Croatia v Germany (Thursday)

Croatia v Germany (17:00BST) 6.00 3.40 1.83 100.62 % Soccer - Euro 2008 Germany - Croatia Pick: 1 Unit 1.83 @ Pinnacle 12 June 17:00 This game will be very important for these two teams, the winner will be very close to conquering first place of the group, that will allow him not to play with the first one of the Group A. Germany confirmed credentials in the first match of this Euro, where they demonstrate mobility of the offensive three composed by Podolski, Klose and Mario Gomez who confused the Polish defense, forcing it to commit it errors. That Germany is a great team, we already know, the doubt was to know if they would be well in this Euro, and the game with the Poland, where it was successful for 2-0, was important to finish with the doubts. At the other hand Croatia beat fragile Austria for 1-0 in the inaugural game of the group. Croatia entered in that match with a goal of Modric of penalty kick, then they pass the rest of the game in a conservative position.. Croatia demonstrate fragilities at physical and offensive level, if in the game with Germany they don't present physically better, hardly will obtain a good result in the game with powerfull and confident Germany that after the convincing victory with Poland are much more motivated. EDIT:Could you please contact Paul Ross for permission to post link to your site.

Re: Germany Vs Croatia (Thursday) It's Croatia - Germany, not Germany - Croatia. Anyway. Huge value on 1X(Croatia not to lose) on this one! I've played it right after the first round at Unibet at 2.08! There seem to be ones who might have gone to the overhype on croatian team after that english victory. And clearly there are those german lovers(there always are). The wildest of em even believe that Ballack is worth every penny he's getting icon_smile.gif If those were the issues I would go with Germany also. But the thing here IMHO is that croatians had a poor performance on their first game by their own standards and Bilic let em know that and demanded improvement. With no urgent pressure(3 pts already) I think were gonna see a totally different croatia tomorrow. Plus the history of playing great against big teams. The germans has the opposite. They got the opening win too easy. Poland didn't challenge em in any area. I know they know this when they prepare to the match, but these just seem to affect always everytime. So, my prediction is that the game will go something like this: Croatia will take 1-0 lead, and after that they are defending it strong(they practised in last match). The game will end 1-1 cause germany always gets it, or 2-0 after a german have moved all forward.

Re: Croatia v Germany (Thursday) Ill be backing Germany here as they are unbelievable value. They were impressive in beating Poland 2-0 and it could have been more but they got the job done. I noted Croatia as the bet of the tournament to beat Austria Sunday but they stumbled to a 1-0 success. They didnt look much of a side then and I dont see whats different now. Portugal have won group A so Germany will want to avoid being runners up in this group and facing them in the quarters. This means they will go all out for the win, and with so much attacking quality available to them, Germany should be able to pick up the win at a generous 5/6 (Hills) You with me Undertaker?

Re: Croatia v Germany (Thursday)

Ill be backing Germany here as they are unbelievable value. They were impressive in beating Poland 2-0 and it could have been more but they got the job done. I noted Croatia as the bet of the tournament to beat Austria Sunday but they stumbled to a 1-0 success. They didnt look much of a side then and I dont see whats different now. Portugal have won group A so Germany will want to avoid being runners up in this group and facing them in the quarters. This means they will go all out for the win, and with so much attacking quality available to them, Germany should be able to pick up the win at a generous 5/6 (Hills) You with me Undertaker?
lool i might be mate i might be :ok:ok i am in 2 minds becasue i have just seen with paddy power that holland win/draw with france is 4/5!!! thats very gd in my book seeing as holland made itlay look like dogs and france cant break a side down what u think mate ? :loon i do fancy germany but then again its a different match from the last one as u saw today with the cheq. there first game just about won but today was a big improvment even tho they lost lol. but yea 5/6 with paddy shouts out to me. :clap:clap

Re: Croatia v Germany (Thursday) Poland had a bad 35 mins against Germany(mainly because of a poor system), after that there wasn't much between them. Just like Czech today, the price on Croatia is completely wrong. There is no way in hell they are a 6.6 shot to beat the Germans. Croatia are a very dangerous team. I'll be on Croatia + .5 @ 2.24

Re: Croatia v Germany (Thursday) Croatia are massive value here at 9/2 I don't think there is much between the teams in all honesty and although Croatia need to improve on their opening performance, they should do now they have that first win under their belt. Germany are rightly favourites but I was thinking more in the region of 11/10 or such and maybe 2/1 for Croatia. 9/2 is massive and I'll be playing at that price.

