Semi Final 1 - Germany Vs Turkey

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Semi Final 1 - Germany Vs Turkey In case all gets hyped up about turkey , now we are talking about a seriously strong contender in the form of Germany . Forget what happens in the Group Stage . Germany are simply in a different class than turkey and god knows how many players are missing for Turkey for this clash . Turkey's run to Euro2008 has been full of surprises and i doubt that they can do it again ........ Germany should qualify at the expense of the turks . However , for pure value and entertainment bets , going for turkey is the right way to go as you never know what kind of turkish team is coming back come match day time . Mentality wise , turkey is the strongest of the teams left now . They've attached the comeback mentality deep in their brains already . Would be possible to see a shock final which is Turkey vs Russia ........ With that said and done , i'll be rooting on turkey to qualify with small stakes . :ok

Re: Semi Final 1 - Germany Vs Turkey Germany will win. I support Turkey tho, but we only have like 13 or 14 players for the match and two of them are goalkeeper.:lol That we came to the semifinal had a lot to do with 100% will to win, as you can see this helps a lot (Russia vs Netherlands yesterday). But therefore, you need one or two awesome players who can change the match in any minute of the game. We now miss Tuncay (for me man of the last match), Arda (new coming star), Emre Asik (again a defense man.. who ist left for the defense.. :eek) and Nihat who plays in spain and has a lot of experience which we would need for such a game. If we win this, I will make a party the whole week, but it seems like here is the end. Every good things happen 3 times, we already used that :D. Anyway :hope

Re: Semi Final 1 - Germany Vs Turkey Servet Cetin (DF)(doubtfull), Nihat Kahveci (FW), Emre Gungor (DF), Arda Turan (MD),Emre Belozoglu (MD)(doubtfull), Tuncay Sanli (FW), Volkan Demirel (GK) ... but in my opinion , emre and servet çetin will play.. and i know that turkey wont lose this match.. draw or turkey ; 2.62 (value) bet365

Re: Semi Final 1 - Germany Vs Turkey Well i really really am rooted for the Germans to win , I want to bet 300 pounds but will not before the match starts as much as i know the germans are very strong and all againist european nations.The turkish players are like mad and crazy in a way ,i just find their style of play very weird. They all go running towards the otherside like crazy and the ball is hit from the turkey side and they just bump the ball somehow into the opponents goal.Its frustrating to watch such play. There is no planning,nothing they defend well and at the end always they do the same thing run and attack. and i really feel the german defence will wobble and ballack will start shouting when they do that. Another thing i wanted to ask is that in the betting how is a "win" decided i mean Why is there a Draw even mentioned when in QF there has to be a winner. Odds are Germany Draw Turkey 1.45 4.5 8.2 Say at the end of 90 min Germany 0-0 Turkey .So if i bet on draw does it mean the betting is counted till 90 min or are the other 15+15 min and penalities counted too. If i say Germany wins and until 90 min the score is 0-0,+15 min 0-0,+15 min 0-0. If it went to penalities and Germany win Does it mean my bet wins or is it a draw.

Re: Semi Final 1 - Germany Vs Turkey

Another thing i wanted to ask is that in the betting how is a "win" decided i mean Why is there a Draw even mentioned when in QF there has to be a winner. Odds are Germany Draw Turkey 1.45 4.5 8.2 The odds whether 1x2 bet or handicap bet is for regulation 90 minutes only. Extra time does not count. Say at the end of 90 min Germany 0-0 Turkey .So if i bet on draw does it mean the betting is counted till 90 min or are the other 15+15 min and penalities counted too. Draw at the end of 90mins means u win 4.5 * 300 pounds. If i say Germany wins and until 90 min the score is 0-0,+15 min 0-0,+15 min 0-0. You lose your bet If it went to penalities and Germany win Does it mean my bet wins or is it a draw. It's a draw if the score is tied in 90minutes. You lose your bet
If it's a 0-0 scenario by the end of 90mins, Bet on Germany - Lose Bet on Draw - win Bet on Turkey - Lose If it's a 2-0, Germany, scenario by the end of 90mins, Bet on Germany - Win Bet on Draw - Lose Bet on Turkey - Lose If it's a 2-0, Turkey, scenario by the end of 90mins, Bet on Germany - Lose Bet on Draw - Lose Bet on Turkey - Win Hope that helps. Having said that... Before anyone gets too excited about Turkey, let me just point out that Nihat, Tuncay and a few others are out of the semi-finals due to injury or suspension. Germany are having all the luck they can have at the moment, and UEFA might as well just give them the trophy. After doing some inital reading..Germany will win this match in regulation time, no doubt. I don;t expect any more surprises from Turkey. They've used up all their cards. Those lucky Germans!

