Russia v Sweden

Re: Russia v Sweden Russia v Sweden Russia must today conquests 3 points, if wants to promote to QF. And I think that they will be offensively to play and here I seek chances for Sweden players. Fast Ibrahimovic, glittering Larsson… and have good goalkeeper Andreas Isaksson. In my opinion Sweden is better team and this to them I give the larger chances on victory. Head to Head 57451.gifRUS-SWE127.gif 5 Played 5 0 Won 3 3 Lost 0 2 Drawn 2 5 Goals For 11 11 Goals Conceded 5 pick Sweden win DNB odds 1.9 stake 7/10 SPORTINGBET

Re: Russia v Sweden Ooh tough game to call, however I am going to go with Russia, as you should in a game like this always expect the unexpected. Im up during the course of the tournament, thank to the Turks!! Anyway Sweden have a struggling to Ibrahimovic who probably won't last 90mins, yes he can score but if he isn't fully fit it's a disadvantage no matter who you are. Larsson is a legend who is clearly past it, and Isaksson is over rated by 8 goals! (Man City - Middlesbrough). Russia got pumped 4-1 in their first game against Spain, and although the scoreline tells different they did create enough good chances to score, as well as recording a victory against the European champions. With a man of Guus Hiddinks stature in charge, I believe Russia have enough confidence and ability to see this one through! Also Arshavin could be back. Im taking Russia win at 2.50 with Ladbrokes :ok

Re: Russia v Sweden I'd like to think Russia would win here. Certainly they had 3 to 4 GOOD changes against a woeful Greece, and yet still only managed to convert 1 of them. Sweeden present a tougher opponent than Greece, and could just as easily knick a one nil as russia could. Factor in that the Swedes only need a draw and under 2.5 seems like the only reasonable prediction for this game. However at around 1.6 there doesnt seem to be much value here (if any). Another no bet I feel. Roll on the quarter finals :)

Re: Russia v Sweden Sweden Sweden need a draw to qualify while Russia need a win here. Sweden gave Spain quite a big scare before going down late to them while Russia had their problems with the Spaniards. The Swedes are a direct team and look to get the ball quickly up the park to Ibrahimovic before the Russians get numbers back to smother his attacking abilities. He is the class player on the pitch and in these types of games, he is a player that rises to the occasion. Also the Swedes have the experience that the Russians lack, so look to them to use this to their advantage.

Re: Russia v Sweden "Arshavin available after serving two match ban, also Bilyaletdinov and Zhirkov will available too. Arshavin has no match fit yet, maybe he will wait in the bench. And Torbinski is recovering from fatigue." "Ibrahimovic doubt, we have individual training plan for him. Wilhelmsson and Alexandersson without by injury already." http://en.euro2008.uefa.com/tournament/matches/match=300705/report=pr.html I think this match so difficult for both teams, my first choice is draw. But if one side will be promote in 90 mins, then i think that team will be Sweden. Russian defence line not looking good while playing in 3 defender, nonetheless Berezutski brothers still waiting in the bench since this tournament beginning. Anyukov, Kolodin and Shirokov made mistakes in past two matches, i think that Berezutski bros can play better if start in 11. I like Bilyaletdinov's football he is a skillfull player i think, also Pavlyuchenko too. If Zhirkov in his good form today, Russia can make score more than one. Sweden lost a powerful forward, i mean Wilhelmsson, and if Ibrahimovic cant play, then there is a hard work waiting in Russian defence to old wolf Henrik Larsson, but i m sure he can do somethings without that two powerful strikers with Elmander, because Russian defence doesnt playing with pyhsical, they playing technical and for this case they re available to make lots of mistakes like Turkish defence. Finally, i m thinking this match will be end with more than 2 goals. My Pick: Over 2,5 2,46 Betfair :ok

Re: Russia v Sweden After a great fight Guus Hiddink’s side beta Greece, used their chances and scored a winning goal. They seemed much more mature than against Spain, which can be an illusion since their rivals were much weaker. Russian squad have already done a lot, since they are the youngest team in the championship and experience is their biggest problem. They shouldn’t repeat the mistakes form the duel against Spain where they played too offensive. On the other side Swedish doctors say that Ibrahimovic is ready and his knee will hold on the strain. After the first half against Spain, he was replaced in order to avoid a more serious injury. Ibrahimovic missed a part of the season in Inter due to the same reason but he came back in time to bring the title to his side in the last round. I have already mentioned that Russian side lack experience but they have the potential. After a lot of struggle in the qualifications and thanks to Croatia who twice beat the English, Russia found themselves in the final tournament, the pressure was not so high because the participation alone is a great progress. Under 1.5 goals.:hope Tradition: TOTAL OF 23 GAMES – 8 Sweden wins, 7 draws, 7 Russia (USSR) wins 12 GAMES IN SWEDEN– 4 Sweden wins, 6 draws, 2 Russia (USSR) wins 9 GAMES IN RUSSIA – 3 Russia wins, 2 draws, 4 Sweden wins NEUTRAL GROUND – 2 Sweden wins :cheers

