Semi Final 1 - Germany Vs Turkey

Re: Semi Final 1 - Germany Vs Turkey

Major international tourney semi finals are normally exceptionally tough to call. But on this occassion I really can't see past a Germany win. Turkey IMO have been extremely fortunate to get this far. True they've fought really hard, but lets be honest they really shouldn't be in the semis. Even if they were at full strength then they'd seriously stuggle, but now with such a depleted squad it will be even more massively hard work. I fully expect Germany to win easily. The Jerrys -1 AH @ 1.75 looks very generous to me.
could'nt agree more. i usually bet the draw in most quarter/semi final matches in major tournies, and was successful in quarters[3out of 4]. but i can't see past a german win here. im gonna wait til just before kick off tho, as im still tempted to back the draw in both semi's.[but surely germany must win this:unsure

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last 3 Euro semi finals. Portugal 2 - 1 Holland Greece 1 - 0 Czech Republic (105th minute) France 2 - 1 Portugal (117th min) Italy 0 - 0 Holland (Pens) Germany 1 - 1 England (Pens) France 0 - 0 Czech Republic (Pens) 5/6 - Have finished in draws 3/6 - Have been won on penalties 4/6 - Have been under 2.5 0/6 - Have seen a team win by more than 1 goal. My Bet - Turkey +1.5 @ 1.7 9/10 Extremely generous odds.
Just to add to this, no team has ever won a world cup semi final by more than 1 goal. I'm tempted to put very high stakes on the Turkey +1.5 AH @ 1.7

Re: Semi Final 1 - Germany Vs Turkey This game will be more than just a game, about two and a half millions of Turks live in Germany and some internationals like Hakan Balta and excellent Altintop were born in Germany and raise in Bundesliga. The Germans have lifted the form as the championship went by and according to their own opinion the loss to Croatia was helpful-it turned the alarm on. The team got serious, thanks to Ballack barely won Austria and qualified for the knock-out stage. Good news before this semi-finals come from the German doctor’s: Frings will probably be ready so Germany will face Turkey with complete starting eleven. Certainly, a burden for Germany will be the status of absolute favourites but if there is a country that never gives in to pressure, than it is precisely Germany. Terim won’t have many dilemmas, since the third keeper Tolgan will be on the bench, and though it sounds strange he could happen to get out on the pitch if there are no other solutions. Besides the standard keeper Demirel and defender Emre Asik, two most important midfielders are suspended, Tuncay Sanli and excellent Arda Turan. Two most famous and most experienced players, Emre Berezoglu and Nihat are already home. Servet Cetin, the leader of defense is also injured as well as Tuner Metin. Germany certainly won’t underestimate even the rivals playing without nine players. Germany will be aware of the last three games they didn't win against Turkey. Low will insist on the pressure and an early goal that would decide the further course of the match. Germany boss probably won’t change anything besides Frings’ return in the team, which means a classic 4-4-2 formation with Podolski and Klose in the attack. Germany to win.:hope :cheers

Re: Semi Final 1 - Germany Vs Turkey After a long silence AYHAN AKMAN and GOKDENIZ KARADENIZ is at 11. THese 2 players are the quickest and very very technical players . NOW watch time, Turkey will show all Europe Football resital.. Hamit + Semih + Gokdeniz is enogh for GErmany. I know Germany will score minimum 2 goals, but today is Hamit's and Gokdeniz's day. Lehmann will cry on the grass, and we will wait for SPAIN in the final.

Re: Semi Final 1 - Germany Vs Turkey Turkey has 13 players against 26 players in Germany BUT We have 13 soldiers and Germany have 26 players. Soldiers will come again and Turk Soul will help us to defeat Germany as we did to Switzerland Czech Rep Crotia

