call or fold?

ubermonkey1

call or fold?  

1. 1.

this hand is from the $100,000 on stars. as most of you know this is usually a highly aggressive game ,my opponent in the hand had been very aggressive post flop from position and to that point hadn't shown down at all ,he had been pushed off a few himself. i had been fairly loose aggressive myself but nowhere near as much as the opponent,to this point we hadn't crossed paths. PokerStars Game #18004420401: Tournament #90369479, $10+$1 Hold'em No Limit - Level III (25/50) - 2008/06/08 - 15:59:11 (ET) Table '90369479 478' 9-max Seat #1 is the button Seat 1: PAPAI (3745 in chips) Seat 2: hanzie (3070 in chips) Seat 3: SKSinMIA (2285 in chips) Seat 4: DeJor (2765 in chips) Seat 5: uberpl (3505 in chips) Seat 6: swerve77 (2745 in chips) Seat 7: PureCash25 (5620 in chips) Seat 8: skygood1 (6220 in chips) Seat 9: rsaver (3360 in chips) hanzie: posts small blind 25 SKSinMIA: posts big blind 50 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to uberpl [Qc As] DeJor: folds uberpl: raises 100 to 150 swerve77: folds PureCash25: folds skygood1: folds rsaver: calls 150 PAPAI: folds hanzie: folds SKSinMIA: folds *** FLOP *** [8c Qh 4s] uberpl: checks rsaver: bets 250 uberpl: raises 350 to 600 rsaver: raises 2610 to 3210 and is all-in maybe the raise from early with aq is it bit rough:unsure but due to the structure of this you really need to keep picking up chips you cant hang about to much. now your in the position what do you do? call or fold (and why)

Re: call or fold? Call for me - he'd make the same move with KQ, QJ, or even Q10. Mind you, AQo was the hand that did for me tonight, so I'm not the best judge. Also, you were out in 15,498 position, so this story has got a BAAAAAAAD ending :puke

Re: call or fold? I get the feeling he's making some weird ambitious play with TT or something that isn't a set or Q, big kicker. See it all the time on Stars - people who think they're on TV, looking to make hollywood plays all the time, thinks your check-raise is some sort of triple bluff or whatever and is making an amazing play over betting to get you to fold. Either that or 88 ;). I call and go bust i think :ok

Re: call or fold? I fold. I simply hated your raise with AQ in the first place, you're still early in the game and have dreadful position. You asked the question with your check raise and got a very definetive answer. fold it, I think your facing KK

Re: call or fold?

Wouldnt you have expected KK to usually reraise pre flop?
Yes, but my read based on his flop bet is he's trying to hide it. He's got a very high pocket pair and seen 4 people fold before him, he wants action. Uber checks on the flop, so the guy pops out a 250 bet, that looks like a weak pot steal. He's saying call me. So Uber raises, this guy is delighted and pushes. He's in no way scared out the board. I stand by my read AA / KK

Re: call or fold? i think im calling most times probably 7/10tiimes.. but i got a feeling your gonna tell us he made a set on the flop. possibly he had pocket qs .. im only saying that cos i had a very similar hand on stars the other day. i had ak vs kk and flop came k73 i had raised preflop 3.5times the bb and he had only called so i could only really see pocket 7sor3s beating me.. just hope your not gonna tell us he had 84.. but it wouldnt surprise me

Re: call or fold?

In the seconds you have to decide and the timer is ticking I would call based on your info about him being a post flop aggressor. Bad Beat?
that was definately one of the reasons i called:ok also as i said and others have mentioned, its one of those tourneys that is generally loose by nature. because its loose by nature after 45 minutes i had come to the conclusion that 6 of the 9 players on my table were raving idiots(including me:lol)the other 3 were asleep or very tight(probably not helped by us idiots;)). my new pt software was saying the same thing, so my brain went into i'm calling with top pair whatever mode:(that was my first mistake. my second mistake was to not read more into his play:( he hadn't shown down a hand in the 35 minutes i had been on the table ,which is pretty good going for someone getting to about a third of the flops. he was very aggressive in late position but threw hands away if reraised etc. which is the sort of thing i was doing as well ,which he no doubt noticed;) this was the first hand i had played from early position, so i would guess he had me on a legit hand of some sort. from there he played his hand the same way i do sometimes ,which is what made me angry i didn't work out what he had :@ Dealt to uberpl [Qc As] DeJor: folds uberpl: raises 100 to 150 swerve77: folds PureCash25: folds skygood1: folds rsaver: calls 150 PAPAI: folds hanzie: folds SKSinMIA: folds *** FLOP *** [8c Qh 4s] uberpl: checks rsaver: bets 250 uberpl: raises 350 to 600 rsaver: raises 2610 to 3210 and is all-in uberpl: calls 2610 *** TURN *** [8c Qh 4s] [7d] *** RIVER *** [8c Qh 4s 7d] [Ac] *** SHOW DOWN *** uberpl: shows [Qc As] (two pair, Aces and Queens) rsaver: shows [Ah Ad] (three of a kind, Aces) rsaver collected 6795 from pot *** SUMMARY *** Total pot 6795 | Rake 0 Board [8c Qh 4s 7d Ac] Seat 1: PAPAI (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 2: hanzie (small blind) folded before Flop Seat 3: SKSinMIA (big blind) folded before Flop Seat 4: DeJor folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 5: uberpl showed [Qc As] and lost with two pair, Aces and Queens Seat 6: swerve77 folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 7: PureCash25 folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 8: skygood1 folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 9: rsaver showed [Ah Ad] and won (6795) with three of a kind, Aces so aj got it pretty much spot on:ok i let a lot of things that should have steered me towards the correct answer sway me the opposite way:sad mainly because i had gone into the wrong mindset and thought everyone was at it all the time, so i let that overule my gut instincts which did tell me to fold :spank