** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Best Bet of the Day - Thur 20th Mar

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Thur 20th Mar Ludlow 15:00 City Affair WIN Ok, I am going to take on the favorite here! I know psychomodo is a good horse, but the price is just too short. City Affair is a horse with ability, his form reads 21110. Ok LTO it was in a class 2 race against some smart types like Leslingtaylor or Pigeon Island. Trainer already proved it can pull up a win after some time off, vide King's Euro that won 31st Jan after half an year away. Trainer form reads well too in the last races. It's a feather weight comparing to it's last 3 wins. I think it's very well handicapped. A Jockey that knows this horse and the 1's in the horses form go with this jockey. So ... can't see why RP predicts this @ 11/2 but I am taking 8/1 currently on betfair :) at the price is a cracking E/W BET! But for the BBOTD I'll go for straight win! :)

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Thur 20th Mar 3.55 Clomel Theicecreamfellow I actually saw the last run of this horse and it was staying on well in similar conditions as today. I think the trip will help and i think can take this competitive handicap. Imaalhall is the danger for me. currently 4/1

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Thur 20th Mar my best bet of the day would be tighe caster 4.00 lud. 0.5 points ew. conditions more suitable today after good run last time. has ability to go well. others have questions to answer. price welcomes solid ew bet.

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Thur 20th Mar ANOTHER GENEPI 2.10 Southwell. LAY. (Racing Post F-C 3-1). In good resent form, but all about the trip here which looks on the long side for him. So with needing to run to his best over a slightly unsuitable trip, and with a few others more suited to it with the form to go well, he's a lay at 3-1 which ever way you look at it.

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Thur 20th Mar Ludlow 3.00 pm - Desert Quest - 1 point to win Looks like a two horse race with Psychomodo and Desert Quest rated 40 plus pounds ahead of their rivals on official ratings. Psychomodo is odds-on based on his last run against Noland where he fell when in contention..........trouble is, that's twice he's fallen in his last 3 runs, he's an iffy jumper ! What's more........he's a stayer, his win came over Ascot's 19 furlongs and both his recent falls have been when he's run over 16 furlongs. The pace of 16 furlong racing obviously forces him into errors. It would help the cause if some of the no-hopers went off at a fair lick. Desert Quest is a proper 16 furlong horse, he wins right-handed, he wins on good ground, he's won in class 3 ( and class 2) - he ran a stonker last time after a break to finish close up to Modicum. I can only envisage 'Psycho' making mistakes if he tries to keep up with Desert Quest. Current odds........Psychomodo 4/5, Desert Quest 2/1 Two horse race........

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Thur 20th Mar 3:20 WINCANTON - PETITE MARGOT - 1PT WIN Has run consistently well over long distances since scoring over 3m4f at Kelso in November, chasing home Ironside at Plumpton and finding only progressive Arnold Layne too good off this mark at Warwick most recently; Has consistently ran well in high grade races, only beaten 2L by Rambling Minster, in a Class 2. Trip shouldnt be a problem, NTD has a good record here, & should be up to winning this.

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Thur 20th Mar 230 Ludlow : Three Ships Lay (11/10 in RP) Three Ships has it all today under todays race conditions, rated 105 and carries 12st, both Thistle and Santera would be lots worse off in a normal handicap. Thistle also gets a 4lb pull for finishing right on the heels of Three Ships when they last met. Santera has had only three runs and last time out showed improved form and looks as though there is a bit more to come.

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Thur 20th Mar 2-10 Southwell LAY Another Genepi. Has only raced over a mile 4 times, so it's a rough guide to its ability over this distance. Wasn't good enough to make the frame more than once in 3 tries at Kempton on the AW, or at Sandown on Turf. Generally the kiss of death to put one on a forum, but I think this is a LAY at the price. (3.95 at the moment I layed much earlier at 3.5) Bound to win cosily now :tongue2

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Thur 20th Mar Terrible days racing. I will be spending it playing in running and/or looking at Saturday's cards. Ludlow 2.30 Three Ships - win A lot better than these although has a huge amount of weight to give away. Wouldn't be my usual sort of seller/claimer bet as he isn't particularly well in at the weights, but I know the owner well and have a horse with the yard, I know it is fit, well etc. It doesn't like the stick too much, so a hand n heels race wouldn't be the disadvantage it may be to other horses in the race, it's likely he would be ridden that way anyway. Have to end here as I'm running out of time!

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Thur 20th Mar

Terrible days racing. I will be spending it playing in running and/or looking at Saturday's cards. Ludlow 2.30 Three Ships - win A lot better than these although has a huge amount of weight to give away. Wouldn't be my usual sort of seller/claimer bet as he isn't particularly well in at the weights, but I know the owner well and have a horse with the yard, I know it is fit, well etc. It doesn't like the stick too much, so a hand n heels race wouldn't be the disadvantage it may be to other horses in the race, it's likely he would be ridden that way anyway. Have to end here as I'm running out of time!
2nd. Hampered early by a saddle slipper, not sure how much that affected the end of the race. Just not quite good enough at the weights as feared, but like I said was fit, well, trying an' all that. Ran it's race.