Sweden - Spain (Saturday)

Soccer - Euro 2008 Spain - Sweden Pick: 1 Unit Over 2.5 2.40 @ Expekt 14 June 17:00 Two teams that don't like to defend, and with great offensive talents.In the Spanish side we have Villa, Torres, Fabregas, Silva; at the Swedish side are Ibrahimovic, Larsson, Ljungberg, Kallstrom. They are therefore two teams with undeniable offensive capacities, that joining this to its offensive mentality will have to provide a great spectacle, with delicious goals, many chances, details, that is all the necessary condiments for a good game of soccer. The first game of these teams confirmed its offensive style, Spain scores for 4 times to Russia through an intense and fast attack, Sweden defeated the European champion for two balls without reply. The defensive level of these teams can't be consider properly strong, Spain disclosed to some defensive difficulties front to Russia, the Swedish will have to proof their defensive abilities because they played with Greece that are zero attacking, however, I can affirm that Sweden is not a team that throughout the times has demonstrated great defensive capacities, and in this Euro must not have great changes to this respect. In such a way, I think to be congregated the conditions for a full game of emotion where the goals will have to appear. Edit by Heniek31: Stop posting link to your site! :wall You need permission from Paul Ross to do it. Last warning.

Re: Sweden - Spain (Saturday) Spain -1 @ 2/1 is a good bet here imo, this game will revolve around whether Spains classy, rotating, inter changing midfield three, Iniesta, Xavi and Silva can carve out the chances for Torres and Villa to put away, i think they can unlock the rather Stubborn Swedish defence and at the same time wont be overly troubled by Swedens forward play.With two of the best strikers in the world up top, Spain are the sort of team you'd fancy to clear a 1 goal h'cap.

Re: Sweden - Spain (Saturday) I find it a little intresting that Fredrik Stoor, who is expected to start as right back, played in Champions League for Rosenborg this season where he had to face David Silva twice and did a really good job in those games. As far as the game is concerned i believe Spain is good enough to win, but remember that Sweden won the qualifying game played in Stockholm and that they usually play well against the better teams in big tournaments (excl Germany 2006) Swedish media thinks that coach Lagerbäck might rest some players in this one as some of them have or have had injury problems and that they see the game against Russia as the key game. However i think Sweden will field there strongest team with Zlatan and Larsson up front. Seb Larsson will probably take Wilhelmssons place as right winger. I find the price given for a spain victory a little short. Wouldn't surprise me if Sweden could get a draw.

Re: Sweden - Spain (Saturday) I too think that those odds aren't really great for Spain but you wouldn't be suprised if they storm them like they did the Russians, sth like Holland did today. So I'm thinking either Spain with more than one goal difference or more than 2,5 goals in the game.

Re: Sweden - Spain (Saturday)

I too think that those odds aren't really great for Spain but you wouldn't be suprised if they storm them like they did the Russians' date=' sth like Holland did today. So I'm thinking either Spain with more than one goal difference or more than 2,5 goals in the game.[/quote'] But then how strong the over 2,5 goals, I mean I expect Luis Aragones to improved on defense, or maybe he will relay on scoring more goals?

Re: Sweden - Spain (Saturday) You're right, it could be 2-0. Still i expect Sweden to cause some trouble to not so good Spain's defence, be it with individual skill or set pieces. Should be an open game. I'm taking over 2,5 at 1.9, good odds I would say. And another bet with Sweden/+1/-Spain on Spain at 2.7.

Re: Sweden - Spain (Saturday) SWEDEN-SPAIN These two met in the qualifiers, where Sweden won at home but were outplayed and lost away. So two very different games. Spain started with both Villa and Torres up front against Russia, and that was key IMHO. Spain alway do well in groupstages of a big tournament but have never really reached their full potential in the knockout games. In Sweden we have a rather old team, but with that comes a lot of experience. Alexandersson will miss the game, with Stoor replacing him. I'm pleased with this change, as I had hoped to see Stoor get games in this tournament. A big loss for Sweden is Wilhelmsson, who (I hope) will be replaced with Sebastian Larsson but it's not unthinkable to see Elmander in this position as well. I cannot see Sweden getting a win today, as I see Spain as a team with too much quality and pace for Sweden to handle in the long run. Sweden will have to defend deep and be tight on the Spanish players and hope to put away any chance they could get in the game. But I think Spain will eventually break Sweden and grab a win by a goal or two. Score prediction: 0-2 Pick 1: Spain (-0.75 AH) - 1,85 @ Expekt (4/10)

Re: Sweden - Spain (Saturday) Ill be backing Spain here. Although struggling at the back in their first game (as did Sweden), they have a brilliant forward line and were mightily impressive going forward against Russia. They should be good enough again here.