If it's a 0-0 scenario by the end of 90mins, Before anyone gets too excited about Turkey, let me just point out that Nihat, Tuncay and a few others are out of the semi-finals due to injury or suspension. Germany are having all the luck they can have at the moment, and UEFA might as well just give them the trophy. After doing some inital reading..Germany will win this match in regulation time, no doubt. I don;t expect any more surprises from Turkey. They've used up all their cards. Those lucky Germans!
Yes Thanks for that explanation.Those betting sites should really mention all those at least in help section. Well Just how r u so sure that the Germans are going to win just tell me Cause i lost a Sum of 550 pounds on their match with croatia.My concern is i want to bet another lumpsome on this match. I know they played great againist portugal.But having said that dont you really think it has all got to do with Swienstiger that day i mean he was lucky like a horse shoe every corner,pass he took ended up going to the goal. Dont tell me you didnt notice that.If sweinstiger wouldnt have played i really dont think the germans would have won that day.They were playing hard and all that but comon i mean for peace sake they played their hearts out even with Austria and look how meagerly they won that day and that too a penality kick. I wont bet on Germany especially with a stupid tag of 4/11 thats outright robbing againist turkey. I dont know if turkey will win or lose but i do feel that they have a good defense and they are well known for that and before you know all breaks loose and a kick is made and one of the turkish players runs to the goal plop all dreams dashed. I really think this match will finsih its 90 min but having said that the problem with betting on a draw is as i said before the germans are strong like ox.If there to win they have to win in the first half and they dont do that.they get tired and they wont run in the end and just when its like 85,86,87 there goes a running turk towards the goal and they all run with him. I ll probably wait till half time to see who scores and then bet. Your Thoughts are welcome.

Re: Semi Final 1 - Germany Vs Turkey U think u have it bad against the Germans, here's mine:- German v Poland, bet Under 2.5 won German v Czech, bet German -0.75 lost German v Austria, bet German -1.25 lost German v Portugal, bet Portugal -0.25 lost Now that's bad. Anyway... I agree. Like I mentioned in my post, the Germans are lucky...and so were the Greeks when they won 4 years ago. They didnt play that well against Portugal. It was just that the Portugese didnt play their normal game and the keeper was shit. Two gifted goals. The main reason why I said that this is and will be a German win, is because the Turkish squad have 15 or 17 players only that are able to play in the semis, simply because their main players like Nihat & Tuncay are either injured or suspended. So they won't have the same drive like how they had against Czech or Croatia. There won;t be any fight backs. Im pretty sure the Germans will score a couple and soak up the pressure. Then again, I might change my mind on the eve of the game...shit happens.

Re: Semi Final 1 - Germany Vs Turkey If Germany dont win this I think ill have to give up betting. Honestly. They looked impressive in beating Portugal and Turkey are much easier opposition. Turkeys main danger players Nihat, Tuncay and Arda are all unavailable so its a massive plus for Germany. The only thing stopping me putting a LOT of money on is the fact that if Germany find it hard to break them down, they might give up and play for ET/Penalties and then ive lost a lot of money and I have to watch them win through to the final (not good im sure you will agree). What does everyone think?

Re: Semi Final 1 - Germany Vs Turkey Turkey face the prospect of having just 13 outfield players available for their Euro 2008 semi-clash. Coach Fatih Terim is waiting to hear whether keeper Volkan Demirel will have his suspension overturned, while Emre has a 50-50 chance of returning. Coach Terim said he may have to field third-choice keeper Tolgan Zengin during Wednesday's encounter.

o.gif [url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A37583418?s_fromedit=1&s_type=15&s_sport=football]
"He could come on towards the end as a sub as last man in defence or a centre forward," he said.

