Boxing: Joe Calzaghe vs Bernard Hopkins - Saturday 19th April

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Boxing: Joe Calzaghe vs Bernard Hopkins - Saturday 19th April

Draw wouldn't surprise me. If this was in the UK I think Joe would have done enough.
Yeah i know what you mean. Even though i've backed Hopkins this fight would love to have rematches of this fight and Hatton and Mayweather in England... or just another referee.

Re: Boxing: Joe Calzaghe vs Bernard Hopkins - Saturday 19th April I can't believe what I'm reading. JC won this hands down. Hopkins got his unexpected 2pt lead and then he hid hoping to hang on. You can't get decisions like that I'm afraid. Hopkins did not do anywhere near enough for this to be a split even. I had JC 3pts clear. And to say it's bent? You must be listening to the useless as ever commentators.

I thought Hopkins edged it to be honest' date=' glad I greened up would have felt robbed imo.[/quote'] :loon You are kidding right, Im not a big Calzaghe fan but Hopkins got what he deserved for his 1 punch style, take the knock down off him and it was easy for Joe, Plus that low blow was a joke and you knew from then that Joe had him and Bernard was in trouble.... A little disraspectful from Bernard at the end :cry

Spot on mate' date=' No danger did Joe take it, i'm in shock, ALL the big shot were landed by hopkins- FACT[/quote'] Stunned. All about opinions I suppose, all I saw was him turning his back. I think Joe won 7 rounds. You have to attack and connect to win rounds, thems the rules. I cannot believe that buffoon Bunce didn't realise Enzo's words at the final break were for motivation. :loon Barry just had to mark his card.

Re: Boxing: Joe Calzaghe vs Bernard Hopkins - Saturday 19th April Got the bet, and Joe won on points He punches from his arms though and not from his shoulders and hips which is worrying in that division Still think Joe won. No doubt Jones Jr fight would worry me a lot for Calzaghy

Think we're all in agreement, Calzaghe to win on pts is the most likely outcome. Not sure 2.04 is value though, at home I would be a big backer of Calzaghe on pts at 4/5. 4/9 to go the distance, again is likely but probably just a notch or three too short. Will mess around for a bit of fun; Calzaghe to win in 7,8,9 (48,32,32 betfair) Pony on each and £75 on the 2.04 pts win to save. Come on Joe!
£3 profit :nana :lol What a shrewdie! I didn't think I would do dough here and was just hoping for a stoppage and a flukey winning bet. I was going to play big on Calzaghe points, just worried about the 'away' factor. Which actually played into Joe's hands, the judges clearly were not impressed by Hopkin's approach.