Re: Semi Final 1 - Germany Vs Turkey Germany win for me. I'm hoping Podolski can take advantage of the Turk's injury problems and add a few to his tally after David Villa drew a blank in Spain's last game. I don't trust Germany totally at the back with Lehmann in goal though so I think Turkey will score. However, I think this will be a case of just how many can Germany score. They have a far, far better attack than Switzerland, Czech Republic and Croatia did. Klose has finally got off the mark, Podolski can hit them from range, Ballack is a danger from set plays and now Schweinsteiger is back in and Gomez is dropped they look even better going forward. 3-1 Germany @ 9/1 for me. :hope

cant see past the Germans here, Turkey have had their luck now surely,claims that its Turkeys destiny to win the thing, Germany dont do destiny, expect them to be efficient and brush Turkey to one side. Germany -1 @ 5/4 looks fair.
Where did you get that price :eek. Surely it's not AH.
obviously bluesq can change the price on it but, germany -1 h'cap is 5/4, i've tucked in, only around 8/11 on bfair..;) http://www.bluesq.com/bet?action=go_event&ev_id=1580361

Re: Semi Final 1 - Germany Vs Turkey Well it seems quite tough on Turkey's side,coz the best top scorer of their own had been injured and some of them had been suspended due to the match recently.Marked me down if i am wrong...I'm sure Germany will win all out,by 3-0 or even 4-0 against the Turkey.:clap And the Germans will have a campfire after the match has ended,guess wat will they have for their barbeque dinner?? ROAST TURKEY of course!!!!:nanath_Germany.gif

Re: Semi Final 1 - Germany Vs Turkey TÜRKİYE Rüştü Sabri Gökhan Hakan Uğur Hamit M.Topal M.Aurelio Kazım Gökdeniz Semih ALMANYA Lehmann Friedrich Mertesacker Metzelder Lahm Schweinsteiger Rolfes Ballack Hitzlsperger Podolski Klose SAAT: 21.45 STAT: St. Jakob Park ŞEHİR: Basel YAYIN: Lig TV, Atv HAKEM: Massimo Busacca (İsviçre) almanya didnt play good football for austria and crotia.. crotia desteroyed this team.. and we beat crotia.. why odds so high for turkey i dont understand.. germany has only a few player dangers.. ballack,schweinsteiger,podolski and klose.. others are rubbihs for me.. yes we have lost os injured and suspended players but our players play with their heart.. everybody will see how turkey will play..this is national team and it is not important who will play.. turkey or draw ; 2.65 (value) betsson turkey wins; 8.00 bet365

Re: Semi Final 1 - Germany Vs Turkey Germany -2.5 A methodical and disciplined German side should easily account for the Turks here. The Germans are at full strength for this game and will look to ensure that the Turks don't have the stamina nor belief to hold on like they did against Croatia by scoring an early goal and knocking the stuffing out of them. If Olic had scored early on then Croatia would have won by a few goals as the Turks looked disorganised at the back and didn't threaten up front. Look to the Germans to ensure this doesn't repeat itself by putting their chances away. But not only will they want to score early, but also score a few, as with the history of racial tension between the two, pride will ensure that the Germans inflict a heavy defeat on them. The Turks had alot of luck in the game against Croatia, and now with even a more dire situation for them, without more players and the fact that the Germans have two very good strikers in Klose and Podolski, i can't see this being a close game but a resounding victory.

Re: Semi Final 1 - Germany Vs Turkey The form book says - Germany win. Germany were my bet for the competition at the start of the tournament (4/1) but against the Turks - I am not as certain. You have to admire the Turkish spirit and 'never say die' attitude and that self belief may have some bearing on the outcome of this match. Both teams are classic counter attack sides. The Portugese were perfect opponents for the Germans with their direct style, Germany soaked up the pressure and hit the Portugese on the break. The Turks will sit back and hope to do a 'Germany'! En buyuk, Turkiye, as they say in Turkey Going for a draw......with perhaps a hunch flutter on Turkey to score first:loon

Re: Semi Final 1 - Germany Vs Turkey Need not repeat the reasons why Germany should win...here's how my bets look like for tonite:- Germany HT/FT @ 2.1 : Big Germany -1 @ 1.75 : Big Germany -1.5 @ 2.25 : Small Germany 2-0 @ 6.5 : Small Germany 3-0 @ 10 : Small :cheers cheers all

