** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

ATP & WTA Miami 26th Mar - 5th Apr

Re: ATP & WTA Miami 26th Mar - 5th Apr

Mr.Intensity; any opinion about Ivanovic-Davenport match?
Are you the guy I just emailed about this?:tongue2 For anyone else, I'm just leaving this match alone. Davenport says she's fully fit but can't be sure. Also not 100% about Anas motivation this week. So I think it's best left alone, but I see robby is going for Davenport:ok

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you the guy I just emailed about this?:tongue2 For anyone else, I'm just leaving this match alone. Davenport says she's fully fit but can't be sure. Also not 100% about Anas motivation this week. So I think it's best left alone, but I see robby is going for Davenport:ok
yes,i am :lol Thank you very much

Re: ATP & WTA Miami 26th Mar - 5th Apr Keep in mind that I'm chasing value more than I am endorsing Davenport. Some of the double top seeds are already out, Fish and Dj finalists in Indian Wells is out, Davenport's opponent didn't have a great handle on her opening match for this tourney. So it's value. You'll find that if you lean heavy dog early as we go into clay and then play conservative and pick your spots late, you'll generally do well. The seeds all have public pace on them and a lot of them will fall week to week. But in all honesty, I'm pretty much betting blind as I don't know WTA all that much. But there is no value in the dogs in the ATP so I'm using some early round profit to leverage a unit or two. Woz comes through, which is a nice start.

Cheers mate, pretty much what I thought as well..... I really like Santoro's game, it is certainly different and it needs to be given his age and althetisism. I have gone for it already as detailed in the glory hunt section!
Just gone into a 3rd set. Think this is going to be really tough for Blake, in this heat mentally he could be fried already:unsure

Re: ATP & WTA Miami 26th Mar - 5th Apr If he doesn't challenge the magician and waits til another tie breaker he could very well go down today. Santoro has had a lot of clean/15 games today. Peer looks damn good, the 15yo Brito looks almost awe struck. X-Man is gutting it, but Step looks real solid. Could Zheng be the 2nd player who can't hold a break against the clay courter this year:$? Better not! Sugiyama looks damn good, and congrats on PHM. Want him next round? I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole, he's bound to come back to being a headcase at some point lol.

Did you see that service game from Blake at *5-3? That's one of the worst I've ever seen:lol:lol:lol
Not only that did you see it when it was 2-1 and 3-2 in the 3rd with Santoro serving? Blake was hitting the ball deliberately into the ground or he was just watching the serve go past him because he didn't want to 'waste' energy. There were a few times he got caught out with the net and had to walk back again, numpty. Blake was shocking, glad I didn't have my mortgage on that but he kinda came through in the end :unsure Maybe the magician tricked him playing like a knob! :lol

Re: ATP & WTA Miami 26th Mar - 5th Apr You'd have to favour Step in the next round you'd think. 4 unit stakes as these prices are falling on my bookie.:( 4 units Minar o Roddick @ 6.50 (returns 22 units) Minar has to be playing some of his better tennis as of late. Roddick seemed to really struggle to start off his Miami campaign. 6.50 is a large price on Roddick on the slower courts that Minar has had several as a qualifier has had some considerable time on. 4 units Bolleli over Davy @ 4 (returns 12 units) Davy was really harrassed by a another qualifier last round and could be harrassed this time just the same. Bolelli is another person who has had considerable time on these courts the past week. 4 units Monaco over Ancic @ 2.60 (returns 6.4 units) I would rather back Monaco at this price than I would back Ancic at this price, meaning he's way over valued as a favorite, even if he is the "come back kid'. 4 units Almagro over Youzhny @ 2.70 (returns 6.8 units) Youzhny still has a poor record here even if he did beat Reynolds. Reynolds in a lot of the consideration beat himself as much as Youzhny won it. Almagro has an impressive this time of year and has the utilities to impress on the slower hards. This one is closer than the odds suggest. I like the odds of plucking two of these dogs tomorrow. These qualifiers may have went deep and be tired, but these favorites are way over valued at prices.

