Darts: PDC World Championship

I'm the first of what will be many on this event so hope to start with a bang Round one ties. WAYNE JONES V BOB THORNTON Bob is the favourite here and i would expect him to win, however the wolverhampton widower is priced at 5/2 and he has been semi finalist in both codes world championships. if your looking for some value it could be here, this will be close and not much seperates these to in the rankings, and both are similar players can score heavily whilst also enduring slumps. ANDY JENKINS V CO STOMPE the bookies have PDC newcomer Stompe as favourite mainly i expect througfh his victory over Taylor at the weekend where Stopme avgd 106, this was a one off, and i would be very surprised to see him repeat this form over two events, Jenks beat Taylor in grand slam and played well he has been semi finalist here before, and at 11/10 i think the bookies have it wrong on this one. KEVIN PAINTER V MATT CLARK Painter the seed is favourite though since his run to final in this event a few years back, he has failed to consolodate on that and for me pricks about too much standing back . licking fingers, going to throw stepping back again, all this affects his play and Clark is starting to get results on the PDC tour, Spiderman at 13/ 8 is far too generous this will be a close game and Clark is way over priced. DENIS OVENS V STEVE MAISH There are two denis ovens the floor player who will hammer in 180s, average well into three figures, and a opponent every other player wants to avoid. thene there is the TV stage Ovens missing doubles, inconsistent scoring, struggling when playing top players Maish will be happy with this draw and will fancy his chances at 13/8 for me that is the potential shocks for round one, hope to add more after watching preliminary round, as i know there is a player who is suffering from an elbow injury and he is due to meet a qualifier, i want to wait and see who he faces in round one.;)

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.