** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

African Nations Cup 2008

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: African Cup of Nations - Quarter Finals (3-4 Feb 08)

Egypt - Angola... any suggestion?
angola be the impressive team now but they could be without duo midfield andre and gilberto are both struggling injuries (andre could be in lines up but not 100% ) meanwhile on the other side Champions Egypt will be at full strength they face Angola in the African Nations Cup quarter-finals in Kumasi on Monday. Egypt coach Hassan Shehata has the luxury of selection options now that midfielder Mohamed Aboutrika has returned to full fitness and will be confident for angola It is however, in defence that Egypt will need to be at their best in order to contain the potent Angolan attack. Hamburg striker M.Zidane expected to start after being rested , i think this will be very tough game for angola Egypt -0.5 AH

Re: African Cup of Nations - Quarter Finals (3-4 Feb 08) Cameroon -0.25 AH @ 1.81 Pinnacle 6/10 Well I honestly believe Cameroon are 2nd favourites to win this CAN now behind the Ivory Coast. If they can win this match then I don’t see any reason why they cant get past Ghana and into the final. Cameroon were awful in their first 45 minuets of the tournament against Egypt but have since been excellent and should be too strong for Tunisia. Group D was a bit of a poor group IMO and none of the teams really impressed me in it. Tunisia were 2nd best against Senegal and were perhaps even fortunate to beat South Africa. The Angola match cant even be considered much because both teams just played ugly to get the draw. I’ve seen enough holes in their defence which Cameroon should exploit. The likes of Samuel Eto’o should be able to hit the net a few times. The Tunisia attack force hasn’t really impressive me much. They have some decent moments of skill and pace but not enough substantially. I honestly think there is quite a bit of difference between these 2 teams and Cameroon should end up getting the win. Just in case the match is tighter than expected, its probably best to play the -0.25 AH line, but I think bookies have them overpriced here. As for Egypt - Angola I actually fancy a draw in this one. Egypt now need to show the form they did against Cameroon, since then they haven't been good enough. Angola I still don't rate much, but luck seems to be with them in this tournament. There's always a surprise somewhere and this could be it IMO. But still I dont have the balls to back them because technically Egypt are better. Angola also had problem sagainst SA and Tunisia, both of whom had some decent skill and pace. Egypt are similar (and better) so maybe they will struggle again?

Re: African Cup of Nations - Quarter Finals (3-4 Feb 08) Everyone seems to know that egypt and cameroon are going to win tonight. whenever that happens i usually stay away from betting. So i advice to go for TO QUALIFY bets on both. Maybe a MONDAY DOUBLE so as to get better odds. I hope both games get decided in ET, so i can sit and grin. GOOD LUCK. :ok

Re: African Cup of Nations - Quarter Finals (3-4 Feb 08) :( Not very nice that play2win! PL is for us all to gain some valuable information and also give valuable information in the form of picks. If you can't be civil with your posts don't post at all.

Everyone seems to know that egypt and cameroon are going to win tonight. whenever that happens i usually stay away from betting. So i advice to go for TO QUALIFY bets on both. Maybe a MONDAY DOUBLE so as to get better odds. I hope both games get decided in ET, so i can sit and grin. GOOD LUCK. :ok

