• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP & WTA Miami 26th Mar - 5th Apr

SportTennis
EventBenneteau-Schuettler
SelectionBenneteau
Strength10/10
Date27/03/2008
Bookmaker/Price>William Hill @ 1.53 (Back)
ReasoningWell in this match i see one player Benneteau who should dominate over old dog Schuettler. Frenchman is having solid year.He had some solid results and his best accomplishment was quarter-finals this year and he showed that he can play easily on hard court.His service is solid he can hold that but his main weapon is play on field as he is ver persistent player and it is very hard to score points against him as he moves really well. On the other side we have an veteran player in face of Schuettler who is nowdays just shadow of his past results and he didnt accomplished anything this year.He played some tournaments and his best results was 1st or 2nd round nothing more.He is moving slower than used to be and his service is average. They met twice so far and score is 1-1 but Scuettler won match on hard court last 2-0 very easily but i expect different situation here as Benneteau is in better form and Schuettler is not player who i believe can cause problems here.

SportTennis
EventClement-Fish
SelectionClement
Strength10/10
Date27/03/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 3.90 (Back)
ReasoningLooking at odds on this match i just cannot believe that bookies give so generous odds on Clement as Fish is not so better player than him and this odds on Clement need to be taken. Clement is typical French player who is very good in field he is very consistent from baseline and he can cause trouble to any player on his day.His service is average but with his field play he can hold it.Only thing that worries me about him is his age and also he is not having good season so far but i can see him making a suprise. Fish played tournament of his life last week in IV were he lost in finals to Djokovic and normally players after that kind of tournaments always dont go far in next one and that is unwritten rule in tennis and Fish is not top player so i can see him stumbling here.He show against Djokovic that his service is not that good and that he cant always serve like that and i expect today low percentage of his 1st service. They met twice and score is 1-1 and both players won easily that matches in two sets and both were played on hard.Clement here is not so big underdog as bookies think and i believe that he is capable beating Fish today.

SportTennis
EventAncic-Simon
SelectionAncic
Strength10/10
Date27/03/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.42 (Back)
ReasoningIn this match i can see Ancic as a clea winner as guy is hungry for playing tennis after his comeback and he lost some matches this season in too much desire to win and he made some errors cause of that but i believe today he can beat Simon. Ancic like i said made comeback this year and he is looking ok so far,he made some nice reuslts recently as he was in Zagreb semis,final in Marseille very strong tournaments.He lost unfortunately to Ferrero in IV and now he wants to win here to prove himself.His service is good and his shots are very precise and strong and he is good both,from the net and from baseline. On the other side we have Simon a player who is typical French school player as he is great in hitting shots back but his service and lack of agressivnes could cause him a lot of troubles as Ancic can respond well to his shots.He had solid season so far and his biggest succes was beating Djokovic in Marseille but Serb was just recovered from injury and Simon had more desire to take that game. They never met before but i believe that Ancic is a better player he is better in almost all elements of play and his service should get him a win here.Odds are not great but they are good for some combo material.

SportTennis
EventKunitsyn-Johansson
SelectionKunitsyn
Strength10/10
Date27/03/2008
Bookmaker/PriceSportingbet @ 2.70 (Back)
ReasoningNot much to say but i believe that 27 year old Russian is closer to win.Bookies made as a favourite Johansson but this is his first match here while Kunytsin played two and he already played two games here in qualifiers and he was very succesfull without losing a set or letting break points and his service looked good.Johansson is experienced player but he has very weak results this year he lost to some mediocre players this year and he hasnt been playing a lot probably cause his age.He had a lot of troubles in IV against Lu who is weaker player than Kunytsin and beat hime barely in three sets.I believe that this match is 55-45 on Russian side,he will be able to hold his service and to keep pressure on Johansson here he could beat him and made a little suprise in first round.

i think that fish is going to win tonight easly...infact in my opinion he will come trough at least 2 rounds
He should be a favorite, no question. My bet isn't that he shouldn't be a favorite, but that he's well over valued. 2.80 is more like it. 3 tops. That being said, I'd be glad if he won. He's always shown a lot of promise, but he's the classic headcase.
Nicely done sir
Ta! Alf (My dad is an Alf fan and collector if that's the reference). Sadly Llodra lost two tie breakers :(. I can't stand that, if my dog chokes.. let'm lose big. But one that breaks the fav in both sets only to give it back and then lose a tie breaker in each sucks. Nice day Mr I! I really can't wait for clay ;)

Re: ATP & WTA Miami 26th Mar - 5th Apr Some notes if anybody wants them for round 2 Melzer struggled most of the day and had a hard time handling Llorda's heat. Reynolds was packing some hot heat himself per norm, but really, really had issues closing Safin out. 1/10 on break points. His double faults were a lot better than normal, but considering he was the aggressor it's not hard to see why. Troicki won because Hanescu collapsed. Hanescu was looking at a 4-1 and then folded, Troicki ran away with it only having that one breakpoint scenario the rest of the match. Sad 1st serve %. Sela was quite good against a very bad player. 5/5 on break points saved was the key difference to this one. Ancic doesn't look good at all. Luckily Simon isn't holding his serve. Sugiyama did look impressive in the first set, struggled the entire second

