Golf: 2008 Ryder Cup

Re: Golf: 2008 Ryder Cup Bit of a pain in the arse in that last match really. Went from looking like +38.12 in the morning to just +8.12 which I'll still take. Cink and Campbell stole one which was nice and US won the session comfortably. Was looking bad at one point as Harrington spanked one straight down the middle at the 1st but I'll take a profit from the morning with a couple of nice priced picks running for me this afternoon too. At least that final match was halved so I've got 2 of the 5 halves I need already.

Re: Golf: 2008 Ryder Cup Gotta say I was relieved to see Cink and Campbell win their match That Leonard / Mahan price was crazy, had to be taken. I fancy Westwood/ Hansen stongly and I also took the english duo Wish I had foreseen Graeme Mc Dowell's start!! ps decent morning for you Kev, can't beleive Furyk / Perry fcuked it up for u :\

Re: Golf: 2008 Ryder Cup

ps decent morning for you Kev' date=' can't beleive Furyk / Perry fcuked it up for u :\[/quote'] Yeh but Cink and Campbell won a game they had no real right to win so what you gain on the swings you lose on the roundabout as they say. Mahan and Leonard continued their excellent play to win that match which gave me a +6.25 return for the fourballs despite Stricker and Curtis doing nothing. Mahan is almost secured of a place in the top debutant market too and of course US are certain to lead going into day 2. All in all a decent day for me and I go into day 2 +14.37pts. I'm off to Sheffield tomorrow so I won't be around to bet on the fourballs tomorrow but I'm not leaving til 11 so I should be able to get some bets on for the foursomes.

Re: Golf: 2008 Ryder Cup Taking an early one before the morning. Can't see this price lasting. 10pts USA to win Saturday Foursomes 11/8 Betfred I was going to take this bet before I saw the pairings because I feel America have the better options for foursomes but having seen the pairings my stake has increased from 5pts to 10pts. USA must look at the pairings and be laughing. No Garcia, no Casey and no Westwood who you could argue are Europe's 3 best matchplayers in the team. Azinger has had it easy so far in this competition and he's put out the exact same pairings which won 3-1 on Friday morning. Sure it's a different day but I can't see it being a different foursomes result.

Re: Golf: 2008 Ryder Cup Prices up early so I'll do my foursomes bets now. Going with two tomorrow. Bookies still underestimate the Americans. 10pts C.Campbell & S.Cink to beat I.Poulter & J.Rose 6/4 Sportingbet Chad Campbell and Stewart Cink played awfully yesterday and still won this matchup. They won't play that badly again I'm sure. The Europeans will probably say Rose and Poulter won't mess the last up again and they would probably be right but I'm not convinced Poulter and Rose are a good foursome pairing. Campbell and Cink are though. Both straight tee to green and generally good putters. There's going to be lots of pressure on the Europe pairing here as Europe need blue on the board early and if you look at the two pairings following them if they don't win here Europe could easily lose the 1st three matches. On most holes the Americans will hit their 2nd shots 1st giving them that classic matchplay advantage and I think they'll emulate yesterday's win by beating the English duo again. 10pts J.Furyk & K.Perry to beat P.Harrington & R.Karlsson 6/4 Ladbrokes If I'm unsure if Poulter and Rose are a good foursome pairing I'm certain these two ain't. Both are too similar to me and I can't believe for one minute they get on better than Harrington and McDowell or Karlsson and Stenson would. Still I'm not Faldo. One thing we do know is Perry and Furyk do get on well. Very few know this course better than Perry and although between them they completely fcuked up the last 3 holes yesterday I'm going to side with them again in the hope that was a huge one off. I don't think you can get two more solid all round players than Furyk and Perry and at 6/4 they look great value to win the last match before lunch.