Re: African Cup of Nations - Quarter Finals (3-4 Feb 08) To me, I think Egypt has the better chance of advancing in 90 minutes of all 4 teams playing tonight. Our team is at full strength (no injuries or suspensions) and Shehata is likely to filed the same starting XI he did against Cameroon & Sudan. Angola are a good team and I think I mentioned that before, but they have 2 disadvantages: 1- They're inexperienced. Although they have played in the last WC, this is their 1st Q-final in any major tournament. 2- Their 3 most influential players are (in order, IMHO): Manucho (Man Utd), Flavio (Ahli - Egypt) & Gilberto (Ahli - Egypt). As you can see, both Flavio & Gilberto play in the EGyptian league, and are well known inside out to most players in the Egyptian squad (since most of them are also from the Egyptian league as well). So, for example, Flavio will not have much to surprise "colleague" El-Hadary, and Wael Goma'a (Siliya - Qatar) has been a player in Ahli for as long as Flavio has been (minus the last 4 months). Needless to say, our back line still worries us all (the local fans), but it looks to me that our strikershave been doing great (for the 1st time for as long as I can remember, Egypt has a STRONG striking force) Cameroon are likely to finish off Tunisia as well, but I know the Tunisians well enough to know they will be defending and relying on counters, plus as long as they are level (or surprisingly alead) they'd be wasting time like no other team in the world can, with any tackle.. or even with no tackle at all someone will roll on the ground. Cameroon's weakest point is their "slow" build up (as opposed to that of -say- Cote d'Ivoire. This allows for teams like Tunisia (and Egypt) to reorganise their defence before they get exposed. Having said that, Pfister is a FOX, and I'm sure he will surprise us with "something"... but what exactly?? I dunno (otherwise it won't be a surprise, would it??) *LOL*

Cameroon -0.25 AH @ 1.81 Pinnacle 6/10 Well I honestly believe Cameroon are 2nd favourites to win this CAN now behind the Ivory Coast. If they can win this match then I don’t see any reason why they cant get past Ghana and into the final. Cameroon were awful in their first 45 minuets of the tournament against Egypt but have since been excellent and should be too strong for Tunisia. Group D was a bit of a poor group IMO and none of the teams really impressed me in it. Tunisia were 2nd best against Senegal and were perhaps even fortunate to beat South Africa. The Angola match cant even be considered much because both teams just played ugly to get the draw. I’ve seen enough holes in their defence which Cameroon should exploit. The likes of Samuel Eto’o should be able to hit the net a few times. The Tunisia attack force hasn’t really impressive me much. They have some decent moments of skill and pace but not enough substantially. I honestly think there is quite a bit of difference between these 2 teams and Cameroon should end up getting the win. Just in case the match is tighter than expected, its probably best to play the -0.25 AH line, but I think bookies have them overpriced here. As for Egypt - Angola I actually fancy a draw in this one. Egypt now need to show the form they did against Cameroon, since then they haven't been good enough. Angola I still don't rate much, but luck seems to be with them in this tournament. There's always a surprise somewhere and this could be it IMO. But still I dont have the balls to back them because technically Egypt are better. Angola also had problem sagainst SA and Tunisia, both of whom had some decent skill and pace. Egypt are similar (and better) so maybe they will struggle again?
There is no reason to suggest why Egypt won't show there form in this one, they have had a good tournament after the Cameroon win taking care of poor Sudan and "settling" for a draw in the Zambia game to get thru while resting players. So far so good for Egypt and they should win today, Egypt should give Angola problems with there skill and Egypt will be the best team Angola have played so far by a pretty comfortable margain. I expect Egypt's class to show here as this is obviously a must win game. PICK EGYPT -0.5 :hope Correct Score EGYPT 2-0 :hope GL TO ALL

Re: African Cup of Nations - Quarter Finals (3-4 Feb 08) My original thoughts were draws in both games tonight, 0-0 with Egypt and 1-1 with Tunisia. It happens often in the knock out stage, not just in this Cup. Second, in both games both Tunisia and Angola are slightly underestimated and especially Tunisia should improve defensively by trying to keep it real tight against Eto'o and Co. Eto'o is lethal when good providing is available and if Tunisia go out with that in mind his efficiency might be low. Angola proved to be good in defence and dangerous on breaks. Both games therefore are more likely to go Under, but as I do not bet on Unders a better bet to me looks Tunisia + 0,5 at 1,84 and Angola +0,5 at 2,05. On the other hand draws being 3,25 and 3,40 are more tempting - if only one comes out, a certain profit is home. Don't want to risk much cash here tonight, so will place my bets just before the first game, hopefully more people will give opinions.

