** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Best Bet of the day - Sunday 10th Feb

bigs

Re: Best Bet of the day - Sunday 10th Feb My bet of the day is : DREAM ALLIANCE 3.00 EXETER (1.0 WIN )..A good opportunity for the tip to "open his account for the season".He is clear of the opposition on speed rating figures and the ground/trip will pose no problems.He did put in a below par run last time out but blinkers are put on today and hopefully they will sharpen him up.His seasonal debut at Newbury saw him finish 10L behind Denman and a repeat of that will guarantee a trip to the winners enclosure..9/4 on offer this morning..:ok:ok

Re: Best Bet of the day - Sunday 10th Feb

SportHorse Racing
Event4.35 Exeter
SelectionCalgary Bay
Strength10/10
Date10/02/2008
Bookmaker/PriceSportingbet @ 2.25 (Back)
ReasoningLooks nap material today against this crowd. Should be suited by the track having won at Cheltenham previously. Its 3rd in the Tolworth is solid form & i expect it to be odds on at SP.

Event Exeter 4.35
Selection Dynamic Leap (Each-Way)
Strength 2/10
Date 10/02/2008
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 26.00 (Back)
Reasoning Meeting - Exeter Time - 4.35 Selection - dynmaic leap Expect more money to go down on this one. Has been really well backed in both its starts to date in bumpers so its not like this does not have some sprinkling of class. Switched to hurdles and with softer ground underneath it, I feel this one could be one to watch out for. Jonjo O Neill doesnt do bad horses....

Re: Best Bet of the day - Sunday 10th Feb Hereford-2:20 Folie Dancer Well tested by connections having her run at Newbury (Bumbper), Sandown and Haydock (Both hurdles). She has also been raced against some good runners with the likes of County Zen, Evelith Echo, and Hell's Bay - she was beaten a total of 7 lengths by those three. That was her hurdle debut at Sandown (Class 3) which was followed by her latest run, 42 days ago where she won by 4 lengths as the 2-1 second favorite. I do not believe anyone here today can be able to stay close to her based on her career efforts. 10pts win @ 9-4 Sportingbet

Re: Best Bet of the day - Sunday 10th Feb Leop 3.50 The Listener 1 pt win Drying ground perhaps not completely ideal at the moment but I still think it will be soft enough. May not truly stay 3m on its favoured heavy ground but on ground like this it may just and for me is the horse in the race with the best in form credentials. Snowy Morning still has a bit to prove over fences, BOS surely a bit too much of a plodder these days but then again it is in Ireland, Nickname needs soft and stamina doubts so for me The Listener has a stand out chance of what would be a deserved win in the race.

Re: Best Bet of the day - Sunday 10th Feb 320 Hereford : Potts Of Magic 1pt win A 4 mile handicap full of exposed stayers and not many in with a real chance in reality. Potts Of Magic has improvement to come as he's a stone below his rating over hurdles and last time at Leiceter looked to have got the knack of jumping fences, if he can put it all together he could win this comfortably and with both the trainer and jockey in good form maybe now is the time to get on this one at a fair price.

Re: Best Bet of the day - Sunday 10th Feb 2.15 Leopardstown..... ForPaddythePlasterer WIN I think this horse is better than both Cork all star and Whatuthink. Could be the top nivice hurdler in Ireland if I take earlier reports on face value, have him backed antepost for cheltenham and if he is gonna win there I think he's gotta win this. Whatuthink got first run on him the last day and he just couldnt get to him and he soundly beat Cork all Star.

Re: Best Bet of the day - Sunday 10th Feb 2.30 Exeter Working title 1pt win hard race to have your best bet of day in I know, but we all know how good Henderson's Novice hurdlers have been so far this year and this horse could be as good as the best of the them. Absoltuley hacked up first time over hurdles and the odds on favourite which was 25 lenghts back in second was decent yardstick. Hard say how much improvement this horse needs to win a hot race like this but could be a class based on that run and worth taking a punt on today.

