Ruby Walsh

Re: Ruby Walsh i brought this up at the weekend & questioned the form of Nicholls (C4 big him up too much for me). I laid Nicholls @ 1.57 for top trainer & was going to lay walsh but was worried about his irish rides. Lets hope he turns it round on MM in the next. This happens quite often i recall MCCoy having a number of terrible starts to the meeting & the pressure builds up for them to get a winner.

Re: Ruby Walsh Here I am against you I'm afraid ... Master Minded for me in the champion chase ... I predict this to be the next superstar of the Kauto caliber ... wish you all the luck though ... always had a soft spot for VPU and Twist Magic and still have ... will be a cracking race :ok

Re: Ruby Walsh I don't think there's anything wrong with the form of his horses. They are just getting found out this week with everyother horse in each race 100% fit. He'll have his winners but how many times do we see his horses being favourite when clearly they shouldn't e.g Ornais in the first today 5/1 for that was mental imo.

Re: Ruby Walsh That was quite special, had Master Minded ante post but also backed Voy Por today, was wanting Voy Por to win but can't argue with that performance. Different class that horse, on the bridle for so long and it was a case of how far from some way out. Twist Magic was poor again. Master Minded really is going places - right to the top.

Re: Ruby Walsh :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy what an amazing performance! I think even if Walsh unmounted the horse last 10 yards and carry it on his lap, it would still cross the line in first! FOOKING AMAZING!

Re: Ruby Walsh Well, here's my take on it..... Great performance, especially from a 5yo and a very worthy winner that is going to the top. However, that was a very poor renewal of the QM. I mean, Tamarinbleu amongst the favs, Twist Magic who needs a flat track and an out of sorts VPU. Let's be honest, it won easy and couldn't have been more impressive. You can only beat what's on show, but I don't think it really beat that much today. Saying that, I'm delighted for the lads who got on early doors at big prices, especially Bowlesy at 85's on Betfair:clap:clap:clap

Re: Ruby Walsh

Well, here's my take on it..... Great performance, especially from a 5yo and a very worthy winner that is going to the top. However, that was a very poor renewal of the QM. I mean, Tamarinbleu amongst the favs, Twist Magic who needs a flat track and an out of sorts VPU. Let's be honest, it won easy and couldn't have been more impressive. You can only beat what's on show, but I don't think it really beat that much today. Saying that, I'm delighted for the lads who got on early doors at big prices, especially Bowlesy at 85's on Betfair:clap:clap:clap
I have said it all year VPU is not what it is cracked up to be by some. It no doubt is a good horse, 2 festival wins but for me it is always vulnerable to a real top notch horse. I do not see VPU as top notch, never have done. I reckon VPU was not out of sorts, I believe it ran a similar level to last years QMCC and for me that just shows how good Master Minded is and can be, he is pretty inexperienced. Last years QMCC was much worse than this one imo.

Re: Ruby Walsh yeah take out MasterMinded and VPU would have battered that lot today. As you know I was on VPU but I dont mind losing out to a great potential in MasterMinded. TO say VPU was out of sorts is a bit harsh IMHO, he has been previously but it all built up to a good run today which he did but end of the day he was out classed.