Re: Croatia v Germany (Thursday) There is very good value on Croatia and we know that they are a classic counter attack side - probably the reason they struggled against Austria. They will pack their side with all their Bundesliga players, try to keep it tight and hit Germany on the break. However, I think the German defence is strong and they have too many match winners for me. The referee will need to have a good game;) Pick: Germany win:hope

Re: Croatia v Germany (Thursday) SportFootball (Internationals) EventGermany-Croatia SelectionGermany Strength10/10 D Date12/06/2008 Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.78 (Back) Reasoning Watching both this teams in first rounds i have a clear bet here and i will bet on Germany as they perfomed very well and they are very good consistent squad who with little bit of luck can go all they way till end here.Croatia played awful especially in second half against Austria who is really poor team but they caused them a lot of troubles and they didnt score only cause Austria has really poor offensive players and little bit of luck.I believe that Germany is better team here and that they will win this game and secure quarter finals.

Re: Croatia v Germany (Thursday) Group Stage Bet 6- Germany @ 1.78 8/10 It's been a punters tournament thus far and I'm hoping it continues that way today. Germany were comfortable in their 2-0 win over Poland and have a lot of firepower in Gomez, Klose, Podolski and Ballack. Croatia struggled and were outplayed for large spells of the match by the weak hosts Austria and while I don't expect them to play that badly again I just think they miss something without Eduardo and Germany can outscore them here. The Germans are pacy, strong and direct and while Croatia have some great talent in midfield I think the Germans can overrun them and have more firepower up front.

Ill be backing Germany here as they are unbelievable value. They were impressive in beating Poland 2-0 and it could have been more but they got the job done. I noted Croatia as the bet of the tournament to beat Austria Sunday but they stumbled to a 1-0 success. They didnt look much of a side then and I dont see whats different now. Portugal have won group A so Germany will want to avoid being runners up in this group and facing them in the quarters. This means they will go all out for the win, and with so much attacking quality available to them, Germany should be able to pick up the win at a generous 5/6 (Hills) You with me Undertaker?
i have taken germany to win at 4/5 with paddy power good luck all
You know it makes sense :ok
lool mate :clap well we are on the same bet again lets hope we get the same results as the others :ok:ok:ok

Re: Croatia v Germany (Thursday) Croatia Germany are huge favourites for this game whn you look at both teams performances in their first games. While Germany played well to dispose of Poland, Croatia struggled to beat Austria. However, the Germans may come into this game with overconfidence becaue of the expectation of victory while Croatia are a team that always plays well against the better team, and not so well as favourites. They will enjoy being typecast as the underdog and should improve quite a bit on their previous game. A number of their players play in the Bundesliga and will be familiar with the Germans. They have the players to defend well, and with Modric, Kranjcar and if he plays, Rakitic, the players in midfield to dominate this game. There is yet to be an upset in this tournament and the Croats are overpriced for one.

Re: Croatia v Germany (Thursday) Can't beleive Croatia are as big as 5/1! The Germans did not play that well in the game against Poland and didn't look that good in defence. Thought Modric and Kranjcar looked dangerous against Austria and can see them causing problems. Croatia's defence are a lot better than Poland's and can handle the 3 German forwards. Can see a tight game and fancy a draw.

