** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Best Bet Of The Day - 05.26.08

Redcar 3:50 First Buddy It appears his hurdling experience has made his turf skills improve. Since running a NH race he has a form of 2-1-1 - wins came by 8 and 6 lengths. Previous form on the flat before getting into NH races is 8-2-2-1-9-4-3-8 - win came on Good to Firm going. Trainer G A Sinbank is top the win list from all trainer in this race with 19 (from96) for a profit of 9.93 at level stakes. 14/55 (25% strike rate) with runners aged 4yo+. Swinbank had a runner in this race last year and finished 2nd of 12 by a neck as a 20-1 shot. 5pts ew @ SP

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - 05.26.08 520 Cartmel : Micheals Dream EW Cartmel can throw up some funny results and time and time again horses who are suited to this unusual track will come back and improve on their recent form. This race is a 3m 2f hurdle with a lot of moderate horses involved, Sharkeys Dream is the fav but I wouldnt want to be taking a short price about that one. Micheals Dream is a horse that loves Cartmel, likes to be handy although Dunbrody Millar will lead I suspect, the ground will be fine and his recent form is not that bad, has dropped down the ratings quite a bit and in fact wouldnt have been eligable for this 0-110 h'cap around xmas time as he was rated higher than that. Now runs off just 100 so if he's going to come back to form then this is the place he will do it. Around 12/1 at the moment and worth taking a chance with.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - 05.26.08 61251.gifCoole Dodger (E/W) - 3.30 Chepstow Was initially goign to lay the favourite, Master of Arts as my BBOTD but, have decided to take a punt on the topweight, Coole Dodger. A 50/1 winner LTO on GS ground, can play a part here with more rain due to come down. The RP reported after his last run "He would look a good thing to defy a penalty on this effort" ,whilst he hasn't got a penalty he has gone up 7lb to a career high mark and can hopefully be there or thereabouts. Currently at 8/1 which is a decent price in my very humble opinion.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - 05.26.08 4.05 Chepstow. Oceana Blue. Lay (Racing Post SP 4/1). 4/1 would be far too short for her, irrespective of the end result. She now tries turf for the first time, and with being weighted up to her aw best, she certainly needs to prove herself on turf. Breeding suggests that any rain 'might' cause a problem for her, so with plenty of rain about that raises doubts, and mix that with the trip being on the sharp side, she's really going to need to adapt well this afternoon. Several others appear better weighted coming into the race, so all in all the 4/1 would look far too short and therefore she has to be opposed. If she wins, then I'll be the first to say well done...or maybe the second..

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - 05.26.08 3.50 Redcar - Docofthebay EW Best race on the card is the Zetland Cup over 1m 2f Key trends are: 4-6yo's = 10/10 9st + = 8/10 (last 8 have won) SP 14/1 & under = 10/10 1-5 runs = 9/10 5th or better LTO = 8/10 This leaves me with 4 against the field Smart instinct 6/1 First buddy 7/1 re Barolo 12/1 Docofthebay 9/1 best prices above. I followed Docofthebay last season & this horse likes to come off a fast pace like it did a few times last year. Will get that today so favouring Docofthebay of these 4.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - 05.26.08 3.50 Redcar JEWELLED DAGGER E/W My first post on here for about a year, go easy on me ;) I fancy a wee e/w punt on this one. Very consistent and profitable to follow, now on just about as high a BHB mark as it'll take (90), second off same mark over 8f lto. Stable slight concerns about too many runs lately but taking their chance for decent prize money. I'm on.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - 05.26.08 2.25 Cartmel: Cybora Best effort to date for Ferdy Murphy came over 2m4f chase at Carlisle in February this year (from mark of 100). Since then has been run over what appears unsuitable journeys (2m1 too short; 3m & 3m1 too far), therefore return to a shorter trip today (2m6f) could show improvement from a mark of 89. Ground should pose no problem and best chance of a Ferdy Murphy winner today from his 2 on the card. WIN :hope