Re: Golf: 2008 Ryder Cup I'll have to side with Rose and Poulter this time I think. They should've won in the foursomes and looked pretty good in the fourballs later. Cink and Campbell will give them a good game but I'll go with the English duo @ 2.05. They are about the only thing that has looked half decent in this Ryder Cup for Europe so far. I agree with you Kev about the other match, bookies seriously overrating thsi Harrington / Karlsson pairing IMO, it just didn't work yesterday and I'm amazed Faldo stuck with them. Mickelson / Kim @ 1.73 Really should get the job done against a weak looking pairing. Only complacency would be the US's downfall in this match. Mickelson looked really good yesterday and Kim will get stronger and stronger. Leonard / Mahan @ 2.0 They were the absolute dream duo yesterday, saturday is a completely different day bnut I can't ignore 2.0 on them here. Jimenez / Mcdowell might turn out to be surprisingly good but its a very strange partnership IMO and completely unproven.

Re: Golf: 2008 Ryder Cup This could turn into another one of my Golfing disasters:lol:lol:lol Day 2 foursomes: USA @ 2.4 Betfair. Realy shocked by the Europe pairing and they look really weak for the foursomes. In particular Jiminez/McDowell and Stenson/Wilson look very weak against Mahan/Leonard and Mickleson/Kim. USA really dominated yesterday and I can't see leaving out Garcia and Westwood helping us get back into it. Foursomes MICKLESON/KIM @ 1.72 Paddy Power. This looks like a very easy pick to make, even though it is odds on. Mickleson played extremely well yesterday and really looked to be enjoying himself and enjoying playing with Kim. Kim had a pretty poor day on the whole, but managed to pull out some important shots when they needed it. Getting the win in the foursomes should give his confidence a boost and I expect him to play much better today. Stenson was very poor yesterday, and he's going to have to play a lot better. It's going to be tough for Wilson today, coming in for his first match with everyone else having played already yesterday. I really can't see Europe getting anything out of this one. Foursomes LEONARD/MAHAN @ 2.04 Betfair. Leonard and Mahan were annoyingly good yesterday and I'm happy to get over even money on them here. Whenever they needed a putt they got it and overall they just played very well. I tought Jiminez was quite poor yesterday, he seemed to hit a lot of decent putts without really threatening the hole and I think this will be tough for Europe. McDowell played well but as a pair I see Leonard/Mahan as quite superior after yesterdays show.

Re: Golf: 2008 Ryder Cup Im just going to go with one today. I must say the americans look very strong in those middle two mathces but its a different day today and you never know what is going to happen. Cink/Campbell 29/20 spo 10 pts. There is none of the early 6/4 around now but I still like the Americancs here. I went for them yesterday and for the majority of that match they were poor but they played better when it mattered and in the end beat Poulter and rose. The approach shot by Campbell at the last was one of the shots of the day yesterday and that came on the back of a typically solid drive from Cink on a hole tha had caused the Americans some problems. Then both Americans were left out of the fourballs and Cink surprisingly so imo so they will both have a point to prove today. Poulter and Rose did turn it around in the fourballs and whilst they played pretty well, Rose's putting in particular seemed hot, I cant help but think they were helped by some poor play from Stricker/Curtis, Curtis especially.

Re: Golf: 2008 Ryder Cup Can I pick a winner?:lol:lol:lol Day 2 fourballs EUROPE @ 2.20 Betfair. Looks obvious. Very good foursomes for Europe getting them back into this and they have the momentum going into the afternoon. Like the look of the European pairings especially Westwood/Hansen and Garcia/Casey who should get Europe off to a good start.

Re: Golf: 2008 Ryder Cup Great putt by Wilson at 17 to win a topsy turvy match:notworthy not a bad session today with it going 2.5-1.5 in favour of Europe. A bit peed off Rose isnt playing this afternoon in the fourballs as i have him at decent odds for top europe scorer. He & Poulter have 2pts each & Poulter is playing again.