Re: Croatia v Germany (Thursday) Think Croatia are the value here, as many have already said. Germany got away with a relativly easy win, and I think Croatia could suprise here. I am going with a few dollars on Croatia, cover on the Draw and 1-1 CS bet for a bit of fun. good luck all :hope

germany all the way croatia to score no goals at evens is good value, their two strikers dont look dangerous enough to give the germans a problem and modric has been struggling for fitness since the austria game..
:welcome to PL .... ! i am on germany aswell

Re: Croatia v Germany (Thursday) I can't see this match go any other way than the german. They looked really strong in the first match against Poland. I don't think Poland was that bad, but that Germany played really well. They have some excellent players like Podolski, Balack, Lahm and Klose (which i think will score tonight) but the rest of the team keeps a very high standard as well. Germany @ 1.72 at bet365

Group Stage Bet 6- Germany @ 1.78 8/10 It's been a punters tournament thus far and I'm hoping it continues that way today. Germany were comfortable in their 2-0 win over Poland and have a lot of firepower in Gomez, Klose, Podolski and Ballack. Croatia struggled and were outplayed for large spells of the match by the weak hosts Austria and while I don't expect them to play that badly again I just think they miss something without Eduardo and Germany can outscore them here. The Germans are pacy, strong and direct and while Croatia have some great talent in midfield I think the Germans can overrun them and have more firepower up front.
Have had a small cover on CS 1-1. A little bit worried about the draw as Croatia will play better than on Sunday and although Germany were impressive Croatia will make life tougher than the Poles. Still sticking with my original instinct on a German win but see this as the most likely score if they don't. 1-1 @ 7.8 0.5/10

Re: Croatia v Germany (Thursday) I don't see Germans pushing too hard for the win .There is no need to risk it all on Croatia. Croatia are not a shmaks them selfs very well organized team. I am sure when German coach speaks to his team he is not gonna forget to mention team England . And tell them that Croats played for nothing in that game. Some teams have tendency to rise for the occasion . I do believe that German side are more worried about this game then Croatia. I see this game as a low scoring . My prediction 0:0 . Total goals UNDER 1.5 goals @3.0 bet365 for $200 Croatia + 0,5 @ 2.26 betfair for $ 200 GL .

Re: Croatia v Germany (Thursday) Whoever wins this match avoids playing Portugal in the next round. I think that is motivation enough for both teams to want to take the win here. I'm sure they would rather play the Czech Republic or Turkey in the next round instead. I think there will likely be a few goals and I'm going to back Over 1.5 goals at odds of about 1.45... I think.... although maybe it would be better odds laying under 1.5 goals.:unsure

Re: Croatia v Germany (Thursday) In this game I can see the result going either way, we have Germany whom in the first game albeit they looked comfortable were never really that impressive, however they got the job done. In Croatia I was disappointed, I felt going into the tournament they had an outside chance of winning the thing, maybe they were relaxed as they were facing the co host minnows of Austria.? I dunno....however I think we will see a different Croatia side this evening. As I said I can see it going either way however I think the value bet has to be on Croatia while covering myself with the draw. GL ALL

Re: Croatia v Germany (Thursday) Croatia boss has spotted a problem on the left wing; actually Pranjic had difficulties with Harnik so moving experienced Simunic to the left wing was a logical solution. If he sticks to this decision, Bilic will have to change certain things in central defense as well, which can be dangerous. Most of the Croatian internationals play in Bundesliga; some of them are even born in Germany, like Kovac brothers. The players know each other very well so there are no secrets or much space to surprise their Thursday rivals. Croatia don’t have much choice, they will try with a flexible formation, 4-5-1 to confront Elf, Olic will again be the only striker but this time with a different task. Exerting pressure on the opposite half of the pitch is not an option, Croatia will now be the ones to wait the rivals on their half. The paradox is that this match should be easier for them than the duel against Austria. Qualifiers, that is to say duels against England were the best recipe. If somewhat slow German defense leave space to the offensive midfielders, first of all, Modric, Croatia will stand some chance, because they traditionally play good against Germany.

Re: Croatia v Germany (Thursday) Tradition: TOTAL OF 7 GAMES – 5 Germany wins, 1 draw, 1 Croatia win 3 GAMES IN CROATIA – 1 draw, 2 Croatia wins 1 GAME IN GERMANY – 1 Germany win 3 GAMES ON NEUTRAL GROUND – 1 Croatia win, 2 Germany wins EURO 1996 – Germany vs. Croatia 2:1 :cheers