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - 05.26.08 Leicester 4.20 Syrup E/W Trying my new system here fo the first time live..:lol Currently 10-1 with ladbrokes. 25% place rate. Form is 3,5,2,8 last raced 18th may 08 where it finished 8th. P.D Evans is a good trainer.Jockey aint bad either. No body seems to rate his horse but my "System":lol says it looks good. Dont know till you try so im putting my money where my mouth is and going with this one. I predict:- (or my system does :lol) 1st Sub Prime 2nd Syrup :hope

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - 05.26.08 Hey first post! 4:35 HANDICAP 1m 3f 107y Carlisle La Vecchia Scuola Just having a punt with this one, think it out classes the others but we will have to see, advisably no one follow me ha! Thanks btw to everyone ive won a small profit from your great tips!

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - 05.26.08 3.50 Redcar Re Barolo e/w trainer trying to hide the class of this horse by sending it abroad to win has won over distance and going left handed runs better on a sound surface trainer says, a good jockey has a good RPR likes to be handy and a good price i will be cheering it home GM

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - 05.26.08 3:25 Carlisle Motafarred To Win Last 7 races on 7f 200y have been 3 wins and 3 places! Its last race was won! No other horse seems to be able to compete with this one! So Fingers crossed! :hope

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - 05.26.08 DENISE'S DIP 2.25 Cartmel. 0.5 points ew. Allowed to race off the same mark as last time, and with this course probably suiting him better and no trip and ground concerns (will appreciate the rain), there's no reason why he cannot go well and go close at a decent price.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - 05.26.08

Hey first post! 4:35 HANDICAP 1m 3f 107y Carlisle La Vecchia Scuola Just having a punt with this one, think it out classes the others but we will have to see, advisably no one follow me ha! Thanks btw to everyone ive won a small profit from your great tips!
3:25 Carlisle Motafarred To Win Last 7 races on 7f 200y have been 3 wins and 3 places! Its last race was won! No other horse seems to be able to compete with this one! So Fingers crossed! :hope
Only one tip allowed, first one will count unless you advise otherwise.

2.25 Cartmel: Cybora Best effort to date for Ferdy Murphy came over 2m4f chase at Carlisle in February this year (from mark of 100). Since then has been run over what appears unsuitable journeys (2m1 too short; 3m & 3m1 too far), therefore return to a shorter trip today (2m6f) could show improvement from a mark of 89. Ground should pose no problem and best chance of a Ferdy Murphy winner today from his 2 on the card. WIN :hope
:clap

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - 05.26.08 5.10 Carlisle - Lambency I waited deliberately for the 2.50 race and the winner came from stall 1 and the 3rd from stall 4, so I ignore all the reports that high numbers have advantage here. It is probably true, but the way my selection came in 2nd at Newcastle from such an unfavorable draw makes me think he can do one better today. Ran an absolute cracker that day and just failed. Raised only 1lb in the weights, trainer is in cracking form and jockey takes 5lbs off. At 13/2 Lambency is definitely worth a punt.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - 05.26.08 leicester 4.55 Flashy Photon took note of this horse when winnings its maiden and can bounce back to that form to take this contest. forgive run lto was not ready for that and has been working hard in training to run well. .5 ew :hope

4.05 Chepstow. Oceana Blue. Lay (Racing Post SP 4/1). 4/1 would be far too short for her, irrespective of the end result. She now tries turf for the first time, and with being weighted up to her aw best, she certainly needs to prove herself on turf. Breeding suggests that any rain 'might' cause a problem for her, so with plenty of rain about that raises doubts, and mix that with the trip being on the sharp side, she's really going to need to adapt well this afternoon. Several others appear better weighted coming into the race, so all in all the 4/1 would look far too short and therefore she has to be opposed. If she wins, then I'll be the first to say well done...or maybe the second..
Oh fcuking hell mate. :sad Feel :pukefor you. Won at 10/1. :eek:$:$:$

