ATP & WTA Miami 26th Mar - 5th Apr

Re: ATP & WTA Miami 26th Mar - 5th Apr

SportTennis
EventRoddick-Davydenko
SelectionRoddick win
Strength10/10
Date05/04/2008
Bookmaker/PriceInterwetten @ 1.50 (Back)
ReasoningI was impressed yesterday watching Roddick playing against Federer and here i must go on him with high stakes as guy totally deserved it.Yesterday we wasnt watching usual Roddick who plays nervous just opposite he was very calm he didnt rush to finish points quickest as he can and in the end that proves excellent for him.He has great service which we all saw yesterday and it is very hard to get to break points against him.Also he is playing at home were he feels great and this tournament looks like made for him to win it at this point.Davydenko as i wrote yesterday is improving in match to match and he looks more secure.he beat Tipsarevic 6-2,6-1 but result doenst reflect this as Tipsarevic was almost equal in every game but Russian experience was decisive in end and offcourse less UE.Also H2H is absolutely on Roddick side as he won all five matches against Nikolay and four of them was on hard with dropping only one set to Davydenko which is impresive.I think that Roddick will hold his service and will break one time in each set Davydenko and that should be enough to qualify for finals.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventRoddick -Davydenko
SelectionDavydenko
Strength10/10
Date04/04/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.96 (Back)
ReasoningWay too high odds on Davy imo.I don't give a sh** about their H2H which is 5:0 for A-Rod.Kolya is in great shape here at Miami and she should give a great fight today against Andy.Davydenko is great on his serve so far in this tournament and he looks really solid and full of confidence.I don't see any special reason not to try him in this one.Valuebet for me.I hope it will be great game as the first semi final really dissapointed me...

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventWilliams - Jankovic set hc
SelectionJankovic +1.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date05/04/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.70 (Back)
ReasoningI understand that Serena is favourite in this one but imo she is a bit overrated.Jankovic is in top form and she plays really great tennis here so I really don't see any reason not to back her to take at least one set here.We've seen against Kuznetsova that Serena isn't untouchable and against Jelena she had always tough time.H2H is 3:2 for Janovic and only once she losed 0:2.Their last meeting was at this year Australian Open and then Jankovic won comfortably 6:3 6:4.Worth a shot imo.

Re: ATP & WTA Miami 26th Mar - 5th Apr I like Davydenko for this Saw Nadal against Blake and he did not overly impress me an Davydenko has been playing some good tennis in Miami and as long as he takes his chances when he has them he can upset the favourite Nadal has beaten Davydenko in 2/2 meetings, once on hard court too (the other on clay), but based on their performances I think he can win 13/8

Re: ATP & WTA Miami 26th Mar - 5th Apr Nadal- Davydenko 1 It's very hard match, the odds are that we'll see even duel until the end. I think althought that both players are in sensational form, for me bigger chance to win match have Rafael Nadal. He can cope with Davydenko in two sets- maybe 7-5, 6-4 bacause he is determined to win this tournament, and he have better shape and he is stronger than rival. 1,50 on win Rafael Nadal

Re: ATP & WTA Miami 26th Mar - 5th Apr Nadal v Davydenko Both of these guys are pretty much at the top of their games right now. In the semis, Nadal disposed of an in form Thomas Berdych and Davydenko outclassed Roddick. Imo, there is no reason to believe either of these guys will have any significant drop off in form going into this match, so the key will be the matchup in styles on this surface. Davydenko's two most impressive displays in this tournament have been his two most recent. The thing is neither Roddick or Tipsarevic defend particularly well and once Davy got on the front foot in the rally he was able to dictate play and look extremely classy. Neither of those guys were able to live with him from the back and neither were ever in danger of putting enough balls back in play to frustrate Davy into errors. This most certainly does NOT apply to Nadal. The problems Nadal presents in the rallies from the back of the court will be totally different and much more difficult than those presented by Roddick and Tipsy. Another thing that stands out is that Davy is not really the type of player we would usually look to as able to beat Nadal on a hard court. I would usually look to someone with big heavy flat hitting who can hit through Nadal. I don't really think this applies to Davy. He's clearly top quality from the back of the court but imo doesn't hit flat enough to go through Nadal. Tipsy and Rod were leaving plenty of short balls for Davydenko to step up and punish. Nadal should be able to keep a better length. Also, as I mentioned above when Davy got on the front foot in those rallies, he completely dominated with neither Roddick or Tipsy able to play effectively off the back foot. Nadal won't mind playing off the back foot at all. Another worry for Davydenko is that there has been plenty of evidence this week that this court is plenty slow enough to prevent guys who usually DO have enough to hit through Nadal from doing so. Berdych and Blake hold positive H2H with him and have ideal games to take him on and neither were able to beat him. My judgement is that Davydenko has probably been made to look slightly better from the back than he really is (not doubting his class for one second here btw before people jump on me for it) and that unlike against Rod and Tipsy, simply getting them on the back foot won't be enough to win the point. Nadal will work hard and keep getting the ball back in play and frustrate Davydenko into errors. I see a comfortable win for Nadal. 4pts on Nadal to win @ 1.55

I like Davydenko for this Saw Nadal against Blake and he did not overly impress me an Davydenko has been playing some good tennis in Miami and as long as he takes his chances when he has them he can upset the favourite Nadal has beaten Davydenko in 2/2 meetings, once on hard court too (the other on clay), but based on their performances I think he can win 13/8
:drums Nadal far from his best but I just had a feeling and like how Davedenko has been playing in Miami