If Germany dont win this I think ill have to give up betting. Honestly. They looked impressive in beating Portugal and Turkey are much easier opposition. Turkeys main danger players Nihat' date=' Tuncay and Arda are all unavailable so its a massive plus for Germany. The only thing stopping me putting a LOT of money on is the fact that if Germany find it hard to break them down, they might give up and play for ET/Penalties and then ive lost a lot of money and I have to watch them win through to the final (not good im sure you will agree). What does everyone think?[/quote'] If Schweinsteiger plays, then yes, Germany has a chance of breaking the Turks early, especially when they have a heavily depleted side. Just surprised why Loew did not play Schweinsteiger since the beginning as Frings is not that impressive in my opinion. We all saw that Germany created more chances against Croatia when Schweinsteiger came on, before he got red carded. I wud put half of your "a LOT" on the lucky Germs.

Re: Semi Final 1 - Germany Vs Turkey football is football , greece won euro 2004 , psv won CL in 1988 and since 1/4 only draw all matches and won the final in penalties ; everything can happen... but against germany i cant see a miracle from turkey. Germany will be not relaxed , against austria germany play bad but draw was enough against austria , and in play offs big teams usually never fails against teams with those circumstances. my bet ; over 2.12 , stake 8/10 betfair. pd; my feeling is 3-1 for germany.

Is this bet risky - 1/5 Germany and 4/7 Spain both to qualify :hope £600 returns 1131.84 Lost 400 on the italians :cry, need to recoup some $$$
Genius Dont get greedy,I am telling you again.ok The Germans will play like usual cautious since they know the run and hit play of Turkish players. Iam not saying Germany wont win it just might happen after 90 min.SO dont run having a feeling and put 600 pounds. Put it after half time.Ok ill wait till 80 min this time and put it even then i would be doubtful because i just dont trust the turkish players and i want to enjoy football i dont want to put a lot of money and feel bad just because germans players won after 90 min.You might as well take the 600 $ wait till 86 min put it on whatever you want a draw at 1.5 or something like that.

Re: Semi Final 1 - Germany Vs Turkey Not yet decided on my bets but looking at Podolski and Klose to score and Germany to win and keep a clean sheet. Can't see Turkey turning the Germans over with a full squad, never mind a depleted one. Lahm is playing well, the whole defence should be able to handle the Turks and Ballack will provide the through balls for Klose and Podolski. Not sure where the value is yet but can't see past a Germany win.

Re: Semi Final 1 - Germany Vs Turkey Major international tourney semi finals are normally exceptionally tough to call. But on this occassion I really can't see past a Germany win. Turkey IMO have been extremely fortunate to get this far. True they've fought really hard, but lets be honest they really shouldn't be in the semis. Even if they were at full strength then they'd seriously stuggle, but now with such a depleted squad it will be even more massively hard work. I fully expect Germany to win easily. The Jerrys -1 AH @ 1.75 looks very generous to me.

Major international tourney semi finals are normally exceptionally tough to call. But on this occassion I really can't see past a Germany win. Turkey IMO have been extremely fortunate to get this far. True they've fought really hard, but lets be honest they really shouldn't be in the semis. Even if they were at full strength then they'd seriously stuggle, but now with such a depleted squad it will be even more massively hard work. I fully expect Germany to win easily. The Jerrys -1 AH @ 1.75 looks very generous to me.
I totally agree, Germany is getting better during the finals, which is great for their confidence. It's not that the Turks lack confidence either, but man to man Germany looks far better for the semi - some of the best Turkish players so far are out and tbh no line in the Turkish team looks very good - if they start tight plenty more cards will be coming their way, if they go forward, Germans will be scoring as often as they need. With all respect to the Turks and their tremendous spirit imo this time logic will prevail. Good luck all

Re: Semi Final 1 - Germany Vs Turkey sure turkey can win and yeah germany has advantage and is probably stronger side but turkey coach knows he must come up with a good tactics to stand a chance. defending will be crucial for turkey and if they get 5 men back and work on the counter attack there could be only 1 goal decider in the whole game and it could go either way. turkey haven't been lucky this far so i'm expecting they will put in another solid performance despite their first choice players suspended. good odds on turkey 1-0 win

Yea' date=' but i said to 'qualify' so that includes extra-time and penalties[/quote'] No the match is decide upto 90 min didnt you think of knowing that before putting 600 pounds .Read above in thread if you want more details of how the match is decided. A kind member has taken the liberty of explaining the process. I dont think turkey will score 1-0 in 90 min no way,and i dont think theyll let germany score 1-0 either,theyll run run and run.But there can be a German 1-0 or Draw so if your felling very rich you bet on anything you want.