4.05 Chepstow. Oceana Blue. Lay (Racing Post SP 4/1). 4/1 would be far too short for her, irrespective of the end result. She now tries turf for the first time, and with being weighted up to her aw best, she certainly needs to prove herself on turf. Breeding suggests that any rain 'might' cause a problem for her, so with plenty of rain about that raises doubts, and mix that with the trip being on the sharp side, she's really going to need to adapt well this afternoon. Several others appear better weighted coming into the race, so all in all the 4/1 would look far too short and therefore she has to be opposed. If she wins, then I'll be the first to say well done...or maybe the second..
OOOpppsss;) Adapt she did...Glad it went thiswy coz i backed it..lol Good try mate

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - 05.26.08 5-10 Carlisle - Kings College Boy - each way Old campaigner having his 98th race today. Won last August off a mark of 63. Gradually slipped down the handicap and now on his lowest ever mark of 56. Currently 8.4 on Betfair . backed down for a few quid from a high of 12 last night. Early days in the Betfair place market but there has been more cash placed on this than the first two in the betting. From the gambling Fahey yard, and if more money appears before 5 'o' clock it will be a good sign. Good luck to all :ok

Ulucky mate :sad Happened to me at Huntingdon a while ago. Layed a 3/1 shot that had NEVER run well on the soft, it drifted to 8/1...and pissed it.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - 05.26.08 4.40 Chepstow Karmest was impressive LTO and the 2nd, who re-opposses her, won NTO. 8lb higher but has improved since blinkers have been applied. Will like the going where his rivals at the head of the market may not. Karmest has to content with a 5lb pull from Stringofmyheart but will have no problem with the longer trip and I'm not 100% sure the latter will like the ground - there is no evidence of that yet. He raced wide on GS in this race, perhaps looking for better ground? Guessing there. Friends Hope's best form is on a sound surface and looked to have a hard ride yesterday - was very tired inside the last. How else could Emily Jones get a horse up? Karmest is the most logical bet here.

4.40 Chepstow Karmest was impressive LTO and the 2nd, who re-opposses her, won NTO. 8lb higher but has improved since blinkers have been applied. Will like the going where his rivals at the head of the market may not. Karmest has to content with a 5lb pull from Stringofmyheart but will have no problem with the longer trip and I'm not 100% sure the latter will like the ground - there is no evidence of that yet. He raced wide on GS in this race, perhaps looking for better ground? Guessing there. Friends Hope's best form is on a sound surface and looked to have a hard ride yesterday - was very tired inside the last. How else could Emily Jones get a horse up? Karmest is the most logical bet here.
Shocking :$

OOOpppsss;) Adapt she did...Glad it went thiswy coz i backed it..lol Good try mate
One thing we dont do here is enjoy other members misfortune, please keep comments like that to yourself in future. How many have ridiculed your losing bets in this thread? BH

That's a stupid thing to say and you really have a history now. Please watch your language, cos I promise I'll be the first who'll ban you. Your input is appreciated and new members are always welcome here, but if they show us they are prikcs, then they are not welcome at all. Hope you continue with your reasonings and tips and try to contribute in a good manner :ok Sorry for the language of course :moon

One thing we dont do here is enjoy other members misfortune, please keep comments like that to yourself in future. How many have ridiculed your losing bets in this thread? BH
It was not meant like that mate.:sad Hence "Good try mate".Could have gone the other way. Im stopping there before i get wrong again.:sad
That's a stupid thing to say and you really have a history now. Please watch your language, cos I promise I'll be the first who'll ban you. Your input is appreciated and new members are always welcome here, but if they show us they are prikcs, then they are not welcome at all. Hope you continue with your reasonings and tips and try to contribute in a good manner :ok Sorry for the language of course :moon
ok will take that on board :ok

5-10 Carlisle - Kings College Boy - each way Old campaigner having his 98th race today. Won last August off a mark of 63. Gradually slipped down the handicap and now on his lowest ever mark of 56. Currently 8.4 on Betfair . backed down for a few quid from a high of 12 last night. Early days in the Betfair place market but there has been more cash placed on this than the first two in the betting. From the gambling Fahey yard, and if more money appears before 5 'o' clock it will be a good sign. Good luck to all :ok
Cas my old man has been following this horse for ages costing him a fortune. I think he does have a win in him though and it can't be far away.