Zheng up a break twice in the final set - served for the match at *5-3. Now it's 5-4* - if Mauresmo wins this I'm going to go ******* mental:loon:loon:loon
Ah that's better. Everything is good, everything is calm. Ferrero is taking a beating but I don't care. Breathe. Relax. :)

Nice hit:ok Hope you go 3-0 with the ladies today;)
Cheers sir. Zheng made us sweat but that's my weekend made. :clap Can afford to up stakes a wee bit on Kleybanova and Safarova now. :cheers

Re: ATP & WTA Miami 26th Mar - 5th Apr Sugiyama better win, she had that three times.:eyes And thanks for the eyes on Zheng and Woz. Davenport with those two puts my lil 1 unit experiment in profit, and well past there if Sugiyama can take the third. Com'on Safrova/Sugiyama for a 4-1 day :hope You'd have to think Jankovic is very liable to start very strong, but if it's 3 sets you have every chance of winning. ... Safrova has settled in serve, and started making Jankovic work for hers, perfect scenario for Jankovic to get wore down. .. Sugiyama is getting wore down though :( ... but hanging in there Safrova? Isn't even close :$

Re: ATP & WTA Miami 26th Mar - 5th Apr Well the "WTA Experiment" went 4-2 + 7.9 units which sits me at 15-19 +39.83 units so I'm going to play a single unit to see if I can breach 40 units tonight. I've mentioned several times how Gonzo is my lean over Canas and even though he's a short fav, I'm going to go ahead and play it. Canas didn't look good at all versus Warburg, and that trend carried through when he played doubles yesterday. I really do think he's having ball striking issues and shouldn't be too much of an issue for Gonzo. It should be noted that on hard surfaces Gonzo can be very light switch (on one minute, off the next), so he's a liability, even against someone who's not getting a lot of first serves in. 1 unit Gonzo o Canas @ 1.83 (returns .83 units) Serena is having issues against a 6/1 dog, lol. "Who let the dogs out?" I have four posted plays for tomorrow but these are for anyone interested, leans on ToJo to continue his run (be wary going against him when he's on a run, he can bite), Tsonga should clear Benne, but expect a decent set count, Acasuso and Sela will be the best match of the day to watch when it comes to conversing styles of play. Acasuso should be too quick for him. Fed, easy. Except of course there's no value in him to do so, but I think he'll revenge indian wells. What's the most embarrassing thing he's done as of late? Losing to Fish. Makes those Gilette commercials look high society:lol

Re: ATP & WTA Miami 26th Mar - 5th Apr Kleybanova's serving was just terrible. She broke Zvonareva 3 times but only won 2 service games. Only 40% 1st serves in. Zvonareva wasn't much better with 46% and I'll probably go for Sugiyama over her if she's a decent price. Then Lisicki, huge price and all, goes and spanks Chakvetadze silly after I deliberately steered totally clear. :loon .

Re: ATP & WTA Miami 26th Mar - 5th Apr hi everyone, first time writing here so hope i'll have some succes. Mr. I i check out your calls regularly and it's not hard to see you know what you are talking about. i had some luck with combinig your calls with some of mine so thank you. :lol:lol overs are my love when tennis is in play and today i see potencial on that market. first of all acasuso - sela - no H2H to talk about but just seem to be very close in form. both have wins over top players in last round and it just looks like a tight match, acasuso is the favorit but i don't think sela will go down easy - over 22.5 looks nice imo @1.85 Youzhny M. - Almagro N. - youzhny had no problem with reynolds - that i did not expekt, but almagro did the same with clement so i don't think something like that will happen here. almagro looks to be in better form and plays very good this year but again, the way Youzhny took care of reynolds make me believe in some close tennis here - over 22.5 again looks good to me i'm also looking closely at Ancic-Monaco and Rodick-Minar. Ancic game i will not touch because i'm from croatia and i never bet on croatians but i see it going in 3 sets. ancic looks very good this year but he seems to like 3 sat matches.:lol 23.5 is the limit and i just don't know what will happen here. Minar however i'll be backing up because 7.70 @ pinnacle looks huge and i don't think rodick is such a favorit here. it will be a small stake ofcourse, but the over bet with 19.5 looks great and i'll take that too. what are your opinions on these matches? good luck

Re: ATP & WTA Miami 26th Mar - 5th Apr also based on H2H and federer having some strange results i think i'll put a small bet on first set to go over 9.5 games. or maybe even over 11. i'll think about that a little. soderling in good form, nice results this year, he could be tough to break and hopefully history will repeat itself.

