Austria v Germany (Monday)

Re: Austria Vs. Germany : Tuesday We´ll play on Monday mate. The group B have the last round on monday at 7.45 pm in Klagenfurt and Vienna. Germany thought after the 2-0 over Poland they´ll enter the quarter final easy. But Croatia was better and the germans much overweening imo. But they´re back on earth and will know that they have to give their best. It´ll be not an easy going. But I hope that the germans know what a situation they have and beat the neighbors... :hope

Re: Austria Vs. Germany : Tuesday croatia is in 1/4 already. if austria beat germany...then poland needs to beat croatia at least with 2 goals. But i think austria can hold the preasure only for 30 mins....then they will drop.Ballack or frings will score from distance power shoot.Poland will play with croatian second team probably...they might stay draw

Re: Austria Vs. Germany : Tuesday Germany need only one point to be through DeMMa. If Germany lose Poland need a win with two goals more than Croatia. And the Austria/Germany match need less goals than Poland/Croatia. It´s not easy but if Germany get one points it´s clear. Croatia is the first and Germany the second. :ok

Re: Austria Vs. Germany : Tuesday

Would Austria win though... HUGE motivation!
only theoretical DeMMa. The probability that Poland win against Croatia with more goals than Austria beat Germany is very less to be honest. Austria is a young team without a leader. They played a few good minutes versus Germany in the latest test but can´t manage the win over 90 minutes. The germans and austrians know each other very good. There´re not a lot surprisings possible. And Germany also know that they need one point or more. And they have the more seasoned players than Austria imo.

Re: Austria Vs. Germany : Tuesday 1. Watch out for penalty in '93 minute for Austria ;) 2. Tables and stats do not play... I can't believe Germany lose points against Austria. But IMO my western neighbours are to short to touch this game. Why? Look at point no.1 ;)

Re: Austria Vs. Germany : Tuesday austria has odds to good to miss . they have in my view played better than there points say. They should of had 1point in the 1st game and 3 in the last game . germany may win the game but if you dont double up on 9/1 odds then you may miss out.

Re: Austria Vs. Germany : Tuesday 30 minutes into the game vs Poland they should have been leading 4-0.. I think if they have the same start against Germany and actually score a goal or two they can hold on to the lead. The odd's are very good and I think its worth betting on an Austria win.

Re: Austria Vs. Germany : Tuesday Stranger things have happened but if Sunday night's shenanigans are anything to go by then beware of betting on teams with no motivation. Germany though have motivation BUT only have to get a draw to progress. Austria need to win. If Austria were to lose it'd break the cycle that a host or at least one co-host has managed to get to the semi-finals. Are Germany gonna lay down and let Austria beat 'em? Surely not? I'm as cynical as Blackstock is regarding last-minute goals but hey, we've had more than a few in this tournament haven't we!?

Re: Austria v Germany (Monday) When I first saw this match I thought ok obvious win for Germany because they have not qualified yet. But then yes they do only need a draw to qualify. But I very much doubt that Germany will play for a draw as a tied score is only one goal away from a defeat. They could be 1-1 with 10 minutes to go and Austria will have an opportunity to win. I think Germany's mindset will be that they would rather be a goal ahead of Austria with only 10 minutes left so if the do concede late it wont put their qualification in jeapordy. So the Germans will attack hard and early to make sure they have a goal or two in the bank. Obviously they are good enought to score first so my bet is for the Germans to be the first team to score. Paying 1.33 at Centrebet which is almost the same as the head to head for Germany.

Re: Austria v Germany (Monday)

austria.gif Austria v Germany germany.gif June 16 1945 BST Its 30 years since Austria last shot the Germans down (West Germany that is) denying them a place in the World Cup Final. Euro 2008 co-hosts Austria must shed their tag as Germany’s inferior sporting little brother when the sides meet on Monday night in Vienna if they are to progress to the quarter-finals. Austria will progress if they win, and Poland do not produce a better result against Croatia. They are without suspended centre-back, Sebastian Proedl, and must overcome an eight game winless streak at the Ernst Happel Stadium. Germany have been boosted by the fitness of Lukas Podolski, and Philipp Lahm, while Bastian Schweinsteiger is suspended after his red card against Croatia. Recent Germany form: 12/06/2008 Croatia 2 - 1 Germany 08/06/2008 Germany 2 - 0 Poland Recent Austria form: 12/06/2008 Austria 1 - 1 Poland 08/06/2008 Austria 0 - 1 Croatia Key Match Facts: Kuranyi and Klose have both managed to score hat-tricks against Austria since May 2002. Austria have only scored 3 goals in their last 5 games. Podolski has hit all 3 goals for Germany so far in this competition and he's 6/1 to score FIRST with Ladbrokes

