Best Bet of the Day - Monday 19th May

2.40 Mussleburgh Talon - E/W Not had a profit since the winner so can hopefully get back on track today ... The selection has been creeping down in the weights and is now hopefully at a mark where he can score. Drawn 9/10 which is no inconvinience. Should strip fitter than some of its main rivals and the trainer and jockey have a fine record here and can hopefully be there or thereabouts. :hope

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Monday 19th May 3.50 Newton Abbot: Bold Fire Poor start to year being pulled up over 2m5f at Cheltenham but run with greater promise last time out over C&D when finishing 6th on ground that would have been plenty quick enough. Back down to last winning mark (won comfortably late 06 at Wincanton) and on the back of that improved effort LTO, every chance of making the frame on this more suitable surface at tasty odds (currently 9/1). Hope Nicholls can help keep my winning run going with 2 from 2 in as many days!! :ok 0.5pts e/w :hope

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Monday 19th May 2.0 BATH - RIVER RYE Won last time out easily enough. its 1st run has worked out well. Hannon/hughes combo pays at this track. Only one to beat is the fav but i think this should do it...

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Monday 19th May Ok here goes..... Newton Abbott 4.50pm WADE FARM BILLY E/w My reason for picking this horse is:- 1.) Its won in the last 28 days 2.) Came 3rd at plumpton when conditions were Heavy as they are today. 3.) At 5-1 its worth an E/W bet. 4.) It looks better using form against the others in race. 5.) The two that ladbrokes say (c'monthehammers & peter slip) do not look like they can win this. The first hasnt raced on these conditions and the other is first time out (i think). Anyway i hope this looks better and makes out i know what im on about (Just for BILLYHILLS ;)) :hope

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Monday 19th May 3.30 Bath Willhewiz - 0.5 ew LTO over 7f was pushing the boundaries, possibly to lower its mark slightly, has dropped down the weights and has a mark almost as low as ever. Seems to be a horse to back in May/June, hoping to catch it, now its had a bit of sun on its back. Ran well at bath last year and back here off a lower mark now. Should grab a place hopefully. Or all the above could be codswallop!! :hope

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Monday 19th May 220 Newton Abbot : Ofarel D'Airy 1pt win Scoured the form for something of value but nothing at all takes my fancy so will go with the Nicholl's fav in the first at NAbbot. Stands out by a mile on form, goes on the ground, gets the trip and the only danger appears to be the McCoy horse which has some improvement i'm sure but would be surprised if its good enough under todays conditions. Around 4/9 at the moment, very short but at the end of the day a 40p profit equates to the same as a 9/1 placed horse, and there not easy to find.

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Monday 19th May

Ok here goes..... Newton Abbott 4.50pm WADE FARM BILLY E/w My reason for picking this horse is:- 1.) Its won in the last 28 days 2.) Came 3rd at plumpton when conditions were Heavy as they are today. 3.) At 5-1 its worth an E/W bet. 4.) It looks better using form against the others in race. 5.) The two that ladbrokes say (c'monthehammers & peter slip) do not look like they can win this. The first hasnt raced on these conditions and the other is first time out (i think). Anyway i hope this looks better and makes out i know what im on about (Just for BILLYHILLS ;)) :hope
Very impressive;)

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Monday 19th May 3.30 Bath. Prince Of Delphi. Lay. Racing Post Fc 4/1. Already proved to be a bit of a thinker, and so with that and with personally feeling the track will not suit him, he'd be a lay much more than a play in what looks a competitive handicap.

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Monday 19th May 2.20 Newton Abbot - Cornish Flame E/W I think this one can benefit from this further trip. The 2m3f lto was too short and he was staying on late. Managed a place that day and looks to be running a 2nd string here behind the Nicholls hot pot, but I have a gut feeling Ofarel D'Airy might struggle. I'll try an e/w bet to nothing with these 8 runners. Trainer had some winners lately and we can see improvement on this ground and over this trip.

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Monday 19th May LAISH YA HAJAR 4.00 Bath. 0.5 points each way. Returns to turf today off a mark of 64, and that would be nice and low compared to his best form. Likes the fastish ground and the trip, so a return to form can see him go close at big odds.

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Monday 19th May 16.40 - musselburgh YORKSHIRE BLUE This horse is definetly over priced today at around 8/1. Off a mark of 67 can definetly take full advantage of this low mark and last time it was down this low it won 2 on the bounce. should go well. .5 e/w :hope

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Monday 19th May my best bet of the day would be sasso 320 newt abb. 0.5 pts ew. dodgy jumper and bit of headcase, but has the ability to go well under mccoy off a nice mark of 110 which would be 5lb lower than last time. likes ground and should not be far away.