Re: ATP & WTA Miami 26th Mar - 5th Apr I was really leaning towards Monfils with the way he let Isner go the last time and with Isner being a wild card, but with his limited play as of late and the way Safin/Reynolds got carried a lot of speed, I just don't trust it. So I'm going to let it go. If I had to lean I'd say Isner, but he's too short for my liking and no one left to juice his odds up with. Leans went 2-0 so far though. From a glance there could be some nice dogs against these byes tomorrow! 4-2 (+19.49 units) with one liability of 2.70 to play. 6-6 (+21.87 units) for the tourney so far.

Re: ATP & WTA Miami 26th Mar - 5th Apr I like dogs tomorrow:unsure:unsure BERRER @ 2.76 Pinnacle. Berrer is a player I like. He hasn't got many results this year, but a good win over Haase in the first round and getting a match here could be important. He's a flashy lefty who can play extremely well, but can struggle with unforced errors. He served very well against Haase and a repeat performance should see him through here. Andreev has been pretty average so far this year and first match up no idea how interested he is. This should should suit him, but a 3-4 record here with the highest ranked player he's played 22 isn't very good. Most interesting stat here is Andreev is 6-15 against lefties so clearly he doesn't like the match up. That's enough for me to take Berrer at this sort of price. DEL POTRO @ 2.20 Paddy Power. Going for del Potro as a small dog here. He's come back from some fitness problems and took care of Levine in the first round. Great for him to get that win and should push on. He did well here last year reaching the last 16 beating Bjorkman, Baghdatis and Youzhny before going down to Nadal. H2H is 2-0 to del Potro both indoors which should suit Lopez so that shows it's a decent match up for him. Lopez did incredibly well in Dubai, but lost a tight one to Young in Indian Wells which is pretty poor and he could be back to his first match loss routine. He's always vunerable first up, and in these conditions I think del Potro should be favourite. QUERREY @ 2.91 Pinnacle. Berdych has been poor this year, and certainly doesn't deserve to be this short. He's other guy who first up is very vunerable and getting a bye seems a big disadvantage. Querrey has been playing solid stuff in the US and has improved a lot since last year. These two play a very similar game, and this one should just be about who plays the big points well, and I'm going for Querrey to get it done. MALISSE @ 4.15 Pinnacle. Really can't be having Nalbandian this short. He struggled a lot in Indian Wells especially against Gulbis who he should have given a good kicking. His loss to Fish was very poor, Fish played well, but Nalbandian really should have put him away. He doesn't look as fit as he should be, and I'm sure that's letting him down on court. Malisse has struggled since coming back from injury, but I get the feeling he just needs a spark to start playing well again. He lost a very tight one to Kohlschreiber in Indian Wells which is a tough match, and he could be coming into a bit of form here. He hammered Hernandez in the first round and hopefully he's getting a bit of confidence up. H2H is 4-0 to Nalbandian so it looks pretty bad for Malisse, but I just get a feeling about this match.

Re: ATP & WTA Miami 26th Mar - 5th Apr Forgot one... CUEVAS @ 4.5 Will Hill. Everyone should know by now that I like Cuevas, and I think he could cause a big surprise here. He's done very well so far coming through qualifying and Spadea without dropping a set. I think he can play very effectively on hard courts and this slower one should be a good chance for him. Gonzalez has struggled this year on hard courts, and he seems nothing like the player of last year. He doesn't have the old Gonzo style, he's playing a lot of longer rallies negatively and his serve is becoming quite a weakness. These two played in Vina del Mar earlier this year and Gonzo came back for a very hard fought 3 set win. that was in his home event and Cuevas maybe running out of gas after a tough week but I'm sure Gonzalez won't be looking forward to this match up. These odds are much bigger than Betfair and Pinnacle and are too big to miss!

Re: ATP & WTA Miami 26th Mar - 5th Apr Ah I see. Come on Mr.Kunitsyn. Any thoughts on Wozniacki tomorrow Mr.I? She's been excellent this year, only beaten by the very best, Sharapova, Davenport, Kuznetsova and Ivanovic and has beaten Bartoli in straight sets already in Doha. Bartoli is favourite one presumes because of her ranking, but she hasn't been impressive so far this year at all. Wozniacki seems like very good value to me. :drums

Ah I see. Come on Mr.Kunitsyn. Any thoughts on Wozniacki tomorrow Mr.I? She's been excellent this year, only beaten by the very best, Sharapova, Davenport, Kuznetsova and Ivanovic and has beaten Bartoli in straight sets already in Doha. Bartoli is favourite one presumes because of her ranking, but she hasn't been impressive so far this year at all. Wozniacki seems like very good value to me. :drums
Yeah go for it. Bartoli is one that I think I read very badly so I tend to leave her matches alone. As you say Wozniacki has been very solid this year - no poor losses at all. Nothing much to add really, I'd expect Bartoli to do better than the last meeting but I think it's pretty tough to price up.

