Best Bet Of The Day 13th May 2008

Brighton 4.10: BRIDGEWATER BOYS - WIN Had a decent winter when rattling up a hat trick on the all weather before running a fair race in a Doncaster Handicap LTO. An interesting fact here is that the selections only previous run at Brighton he won and was also ridden by todays jockey Ryan Moore, the only other time he was onboard. Conditions are right todays and he can return to winning ways.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 13th May 2008 2-40 Brighton - Magical Speedfit - Lay (7/2 in RP 4.2 on Betfair) This hoss has had 11 races, been favourite 4 times, second favourite twice, odds on twice, and still hasn't won. Back in September at Chester he was 9th of 11 in a nursery, off a mark of 75, beaten 10 lengths, and the handicapper knocked himself off the Xmas card list by raising him 7 pounds for that effort. :loon Got dropped 8 pounds next time out when he trailed in at 100/1 in 25th place of 28 runners at H.Q. this put him on 74, he was then beaten at 8/13 in a 4 horse race. Got dropped again to 69, and was beaten into 6th of 9 as the 11/4 favourite, On the same mark today. Even with Ryan Moore on it, it's a bad hoss, and has got to be layed. Good luck to all :ok

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 13th May 2008 8.40 Newton Abbot: Estate A lot of possibilities in this competitive contest but none with more solid claims than Estate. David Pipe's horse is dropped in grade and currently on a nice mark and saves it's best for Timmy Murphy who takes the ride again tonight. Taking this quote from RP race analysis of Newbury run in Feb when unluckily brought down when looking the winner: "He should be watched over the weeks ahead, but only backed if Murphy rides." Hope their guesswork is correct! WIN :hope

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 13th May 2008 Disappointing yesterday with a 2nd & 3rd , lets hope we can do better today. I think its wise to follow pat cosgraves rides today, he should have 2 winners First being on HOME in the 2.20 His second winner should be BERTHA in the 4.20. She makes her racing debut today for Jamie Osbourne, Sired by bertolini and cost 26,000gns in 06 sales. This is first time Jockey/trainer team up. On cosgraves other ride LUSCIVIUS, i would avoid. Also keep an eye out for A.J MCcabe, who sends out ELUSIVE WARRIOR & TENANCY at southwell and great leighs. These 2 have strongest prospects of winning.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 13th May 2008 740 Newton Abbot : Oakfield Legend 1pt win The only race of the day that interests me, its a toss up between playing safe with the fav or taking a chance on Tarateeno EW. In the end I cant get away from Oakfield Legend who has been running very well over fences and as the horse is fit and well and no real race to enter at the moment over fences the connections have decided to take advantage of a very low rating over hurdles, especially as the ground has come perfect and the sharp track suits his front running style. He should make this a fast pace and I reckon many wont be able to lay up, his times over fences are quicker than the best of these over hurdles. The Pipe horse is solid but wants softer ground and the Jonjo horse will need to improve about a stone to get involved. I see there is early money for Madam Vouvray, no doubt because of Ruby but has no form really, the only one i see that has improvement is Tarateeno, he stays well but i just think this will all happen a bit quick and may creep into the frame late on at a fair price. These switchback types dont always deliver but in this instance its very hard to make a case for any of the supposed dangers.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 13th May 2008

Disappointing yesterday with a 2nd & 3rd , lets hope we can do better today. I think its wise to follow pat cosgraves rides today, he should have 2 winners First being on HOME in the 2.20 His second winner should be BERTHA in the 4.20. She makes her racing debut today for Jamie Osbourne, Sired by bertolini and cost 26,000gns in 06 sales. This is first time Jockey/trainer team up. On cosgraves other ride LUSCIVIUS, i would avoid. Also keep an eye out for A.J MCcabe, who sends out ELUSIVE WARRIOR & TENANCY at southwell and great leighs. These 2 have strongest prospects of winning.
*Robert, only one selection in this thread, please read the rules. The first horse has no reasoning at all so wont count anyway so your on Bertha unless you repost. Also *ChrisLloyd, I will accept this today but more reasoning than that is required in the future, use the daily threads if thats all you want to put in your posts. Cheers guys, BH

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 13th May 2008 3.00 Yarmouth Musaalem is unbeaten from one start after winning an average Warwick maiden last season. As he has only had the one start he begins the season and a fair mark, the handicapper could only give him a mark of 75 I suppose based on what he achieved. However he could be better than shown and I will follow him this season until I see a reason not to. He pulled hard on his debut and he didn't handle the bend at Warwick either. I have a quote from Willie Haggas saying "...he ideally wants a straight track..." So interesting that he runs at Yarmouth. He broke his pelvis at two and obviously has been hard to train, I believe the yard's patience will be repaid this season. Around 10/3 at the moment and one of my bets of the day.

3.00 Yarmouth Musaalem is unbeaten from one start after winning an average Warwick maiden last season. As he has only had the one start he begins the season and a fair mark, the handicapper could only give him a mark of 75 I suppose based on what he achieved. However he could be better than shown and I will follow him this season until I see a reason not to. He pulled hard on his debut and he didn't handle the bend at Warwick either. I have a quote from Willie Haggas saying "...he ideally wants a straight track..." So interesting that he runs at Yarmouth. He broke his pelvis at two and obviously has been hard to train, I believe the yard's patience will be repaid this season. Around 10/3 at the moment and one of my bets of the day.
3.00: Yarmouth 1st 1 Musaalem (USA) 11-4 2nd 6 Violent Velocity (IRE) 9-4 F 3rd 10 Wodhill Schnaps 22-1 well done mate :clap i owe u a :beer thanks a lot :cow

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 13th May 2008 20:10 Newton Abbot Armaturk Offers very good value at the 5-1 price from Blue Square. SP's from all three races this year are 1-3F, 10-11F, and 2-5F. He's failed to win this year and not won a race since 2005 but price is very generous for today. Still trained by P F Nicholl's so whatever is needed to adjust him for a victory is very possible to happen here. Nicholls has 4 wins from the last 7 going into today - also 2 of the last 3 chasers have won. 5pts ew @ 5-1 Blue Square

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 13th May 2008 Mine was a NR so im gonna post a new one if thats ok. Great Leighs 6.50: BOZ WIN In fantastic form after winning six out of his last seven races. Comes from a very shrewd yard and Spencer takes the ride which is a positive. Has already won at this new course and the selection should win easily here.

2-40 Brighton - Magical Speedfit - Lay (7/2 in RP 4.2 on Betfair) This hoss has had 11 races, been favourite 4 times, second favourite twice, odds on twice, and still hasn't won. Back in September at Chester he was 9th of 11 in a nursery, off a mark of 75, beaten 10 lengths, and the handicapper knocked himself off the Xmas card list by raising him 7 pounds for that effort. :loon Got dropped 8 pounds next time out when he trailed in at 100/1 in 25th place of 28 runners at H.Q. this put him on 74, he was then beaten at 8/13 in a 4 horse race. Got dropped again to 69, and was beaten into 6th of 9 as the 11/4 favourite, On the same mark today. Even with Ryan Moore on it, it's a bad hoss, and has got to be layed. Good luck to all :ok
Oh well. It pissed up by over 3 lengths. It was 4.9 an hour after I posted the lay. :sad I could have got out for a small profit, but didn't. No idea what price it went in running as I was in the garden when the race was on. Back or lay, I generally get out at better odds whenever the opportunity presents itself. Too busy fcuking about servicing the lawnmower. :sad