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Monday 19th May 3.10 Funfair Wane This horse has been well backed since Dandy Nicholls withdrew his other horse and this looks a great chance for this animal to get back to winning ways. He has been running really consistently over todays trip in a variety of races and due to this his handicap rating has risen recently. Despite that, though, he ran well in a decent handicap at Catterick last time out. Today he drops back to claiming level, but he is back on turf and that should see him improve on his last run in this company. Trainer is a bonus and has to be todays NAP @ 13/8

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Monday 19th May 7-10 Windsor - Dressed To Dance - each way She came back to form last week off at 25/1 (not that I backer her) Won off a 10 pound higher mark 15 months ago. On official ratings has it all to do against Savilles Delight at the weights, but I think she's solid each way material at top odds of 7/1 with Bet365. Betfair punters can get 7.8 at the moment but the book is 112% and it will probably go to over 8.6 this afternoon. It's 2.64 for a place. While 365s odds are better for the win, the place odds of 2.64 beat 7/5 hands down. You could always put in 2.72 or over and hope to get matched. Someobody is asking for 2.88 so there's a gap between back and lay that will close one way or the other by race time. Good luck to all :ok

3.10 Funfair Wane This horse has been well backed since Dandy Nicholls withdrew his other horse and this looks a great chance for this animal to get back to winning ways. He has been running really consistently over todays trip in a variety of races and due to this his handicap rating has risen recently. Despite that, though, he ran well in a decent handicap at Catterick last time out. Today he drops back to claiming level, but he is back on turf and that should see him improve on his last run in this company. Trainer is a bonus and has to be todays NAP @ 13/8
Garbage again Im afraid :sad

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Monday 19th May 20:10 Windsor RUSSIAN EMPRESS Wouldnt normally do this but i thought id be bold today and have a bounce on this Maiden Fillies' Stakes at windsor tonight. Sir Michael Stoute has captured this prize 3 times in the past 9 years and RUSSIAN EMPRESS, a sister to the top-class Russian Rhythm, who won the 1,000 Guineas among other prestigious races for Stoute, is a most interesting newcomer. Currently trading at around 5/1

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Monday 19th May ALWAYS CERTAIN 7.50 WOLVERHAMPTON(1.0 WIN)...The selection has not yet lived up to expectation...Twice sent off at long odds on earlier this year only to disappoint(seems ungenuine).Top on official ratings in this race tonight and a slight ease in weight MIGHT see this animal perform...BUT WITH MY RECORD AT PRESENT IT'LL PROBABLY TRAIL IN LAST!!!:lol:lol

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Monday 19th May 7.10 Windsor Saville's Delight has ran well all year, but his runs since the turf started have been even more impressive (including two runs here). I think the last two narrow defeats came in above average Class 4 handicaps, Mujood proving so NTO. Well in at the weights and although he has risen the weights massively of late, his mark is true, like I say has been running brilliantly off it, and was higher rated in the past. Stable had two recent winners and has never ran a bad race here in five attempts. Ground a slight worry but I think he can win this without being at his best. Nicholls Guest Connections looks the main danger with Spencer booked, I would fancy him in most claimers. SAVILLE'S DELIGHT - WIN

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Monday 19th May Windsor 8.40 - Blue Jack - 1 point to win 5F handicap for 3Y0Blue Jack has aleady won a handicap and only gone up 3lbs for it. He's fit, in form and a winner last time out. I have Windsor as a 'slow' 5F even tho' the pundits keep saying it's 'sharp'.........the dog leg slows them down. Blue Jack has won a class 4 handicap over a 'slow 5' at Beverley. He's currently 4th favourite. The ones ahead of him in the market are .....Regal Steps, top weight, first run of the season. I reckon he's too high in the handicap after running in pattern races at 2. This seems to be a general trend for handicappers. Good Gorsoon comes out of that race that Corrybrough won, some have run well since, others haven't, Already in his short career he's developed a habit of getting boxed in, not getting clear runs, finishing like a train when it's all to late. I reckon he needs at least 6 furlongs, probably 7 so he can go the pace and not get boxed in. Monsieur Reynard. Can't see why this one is 3rd Fav, still a maiden after 7 runs, his best 2 efforts have been on soft ground, and he's running off much the same mark as he's been getting beaten off. Maybe he's been laid out for a coup ? Anyway, I'm sticking with the one who looks sure to give his running........Blue Jack.Come on my son, I haven't had a winner yet this month in the competition.........

7-10 Windsor - Dressed To Dance - each way She came back to form last week off at 25/1 (not that I backer her) Won off a 10 pound higher mark 15 months ago. On official ratings has it all to do against Savilles Delight at the weights, but I think she's solid each way material at top odds of 7/1 with Bet365. Betfair punters can get 7.8 at the moment but the book is 112% and it will probably go to over 8.6 this afternoon. It's 2.64 for a place. While 365s odds are better for the win, the place odds of 2.64 beat 7/5 hands down. You could always put in 2.72 or over and hope to get matched. Someobody is asking for 2.88 so there's a gap between back and lay that will close one way or the other by race time. Good luck to all :ok
Well done Cassius, this was going to be my BBOTD but didn't have time to get it on the thread. I backed it at 8-1 at Wolverhampton on a PL race day, given a very good ride tonight, jockey had it well placed with cover, delievered it right on the line. Nice SP too. :ok

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Monday 19th May Great Winner Cas at 7/1 :clap Places so far for Guy Fawkes and Milen, an odds on winner for BH and a nice Lay for Falbrav. 4 others still to run later, update the table around 11pm.

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Monday 19th May 8.50 WOLVES~RYEDANE 0.5 E/W Can be for given for his last two runs at Thirsk where his record there is 15/18 17/17 11/13 18/18 from 4 starts.Is much better here with 4 wins and 3 places from 11 starts.Trainer has had a couple winners recently.