Re: African Cup of Nations - Quarter Finals (3-4 Feb 08) Angola +0.5 The pressure would be on Egypt to beat Angola in this match. I would take a Angola @ +0.5 reason being Angola have all the potential to be a surprise package in this year's tournament. They welcome back Paulo Figueredo, a player missing in the last two matches due to injury and that should stregthen a team already showing a lot of potential. A worry for them would be Egypt reinstating Zidan in midfield after the midfielder sat out all but 5 mins of their last group match. The Angolans look organized and discipline and this may be what is required against a much more superior Egyptians. Cameroon -0.5 I believe Cameroon has picked themselves up from a slow start to the tournament. Samuel Etoo have been very critical to their good football in their last two matches and tonight wouldn't be any different.

Re: African Cup of Nations - Quarter Finals (3-4 Feb 08) Egypt vs Angola: Correct score 2-1 or 3-1 While I firmly believe Egypt is still a class above Angola, I suspect we will concede once. The starting XI have been announced a few minutes ago, and Shady Mohammad is starting instead of Fat'halla (i.e. same defence that faced Zambia). Abu Treika is starting on the expense of Zidan, which is also a strange choice by Shehata. Well, at least Abd Rabbo is still in the line-up! *Sigh* It won't be easy for the frontline because Abu Treika -while skillful- is "slow" with the ball, while our defence will most likely look like Goma'a marking Manucho, Shady marking Flavio, and Hani Sa'eed marking Shady! *Smirk* Still... Sayyed Mo'awwad (left back) has the potential to do a massive contribution, unless Gilberto is thrown at him in which case Angoal's left side will come tumbling down to Egypt's right side with Fat'hi, Abd Rabbo and probably Abu Treika taking the advantage. If Gilberto starts LEFT with Angola, Sayyed Moa'wwad has noone to stop him. So, one side will be a stalement, another will be dominated by Egypt.

Egypt vs Angola: Correct score 2-1 or 3-1 While I firmly believe Egypt is still a class above Angola, I suspect we will concede once. The starting XI have been announced a few minutes ago, and Shady Mohammad is starting instead of Fat'halla (i.e. same defence that faced Zambia). Abu Treika is starting on the expense of Zidan, which is also a strange choice by Shehata. Well, at least Abd Rabbo is still in the line-up! *Sigh* It won't be easy for the frontline because Abu Treika -while skillful- is "slow" with the ball, while our defence will most likely look like Goma'a marking Manucho, Shady marking Flavio, and Hani Sa'eed marking Shady! *Smirk* Still... Sayyed Mo'awwad (left back) has the potential to do a massive contribution, unless Gilberto is thrown at him in which case Angoal's left side will come tumbling down to Egypt's right side with Fat'hi, Abd Rabbo and probably Abu Treika taking the advantage. If Gilberto starts LEFT with Angola, Sayyed Moa'wwad has noone to stop him. So, one side will be a stalement, another will be dominated by Egypt.
Taking the two games tonight step by step, First got my single on Egypt :hope then IF I win that I will place a bet on the second game, not been that successful in recent bets so lets hope it turns around for me tonight. ( Cant believe Zidan has been left out of the startin line up ) Good Luck :tongue2

Re: African Cup of Nations - Quarter Finals (3-4 Feb 08) My simple analysis and pick for the Camerron-Tunisia game: - Both teams scored in 8 of their last 10 games; - IMO all the games in this competition so far have confirmed that African football is still all about the joy of playing and scoring goals. There's not much concern about tactics and defensive play in general even in quarterfinal games. My pick: >2.25 Good luck! JC

Taking the two games tonight step by step, First got my single on Egypt :hope then IF I win that I will place a bet on the second game, not been that successful in recent bets so lets hope it turns around for me tonight. ( Cant believe Zidan has been left out of the startin line up ) Good Luck :tongue2
One down, well one Egypt :D