Re: Semi Final 1 - Germany Vs Turkey Last 3 Euro semi finals. Portugal 2 - 1 Holland Greece 1 - 0 Czech Republic (105th minute) France 2 - 1 Portugal (117th min) Italy 0 - 0 Holland (Pens) Germany 1 - 1 England (Pens) France 0 - 0 Czech Republic (Pens) 5/6 - Have finished in draws 3/6 - Have been won on penalties 4/6 - Have been under 2.5 0/6 - Have seen a team win by more than 1 goal. My Bet - Turkey +1.5 @ 1.7 9/10 Extremely generous odds.

No the match is decide upto 90 min didnt you think of knowing that before putting 600 pounds .Read above in thread if you want more details of how the match is decided. A kind member has taken the liberty of explaining the process. I dont think turkey will score 1-0 in 90 min no way,and i dont think theyll let germany score 1-0 either,theyll run run and run.But there can be a German 1-0 or Draw so if your felling very rich you bet on anything you want.
To qualify 100% includes extra time and penalties, thats why the odds are so much shorter. Stop preaching when you dont have a clue what you're on about.

Re: Semi Final 1 - Germany Vs Turkey My pick for the Germany-Turkey game: Germany are the clear favourites here but I tend to stay away from teams (in all sports) when "everybody and their mother are betting on them" as quite often these teams fail to meet expectations. Still, "the Public" is betting heavily on Germany and the already far too low odd on them is likely to go down even more. Germany plays on a usual 4-4-2 formation which they changed against Portugal using a 4-5-1 in that game in order to stop the superior Portuguese attacking miedfield. They achieved that by playing thight at the back and miedfield and scoring on huge defensive mistakes by Portugal (and, I must say it again, a few ref mistakes have also helped as well). The biggest issue for the Germans in this game is the mental aspect as some players might underestimate the opponent just like most people seem to be doing. Turkey are a much inferior side in terms of quality and class, no question about that and on top of that they have only 12 definitely fit and available outfield players and 3 which are doubtful, with stars like Nihat and Turkay out of the game... ...still, the most important thing for me in this game is: THEY BELIEVE! And we've all seen how these guys play. They do play like a team and with their hearts even if they don't play well. This is more than a game for the Turkish team, it's the 1st time they've made it so far in a major tournament and a chance to make it to the history books, something that the 3 Million Turks living in Germany would enjoy very much as the biggest joy they ever had. Last but not least, guess what? The last 3 times these teams met Turkey won two at home and drew one in Germany! My picks: Turkey +1 AH (Asian Handicap) (2.26) and Turkey to advance to the final (4.90); Good luck! JC

No the match is decide upto 90 min didnt you think of knowing that before putting 600 pounds .Read above in thread if you want more details of how the match is decided. A kind member has taken the liberty of explaining the process. I dont think turkey will score 1-0 in 90 min no way,and i dont think theyll let germany score 1-0 either,theyll run run and run.But there can be a German 1-0 or Draw so if your felling very rich you bet on anything you want.
I think you misunderstood. The bets are up to 90 mins. The matches are up to extra time/penalties. When you place a bet on the normal odds, it's up to 90 mins. Some bookies offer extra time or outright qualify. But this is explicitly specified in the bet slip. If you bet on a draw that pays out 4.05, then if the match ends in a draw, you win the bet, but the match still goes into extra time. Bets are only good for 90mins only, whatever the outcome by the time 90 mins are up.

cant see past the Germans here, Turkey have had their luck now surely,claims that its Turkeys destiny to win the thing, Germany dont do destiny, expect them to be efficient and brush Turkey to one side. Germany -1 @ 5/4 looks fair.
Where did you get that price :eek. Surely it's not AH.