Germany v Poland (Sunday)

Re: Germany v Poland (Sunday) I'm leaving for Klagenfurt tomorrow, early morning, so might as well kick off in this thread to provide you some entertainment. About 2 months ago (which was before all the Euro hype took place) I had a dream involving this particular game. Poland was leading against Germany 2-0 ... one of the goals was scored by Zurawski , the other one was a penalty. Or was it Zurawski himself who scored the penalty? I woke up before the game ended ... It was so clear cut that I woke up shaking lol anyway, just to have some interest in this I backed Poland CS 2-0 @60 0.5 point. I'll lay it off in-play if there's a chance to do so :) :notworthy

Re: Germany v Poland (Sunday) Germany - Poland under 2.5 Their is no love lost between these two neighbours and should be a close affair. While Germany are obvious favourites especially with their very good record agaisnt the Poles, the Poles did top the qualifying group ahead of Portugal and should not be underestimated. The last time these two teams met was in the World Cup in 2006 where it took a 91st-minute goal from substitute Oliver Neuville to seal a 1-0 victory. With the rivalry between the two sides, look to Poland to take it to them but still ensuring they are tight at the back as the Germans do have a good strikeforce in KLose and Podolski. There is alot of expectations that this will be an easy German win but I wouldn't be surprised if this ends in a draw so the under is a safer bet

Re: Germany v Poland (Sunday) I agree about this being a tight match so the 11/2 for the 1-0 sounds good. I cant see many matches being high scoring affairs like we seen yesterday. I'd fully expect Germany to reach the semis at least so its 1-0 for me. 1-0 @ 11/2 (gen)

Re: Germany v Poland (Sunday) I've gone for 2-0 for this. A poster on another thread kindly reminded me that Poland had run Germany close (0-1) when these two sides last clashed, after I suggested Klose would be a good bet for top scorer in a group containing Poland/Austria. However, I still can't see past a Germany win here. Backing the Germany clean sheet at evens (888 sport) may be a good bet, but I'm looking forward to seeing Gomez, a player I know nothing about but has an awesome strike rate for country. Sounds like Loew may deploy Podolski out on the left, so with him, Ballack, Schweinsteiger, Klose and Gomez all in one side, Artur Boruc could be one busy man as they're looks to be plenty of goals in that team. Sticking with 2-0 Germany. :hope

Re: Germany v Poland (Sunday) I've gone for Ballack at 8/1 first and last scorer. Ballack takes free kicks and penalties for Germany as well as having great timing of making late into the penalty box to get on the end of crosses from Schweinsteiger, or the attacking full backs Lahm (who i believe now plays right back) and Jansen. Ballack is fantastic in the air so will be a danger from corners or if there are free kicks further out, Ballack will look to get on the end of them. I expect a tight game, but expect Germany to nick it 1-0 or 2-0. Poland would take a draw beforehand, whereas Germany will be going all out for a win so i feel a goal from a set piece could break the deadlock.

Re: Germany v Poland (Sunday) Do you remember this guy's dream in the final of Euro 2004? Greece leading in 70' minute? Well, Im a big sucker for dreams and I have some money to lose :lol. So against all odds: Poland to score 1st @4 2pts Poland @8.4 2pts (to lay if they score) Poland/draw @21 1pt Poland/Germany @26 1pt Zurawski 1st @12 2pts :gimme

Re: Germany v Poland (Sunday)

I agree about this being a tight match so the 11/2 for the 1-0 sounds good. I cant see many matches being high scoring affairs like we seen yesterday. I'd fully expect Germany to reach the semis at least so its 1-0 for me. 1-0 @ 11/2 (gen)
High Scoring affairs? 2.0 and 1.0 surely cannot be classed as that :rollin Germany to win 3.0 - 10/1 Ballack 1st Scorer. :ok 13/2 Both with Stan James

Re: Germany v Poland (Sunday) Bets so far. Czech Republic 5pts @ 9/5 Bet365. Croatia 5pts @ 5/6 Bet365 (still to play) Stakes 5pts. Returns 14pts. Profit/Loss +9pts. Germany v Poland Two years ago the Poles took Germany right to the wire in the World Cup before losing to a last minute goal by Neuville. The Poles will be up for this & the coach Beenhakker is a wily old bird who did well with Trinidad & Tobago at the last World Cup, holding England till very late on. Artur Boruc had a blinder in that game two years ago & is the sort of keeper who can do that again. Might be streching it a bit for Poland to win but they can certainly get a draw here. Bet. Germany v Poland 5pts @ 31/10 to draw Skybet. Rio.