Re: Semi Final 1 - Germany Vs Turkey Does no-one listen to me? Last 3 Euro semi finals. Portugal 2 - 1 Holland Greece 1 - 0 Czech Republic (105th minute) France 2 - 1 Portugal (117th min) Italy 0 - 0 Holland (Pens) Germany 1 - 1 England (Pens) France 0 - 0 Czech Republic (Pens) 5/6 - Have finished in draws 3/6 - Have been won on penalties 4/6 - Have been under 2.5 0/6 - Have seen a team win by more than 1 goal. Just to add to this, no team has ever won a world cup semi final in the last 10 years by more than 1 goal. Germany will NOT win by more than one goal!

Germany -2.5 A methodical and disciplined German side should easily account for the Turks here. The Germans are at full strength for this game and will look to ensure that the Turks don't have the stamina nor belief to hold on like they did against Croatia by scoring an early goal and knocking the stuffing out of them. If Olic had scored early on then Croatia would have won by a few goals as the Turks looked disorganised at the back and didn't threaten up front. Look to the Germans to ensure this doesn't repeat itself by putting their chances away. But not only will they want to score early, but also score a few, as with the history of racial tension between the two, pride will ensure that the Germans inflict a heavy defeat on them. The Turks had alot of luck in the game against Croatia, and now with even a more dire situation for them, without more players and the fact that the Germans have two very good strikers in Klose and Podolski, i can't see this being a close game but a resounding victory.
luck,luck and luck.. blah blah blah...

Re: Semi Final 1 - Germany Vs Turkey Well, this one is an interesting thread betting-wise. It sure gives an impression of a punters dillemmas when speaking of betting. What kind of info should matter or not? Some talks about tourney history and tradition, while other chooses to focus on the facts concerning squads, form and status. Pressure and value bets is another fact that punters are taking in consideration. For me, all matters, but when looking at tradition comparing todays semi towards the past one, it could not have such a difference squad-wise as it is today. With a major number of players being out for the turks, and many of them key players, the germans should have it quite easy on paper. Speaking of value, there is real question about Turkey is whether they will score or not? Do they have the firepower needed to break through an already tight defence? And on the other hand will the germans be able to break through a defensive minded Turkey? Form-wise there is no doubt that both teams have fought hard to get to the semis, but the Turks has definitely had the most of luck, or maybe you might call it as the americans would call it, momentum... Questions ---> Answers, more Questions ---> more Answers. It would Germany for my sake, thinking them getting an early goal, and the Turkey not be able to fight back this time. They will try though, which will again open up the Turkey defence... Germany, -1.5 2.29 @10bet 5/10

Re: Semi Final 1 - Germany Vs Turkey Turkey AH (0) @5.90 Looking at the lineups Turkey are fielding a decent side. This Turkish team has more depth than they are getting credit for. The return of Aurelio will add some needed backbone in the midfield along with Topal to protect the makeshift CB duo. Altintop and Sabri are tricky players on the flanks and could force Lahm to defend more than he is used to. Up front Kazim and Semih won't have many opportunities but I believe they can take advantage of the slow footed Mertesacker and Metzelder who have both been dreadful thus far.

Re: Semi Final 1 - Germany Vs Turkey Very interesting thread to read in my opinion some stagering opinions on this match. I know most people have backed the German's in this game because they have a very strong squad and beat the much more favoured Portugese in the Quater-Finals easily 4-1 also the fact that Germany has for many years been the team to get the job done in big games. On the other hand Turkey are coming in huge underdogs since they can just feld a starting eleven it is just stagering the way Turkey has been able to overcome injuries and suspension throughout this tournament and still get the job done. I tend to agree with the fact that Germany should win this game since they have everything going for them well the fact is football isn't played on paper and Turkey have this never say die attitude which teams like Portugal didn't have. For these reason I am going to go with Turkey, +1.5 1.61@bet365 5/10. I'm also tempted to go with the double chance of Draw or Turkey 2.62@bet365.

Re: Semi Final 1 - Germany Vs Turkey Would someone please let me know in Coral match specials Turkey are 5/6 0 goals, not sure if this is just for the 90mins or includes extra time, as i don't see the Turkish breaking down Germanys defence.