Re: Russia v Sweden My bet for tonights game between these two sides is Under 2.5 goals. I expect a very tight game tonight with both teams fighting for a spot in the Quarter-Finals and all Sweden need tonight is a draw on the other hand Russia are going into tonights game knowing that only a win will see them through to the Quarter-Finals. Sweden are without Wilhelmsson and more then likely without Ibrahimovic tonight these two are Sweden's backbone up-front and without these two they are left with Henrik Larsson at age of 37 who doesn't pose the danger that he used to in his prime. Russia tonight have a big in with playmaker Andrei Arshavin returning from his two game suspension. Although this is the case he will more then likely start on the bench and with a lack of match fitness the last match that he featured in was a friendly against Lithuania on June 4th i doubt his impact will be significant when he makes an appereance. Sweden has a tight defence which i expect to hold the Russian attacks so i expect a low scoring game. Under 2.5 is at a 1.60 at bet365. Goodluck to all.

Re: Russia v Sweden Think Russia are good odds here @ 2.78 and with Arshavin back Guus Hiddink has a good chance of maintaining his record of always getting his national teams out of the group stages. Sweden played very well against Spain and dominated for most of the first half, however when Ibrahimovic went off injured they were forced back and had no creative outlet up front. Henrik Larsson at 36 still reads the game tremendously but his old legs aren't so powerful as in his prime and with a lack of creativity in midfield he has had little service. Still a workmanlike Sweden will be hard to break down but I don't expect Ibrahimovic to play more than a half as he is a doubt tonight. His bit of magic was the difference in a tight game against Greece and with Arshavin back to feed Pavyluchenko I think Russia can impose their slick fast passing game on the Swedes and may just have a bit more quality from midfield to front. With Sweden only needing a draw to progress, they will try and stifle Russia and would be content with this result so the Draw No Bet at evens is also a nice betting proposition. Russia @ 2.78 5/10 Russia DNB @ 1.99 5/10

Re: Russia v Sweden Russia v Sweden The Russians have not progressed out of the group stages of any major tounament as an independent nation. They enter the pitch against Sweden tonight as underdogs and need a win to secure qualification.

As tricky as this match is, one only needs to look at Guus Hiddink and conclude that a Russian win is a possibility. They would avoid defeat, definitely. Hiddink is an intelligent coach and if he gets his tactics right tonite, the Russian midfield could subdue the Swedish old horses. Additionally, it is worthy to note that the Swedes play almost a similar style to England, and we all know what happened to the English. The Russians welcome back Andrei Arshavin and the talented playmaker would add more bite to a Russian forwardline in need of more goals. Arshavin would pull the strings going forward and it would be a dream for the young forward to get on the scoresheet or even hit the winner. The Russians have speed and the fitness required to last the 90 minutes. They have shown that in the match against both Spain & Greece. Turkey & Italy pulled off the impossible. Russia undoubtedly have the potential & young blood to progress. Zlatan Ibrahimovic, withdrawn after an hour from the match against the Spaniards is expected to start even though there is a doubt on the health of his knee. It just shows how much the Swedes are relying on the lanky striker to guide them through this match. They have been less than impressive against Greece & Spain and are likely to falter tonight, if they do not start on the right foot. If Russia can dominate the first half-hour, a goal from them is enough to give them confidence to unsettle the Swedes. I favor Russia +0.25, Russia/Russia HT/FT, TG Over 2.25

Re: Russia v Sweden I put a small bet on Pavlyuchenko to score first goal and Russia to win 2-1 @ 50 - I think Russia will have the upper hand in this game as they have showed they have good technical skills and pace on the attack. Pavlyuchenko is the lead man for their attack and so in my mind the most likely goal scorer and as this game should be fairly open 2-1 is not an unrealistic scoreline so I liked the look of the odds and went in with small stake.

