African Nations Cup 2008

Re: Africa Cup of Nations - semis 7/2 I think the Egypt result goes to show something that a lot of people forget with football; its a team game. Having a smattering of superstars doesn't guarantee you anything if you come up against a well-drilled team, well done Egypt. Now got to lay off my bet on Cameroon I had pre-tournament, happy days :dude

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Africa Cup of Nations - semis 7/2 Well done to Egypt!! I only saw the first half so cant commet fully on the performance The result of 4-1 certainnly stuns me, Egypt really are a true enigma and very hard to predict IMO. You never know what your going to get with them!! Fcuk knows who will win the final, I'll make sure I cover my Cameroon outright bet anyway. From that point of view Egypt winning this match was a good thing, although I did of course lose my IC bet

Re: Africa Cup of Nations - semis 7/2

Well done to Egypt!! I only saw the first half so cant commet fully on the performance The result of 4-1 certainnly stuns me, Egypt really are a true enigma and very hard to predict IMO. You never know what your going to get with them!! Fcuk knows who will win the final, I'll make sure I cover my Cameroon outright bet anyway. From that point of view Egypt winning this match was a good thing, although I did of course lose my IC bet
Well, the IC were never at the races, bar some minutes after the 2-1 goal. Sure, they looked a better team playing some flowing footy in the first, but as I wrote in my first post in this thread, the main problem of the IC was when they faced well organised teams - 70 minutes in the quarters was a struggle to break the defence and the same repeated yesterday, only with a much worse outcome for them. The scoreline - you can discout the fourth goal by Egypt as at that time IC were simply not playing at all (and were lucky not to concede one more a minute later). But then you can easily discout at least two IC goals in the QF as the opposition simply gave up as well. IC were simply frustrated that things didn't go to plan and we not able to do anything about it. Now, on Saturday, anything can happen in the 3rd/4th spot match but I fully expect Ghana to be the team who wants to win it more in front of the home crowd. And IC will still be full of frustration and I don't expect them to give it all. Maybe a small stake on the red in the match - the striker on the right deserved it already in the first half against Egypt and if he plays again and will be full of frustration... have seen reds in much more meaningless games. On Sunday, BF's 1.75 for Egypt to lift the trophy looks good enough - the Cameroonians we fooked at the end of the semi, no Bikey, and beaten by Egypt by two goals in the group - btw, two years ago Egypt beat IC in the group by two and beat them again in the final in ET. Can history repeat itself? I bet it can... ehm, at these odds:D

Re: Africa Cup of Nations - semis 7/2 Do you think an Over 2.5 could be interesting for Ghana-IC? should be an open match where every teams will think to DO FOTBALL! For final match i think Egypt has demostrated to be a team without BIG NAME but a real TEAM! good quality and every players in their position on court.

African Nations Cup 3rd place game & Final (9-10 Feb 08)

Saturday 9 February 2008 Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Ghana v Côte d'Ivoire (17:00GMT) 2.56 3.45 3.10 100% Details »
Hide « Ghana v Côte d'Ivoire
Sunday 10 February 2008 Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Egypt v Cameroon (17:00GMT) 2.51 3.35 3.15 101% Details »

Re: African Nations Cup 3rd place game & Final (9-10 Feb 08) Ghana (0) AH @ 1.82 Pinnacle 3/10 Well I say it every 2 years, but again I must say that I find a 3rd placed play off in this CAN absolutely pointless and pretty much a waste of time. But still the chance is there for us to bet on the game. In actual fact I do fancy Ghana quite strongly in this, largely because they are the host nation and there is more expectation on them to perform. Their fans will still turn up to support the team despite seeing them go out at the semi final stage. Ghana fought hard and were perhaps unlucky against Cameroon, badly missing their captain John Mensah. Coach, Claude Le Roy is expected to be offered a new contract which is a surprise, so he will want to end this tournament on a high note and put more effort into the match. For the Ivory Coast, well I feel this might be a chance to rest some players and give some other players in the squad a chance. I think for the elephants its going to be more difficult to be motivated, especially after having suffered so badly against Egypt. Anything can happen in these sort of games so probably the most sensible option is to take the 0AH line, and also to stake fairly small.

Re: African Nations Cup 3rd place game & Final (9-10 Feb 08) Meaty any chance you have squad info relating primarily to IC... I know that Ghana have el capo back but I am looking for some info relating to possible choices for IC forwards (obviously looking at overs for the match) however leaning more and more to your bet, still exploring options... any help would be great...:ok

Re: African Nations Cup 3rd place game & Final (9-10 Feb 08) Do you think an Over 2.5 could be interesting for Ghana-IC? should be an open match where every teams will think to DO FOTBALL! For final match i think Egypt has demostrated to be a team without BIG NAME but a real TEAM! good quality and every players in their position on court.