SportTennis
EventFerrero-Montanes
SelectionUnder 21.5 games
Strength10/10
Date28/03/2008
Bookmaker/PriceFonbet @ 1.85 (Back)
ReasoningA match here beetwen two players from Spain but bookies give very low odds on Ferrero here and that is correct as Ferrero is much better hard court player than Montanes who can play good only on clay. Ferrero had solid year so far but he himself wants more and he believes that this tournament is perfect for him to do something.He had some solid games in Indian Well he knocked out Ancic and then lost in quarter finals but he showed good tennis.His service looks good and he moves also really well as his BH and FH are doing a job for him. On the other side we have Montanes who is as I wrote previous classic clay player and he is here on cause there is not any tournaments on clay at the moment.His service is not so much good and he prefers long points but here as surface is little bit faster I cant expect anything from him and maybe he will give solid resistance but that is everything. They played three time so far and guess what Ferrero leads 3-0 and two games were on clay and one on hard court in AO were Ferrero clean the field with Montanes 6-0,6-1,6-1.They didn’t met for 3 years but things didn’t change a lot and I expect here another under as odds are good while odds on Ferrero win are small(1.2) but they are good for some combo material.

SportTennis
EventDjokovic-Anderson
SelectionUnder 19.5 games
Strength10/10
Date28/03/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Unibet @ 1.85 (Back)
ReasoningTaking this bet and I think it is quite reasonable and fair.Djokovic is having great year so far he won in Indian Wells and Australian Open and he had also some semis so an excellent year for him and he stated as next successor on 1st place.His service is good he moves really fast and good in field his backhand is also good and he is better player here certainly.Also he improved a lot his mental stability so this season.On the side is Anderson a player who got his affirmation in Las Vegas when he lost in final to Querrey and after that he didn’t had big success as he still has a lot to learn.He is player for hard court but he had lot of troubles in last round were he barely beat Calleri who is classic clay player and he is little bit out of form.His main weapon is his service but Djokovic will handle that well.I believe that Djokovic here will be little bit tired from Indian Wells but he will have motivation to end this game early and to keep himself fresher for better opponent so I can see here clear under and line is far and I expect something like 6-4,6-2 to Djokovic who will be in next round easily.

SportTennis
EventBlake-Seppi
SelectionOver 21 games
Strength8/10
Date28/03/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.93 (Back)
ReasoningAlso in this match I would like to skip betting on final result and go otherwise than last three bets to an over as I believe it is quite possible to happen that. Blake is classic hard court American player wo hits ball very hard and relay a lot on his service and shot from forehand.His service is usually very though to brake and Seppi will have problems doing.Also he is playing in home country and that is always a adventage for any player. Seppi is also similar player like Blake.He also has good service and relay on his forehand and as I was writing in my past preview he is having good year were he made some nice results in Bergamo and Rotterdam and he would be maybe go further in Indian Wells if he hadn’t got Djokovic in first round.Odds on Blake are too small and they are not worth to play as Seppi is not so bad.Also Italian won one match in qualifying game against Giquel 2-1 after bad start and he already felt surface while Blake need to adjust a little bit. They met once and Seppi leads 1-0 3-6,6-3,6-4 and that match was last year played in USA so I expect here also tight match and an over as I think that one set will be decided in TB and I don’t believe that both players will have many break chances so over is logical bet here for me.

SportTennis
EventNadal-Becker
SelectionUnder 19 games
Strength10/10
Date28/03/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Unibet @ 1.97 (Back)
ReasoningIn this game I also see Nadal as much better player than his opponent.Ok Becker has two good games in qualifying but let face it he played with some mediocre players and now he is facing 2nd in the world. Nadal is not so powerfull on hard as on clay but he manages to do the job until semis and quarter finals as he didn’t win anything so far in season but today he will have easier task.He can run good and return every ball very well and he will be pushing all the time Becker and I don’t believe that German can do something about here as he just didn’t use to play on such big tournaments against such big opponents like Nadal. His service is solid but if Nadal could break him early his morale will drop and then we will be watching one sided match and that is what I expect here.I also can see here clear under as I believe that Nadal will finish this one early without too much effort in two sets something like 6-3,6-3 for him.

Any thoughts on Wozniacki tomorrow Mr.I? She's been excellent this year' date=' only beaten by the very best, Sharapova, Davenport, Kuznetsova and Ivanovic and has beaten Bartoli in straight sets already in Doha. Bartoli is favourite one presumes because of her ranking, but she hasn't been impressive so far this year at all. Wozniacki seems like very good value to me. :drums[/quote'] Rumour is that Wozniacki has a foot injury but not sure it's true:unsure

Rumour is that Wozniacki has a foot injury but not sure it's true:unsure
Well that's not good. I've gone for a fairly small interest bet, taken before the price started dropping anyway. Today's games are much trickier than yesterday so it's probably my only one.