Re: Best Bet of the day - Sunday 10th Feb 3.40 Kempton A very open contest for this Class 6 handicap, over 6f, with 12 runners. Going 7/1 the field with many in with chances. I'm opposing last weeks bet Kempsey as I think it is better over 5f, Littledodayno is dismissed with jockey booking and revised mark, whilst Arfinnit often struggles to break well which will be a problem today. Chatshow is frustrating whilst Unlimited doesn't settle very well so I'm having a go on a slightly bigger priced EW shot in: Hollow Jo (11/1 Corals) - Conditions look spot on for a big run today. Loves Kempton, and is back here after a couple of poorish efforts elsewhere. Also back to its grade, Class 6, and has its fav jockey on board. Record in Class 5 or 6, over 5f or 6f, at Kempton with todays jockey reads 2nd of 12 at 16/1, 1st of 12 at 14/1, 1st of 9 at 5/2, 1st of 9 at 4/1 and 4th of 13 at 7/1. More stats to follow, 3 wins and 2 2nds from 12 at Kempton, 8 wins from 24 over 6f, 7 wins & 5 places from 24 with todays jockey on board, and 8 wins / 5 places from just 18 races in this grade, compared with 3 wins / 4 places from 39 starts in higher grades. This is a competitive heat, but I feel that everyone is right today for a big, big run whilst others have question marks hanging over them. Really nice EW bet. EW

Re: Best Bet of the day - Sunday 10th Feb 4.35 Exeter - Spare Cash E/W Small loss if only placed. I think Spare Cash is just around the corner to win a novices hurdle. He lost againt very decent sorts. Carruthers and What A Friend the first time. Then again behind What a Friend and then found Hold Em too good. But always 2,3 lengths away. Carruthers has 2nd, 1st, 1st in his next races. What a Friend and Hold Em have other wins and their latest effort was finishing 2nd and 3rd to Aigle D'Or. So Spare Cash for me lost all his 3 races aginst one of the best novices this season. He will face another one of those in Calgary Bay today, but the fav will carry 11-11 on the soft ground and Spare Cash gets 7lbs off him. I think Choc Thornton can win on him today. 3/1 still representing a value for me.

Re: Best Bet of the day - Sunday 10th Feb Prince Erik 3.15 Leopardstown (EACH WAY) Quote:

Beaten about 8 lengths on hurdles debut on heavy ground behind Beau Michael but was making some progress. Won on good to firm on the flat, will come on loads for that first run which was in Grade 3 company and entered on 24/01/08.
Went on and won its next race as predicted and was quite well fancied on the day. The stats and trends say it can't win today, no 4 yr old has won this race in the last 10 years. It has been won 5 times by 6yr olds, 3 times by 7yr olds and 2 winners at 8yr old. It jumped better last race and despite hitting a flat spot it picked up again to draw clear at the end of the race. Improving and at 12-1 is worth trying to defy those trends.

Exeter 14:00 Oh Crick WIN It's predicted to be 2/1 from SL which I think is too much! Won easily LTO, it's down in weights, it's improving and I think it's one step further that every other horse in the race :) :hope
Good call Bigs....:clap:clap

Exeter 14:00 Oh Crick WIN It's predicted to be 2/1 from SL which I think is too much! Won easily LTO, it's down in weights, it's improving and I think it's one step further that every other horse in the race :) :hope
2.15 Leopardstown..... ForPaddythePlasterer WIN I think this horse is better than both Cork all star and Whatuthink. Could be the top nivice hurdler in Ireland if I take earlier reports on face value, have him backed antepost for cheltenham and if he is gonna win there I think he's gotta win this. Whatuthink got first run on him the last day and he just couldnt get to him and he soundly beat Cork all Star.
A good start to the day.:clap:clap

Group Captain 2.30 Exeter. 1 point win. Overall make up loks good to take this race, and with oly one 'live' danger the odds suggest a win much more than a lay.
How far??? Class performance and another winner for Best Bet Of The Day. :ok

My bet of the day is : DREAM ALLIANCE 3.00 EXETER (1.0 WIN )..A good opportunity for the tip to "open his account for the season".He is clear of the opposition on speed rating figures and the ground/trip will pose no problems.He did put in a below par run last time out but blinkers are put on today and hopefully they will sharpen him up.His seasonal debut at Newbury saw him finish 10L behind Denman and a repeat of that will guarantee a trip to the winners enclosure..9/4 on offer this morning..:ok:ok
Unlucky when it had the race won ... Also killed my double with Oh Crick ...:wall and possibly my 25/1 treble with oh crick and calgary bay ...

320 Hereford : Potts Of Magic 1pt win A 4 mile handicap full of exposed stayers and not many in with a real chance in reality. Potts Of Magic has improvement to come as he's a stone below his rating over hurdles and last time at Leiceter looked to have got the knack of jumping fences, if he can put it all together he could win this comfortably and with both the trainer and jockey in good form maybe now is the time to get on this one at a fair price.
Very unlucky with this one mate - I think it was all down to the 2 jockeys at the end and the stronger one got up. H4.25 Jupon Vert 0.5pt E/W The trainer usually employs claiming riders so it's interesting that he's got Tom Scu on board here. The ground looks quite testing at Hereford which should suit, price around 14/1 looks worth an e/w punt.