Re: Golf: 2008 Ryder Cup Garcia/Casey 4/5 bet3 10 pts Neither of these two played this afternoon but Im sure they will be raring to go and this format really could suit them, especially Casey if he is back to some form. There seemed to be some sort of problem with Garcia which apparently stopped him playing earlier (I dont quite buy it). However he should be ok if he is playing now and in Stricker and Curtis he faces what looks a weakish American pairing. They were very poor yesterday, Curtis especially and they only managed to win just one hole in their defeat. Neither Garica or Casey were on form yesterday indeed Casey was poor but I feel this format suits them much better and they can win this one. Perry/Furyk 2.62 betf 10 pts Tricky much to call this one in some ways. Poulter/McDowell pair up and both of them seem to be playing quite well. Poulter has had a point to prove in this event and so far has proved it although some of his opponents having been at their best. However that is not his fault and some of his iron play in particular was impressive earlier today. However in perry/furyk he is facing a solid pairing. They have just beaten Harrington/Karlsson and in truth should have beaten Westwood/Garcia on day 1. That was in a foursome format and one may think that with Perry and Furyk being more steady players, they might not be as suited to fourballs. However the bottom line is that both are playing well and for me can play in any format when in form. 2.62 on the exchanges seems a biggish price for me for such an inform pair.

Re: Golf: 2008 Ryder Cup Level day for me yesterday with Furyk/Perry saving me in the morning and the halved match bet coming in with a day to spare to cover that small loss in the foursomes. Still +14.37 going into today with Mahan needing just a half to win that newcomer bet and USA still in a good position. Will come back with bets in the singles shortly.

Re: Golf: 2008 Ryder Cup 1703 Anthony Kim v Sergio Garcia - Europe 1714 Hunter Mahan v Paul Casey - Tie 1725 Justin Leonard v Robert Karlsson - Tie 1736 Phil Mickelson v Justin Rose - Europe 1747 Kenny Perry v Henrik Stenson - Europe 1758 Boo Weekley v Oliver Wilson - USA 1809 JB Holmes v Soren Hansen - USA 1820 Jim Furyk v Miguel Angel Jimenez - USA 1831 Stewart Cink v Graeme McDowell - Europe 1842 Steve Stricker v Ian Poulter - Tie 1853 Ben Curtis v Lee Westwood - Europe 1904 Chad Campbell v Padraig Harrington - Europe USA worst 2 players this week against 2 of our best!!!! Final score 14.5 Europe - USA 13.5 9/1 Hills Its gonna be close

Re: Golf: 2008 Ryder Cup 1703 Anthony Kim v Sergio Garcia - Europe 1714 Hunter Mahan v Paul Casey - Europe 1725 Justin Leonard v Robert Karlsson - USA 1736 Phil Mickelson v Justin Rose - USA 1747 Kenny Perry v Henrik Stenson - Tie 1758 Boo Weekley v Oliver Wilson - Europe 1809 JB Holmes v Soren Hansen - Tie 1820 Jim Furyk v Miguel Angel Jimenez - USA 1831 Stewart Cink v Graeme McDowell - Europe 1842 Steve Stricker v Ian Poulter - Tie 1853 Ben Curtis v Lee Westwood - Europe 1904 Chad Campbell v Padraig Harrington - Europe Final score 14.5 Europe - USA 13.5

Re: Golf: 2008 Ryder Cup 1703 Anthony Kim v Sergio Garcia - Europe 1714 Hunter Mahan v Paul Casey - USA 1725 Justin Leonard v Robert Karlsson - USA 1736 Phil Mickelson v Justin Rose - Tie 1747 Kenny Perry v Henrik Stenson - Europe 1758 Boo Weekley v Oliver Wilson - USA 1809 JB Holmes v Soren Hansen - USA 1820 Jim Furyk v Miguel Angel Jimenez - USA 1831 Stewart Cink v Graeme McDowell - Europe 1842 Steve Stricker v Ian Poulter - Europe 1853 Ben Curtis v Lee Westwood - Europe 1904 Chad Campbell v Padraig Harrington - Europe Final score USA 14.5 - Europe 13.5 Definate late surpe for Europe. Might be enough, might not:unsure. Might back Garcia, Leonard, Furyk, Poulter, Westwood and a few cheeky quid on a tie:hope