Does no-one listen to me? Last 3 Euro semi finals. Portugal 2 - 1 Holland Greece 1 - 0 Czech Republic (105th minute) France 2 - 1 Portugal (117th min) Italy 0 - 0 Holland (Pens) Germany 1 - 1 England (Pens) France 0 - 0 Czech Republic (Pens) 5/6 - Have finished in draws 3/6 - Have been won on penalties 4/6 - Have been under 2.5 0/6 - Have seen a team win by more than 1 goal. Just to add to this, no team has ever won a world cup semi final in the last 10 years by more than 1 goal. Germany will NOT win by more than one goal!
We hear you SloppyJ :cheers to that. It;s a point to consider. But who knows, right? Spain has never won on penalties, and they did. I'm expecting this to be the 2/7 that did not finish in a draw, 4/7 that wasn't won on penalties and the 1/7 that was won by more than 1 goal. Good luck everybody

Re: Semi Final 1 - Germany Vs Turkey With you Mowgli. There have been a few surprises during this tournament, but it's really stretching it to think that the Germans will get turned over here. With a full strength German team (Frings returns) up against a depleted Turkish side, this is now a David and Goliath affair. Turkey can shout from the rooftops about what they are going to do, but class will out and the Germans have vast experience at this stage of major competitions. 1/2 Germany for me:ok

Re: Semi Final 1 - Germany Vs Turkey Fair enough but the quality of a team rarely comes into play during these sort of tournament games. Just look at the FA Cup (Barnsley vs Liverpool for example) and how a bit of determination and will to win can make the game a lot tougher than it looks on paper. My three tips of this game (Betfair odds). Turkey +1.5 @ 1.72 Half time score 0-0 @ 2.86 Under 2.5 Goals @ 1.88

Re: Semi Final 1 - Germany Vs Turkey Some good write ups guys, I'm just trying to teach others to follow your lead. ;) My opinion on this match? I don't think Germany are a particularly great team to be honest and if Turkey keep it very tight like they did against Croatia, then anything is possible. They do have some key missing players, like Nihat who is a big loss. I actually had a dream last night that Turkey won 1-0 and who knows, it's possible, as they are playing a similar way to how Greece won it last time. The Germans have to be favourites, and adding Turkey's injury problems, favours them even more, but their price is shocking. No Bet.

Very interesting thread to read in my opinion some stagering opinions on this match. I know most people have backed the German's in this game because they have a very strong squad and beat the much more favoured Portugese in the Quater-Finals easily 4-1 also the fact that Germany has for many years been the team to get the job done in big games. Where did you get this :unsure? It was 3-2 to Germany. After Turkey knocked out Croatia I had a quick glance at the odds and thought at 7/1 they might be worth a nibble but now with the injury and suspension crisis they have they could well struggle here. Germany to win to nil at 2.20 at Bet365 looks a good bet but all my bankroll is in Betfair just now so may well just opt for a German clean sheet @ 1.95 which I think may be safer than Germany -1. A lot of people backed Germany to beat Austria on the handicaps but the Germans showed that night just one goal is enough so they may well have a similar mindset tonight, although that night a draw was enough to put them through. Without Nihat and Arda Turkey will be devoid of the firepower which has helped them this far. Germany's new 4-2-3-1 formation with two sitting midfielders in Hitzlsperger and Rolfes will make them harder to break down so I'm pondering a German clean sheet. Gonna give this some more thought before I make a final decision and it will be small-medium stakes as the Turks have surprised us throughout the competition and have some useful players but this is likely to be a step too far.

Re: Semi Final 1 - Germany Vs Turkey A couple more value bets: Turkey to have more corners @ 4.3 Both teams have 20 corners so far this tournament, so for Turkey to be such high odds is rediculous. I can see why Germany are favorites for this because they will attack and Turkey will be on the back foot, but if Turkey can counter well they could get a few more corners than the Germans. Definately value here. Germany to win on penalties @ 15.5 I think theres a good chance of this going to penalties, and if it does I expect Germany to win.