Re: Russia v Sweden

I fancy 3.3 for the draw here' date=' I predict 1-1[/quote'] This is not an option for me . Russia needs to win .With 10 min to go ,If the score EVEN Russians will open up .Win or lose. No options for them .The DRAW doesn't suite Russian side = to the loss . All my life i did bet against my country man . I lost on CSKA Moscow $900 against Sporting . LOL. I did bet Sporting to win UEFA CUP ( knowing Russians suck .LOST) I did catch up with Zenith to win some $$$ .Do you know that Zenith players got BONUS 3 times more then Man U for winning a Champs CUP Shame (not for ManU )UEFA CUP winner payed more then Champs league. Anyway I do feel Russia wins this game . Small wager for me on Russia to win. Friend of my will win $2400 if Swedes win . No loss for me one of us will win !!! GL guys.

I put a small bet on Pavlyuchenko to score first goal and Russia to win 2-1 @ 50 - I think Russia will have the upper hand in this game as they have showed they have good technical skills and pace on the attack. Pavlyuchenko is the lead man for their attack and so in my mind the most likely goal scorer and as this game should be fairly open 2-1 is not an unrealistic scoreline so I liked the look of the odds and went in with small stake.
Why, oh why couldn't Sweden score? :sad Not been a good night for me tonight as had Spain to keep a clean sheet and an array of bets which involved Spain not losing at half time. :wall

Think Russia are good odds here @ 2.78 and with Arshavin back Guus Hiddink has a good chance of maintaining his record of always getting his national teams out of the group stages. Sweden played very well against Spain and dominated for most of the first half, however when Ibrahimovic went off injured they were forced back and had no creative outlet up front. Henrik Larsson at 36 still reads the game tremendously but his old legs aren't so powerful as in his prime and with a lack of creativity in midfield he has had little service. Still a workmanlike Sweden will be hard to break down but I don't expect Ibrahimovic to play more than a half as he is a doubt tonight. His bit of magic was the difference in a tight game against Greece and with Arshavin back to feed Pavyluchenko I think Russia can impose their slick fast passing game on the Swedes and may just have a bit more quality from midfield to front. With Sweden only needing a draw to progress, they will try and stifle Russia and would be content with this result so the Draw No Bet at evens is also a nice betting proposition. Russia @ 2.78 5/10 Russia DNB @ 1.99 5/10
Needed that after a poor couple of days, great performance from Russia. :nana :cheers Sorry to see Sweden knocked out but they look an ageing team now lacking a bit of quality and craft. Been a pleasure watching Henrik Larsson on this stage :ok

People would care if you had posted your bet before the game' date= not with a minute to go!!! :spank
Sorry I didn't happen to be on the forum before the game and there is also this new invention called in-game betting don't know if you have heard of it but it means you can bet on the game whilst it is in progress. You should check it out!!

Russia v Sweden Russia must today conquests 3 points, if wants to promote to QF. And I think that they will be offensively to play and here I seek chances for Sweden players. Fast Ibrahimovic, glittering Larsson… and have good goalkeeper Andreas Isaksson. In my opinion Sweden is better team and this to them I give the larger chances on victory. Head to Head 57451.gifRUS-SWE127.gif 5 Played 5 0 Won 3 3 Lost 0 2 Drawn 2 5 Goals For 11 11 Goals Conceded 5 pick Sweden win DNB odds 1.9 stake 7/10 SPORTINGBET
- 7 units

Sorry I didn't happen to be on the forum before the game and there is also this new invention called in-game betting don't know if you have heard of it but it means you can bet on the game whilst it is in progress. You should check it out!!
With that attitude you won't last long here dude. :spank Clarky101 is of course right, you post your bets before kickoff. If you bet inplay then you post your selection within 1 minute, or it's useless. How can you expect NOT to be called an aftertimer when you bet in like 75' and post it in 89'...?

With that attitude you won't last long here dude. :spank Clarky101 is of course right, you post your bets before kickoff. If you bet inplay then you post your selection within 1 minute, or it's useless. How can you expect NOT to be called an aftertimer when you bet in like 75' and post it in 89'...?
Humble apologies, it was pretty dumb to post it at that time I'll admit. I just wanted to see if anyone else was biting their nails when Russia went through on goal about 4 times in the last 5 minutes thats all. Didn't realise that would constitute some sort of rule breach! :ok

"Arshavin available after serving two match ban' date=' also Bilyaletdinov and Zhirkov will available too. Arshavin has no match fit yet, maybe he will wait in the bench. And Torbinski is recovering from fatigue." [/quote'] Not sure about his match fitness. He ran them ragged last night. Brilliant player. Heard Arsenal want him.

No never heard of it:lol ,shall be checking this betting lark out as soon as poss ;), but apoligies accepted young fella but keep away from aftereventing or the big guys will get yer :ok