Re: Golf: 2008 Ryder Cup I must admit, the way things have panned out over the last couple of days, I am worried and I feel the US may just have the edge. 1703 Anthony Kim v Sergio Garcia - TIE 1714 Hunter Mahan v Paul Casey - USA 1725 Justin Leonard v Robert Karlsson - EUROPE 1736 Phil Mickelson v Justin Rose - TIE :hope 1747 Kenny Perry v Henrik Stenson - EUROPE 1758 Boo Weekley v Oliver Wilson - USA 1809 JB Holmes v Soren Hansen - USA 1820 Jim Furyk v Miguel Angel Jimenez - TIE 1831 Stewart Cink v Graeme McDowell - EUROPE 1842 Steve Stricker v Ian Poulter - EUROPE 1853 Ben Curtis v Lee Westwood - TIE 1904 Chad Campbell v Padraig Harrington - TIE Final Score 14.5 - 13.5 to the US :hope Im wrong

Re: Golf: 2008 Ryder Cup Not going so well this event for me so far but going to go with a few in the singles. Garcia 10/11 var 10 pts For whatever reason Sergio hasnt played well this week but saying that neither has Kim. Indeed Kim has been far worse of the two. He was carried by Mickelson for a lot of day 1, played a bit better as it got going but didnt play anywhere near well enough in general and yesterday was poor again and it was no surprise to seem him axed. Garcia may not have played that well so far but on the big occasion today, I can see him improving on what has to be said a poor singles record. Stenson 23/20 var 10 pts Stenson impressed me yesterday, he was in big trouble in the morning but along with Wilson he played well yesterday and pulled back Mickelson/Kim. and that was a great win. He then did something in the fouraballs to get a half along with Karlsson who was excellent. He has a great matchplay pedigree and might just have too much power for Perry. Perry has played well in patches but not in others and he needs to get his putter hot. Another factor here is the 18th hole, Perry lost a major on the hole and has lost a few points this wekk on it too, that could have a pyschological factor if it gets that far. Hansen 6/5 var 10 pts This two must be sick of the sight of each other. However in a singles match I have to go with the more consisitent player which is the Dane. Holmes is simply too inconsistent. Sure he hits it a long way and can set up certain birdies but on other ocassions he just rights of the hole and he hasnt got a steady player with him to help him today. Hansen for me. Furyk Nap 5/6 var 10 pts Furyk has been playing so well in this event. it might not show in terms of number of wins but he is in top form. His tee to green gold is excellent, he is making more putts than sometimes plus at times his approach shots are so good that he doesnt need to put. Yesterday in the fourballs he played in one of the all time matches against Poulter/McDowell, he made 6 birdies on the back nine yet somehow he didnt win the hole with any of them, thats how good the quality of the golf was. Added to the mix is his top singles record, only one defeat to Casey last time, he also has a very similar record in the pres. cup. Jimenez has just been so so in this event but he has atough match here. Westwood 4/6 tote 10 pts A danger here is that by this point sometimes games can be a little bit of a sideshow and far too often players concede puts late on and an a/s occurs. However for me on form I think Curtis is going to struggle. Westwood showed some good character on day 1 and whilst he didnt play as well when he finally got a chance to play yesterday, he has been playing mcuh better than Curtis and getting away from Holmes might help him today. Vurtis struggled badly on day 1 and wasnt that much better on day 2, only 1 birdie in 34 holes for him and I can see Westwood winning this.