Re: Austria v Germany (Monday) I like the look of Germany to win both halves @ 2.84 with Betfair. As has been said here, Germany will push from the off to try and get a goal and with the pressure they can commit on Austria, I can see that they will score in the first half. I think Austria struggle to score and most of the time they have attacking plays but without finding the back of the net. Think of how Austria started against Poland, all over the Poles and yet what happened? Austria couldn't finish their chances and Poland went up the other end and scored! Germany are far more dangerous than the Poles, especially with the strike partnership of Klose and Podolski. I don't rate Gomes for the Germans at all and so I said strike partnership, not strike trio. Anyhow Germany are likely to win the first half for the reasons they have stated. Germany will then not choose to sit back and defend their win as to do that could be dangerous if the margin is only a goal. The best way to continue is to grab a second and then perhaps shut up shop. As the odds for Germany to win are @ 1.41, I think it's generous odds that gives the Germans double that to win both halves or is that always the way?

Re: Austria v Germany (Monday) Austria v Germany The Germans are unlikely to falter like how they managed to do against the Croatians. Unlike Croatia, the Austrians play a different brand of football. Their style of play similar to Poland, and the Germans should have no problems seeing the match through and book their place in the quarterfinals. Against the Croatians, the Germans looked more like Bolton Wanderers, pumping long balls into the box and persisted in trying to break the Croatian defence down through the middle, when what they should have done was use their wide players more often to cross the ball into the box for their taller players, Klose & Gomes, to attack. The Germans should learn their lessons by now and I doubt their players would want to face another embarassment tonight and would look to score a convincing win to gain back their credibility. The Germans will be making some changes to their line-up & Lucas Podolski, scorer of their 3 goals, is likely to play off Klose, replacing the ineffective Gomes. Considering the number of goalscoring chances squandered by both Gomes & Klose against the Croatians, it is only logical to bench Gomes and put in a more prolific striker up-front to make those runs into the box. This is where Podolski would be most effective for the Germans tonight. I mentioned a convincing win, and I am looking at a 4-0/4-1 scoreline, probably 5-0 even. Even if the hosts are "rewarded" a penalty in the 90 +2 minutes, it would not be enough to see them beat the Germans. It'll take a couple of ghost penalties to do that. True, the Germans need only a draw to qualify, but German pride is at stake after the humiliating way they lost to the Croatians. The Austrians would most probably try to keep it tight at the back and the first goal for the Germans, I expect, would come from midfield, probably a freekick or a 30 yard screamer. Looking at the probable midfield line-up, Ballack, Frings & Hitzelsberger are strong candidates for first goalscorer. I expect Podolski to score at least one. Klose & Ballack are due a goal so either one or both would be on the scoresheet tonight. Pick Germany -1.5 to win 4-0/4-1 Pick First Goalscorer Ballack or Hitzelsberger

Re: Austria v Germany (Monday) Over 3.5 Germany know they must win this game to advance to the quarter finals and know that even if they score one, that may not be enough as their tournament has seen quite a few late goals scored. So look for them to score two or three goals here. Austria will look to gain some prde in this game and so look will go the offensive to score which should set up some opportunities of its own players who are due for a change of luck. Should be some goals in this game

Re: Austria v Germany (Monday) Austria v Germany Over 2.5 @ 1.82 Betfair 7/10 Statistically the last group games have a very high proportion going over the 2.5 mark and I think this one has a good chance of too. While a draw would put Germany through, it would be very risky for the Germans to settle for a draw and they have too much class for Austria and should be able to win by a couple of goals. The Austrians grabbed a late draw against Poland which has given them a slim hope of qualifying if they win tonight. Therefore they will have to push forward at some stage leaving gaps at the back which Germany can exploit although they created enough chances to score against Poland but some great goalkeeping from Artur Boruc prevented them. Jens Lehmann isn't quite as rock solid so the Austrians could grab a goal. Michael Ballack first goalscorer @ 7.6 0.5/10 The Chelsea man has yet to net in this tournament and with Gomez probably being dropped for a more defensive midfielder, he will be given a more attacking role here and with his class is always in with a shout of scoring. Poland v Croatia over 2.5 2.10 6/10 Like Austria, Poland have to win to have any chance of progression. That means they should drive forward early on and could get some joy against an understrength Croatia. Defensively they have been less than impressive and if they are leaving gaps at the back they could concede aswell so again this has a good chance of going over 2.5 as Poland may have to throw caution to the wind in the later stages.