Re: b8989ke @ Germany vs. Poland

The Pick : Germany Correct Score : 2-0 FIXED ODDS BETTING : Germany win HANDICAP BETTING : Germany -1 Asian Handicap

:gimme :gimme :gimme :gimme :gimme

and the award for the best reasoning goes too...................:drums

Re: Germany v Poland (Sunday) I remember Zurawski with Celtic, he became a shambles and if that is Polands main hope of goals I really fear for them. I had an 8/1 double on Croatia and Germany both to win to nil so 1 more to go. I think Germany will win comfortably 2-0 or maybe even 3 at a push.

Re: Germany v Poland (Sunday) Over 2.5 @ 1.90and few small bets for fun, i hope and thunk we will see some goals Score At Any Time Miroslav Klose @ 2.10 Kevin Kuranyi @ 2.75 Mario Gomez @ 2.75 Lukas Podolski @ 3.00 Michael Ballack @ 3.40

Re: Germany v Poland (Sunday) Had a £1.00 First Scorer double today Modric scored 10/1 :nana Waiting on Ballack vs Germany :hope 13/2 Pays £80 odd ;) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx For Germany v Poland Germany 3-1 Poland £5 Correct score 11/1 Draw Halftime..... Germany Fulltime 3/1 £10.00 and just a little £1 Ballack first scorer and 2-1 Germany pays 35/1 Good luck - enjoy the game

Re: Germany v Poland (Sunday) Both teams are complete. Here are probable line ups : Germany ( 4 - 4 - 2 ) Lehmann Lahm, Mertesacker, Metzelder, Jansen Schweinsteiger, Frings, Ballack, Podolski Klose, Gomez Poland ( 4 - 4 - 1 - 1 ) Boruc Wasilewski, Bak, Jop, Zewlakow Lobodzinski, Lewandowski, Dudka, Krzynowek Smolarek Zurawski I expect easy win for Germany even they weren’t brilliant in the friendlies. Germany were clearly saving themselves for the opening, to win is an imperative, since it would enable them to distribute their strength equally and play relaxed in the next match. Their advantage over the French and Italy is a much easier group and if they save their energy it is not impossible to see them reach the finish without much work. Poland are out of form, they have many problems with the organization. On the other side, Germany are not Switzerland or England, it is a team with great self-confidence and experience which can play pretty good in various formations and adjust to any rivals. Germany to win.:hope :cheers

Re: Germany v Poland (Sunday) 2-0, get in there! :nana The 25/1 on offer for Podolski top scorer pre-tournament is starting to look good value now - into 11/4! Shame about Klose - should have had two himself, but nevermind. Germany looked strong going forward, bodes well for the outright bet.

2-0, get in there! :nana The 25/1 on offer for Podolski top scorer pre-tournament is starting to look good value now - into 11/4! Shame about Klose - should have had two himself, but nevermind. Germany looked strong going forward, bodes well for the outright bet.
Don't worry about Klose getting two Podolski should have had 4.... at least a hat trick really... those betting on a hat trick in the tourney should feel hard done by... as for his odds... recently a day or two ago he was out to 34 on TAB... :eek

Re: Germany v Poland (Sunday) Happy with that. A good solid win for The Germans but I wouldn't get carried away just yet, The Poles are a very poor side. On todays performance you would have to say Austria could well be value to beat Poland once the two sides meet.

Happy with that. A good solid win for The Germans but I wouldn't get carried away just yet, The Poles are a very poor side. On todays performance you would have to say Austria could well be value to beat Poland once the two sides meet.
Thinking something similar myself.... would be a tight one either way... AH option im sure will tempt...

Re: Germany v Poland (Sunday) 21pt profit on goals under :clap I have won in all 4 games to date, runnng total approx 76pts up, I noticed a few other members are up well done - as games are generally going to plan. 2 familar names are in top 100 in VCBet comp too - HappyHammer and BlackFritz. I got 2 of the 4 scores correct to date and would have had 3 if Portugal had not scored in the last minute. My nickname is Xander.