Re: African Cup of Nations - Quarter Finals (3-4 Feb 08) Well, Shady has delivered as promissed, and could have cost us another TWO! Nice going, lad. It's about time our retired, btw. This will be DEFINATELY the end of your International career! But the forcasted correct score has come in, which covered for another bet on Meteb to sore (looks likely he won't be scoring in this tournament). My next bet... Cote d'Ivoire to walk all over us. 0-2 if they "go easy" on us.. and could be up to 0-6 if they wanted to demonstrate the gap between them and the rest of the continent. As for Cameroon... they will advance, but whether it will be inside the 90 minutes is yet to be seen. Now excuse me while I weep over our pathetic performance.

Re: African Cup of Nations - Quarter Finals (3-4 Feb 08) Tunisia is most likely to sit back and counter, m friend. The line-ups have just been confirmed and Tunisia is playing a 4-4-2 formation, while Cameroon looks likely to play a 4-3-3 (Idrissou is starting as a 3rd striker). However, Pfister is keeping a nice trump on the bench in Job. It looks to me that Cameroon will be looking to finish the game early while Tunisia are -as ever- going to kill the game. I've just placed a bet on cameroon outright in a big combo (with very little stakes, mind you, as it's a bet for fun only). The other 8 selections on that accy are from tonight's NBA games, so there'sless than a 2% probability it will collect anyways! LOL

Tunisia is most likely to sit back and counter, m friend. The line-ups have just been confirmed and Tunisia is playing a 4-4-2 formation, while Cameroon looks likely to play a 4-3-3 (Idrissou is starting as a 3rd striker). However, Pfister is keeping a nice trump on the bench in Job. It looks to me that Cameroon will be looking to finish the game early while Tunisia are -as ever- going to kill the game. I've just placed a bet on cameroon outright in a big combo (with very little stakes, mind you, as it's a bet for fun only). The other 8 selections on that accy are from tonight's NBA games, so there'sless than a 2% probability it will collect anyways! LOL
Thanks mate for all your information, you helped me win in my Egypt single so thank you for that also :ok Think I'll go with the Cameroon single, good luck :hope

Re: African Cup of Nations - Quarter Finals (3-4 Feb 08) The Tunisian guy Ben Saada has every chance to play in a better club than Bastia, well impressed with him. Another good player is Jemaa, no wonder Jose M was following him. A well deserved draw for Tunisia as Cameroon completely lost control of the game after it got to 2-1 and especially in the second half. Made a small profit also as my stakes here are not bi.g JC, great pick on the Over, congratulations, you did well in Portugal tonight, happy for you...

Re: African Cup of Nations - Quarter Finals (3-4 Feb 08) Oh, well.. not a biggie. that sums up my punting for the night, and probably for the tournament (I won't be beting against Egypt, and I just know any money ON Egypt is lost money). I suggest they hand the cup to Cote d'Ivoire already. The other 3 semi-finalists can play ir between themselves to decide 2nd, 3rd and 4tyh places.

My simple analysis and pick for the Camerron-Tunisia game: - Both teams scored in 8 of their last 10 games; - IMO all the games in this competition so far have confirmed that African football is still all about the joy of playing and scoring goals. There's not much concern about tactics and defensive play in general even in quarterfinal games. My pick: >2.25 won Good luck! JC
:ok
The Tunisian guy Ben Saada has every chance to play in a better club than Bastia, well impressed with him. Another good player is Jemaa, no wonder Jose M was following him. A well deserved draw for Tunisia as Cameroon completely lost control of the game after it got to 2-1 and especially in the second half. Made a small profit also as my stakes here are not bi.g JC, great pick on the Over, congratulations, you did well in Portugal tonight, happy for you...
Thanks nicko :ok! It was a great day indeed. This one I just tried to keep it simple (we all forget to do that sometimes) and, good thing, it worked out well. :cheers JC