** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

e-sports league - CVG Poker Champions

teaulc

Re: e-sports league - CVG Poker Champions Awfully quiet in here tonight. Probably not a good sign... :\ 5th for me. My PC crapped out on me twice on the FT again, costing me half my gigantic stack (a whopping 1000 chips.) Funny how it works perfectly fine for 90 minutes, and then decides to go on strike when it hurts the most. :@ Managed to double up and hang in there a little longer. Gained one spot, I think. But had to go for it with A8 before the blinds killed me - called by AQ. :( Edit: Ah, a sign of life while I was typing. Looks like we can be pretty glad that we have (or had) such a nice lead going into today. :$ Do you know where you finished, V? Had a couple of sitouts on the FT in my tourney, so maybe we still got a couple of points... :hope

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: e-sports league - CVG Poker Champions

sorry guys 16th gaf was running over me tried to make a stand he was in every hand
I found on Sunday I was getting taken off a lot of pots I raised. Can understand why, probably only about 7-8 teams playing with their full quota each week, so it makes no sense for other teams to give us a easy ride to the final table (and rightly so) to pick up easy points to keep us at the top. Now we are several games into the league it could get interesting now where I can see a lot more play at the start where teams may start to target other teams to knock them out early where before most players would wait until the sit-outs left. Did the guys playing tonight notice any discerning difference with the style of play tonight?

Re: e-sports league - CVG Poker Champions yes the games a farce, you have to sit very quiet and beg a few points near the end because people have got mega stacks or play for the win and risk getting knocked out.gaf made it obvious that if i wanted some chips i had to play big pots against him, fair play he came out on top.

Re: e-sports league - CVG Poker Champions sorry guys,i finished 10th,,,every time i tried to make a play i got re-raised big time...then the 2 guys on the other table had sitouts all to themselves hard one tonight,but no worries we were due a bad night..back to normal sunday guys.... as fonzie is away this weekend (leave the nurses alone mate :moon:moon) the team is as follows teaulc silentjay kippe goater valiant

Guest gazza271

Did the guys playing tonight notice any discerning difference with the style of play tonight?
I targeted Al, especially after he took a couple of hits and went low on chips :ok
sorry guys' date='i finished 10th,,,every time i tried to make a play i got re-raised big time...then the 2 guys on the other table had sitouts all to themselves[/quote'] Yeah, no criticism of them because we would all have done the same but it is hard when 2 big stacks join the FT, they both finished 1st and 2nd :clap, think we had 5 or 6 playing on our first table :\

Mr V - I deserve all the stick you can muster to throw at me :$ I had 4 or 5 Sitouts after me - but Hodgey was raising every hand and I just couldnt back off :$ I dont think his strategy was good (He went all in very early with AQ v KK and got lucky), but mine was worse .....
I've only just seen this - mate this was the self same thing you were doing to me the previous week!! You raised me constantly when there were 2 or 3 sitouts to my left so it's a bit rich to criticise the same play when I do it back to you!

I've only just seen this - mate this was the self same thing you were doing to me the previous week!! You raised me constantly when there were 2 or 3 sitouts to my left so it's a bit rich to criticise the same play when I do it back to you!
And apparently the same again yesterday, according to Kippe. Considering he thinks it's a bad strategy, and advises everyone else (incl. his team mates - or so he said) not to do it, I'm not sure what to say to that. One could get a little suspicious as to his intentions... Bad form, GaF.

And apparently the same again yesterday' date=' according to Kippe. Considering he thinks it's a bad strategy, and advises everyone else (incl. his team mates - or so he said) not to do it, I'm not sure what to say to that. One [i']could get a little suspicious as to his intentions... Bad form, GaF.
Oops- sorry guys, didn't mean to cause offence :$ I stand by my comments though - sorry Hodgey - I thought you were playing badly/recklessly (and I think I countered it even more poorly) - I accept I could be completely wrong and there may have been reason to your play beyond my understanding (that's the great thing about poker - levels of thinking can be completely missed by players - worse than not knowing things is not knowing that you dont know them!!) Did I play aggressively (super aggressively) last night? Yes. But, in my mind, it was completely different to the situations Hodgey was playing last week - there were some subtle, but hugely significant differences in the situations (but I dont want to give all my secrets away ;) ) - of course, I could be wrong - only way we'll know is by looking in the leaderboard at the end of the season..... Do I use the information I know about people that is posted on the forum, when coming to my decisions at the table? Yes, absolutely :ok For example, if I'd come up against the_croc last night - I think I'd have been recklessly aggressive against him - after what he said on his teams forum, I didn't think he could afford to take any chances at all - he was trying to pull his team together a certain way and had to be seen to lead by example - I would have tried to take advantage of that. Do I post misleading information on PL to try and gain an advantage on the table? Not at all - everything I post is done honestly and in good faith. All these sit outs is a really interesting dynamic - it's very very different to normal poker, but it's probably, in a strange way, a more skillful game - trying to adjust to the situation and maximise your performance..... It's one we're all working on, and probably all getting better at - but there's a lot of improvement still possible for all of us.......

Re: e-sports league - CVG Poker Champions :sadSorry guys out already, played 2 hands really badly, dealt aces another ace on the flop and let my opponent catch up to make his straight, so then a lot less chips than the sit-outs, then chased the flush draw made it on the river and got beat by the FH. Feel I let the team down tonight guys should of just waited for the sit-out to go then take it from their. Hopefully the rest of you can repair the damage:hope. by the way nice hands croc:ok

Re: e-sports league - CVG Poker Champions Tough luck, guys. I was nearly out before all the sitous myself. PLRiverDance won EVERY SINGLE HAND on my table. Ridiculous. No matter what I or the other active guy had - not good enough! Never seen anything like it. As soon as he was moved to the other table, I managed to double up and get back in it. :tongue2 Now he's sitting at the FT with a gigantic stack, about 10x my own. Let's see how far I can make my chippies last. 5th out of 6 remaining right now... EDIT: :eyes Make that 6th out of 6 at the break. He who dances just bullied me out of another hand...

Tough luck, guys. I was nearly out before all the sitous myself. PLRiverDance won EVERY SINGLE HAND on my table. Ridiculous. No matter what I or the other active guy had - not good enough! Never seen anything like it. As soon as he was moved to the other table, I managed to double up and get back in it. :tongue2 Now he's sitting at the FT with a gigantic stack, about 10x my own. Let's see how far I can make my chippies last. 5th out of 6 remaining right now... EDIT: :eyes Make that 6th out of 6 at the break. He who dances just bullied me out of another hand...
hang in mate,,you do know who riverdance is dont you?? only are own mr Paul Ross the boss man and he can be one lucky s.o.b. ;)

Re: e-sports league - CVG Poker Champions Out in 5th. Almost all-in on the BB with 87o, so I called the SB's raise to get it over with. She showed 22, and hit another 2. I hit nothing. Had KK on the BB a little earlier, but everyone folded around to me, which was a bit annoying. :(

Re: e-sports league - CVG Poker Champions Pretty ordinary start for me tonight. Had Ace-something or small pocket pair on the first 8 or 9 hands, going 0 for 26 on the flop! Then I FINALLY hit something, but lost with two pairs against better pairs. Raised pre-flop with a couple more pocket pairs, and was re-raised big, so I had to fold. And now I just lost with 2 pairs again. :eyes Did manage to win one hand (on a bluff), so I'm only about 200 short of the sitouts. Hope the rest of you guys are having a little more fun... EDIT: Yesssss! Just doubled up with QQ against the table bully. Flop TT6, and he re-raised me almost all-in. Feared the worst, but he only paired his 6. :tongue2