rookie of the tournament this tournament has previous of rookies doing well Osborne, Jones. Schenk, Shepherd in recent times and this lad while upsetting the crowd at the GSOD was very impressive, definately thre will be bo inferiortity complex wuth this lad, he he is due to meet Lewis in round two if he gats past him the Mason or Preistley awaits there is an opportunity for him to do well here.

Re: Darts: PDC World Championship Hello everybody, it´s my first posting and I´ve never seen such a quality in Dart-Betting before. First I will say, that my English isn´t the best and I´m used decimal odds. In my opinion - Hamilton for winner of Quarter 3 is more than a think worth. But there is a Problem with Andy- what´s the time when he leave the bar? Last year he lost in an afternoon-session no chance in my opinion. - Manley plays against "Mr. Bean" in Round 1. Suljovic is in a fantastic form, in practise he hits a plenty of 12-darts-finishes. I´ll wait for the HC-spreads, the 180- bet on Mensur should be relativeley safe. It could be a game on high level- Suljovic is a guy like King, inapproachable some says arrogant. Manley often plays his best darts against such guys...- The second Austrian, Hannes Schnier plays against poor Youngsheng. @1,36 (sky) isn´t normally a bet for me, but the Chinese is one of the worst player I´ve ever seen on the PDC-championship. Hannes with a very strong second half in 2008, is a good player for a short Format like bo3 bo5 or like in the Preeliminary bo9. If he hold his nerves (it´s his first televised Game) he will win sure. - I´m not so sure about Rodriguez- Scholten is practising continous, the medics says yes for a Start in Alexandria Palace, the shoulder was operated. For Carlos it´s the first live broadcasted event too- if Scholten (who practised with Van der Rassel) gets confidence the dutch could win. Its Material for Inplay- I´ll watch for his shoulder....- Remco van Eijden is a studied sportmanager and knows about his role in "the battle of genders". As an Businessman he will earn a lot of sponsorships for his preeliminary. As a sportman he is better than Anastasia, but only a few... The administrators of the PDC will have her in round 1 or 2 at least and I think Remco probably will cooperate...

Hello everybody, it´s my first posting and I´ve never seen such a quality in Dart-Betting before. First I will say, that my English isn´t the best and I´m used decimal odds. In my opinion - Hamilton for winner of Quarter 3 is more than a think worth. But there is a Problem with Andy- what´s the time when he leave the bar? Last year he lost in an afternoon-session no chance in my opinion. - Manley plays against "Mr. Bean" in Round 1. Suljovic is in a fantastic form, in practise he hits a plenty of 12-darts-finishes. I´ll wait for the HC-spreads, the 180- bet on Mensur should be relativeley safe. It could be a game on high level- Suljovic is a guy like King,inapproachable some says arrogant. Manley often plays his best darts against such guys...- The second Austrian, Hannes Schnier plays against poor Youngsheng. @1,36 (sky) isn´t normally a bet for me, but the Chinese is one of the worst player I´ve ever seen on the PDC-championship. Hannes with a very strong second half in 2008, is a good player for a short Format like bo3 bo5 or like in the Preeliminary bo9. If he hold his nerves (it´s his first televised Game) he will win sure. - I´m not so sure about Rodriguez- Scholten is practising continous, the medics says yes for a Start in Alexandria Palace, the shoulder was operated. For Carlos it´s the first live broadcasted event too- if Scholten (who practised with Van der Rassel) gets confidence the dutch could win. Its Material for Inplay- I´ll watch for his shoulder....- Remco van Eijden is a studied sportmanager and knows about his role in "the battle of genders". As an Businessman he will earn a lot of sponsorships for his preeliminary. As a sportman he is better than Anastasia, but only a few... The administrators of the PDC will have her in round 1 or 2 at least and I think Remco probably will cooperate...
Welcome Tintifax. You make some interesting points. :)

Re: Darts: PDC World Championship just been reading that John Part has lost 3 stones of weight recently this is tempting me to have small punt on him, Yes he is in Taylors half, however he has never been overawed by the power before and Part is one of the few players taylor has genuine respect for ( the others being Preistley, and Barneveld) Part defnding champion is capable of winning againn and if he hits form he is like a bulldozer, and will demoish all in his path, no doubt Taylor brings out the best and at 50/1 i really think he is way overpriced,

Re: Darts: PDC World Championship Just one for the first night. Stompe 4/5 spo 10 pts Interesting clash between a couple of former world semi finalists both of whom have been disappointing at times during their careers. Both very good on the floor but have suffered on the main satge and perhaps not fulfilled their potential. Both too have shown glimpses of form of late with jenkins playing ok since his return from his ban especially at the gsod of darts when he beat taylor in a short format game. However Stompe's form also has been very good. In truth, it has been decent for a while because he played well in 2007, well enough to be seeded for the bdo worlds and has played well this year in patches. He reached the semis of one of the players events which nearly put him in the WGP and in his last event he won the german darts championship, beating Hamilton in the semi and then taylor in the final with 107 average. If he repeats that than he should be pretty hard to beat here, some if though. However I do fancy Stompe just to prevail in this one and put jenkins in lots of trouble considering his is defending so much money.

just been reading that John Part has lost 3 stones of weight recently this is tempting me to have small punt on him, Yes he is in Taylors half, however he has never been overawed by the power before and Part is one of the few players taylor has genuine respect for ( the others being Preistley, and Barneveld) Part defnding champion is capable of winning againn and if he hits form he is like a bulldozer, and will demoish all in his path, no doubt Taylor brings out the best and at 50/1 i really think he is way overpriced,
Is losing that much weight a good thing? I have my doubts. It fcuked Taylor up when he lost a shitload of weight and to be fair ever since he lifted the world title Part has looked rubbish in the majors.