Re: African Nations Cup 3rd place game & Final (9-10 Feb 08) I've changed my mind... not worrying about overs any more... with Ghana's captain back (I'm sure as he was sus during their loss to the Roon's he will be more than pumped to keep it tight at the back). Ghana's def has been fairly tip top this tourney and they will have a whole lot more to play for generally than IC (Drogba may as well be back on a plane thinking about Sunday's L'pool match). Either way Me thinks your spot on as you are more often than not :tongue2

Re: African Nations Cup 2008 - Outright Ok I layed off my Cameroon outright bet so I'm now guaranteed +14 pts if Cameroon win the final and +10 pts if Egypt win it. I didn't make things exactly equal because I still feel as if Cameroon can lift the trophy, and of course with them being my initial selection, I'd better keep some faith. The Eto'o top goalscorer bet is a bit more complicated. I layed him off to guarantee me +10 if if wasn't outright or joint top scorer. I'll gain +16 if he does end outright on his own. Then with the complicated DH rules I'd be +7pts if he shared the outright with one other person and just +5pts if 3 people shared top spot. So the worst result for me would be for Hosni, Zaki and Eto'o all the be joint top on say 5 or 6 goals each. Still it's pleasing to go into the final knowing that I can't possibly lose anything and can only gain some profit :dude

Re: African Nations Cup 2008 - Outright My pick for today in the African Nations Cup final: Cameroon-Egypt: Cameroon had 6 overs in their last 10 and scored in 8 of their last 10 games. Egypt had 7 overs in their last 10 and scored in 9 of their last 10 games. Not much of defensive worries and tactics in African Football so I see good value in the over 2.5 bet at this price (2.21). My pick: >2.5; Good luck! JC

Re: African Nations Cup 2008 - Outright Does it hurt your eyes whenever you venture out of that darkened room Meatman? :rollin only messin' mate! well done on all your picks in this tournament, they've been top drawer!!! :ok

Ok I layed off my Cameroon outright bet so I'm now guaranteed +14 pts if Cameroon win the final and +10 pts if Egypt win it. I didn't make things exactly equal because I still feel as if Cameroon can lift the trophy, and of course with them being my initial selection, I'd better keep some faith. The Eto'o top goalscorer bet is a bit more complicated. I layed him off to guarantee me +10 if if wasn't outright or joint top scorer. I'll gain +16 if he does end outright on his own. Then with the complicated DH rules I'd be +7pts if he shared the outright with one other person and just +5pts if 3 people shared top spot. So the worst result for me would be for Hosni, Zaki and Eto'o all the be joint top on say 5 or 6 goals each. Still it's pleasing to go into the final knowing that I can't possibly lose anything and can only gain some profit :dude

Re: African Nations Cup 3rd place game & Final (9-10 Feb 08) Egypt - Cameroon ---------------- I think Egypt is highly underestimated here although being the favourite. I saw Cameroon 0-1 win against Ghana and it's not a lie to say that they were lucky to win it (and my judgemend isn't clouded as I didn't bet on that game). The game was all Ghana in the attacking end as Cameroon had a highly defensive tactics. In the end it came down to poor finishing and the decision to play Essien as a defender. I haven't seen Egypt play but judging by the results and what I've heard they are easily the best team in this competition. Most of the teams have only one or few big names that are expected to make the difference and with unexperienced (and very hot minded) players around them those teams often fail to make it. In tonight's game many are way too focused in the fact that Cameroon has Eto'o (saw many odds for him to score under 3.00, what a joke) but the fact is that Cameroon will very likely to play very defensive again and he will be left in the shadows as in the Ghana match. I'm not saying that Egypt will win for sure but odds around 2.50 are being thrown around and I wouldn't miss those as they are just plainly way too big, I think bookies are trying to trick pl to believing something that isn't there. Egypt already beat them 4-2, wouldn't be surprised to see an another easy win. Also took Egypt to score @1.34 from betfair, can't see Cameroon making it far with a clean sheet. Best of luck everyone :ok

Re: African Nations Cup 3rd place game & Final (9-10 Feb 08) Well, the first half looked good, actually really good, but still 0-0. Egypt missing three excellent chances, first an empty netter after Cameroon goalie fell and kicked the ball straight to Egypt player but he shot it over. Second the Cameroon goalie punched a great shot away from goal to another Egypts player who once again missed upstairs. In third chance Cameroons offside trap fell apart and Egypt player 1 on one with goalie, a slighlty better result comparing to shooting over as he shot the ball straight to the goalie. Wow, now that I think of it could be easily 2-0, 3-0 with no sweat what so ever. Hopefully things go the same way in the second half, difference being that Egypt finds the net... I have a bad feeling about this, no good comes to a team that wastes so many excellent scoring chances, what an awful way to lose a bet it would be :\ EDIT: 1-0 Egypt wins, very lucky (although Zidan did great) gift goal for them but also totally deserved as Cameroon was many levels below Egypt in this game, although they somehow almost escaped with a draw in regular time.

Re: African Nations Cup 2008 - Outright

My pick for today in the African Nations Cup final: Cameroon-Egypt: Cameroon had 6 overs in their last 10 and scored in 8 of their last 10 games. Egypt had 7 overs in their last 10 and scored in 9 of their last 10 games. Not much of defensive worries and tactics in African Football so I see good value in the over 2.5 bet at this price (2.21). My pick: >2.5; lost Good luck! JC
Several scoring opportunities but only one goal :\...

• 3 weeks later...