** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Best Bet Of The Day Fri 22/08/08

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Fri 22/08/08 Newm 3.05 - National Colour - win six group one winners line up for the Nunthorpe and I wouldn't look beyond that half dozen for the winner. With none of the other runners having won at group two level there's a big gap in class between the top few and the rest. Fly in the ointment could be Percolator, the 2YO, but she's a filly, and up against big sprinting colts I'll pass her over. Of the six G1 winners 2 have won the Abbeye, Desert Lord and Benbaun, but generally they're not competitive at this level. ( This seems to be a bit of a trend with the Abbeye, maybe because the result is so draw dependant) Sakhee's Secret - got to be doubts after last couple of runs That leaves Equiano, Kingsgate Native and National Colour, all three look to have top chances. I'm wondering if Equiano had the run of the race at Ascot, drawn against the rail, maybe might not have everything his own way today Kingsgate Native - better at 6 furlongs now ? National Colour is an early speedster who has won group ones over 6F, so I'm hoping he'll blast them away from the front but still have the stamina to get home.........with Kingsgate Native too far behind at half way to get back.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Fri 22/08/08 So many to choose from Newb 3.25 Bauer 1 pt win Very difficult with lots to consider, Yellowstone was probably the closest pick of the rest for me but in the end ive gone for cumanis in this race which isnt a great surprise. This one seems another typical cumani horse in this race. It progressed a couple of years ago sharply and undoubtedly has lots of ability, won listed race last year at chester in style and whilst not always being that consistent, on his day he is good and when really fancied lto (halved in price) finsihed just second at good which was perfect as it avoided the penalty, also possibly significant that this is the trainers only one in the race now.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Fri 22/08/08

Kingswinford 2.50 Newbury 1pt win good thing of the day fill ya boots
TGC, you need to have a look at the rules mate in the first post of this thread, we only accept bets with decent reasoning, not asking for an article or anything. Cheers:ok

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Fri 22/08/08 Sorry mate I watched Kingswinford run last time out and ran on into second behind a springer in the market which won comfortably. I consider this horse to be a winner without a penalty with perfect going and distance for him. He is highly tried having taken on listed company and the booking of a good apprentice taking off some weight adds to its chances. 1pt win Kingswinford

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Fri 22/08/08 TGC, thanks for that, good luck with it. 325 Newbury; Tropical Strait Was really impressed by this one last time over C/D, runs with a penalty but would be raised more by the handicapper so in a way is well treated here. Has panned out well with the race being switched to Newbury. Plenty in with chances in a race such as this but you cant beat being on a horse at the top of their game and at the price represents fair value.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Fri 22/08/08 7.20 They say in racing that the going is one of the most important factors to account for don't they and looking at Grazeon Gold Blend I can't decide whether todays soft going will inconvenience. The course passed an inspection this morning so it looks like the race will go ahead, but GGB's recent form has come on good ground or faster. In the past he he won on Gd/Sft, Sft at Bev and finished a fair second on identical ground at Thirsk. In subsequent tries on slow ground he has fared less well but I'm not sure whether that was because of other underlying factors. For example, when he ran at York in Aug '06 he was running at a higher class off a fairly high mark and was held up. His recent promising form has been when he has raced much more prominently. He tackled heavy ground at Ripon earlier in the year, when he dwelt and was behind. He made some late headway but never reached a challenging position. Again, his poor placing (5th of 7) may possibly have been avoided had he raced more prominently (or was his held up position a result of the ground??). If you could confidently ignore the possible problem that today's going presents then you would have to say that J Quinn's gelding would have very good claims for this class 4 handicap running off what looks a competitive mark of 77. He was a course and distance winner just over a month ago off 75 when he had Katie Boo (who reopposes here 2 lb better off than last time when there was 2 lengths between them) back in 3rd. That race was a class 5 affair but he was subsequently stepped up to two class 3 races and he held his own on each occassion. He was rated 75 for his race at Doncaster but found 85-rated Dressed to Dance and 77-rated Bel Cantor too good. He then ran off the same mark at Ripon when 84-rated Harbour Blues and 86-rated Bond City finished infront. That looked an above average race though and both Great Charm and Prior Warning, the two immediate ones he had behind, were rated 89 and 95 respectively. In those last two races he's been less than two lengths off the winner but dropping down to class 4 level the highest rated horse he will face is rated 80 today. With PJ McDonald's 3 lb claim he's effectively racing off a mark 1 lb lower than when registering his CD win. He's 8/1 today anyway so I'm prepared to have a little go at the price and hope he handles the ground. 1 pt WIN

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Fri 22/08/08 1.30 Newmarket: Jazacosta Beat likely favourite Roly Boy over 7f at Goodwood latest and although 3lb worse off with that rival every chance he will confirm the form which should put him right there. Step up to 1m should suit as seemed a little tapped for toe at the business end at Goodwood last time. Track may suit better last time effort and with a positive Jockey booking I think this is the value of the race at around 11s. Would advise e/w at the price but for this thread win. WIN

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Fri 22/08/08 2.05 Newmarket Lush Lashes[url=http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/autolink.php?id=91&script=showthread&forumid=13] This looks to me like todays banker. This is the class horse in the race and she was desperately unlucky not to win last time. A poorly judged ride by Manning meant she had no chance and did really well to get as close as she did. However, her Coronation and Musidora wins were sensational, and she ran well in the Oaks as well. Some say she might not stay today, but this is a completely different kettle of fish to the oaks. Likelyhood is they wont go the same sort of pace and it will be much easier to get the 1m 4f here than it would have been at Epsom. Her form looks to eclipse her rivals, and I cant see her getting beat. Saying that, I said that last time but Kevin Manning made a mess of it, so anything can happen. :hope:ok

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Fri 22/08/08

Sorry mate I watched Kingswinford run last time out and ran on into second behind a springer in the market which won comfortably. I consider this horse to be a winner without a penalty with perfect going and distance for him. He is highly tried having taken on listed company and the booking of a good apprentice taking off some weight adds to its chances. 1pt win Kingswinford
Cracking winnner there mate. :ok Well done!