Re: Austria v Germany (Monday) Germany must remain unbeaten against Austria to qualify for the quarterfinals where mighty Portugal await. Austria are still in the race for the next round since they have literally, in the final seconds, took a point against Poland thanks to Vastic's penalty. Austria have only one way to go, to win Germany and hope that Poland will win Croatia with higher than one-goal margin. Legendary Vastic will probably wait for his chance in the second half since he doesn’t have the strength for the whole match, while Linz didn’t prove to be in form. Germany will settle for a point and if Austria get careless like against Croatia and Poland and expose themselves to counterattacks too much, they will suffer a disaster. Last days Germany played without motivation or ideas, an early conceded goal and midfield’s incapability to resist the rivals' aggressiveness made them try to reach Klose and Gomez with long passes which was doomed to failure against Simunic and Robert Kovac. I will suggest Ballack to score since each free kick as well as eventual penalty is a chance for him to overcome Jurgen Macho.:hope Last 5 Austria matches: 12.06.2008 GROUP B Austria-Poland 1:1 08.06.2008 GROUP B Austria-Croatia 0:1 30.05.2008 FRIEND Austria-Malta 5:1 27.05.2008 FRIEND Austria-Nigeria 1:1 26.03.2008 FRIEND Austria-Netherlands 3:4 Last 5 Germany matches: 12.06.2008 GROUP B Croatia - Germany 2:1 08.06.2008 GROUP B Germany - Poland 2:0 31.05.2008 FRIEND Germany - Serbia 2:1 27.05.2008 FRIEND Germany - Belarus 2:2 26.03.2008 FRIEND Switzerland - Germany 0:4 :cheers

Re: Austria v Germany (Monday) Looks nailed on to me, should be a German win but at those odds ill give it a miss. Instead, ill be backing Germany (-1) on the handicap at even money with Coral. Basically, im backing them to win by two or more goals. Austria will have a go but Germany should be far too strong andh ave the firepower up top to destroy them. If its only 1-0 to Germany with 20 or so minutes left, Austria will go for it and I feel Germany wil break away and it could be a rout.

Re: Austria v Germany (Monday) Anyone betting on Germany at these odds is in need of a head examination IMO. 1) they are away from home 2) they aren't all that good 3) Austria can still qualify I've skipped as I'm fairly heavy on over 2.5 in both games tonight. If I weren't I'd be on Austria+1 though, for the pure sexy value of the crazy odds.

Re: Austria v Germany (Monday) Think a good bet is emerging. People seem to be backing Austria, sending the odds for Germany up. Fact remains that Austria, despite playing on home ground, are a far weaker team than Germany (anyone who disagrees should check the gap between the two on the FIFA ranking). Off course, if Austria are lucky they might get something from this, but as odds for Germany -1,25 have risen to 2,00 (Bet365 and Pinnacle), this is where I'll put my money Germany -1,25 @ 2,00 Bet365 and Pinnacle

Re: Austria v Germany (Monday) This was the match I had down to decide the outcome of my Podolski and Klose top scorer bets. The Klose bet has lost now to be fair, but it Loew sees sense and drops Gomez (is he even a footballer?) and plays Podolski upfront then he could have a field day and pull clear at the top of the scoring charts. The Germans should have come together for their recent meeting and know they must get some sort of result here to qualify. They looked shaky at the back against Croatia but still looked good going forward with the exception of the useless Gomes. Austria couldn't score for Toffee against Poland until they were gifted a goal, and I can't see them scoring past the Germans here either unless they get a dubious penalty decision. Backed the Podolski hat-trick at 18/1 Coral. Also got Podolski scorecasts with 3-0, 4-0, 5-0, 6-0, and 7-0. Obviously the last few of those are unlikely and my stakes on those reflect that. Come on you Germans.:hope

Re: Austria v Germany (Monday) Backed Germany to win both halves @ 3 also backed Germany clean sheet @ 2.02 I think Germany are the masters of achieving the result when they need to. I can't believe at the start of the tournament people were saying how rubbish Austria was and suddenly are starting to panic that Germany might not get a result against them. I think Austria have shown they can attack but against Croatia, who let them back in to the game too much and against Poland who haven't played the best defensively. I think Germany can get a clean sheet and that they will win both halves as feel they could come out comfortably with a win of more than a couple of goals.

Re: Austria v Germany (Monday) I've taken Germany on asian handicap -1, &-.5 on betfair at 2.06. If they win by two or more i win full stake odds, if they only win by one i only lose half my stake. I can only see Germany winning as they are way ahead of Austria in terms of ability. I don't care Austria are at home and still have a chance of qualifying... they wont, Germany should win hopefully by more than one. Also had a small stake bet on Ballack for first scorer, he takes penalties and free kicks and is a danger in the air from crosses.

Re: Austria v Germany (Monday) I've just had £2 on Ballack & 3-0 to Germany scorecast @ 42 - I think those are reasonable odds for a game that Germany should win comfortably and as has been said Ballack has a good chance for scoring the first goal. I took small stakes as may not happen but could be good still to watch.

Re: Austria v Germany (Monday) Mario Gomez is pants. My sister would have put away that chance he fluffed. Do Germany have any player with one bit of skill? They've been very bland, very England like, so far. All pass and move and running behind the defence but no skill.