Re: Golf: 2008 Ryder Cup Looking forward to a great evening's golf tonight. Looks like a good set of singles matches and I think USA will get at least the 5.5pts they need out of them. I'm going with 4 bets for tonight. Mostly without the tie because I can see a few matches being halved and most of them tight. 10pts H.Mahan to beat P.Casey (DNB) 11/10 Stan James Match tees off at 1714 BST. Hunter Mahan has been the best player on the American side this week and he's taking on a Paul Casey who has a big reputation but who hasn't played particularly good golf this week. Casey's putter has been stone cold all week which hasn't been the case for Mahan who has putted beautifully as well as hit the fairways and the greens. Casey could catch fire at any minute of course and we know his matchplay pedigree having won the HSBC Matchplay in the past but Mahan has a good matchplay instinct too and from what we've seen this week he looks a good bet at odds against. 10pts R.Karlsson to beat J.Leonard (DNB) 10/11 Stan James Match tees off at 1725 BST. Robert Karlsson has played some good golf this week. None better than his back 9 last night where he was stunning and almost single handedly kept he and Stenson in their fourball match. Justin Leonard has been his usual solid, meticulous self this week playing very good golf with Hunter Mahan and he has that classic matchplay advantage here in that he'll be hitting his 2nd shot 1st most of the time. Robert Karlsson's been in good form for a while now though and his game is in excellent shape and I think he'll just edge this one. 10pts S.Hansen to beat JB.Holmes 6/5 Stan James Match tees off at 1809 BST. I'm probably tempting fate here by taking the Dane with the draw in play but I'll risk it. I think Soren Hansen is an extremely good ball striker. Arguably the best ball striker in Europe at the minute. Tee to green he's very good. Putting isn't his strength which is a bit of a concern but Holmes isn't much better with the short stick. We all know how far Holmes bombs it and when he's had a partner in fourball play that's been a massive weapon but he's on his own here now and he can't afford to be too wayward. Hansen will be hitting his approach shot 1st almost all the time and the quality of his iron play should see him have the better birdie chances and for that reason I'll take the Great Dane to put a point on the board for Europe. 10pts I.Poulter to beat S.Stricker (DNB) 9/10 Totesport Match tees off at 1842 BST. Ian Poulter has probably been the most impressive player on display this week. There's no doubting his matchplay credentials and he's often a player I back for the Accenture Matchplay at the start of the year. Generally he hits good iron shots but his key is he's a superb putter. Steve Stricker is a solid golfer, gutsy and also a good putter but Poulter has that extra something you neeed today in that he can play great golf with high intensity which could be needed should the scoreboard be tight. Faldo's kept Poulter until the end as a safe pick if the overall score is tight and at 9/10 without the draw I like the Englishman here too.

Re: Golf: 2008 Ryder Cup 1703 Anthony Kim v Sergio Garcia - EU 1714 Hunter Mahan v Paul Casey - USA 1725 Justin Leonard v Robert Karlsson - EU 1736 Phil Mickelson v Justin Rose - USA 1747 Kenny Perry v Henrik Stenson - TIE 1758 Boo Weekley v Oliver Wilson - USA 1809 JB Holmes v Soren Hansen - TIE 1820 Jim Furyk v Miguel Angel Jimenez - USA 1831 Stewart Cink v Graeme McDowell - EU 1842 Steve Stricker v Ian Poulter - EU 1853 Ben Curtis v Lee Westwood - EU 1904 Chad Campbell v Padraig Harrington - EU I make it 7-5 for the singles which would make it a tie overall Garcia, Mahan, Mickelson, Furyk, Poulter, Mcdowell, Westwood, Harrington all look decent prices to me.

Re: Golf: 2008 Ryder Cup 2 out of the 4 match bets won today with Mahan gaining a tie which was enough to win the top debutant bet. USA won the cup and Perry beat Jimenez so all in all +28.97 for the day and +43.34 for the competition. All in all a good week betting wise for me and a brilliant weekend of golf.

Re: Golf: 2008 Ryder Cup

1703 Anthony Kim v Sergio Garcia - Europe 1714 Hunter Mahan v Paul Casey - Tie :ok 1725 Justin Leonard v Robert Karlsson - Tie 1736 Phil Mickelson v Justin Rose - Europe :ok 1747 Kenny Perry v Henrik Stenson - Europe 1758 Boo Weekley v Oliver Wilson - USA :ok 1809 JB Holmes v Soren Hansen - USA :ok 1820 Jim Furyk v Miguel Angel Jimenez - USA :ok 1831 Stewart Cink v Graeme McDowell - Europe :ok 1842 Steve Stricker v Ian Poulter - Tie 1853 Ben Curtis v Lee Westwood - Europe 1904 Chad Campbell v Padraig Harrington - Europe USA worst 2 players this week against 2 of our best!!!! Final score 14.5 Europe - USA 13.5 9/1 Hills Its gonna be close
middle order was the key plus Garcia/Casey only getting 0.5pts from 1st 2 matches. Hero of the week for Europe Poulter 4 from 5 & overall top scorer :clap Rose, Karlsson & McDowell not far behind Villians of the piece Garcia, Harrington & Westwood - very strange play form 3 of the World's top 10!!!:eek