Re: Sweden - Spain (Saturday) Sweden are the squads with highest chances of qualifying for the next stage and in spite of Greece being the European champions and Russia pretending to become the new force in European football. This was only confirmed on Tuesday when Spain ran over Russia, while Sweden broke Greek resistance in the second half. Spanish squad are calmly preparing for Sweden, it is possible that Aragones will field the same line-up as against Russia. Midfield will have additional responsibility, if they slow Swedish midfield down and stop them from passing the ball to Ibrahimovic, most of the job will be done. Under 2.5 goals:hope :cheers

Re: Sweden - Spain (Saturday) Swedens starting XI Andreas Isaksson – Fredrik Stoor, Olof Mellberg, Petter Hansson, Mikael Nilsson – Johan Elmander, Anders Svensson, Daniel Andersson, Fredrik Ljungberg – Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Henrik Larsson. Stoor in for Alexandersson as right back and Elmander in for Wilhelmsson as right winger

Re: Sweden - Spain (Saturday) Spain v Sweden I was not very impressed with the defensive performance of the Spaniards in their first match. Their attacking side took centre stage, hence no one bothered to look at their defensive frailties. They were obviously out runned by the Russians in the match and if not for lack of quality in the final pass, the scoreline would have been different. Having said that, sometimes offence is the best form of defence, and the Spaniards are traditionally very impressive in the group stages. The midfield are capable of dominating the Swedes tonight and I can see Torres scoring a couple tonight. Except for Henrik Larsson, the Swedes looked ordinary. There was nothing to suggest that they would even qualify from this group. The Greece & Sweden match was more of like watching a race between a VW Beatle and a Mini. I doubt they could repeat the 2-0 win over the Spaniards in qualifying but they could probably score an odd goal, similar to how the Russians did in the first match. So far, teams that have won their opening match have won their second match to more or less confirm qualification to the quarter finals (except for Czech, who lost to Portugal & Germany who lost to Croatia). So I am very sure that there will be a winner in the match tonight and Sweden would have to beat the Russians in order to qualify for the next round.

Re: Sweden - Spain (Saturday) Spain are least strongest in defence. Poor concentration levels let in Russia in the last game and that may cost them again, perhaps against the Swedes. However, Sweden are not in the best condition. For example, Larsson's best days are behind him and is getting older and so less able to play to his potential for a full game. Second is that there are minor doubts over the fitness of Ibrahimovic. Midfielders are poor when compared to what Spain have on their bench (Fabragas & Alonso). So Sweden's greatest assest is that they play as a unit. They work hard and know each other's game inside out. Spain, however, also work hard and are playing as a unit. Both sides are motivated and confidence is good. What's left is a difference in class and minor concerns over defence. Bet: Spain to win. 7/10 @ 1.65 Correct score: 2-1 & 3-1 1/10 @ 8/1 & 15/1

Re: Sweden - Spain (Saturday) Sweden will be happy with a draw here and I can see them stifling the game and keeping it tight whilst trying to hit Spain on the counter. The Spanish still don't look too hot at the back in my opinion and I just can't bring myself to back them here at 8/13 or around 4/7.

Re: Sweden - Spain (Saturday) Like Sloppy Joe - I can see Torres scoring after missing out against Russia. He played fine in that game and was correctly fav for golden boot for the tournament before it began I give him a better than 40% chance Hills 20pts@6/4 30 point profit :) Well done others on Torres

Re: Sweden - Spain (Saturday) Spain have been very inconsistent over the years, ok they had a good 4-1 win against the Russians, but they need to continue on and push to qualify immediately. I don't think they can afford to settle for a draw. I am expecting another high scoring game. Main Selection: Over 2.5goals Evens PP Interest Bets: Anytime Goalscorers - Villa & Torres both 13/10 & Mellberg 25/1 PP

Re: Sweden - Spain (Saturday) I might add that there is heavy speculation about the swedes resting Ibrahimovich today. Knowing that the last match against Russia will be the key for their further participation in the tourney... He has struggled with a knee injury until now and was totally exhausted after being subbed after 70 minutes of play against Greece. If he is rested Spain should have a much easier battle today.

Re: Sweden - Spain (Saturday) Does nobody give Sweden a prayer in here? I mean from the past we know that on any given day Spain are well capable of blowing up... And tbh I wudnt be shocked to see a sneaky sweden win...its unlikely but il be having small bet on sweden at 5/1 rather than lumping on spain :hope

Re: Sweden - Spain (Saturday)

Does nobody give Sweden a prayer in here? I mean from the past we know that on any given day Spain are well capable of blowing up... And tbh I wudnt be shocked to see a sneaky sweden win...its unlikely but il be having small bet on sweden at 5/1 rather than lumping on spain :hope
I am with you here .Swedish team are good enough / fit to give /cause Spain trouble and talented as well. No way i would take Spain at this price . Both teams won their 1st game .At this time we don't know who is better /stronger side.Value is on Sweden + 0,5 . Sweden + 0,5 goal. Posted 2 min after kick off. GL.

Re: Sweden - Spain (Saturday) What a boring second half! :wall Came close to France v Romania for the most dull action that I've seen in the Euros this summer! :zzz And again a last minute winner for Spain! At the moment though Spain don't look like potential winners but if they carry the luck from the last minute then maybe they don't have to look good but they will just get the results and get the trophy anyhows!

Re: Sweden - Spain (Saturday) I agree DJ, that was one boring game...especially the 2nd half as you say. I got the feeling that both teams were really happy to have the 1-1 and neither looked likely to score...untill Villa got the winner. Happy enough that my bet came in, well half winner anyway. But I would have hoped for a little more entertainment with Spain involved but they were sucked into Sweden's tempo. On another note, I liked what I saw of Stoor today. I pray that Lagerbäck won't draft Alexandersson back in when/if he gets fit. Stoor is a younger prospect, time too look forward Lagerbäck!