19/10-06 Mutua Madrilena Masters, Madrid 1/8 Europa Tvrda podloga Federer, Roger 2:0 76 76
07/06-05 Gerry Weber Open, Halle 1/16 Europa Trava Federer, Roger 2:1 67 76 64
01/10-04 Thailand Open, Bangkok 1/4 finala Azija Tvrda podloga Federer, Roger 2:0 76 64
29/07-04 Tennis Masters Canada, Toronto 1/16 Amerika Tvrda podloga Federer, Roger 2:0 75 61

Re: ATP & WTA Miami 26th Mar - 5th Apr Just hit it myself Alf:ok BOLELLI @ 4.4 Betfair. I think we've got a big chance of an upset here. Bolelli is a player I'm starting to like, and he clearly likes this tournament. He came through qualies last year and beat Monfils and Tursunov before losing to Ferrer and this year he's beaten Giraldo and Kohlschreiber. Don't think the German was at his best but that was an excellent straight sets win for Bolelli. I'm really not sure about Davy this year, he hasn't got much going and his serve really seems erratic. He also has a pretty poor 6-6 record here including a poor loss to Delic last year suggesting he's looking forward to hitting the clay. He had a big struggle with Gulbis in his first match and is a little lucky to still be in, and I rate Bolelli well above Gulbis (I keep saying it I really don't like Gulbis!). Bolelli should put in a solid performance, and he has a good chance, plus there's the chance that Davy tanks. ACASUSO @ 1.66 Betfair. Now that Acasuso has got a couple of wins, I think he can be backed as a solid fav. He was woeful in Indian Wells but looks to have turned up here ready to play getting straight sets wins over Ventura and Hewitt. He can be very effective on hard courts, especially slower ones, and the conditions here should suit. Sela has got a couple of nice wins over Lee and Robredo who is woefully out of form and he should be pretty confident coming into this. In this match I just see Acasuso being able to do more damage from the back and should be able to hold serve more easily. I'm not really a fan of Sela and I see him getting outgunned.

Re: ATP & WTA Miami 26th Mar - 5th Apr Federer v Soderling UNDER 22 games @ 1.84 Pinnacle. I fancy a cheeky little punt on the under here. I'm pretty sure it's the H2H which means this is not 20 or 20.5 games and that's just crazy. H2H is 4-0 to Federer with the last 3 being extremely close. But, two of those were indoors and the other on grass in Halle which I think (not sure) had the roof closed. Soderling is a much better player indoors where he serves like a god but outdoors with the wind and hopefully sun is much different. He struggled in the last round against Wawrinka and I see Federer giving him a beating today. Federer as we all know has been up and down this year by his immaculate standards, but he did look good against Monfils. I see Federer taking this down in 2 and I don't think there will be a tiebreak. Also, the good thing about this bet is that if Federer plays like he did against Fish then we'll still win! I'll look into the other games later.....

Re: ATP & WTA Miami 26th Mar - 5th Apr Bad pick Mr. It's strange for me that you didn't see/hear about Sela's quality. He is goin to break into the top50 after being outside the top 200 a year ago. He has more potential than Acasusu that's for sure. His serve is the only weakness but still he has managed to improve this aspect and I think he can deafet Susu like he did to Robredo, Lee and kiefer in the last 2 weeks...

Re: ATP & WTA Miami 26th Mar - 5th Apr Hey mirkomale :welcometo PL! You've got my thoughts on Federer and Acasuso. I quite fancy Almagro. Might make it a play later. Both players are capable of having a 2nd set lapse after going a set up. But the worry would be perhaps a tie break first set then both are capable of falling apart. That's what happened last week with Youzhny against Hewitt AND Almagro against Mahut so that's quite a big worry. Agree on the over in the Ancic game. If I make a play it'll either be Ancic or the over. He should take care of Monaco but does tend to have periods in the match where he is just poor and Monaco is capable of taking a set. The worry with this one would be if Ancic plays aggressive (which he should) then he can really get on top of Monaco and should get into most of the Argentines service games. For that reason I think Ancic is probably a bit of a better play.