** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Best Bet of The Day - Monday 11th Feb

bigs

Wolverhampton 17:05 Rapidity WIN I was on it last race, and I was impressed with the run, really I was! I think in this race, 2f more wont be enough to break it! And I think it will take ALL THE BEATING! Have i focused I've been impressed with last run ? :) couldn't find another fancy at a decent price, so :hope for rapidity! :)

Re: Best Bet of The Day - Monday 11th Feb My bet of the day is : BUCEPHALUS 1.40 PLUMPTON ( O.5 E/W )..The selection is having it's first run over hurdles and can make a bold show against mediocre opposition.Bucephalus had the best form on the flat and will have been well schooled for his debut by Jonjo O'Neill.The front 2 in the market have been far from impressive with their hurdling so far and the tip has been given an easy introduction.Jockey,Mick Fitzgerald has a good strike rate at Plumpton(25%)..:ok

Re: Best Bet of The Day - Monday 11th Feb Onefourfun 3.40 Wetherby. 1 point win. Improving type who already has the form to go well in context with today's race. No trip and ground concerns, so with should at least run to his recent best, and with the probability of more to come, he could be a tough nut to crack. Trainer Charlie Longsdon very astute and looks to have placed this one well again today. Should run well.

Re: Best Bet of The Day - Monday 11th Feb 130 Wetherby : Sharp Dresser 1pt win I very rarely get involved in horses on their debut but at a price around 10/11 at the moment for what i see as a two horse race is decent enough to tempt me. Rated a good stone above his main rival on the flat and from a yard that continues to thrive, also has some success with horses running after a lay off which is the key here. All those with form are sellers at best and Sharp Dresser was second at Sandown and then won at Bath, I see its been entered in the Triumph Hurdle too, not saying its that good but hey, this a very poor novice at Wetherby on a Monday.

Re: Best Bet of The Day - Monday 11th Feb 2.40 Plumpton - Verasi, 1 point to win. Not very original, I'm afraid, picking an odds-on shot in a 5 runner race, but I do think it's a value bet. Verasi is a Grade 2 winner over fences at Lingfield in December, in his last 3 novice chases he's beaten Labelthou, who went on to win a Grade 2 hurdle, he's been pipped by Lead On, who went on to win a grade 2 chase, and he's twice beaten Old Benny who finished 2nd to Ornais in the big novice race at Newbury on saturday. Verasi's form looks rock solid If he had an 'Official Rating' it would be in the 140s which compares to 116 and 110 for his main rivals today. Even giving them 10lbs, he's lumps in at the weights. LTO he won on a lefthand, sharp track at Warwick, similar to Plumpton His best form is on soft to heavy ground, but good to soft should be OK for him. He should be 3/1 on today, but there's money for the Nicholls horse which is letting Verasi drift and he might well only just be odds on. I can't see the attraction of the Nicholls horse apart from the trainers name. I think Burren Legend at around 7/1 is a bigger danger than the Nicholls one. So........I reckon we've got a false second favourite making the favourite a value bet.

Re: Best Bet of The Day - Monday 11th Feb This one is original.. :lol:lol:lol 0.50p EW bet

Selection Scuze me (Each-Way)
Strength 1/10
Date 11/02/2008
Bookmaker/Price Betfred @ 151.00 (Back)
Reasoning Meeting - Wetherby Time - 3.05 Selection - Scuze Me Funny enough, No paper gives this one a prayer today, but I had it down as one to watch out for so Im going to stick with it and have a cut today. It ran on well enough when finishing a well beaten 4th at Catterick LTO but that day, the winner Devilfishpoker.Com set a massive gallop and gave everything else too much to do. An 11 length win resulted but Scuze Me finished just 6 lengths of the second place and as a 125/1 outsider ran above itself to be fair in only its second hurdle race. Improvement for those runs are still possible and although uip in grade, there is nothing here that it could really fear too much. Its virtually the same standard to an improving runner. Im going to stick with it today for a minimum EW bet

Re: Best Bet of The Day - Monday 11th Feb 3.40 Wetherby - Astronomic E/W Beaten by a short head to Hernando's Boy, who is running off far bigger weight mark today (or better said without the 5lbs claimer) than the last effort. On a short head to the good and solid Mohayer, who finished 2nd after that and 4th in the big weekend race. Not to mention the horse is capable of doing a lot more if back to his best and the way he stayed on lto on the soft ground is a good sign and gives a promise. A better ground will take the best out of him today and top yard always a plus. I expect improvement from this one and a run for my money with the very good Denis O'Regan on board.

Re: Best Bet of The Day - Monday 11th Feb Wetherby 4:45 Murphys Beau Has a good price in this open looking bumpe event. The shortest price offered for anyone is 11-2 so I think Murphys Beau's chances is great here. He ran to finish just a head short to get 2nd last time (10 days ago) not getting past the 8-11 favorite that day. The effort was good an did notthing wrong to lose that day. Trainer Mrs S J Smith prepared him well for last time after not being raced since last October. This is the first time time on Good to Soft going but I think he can handle it - debut on Good (5th of 13, beaten by 9.50) and last time on Soft (2nd of 8, beaten by a head). 5pts ew @ 9-1 Coral

Re: Best Bet of The Day - Monday 11th Feb 4.35 Wolverhampton...Hatch A Plan WIN Only one run over this CD and that was on 4th January when he beat the progressive Glenridding who has since gone on to win 2 races well and get beaten into second L.T.O. H.A.P got beat L.T.O at kempton but im willing to give him one more chance at these weights.

Re: Best Bet of The Day - Monday 11th Feb W5.05 Hellfire Bay 0.5pt E/W Agree with the guys who reckon Rapidity should win but it's no price under a double penalty and there may be an some each way value with Hellfire Bay at around 8/1. Has run well here on his only visit when staying on so should appreciate being upped in distance. Stable also in good form so I would think it's in with a good chance of making the frame.